Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 1.67 average. Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-23-12, 12:10 PM
UncleBaldy's Avatar
UncleBaldy UncleBaldy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Location: Nrthrn KY and Kokomo, IN
Posts: 5,016
UncleBaldy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by recently View Post
Hometeam doesn't resort to name-calling that often. noonereal needs to go.
I agree with the first part. I disagree with Hometeam on many things but they stay above the namecalling. NOR is, however, a different story. I leave that up to Yappi. However, if Yappi decides that it is necessary, he should probably ban me too, cause I have done it from time to time.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-24-12, 09:41 AM
Hometeam Hometeam is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Posts: 11,957
Hometeam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBaldy View Post
I agree with the first part. I disagree with Hometeam on many things but they stay above the namecalling. NOR is, however, a different story. I leave that up to Yappi. However, if Yappi decides that it is necessary, he should probably ban me too, cause I have done it from time to time.
As individuals, most people on Yappi seem pretty respectful; it's when people start piling on one poster that things get ugly. It's the mob/pack mentality - happens in middle school and some people never outgrow it.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-24-12, 11:13 AM
OhioBobcatFan06 OhioBobcatFan06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-06-05
Location: ohio bobcats hoops
Posts: 18,278
OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
There also seems to be a pack mentality in this country when it comes to taking entitlements. He's getting welfare, I should get it too! I deserve free food!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-27-12, 06:40 AM
sportsprophet sportsprophet is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Posts: 3,172
sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometeam View Post
it's when people start piling on one poster that things get ugly. It's the mob/pack mentality - happens in middle school and some people never outgrow it.
You mean like the ZIMMERMAN fans on the zimmerman threads?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-28-12, 02:47 PM
wildcatharrison wildcatharrison is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 03-12-10
Location: Northbrook estates
Posts: 5,156
wildcatharrison is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
You mean like the ZIMMERMAN fans on the zimmerman threads?
Didn't see anyone who was a fan of zimmerman, I did see some people stating their case why is was self defense.....you just didn't like it. Would it be fair to say your a fan of Trayvon?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-01-12, 03:26 AM
stxbomber43 stxbomber43 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-28-05
Location: When's basketball season?
Posts: 4,657
stxbomber43 is on a distinguished road
This seems rather pertinent to this thread.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...ing-blame-game
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-01-12, 01:42 PM
sportsprophet sportsprophet is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Posts: 3,172
sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatharrison View Post
Would it be fair to say your a fan of Trayvon?
yep
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-07-12, 01:04 AM
TigerLB TigerLB is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 08-12-11
Posts: 4,977
TigerLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It may be time to whip out "cretin" then.

how about: dimbulb? is that considered offensive or just insulting?

what about whole phrases such as: if brains were gunpowder, the guy wouldn't have enough to blow his nose?

Does humorous use mitigate the offensiveness?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-19-13, 10:31 PM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,294
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
There are many people on this forum that resort to calling people names when they don't agree with someone's opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-20-13, 07:20 PM
LittleCardsDad's Avatar
LittleCardsDad LittleCardsDad is offline
Words Like Violence
 
Join Date: 09-27-05
Location: Judicial Release
Posts: 38,494
LittleCardsDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
There are many people on this forum that resort to calling people names when they don't agree with someone's opinion.
Not since EP got banned.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-03-14, 12:18 AM
the_big_toe the_big_toe is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-05
Location: California
Posts: 12,895
the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
This forum has run relatively smooth for the last year or so. It was miserable before that and I really don't want to see it return to that form. Last time, 7-8 users lost access to this forum. If that is what it takes this time around, I'll start banning people from this forum again.
Perhaps, considering some of the recent activities on here, Yappi ought to revisit the purpose of THIS particular thread.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-03-14, 08:38 AM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,244
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
I've deleted more posts and closed more threads in the past few weeks than I have in probably 10 months.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-03-14, 09:42 AM
Trevor Gta Trevor Gta is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 02-17-14
Posts: 1,068
Trevor Gta is on a distinguished road
Tb and tigerlb are out of control. These guys need to be removed.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-03-14, 10:27 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,719
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Gta View Post
Tb and tigerlb are out of control. These guys need to be removed.
They'll both just meltdown within a few weeks anyway. Just let the herd thin naturally.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-03-14, 11:24 AM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,244
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Gta View Post
Tb and tigerlb are out of control. These guys need to be removed.
It's definitely not a one-way street. It looks like TB is already cooling off and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few others follow.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-03-14, 11:55 AM
Trevor Gta Trevor Gta is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 02-17-14
Posts: 1,068
Trevor Gta is on a distinguished road
It isn't a one way street, but those two can't carry on a convo without an insulting question at the end of their comment. I do it here and there but they started it! Why you so dumb? Lol j/k
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-03-14, 02:41 PM
TigerLB TigerLB is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 08-12-11
Posts: 4,977
TigerLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
It's definitely not a one-way street. It looks like TB is already cooling off and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few others follow.
Childish name calling is just that.

At least, be a little sophisticated when insulting someone or a group.

(and don't try to pretend the intent is anything but insult, because that is insulting to the intelligence of the target.)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-03-14, 02:47 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,244
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Who are you talking to and wth are you talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-03-14, 02:49 PM
noonereal noonereal is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Posts: 4,332
noonereal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLB View Post
Childish name calling is just that.

At least, be a little sophisticated when insulting someone or a group.

(and don't try to pretend the intent is anything but insult, because that is insulting to the intelligence of the target.)
personally I think calling a dolt a dolt or a clown a clown is the right thing to do.

Last edited by noonereal; 03-03-14 at 03:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-03-14, 03:04 PM
TigerLB TigerLB is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 08-12-11
Posts: 4,977
TigerLB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
personally I thing calling a dolt a dolt or a clown a clown is the right thing to do.
yeah but its boring and sophomoric. at least be a little creative when calling a cretin out.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-03-14, 03:07 PM
noonereal noonereal is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Posts: 4,332
noonereal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLB View Post
yeah but its boring and sophomoric. .

Not if done properly. If done properly it just becomes a statement of fact.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-03-14, 03:08 PM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,719
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
NOR and TLB are bonding.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-03-14, 04:02 PM
Slide-by Slide-by is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 03-08-11
Posts: 10,928
Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLB View Post
Childish name calling is just that..

(and don't try to pretend the intent is anything but an insult because that is insulting to the intelligence of the target.)
"insulting the intelligence of the target"

LOL oh man, that's great...
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-03-14, 08:47 PM
noonereal noonereal is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Posts: 4,332
noonereal is on a distinguished road
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-23-14, 12:07 AM
RichWittman RichWittman is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 05-14-14
Posts: 46
RichWittman is on a distinguished road
bump
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-16-16, 06:03 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,863
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
The namecalling and obnoxious behavior shouldn't get a pass because of political viewpoints.
I agree with you on this. Just because Trump is viewed as an outsider in our political system does not give him the right to call Bush low energy, call Cruz a liar or be demeaning to Rubio.

Just because he is liberal does not mean he should be allowed to continue such comments when running for a conservative position.

The behavior Trump displays is very obnoxious!

Stop the name calling and personal attacks Mr Trump.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-18-16, 09:28 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,698
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by recently View Post
Can I be a mod?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
All those words make me think of you. Like, instantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusmorgan View Post
I place the blame completely on G.W. Bush
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisRodman View Post
You guys are all morons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
Even an idiot should be able to understand what Yappi is talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
at this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Who are you talking to and wth are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCardsDad View Post
Not since EP got banned.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-03-16, 12:50 AM
Bethere Bethere is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-01-16
Posts: 41
Bethere is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
All those words make me think of you. Like, instantly.
You are still on top of your game!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-03-16, 07:09 AM
Frank Underwood Frank Underwood is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-09-15
Posts: 4,661
Frank Underwood has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I miss noonereal, hometeam and Scott Garber.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-05-16, 10:20 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 12,719
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
NOR is still around on the national football boards.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz