Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-24-18, 08:10 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Butler (3-2) at Greenville (3-2)

For the first time in a long time all of the GWOC North teams enter conference play with winning records. This might be the most competitive that the league has been in a very long time. Butler is coming off a big win over Xenia and as such has doubled down on their playoff odds. Five wins would likely get them in but Butler is eyeing much bigger things than merely getting in. They want to host and win.

First test will be against a improved Greenville team that is coming off an exciting win over West Carrollton. Butler has been good against the run and will be focused on keeping that up against Greenville and containing Eldridge. Butler made Sincere Wells a non factor in a 13-7 win Friday and will probably take a similar game plan to Greenville.

Butler don’t exactly wow you offensively but they should be able to get things going against the Wave. I think this will be a close hard fought game but I will take Butler in the end 23-21.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-18, 09:44 AM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
No disrespect to Gville but this game shouldn’t be that close if Vandalia isn’t in self destruct mode. Gville has wins over teams that are a combined 1-14 so that 3-2 is a little misleading. They are winning games that they might have lost in the past so I do agree that they are better then they have been so can’t look past them to Troy. But I think this will be closer to the Tecumseh and Wilmington scores. I’ll take Vandalia by 2-3 touchdowns.
Old 09-24-18, 10:40 AM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Butler is coming off a big win over Xenia and as such has doubled down on their playoff odds. Five wins would likely get them in but Butler is eyeing much bigger things than merely getting in. They want to host and win.
Are you trying to say that if Butler goes 5-5 that they'd be in the playoffs? That is highly unlikely. They'd need to be 6-4 at least to get in based on point projections for the region.
Old 09-24-18, 11:10 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
Are you trying to say that if Butler goes 5-5 that they'd be in the playoffs? That is highly unlikely. They'd need to be 6-4 at least to get in based on point projections for the region.
Based on what Drew has on Fantastic50 it’s a quirky thing that could happen. I don’t think it matters because they should finish 7-3 or 6-4 but thought it was interesting.
Old 09-24-18, 02:13 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Pass the ball and you beat Greenville. That's why I was shaking my head at the narrow win over West Carrollton. I heard people talking about how exciting that win was, completely ignorant of the fact that if we were truly an improved team, we should've stomped them like Eaton and Stebbins. That being said, watch out for Eldridge. He's on pace to break the school record for single season rushing yards.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-18, 08:07 PM
Freshman

Knowthegame is on a distinguished road
Butler is looking good this year. Coach Puckett and his staff have done a great job with these boys. Especially with a heavy senior and freshman squad They have a strong quarterback and running back and their defense has done nothing but get better each game. I pick Butler for the win against Greenville
Old 09-24-18, 08:58 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowthegame View Post
Butler is looking good this year. Coach Puckett and his staff have done a great job with these boys. Especially with a heavy senior and freshman squad They have a strong quarterback and running back and their defense has done nothing but get better each game. I pick Butler for the win against Greenville
Puckett was a slam dunk hire. The minute they hired him they committed to a winning culture and putting football back in a prominent place at Butler. He has built a great staff keeping a lot of core guys from last year but also added some key pieces. Love the fact that his dad Jerry joined the staff too. HOF coach that brings a lot to the program. The kids are learning, growing and for the first time in a long time having fun. The numbers may be lower than past teams but the kids there are committed and totally bought in. This isnít the biggest, fastest, or most athletic team Butler has had but they bust their tails and they believe in the program, the vision and themselves. Proud to be an Aviator! Regardless of how many wins we get this year I know we have our guy and we are building a monster over here. Hopefully we can keep Puckett for a very long time.
Old 09-25-18, 07:46 AM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Great points made here about the direction of the Butler program. I see it first hand each week and it’s real. I can tell you that the focus is on Greenville, it’s one week at a time. The Aviators just have to go out and execute in this one. Defensively keep the ball in front of them, limit big plays. Make every offensive possession count.
Old 09-25-18, 07:49 AM
Varsity

jpatt6879 is on a distinguished road
Butler by three touchdowns
Old 09-26-18, 07:49 AM
Junior Varsity

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
LOL Butler fans win three games over bad teams and think they are going to state or something. Butler got stomped by the only two teams they played that are actually have way good. I saw that offense on tv against Northmont and it’s bad. Defense is even worse. Xenia will win maybe four games this year so to act like they are tough is funny. I hope Greenville beats Butler so bad just to see them go winless in the GWOC North. Not beating Piqua Troy Sidney or Tipp and I guarantee that!
Old 09-26-18, 07:50 AM
Junior Varsity

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Based on what Drew has on Fantastic50 itís a quirky thing that could happen. I donít think it matters because they should finish 7-3 or 6-4 but thought it was interesting.
Sorry but no way they win six games this year.
Old 09-26-18, 08:26 AM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by latti6935a View Post
LOL Butler fans win three games over bad teams and think they are going to state or something. Butler got stomped by the only two teams they played that are actually have way good. I saw that offense on tv against Northmont and itís bad. Defense is even worse. Xenia will win maybe four games this year so to act like they are tough is funny. I hope Greenville beats Butler so bad just to see them go winless in the GWOC North. Not beating Piqua Troy Sidney or Tipp and I guarantee that!
You may be right about Butler not being great, and time will tell as the GWOC north games should be interesting.

But, Xenia is nearly guaranteed to be 6-4 at the end of this season. They'll for sure lose to Springfield and Trotwood, but Fairborn, Stebbins & WC are basically automatic wins. Obviously beating cupcakes doesn't mean Xenia is good, but at least look at their schedule before making an assumption on wins.
Old 09-26-18, 04:41 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by latti6935a View Post
LOL Butler fans win three games over bad teams and think they are going to state or something. Butler got stomped by the only two teams they played that are actually have way good. I saw that offense on tv against Northmont and itís bad. Defense is even worse. Xenia will win maybe four games this year so to act like they are tough is funny. I hope Greenville beats Butler so bad just to see them go winless in the GWOC North. Not beating Piqua Troy Sidney or Tipp and I guarantee that!
I donít usually feed the trolls but you seem hungry for knowledge. Vandalia wouldnít be ranked 4th in R12 with bad wins. In fact they are seeded above teams with better overall records because they have played better teams. Xenia isnít great but they sure arenít bad either. I donít think Tipp would have an answer for Sincere Wells but I donít want to get too far off into hypotheticals. Nobody said Vandalia is going to win state, people are excited that we actually have a great coaching staff in place and the team is way ahead of schedule. They should be a playoff team and that is pretty dang exciting to see a first year coach coming in and doing that. Honestly it sounds like you are a little nervous and you should be. This team is hungry and itís time to eat.
Old 09-26-18, 06:15 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
I don’t agree with Latti. Based on results Butler seems much improved and Xenia is a good team. Besides Troy and Greenville (I think), Butler, Piqua and Tipp are about as even as you can get. Those games are all gonna be decided by turnovers and coaching adjustments
Old 09-26-18, 06:44 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
I don’t agree with Latti. Based on results Butler seems much improved and Xenia is a good team. Besides Troy and Greenville (I think), Butler, Piqua and Tipp are about as even as you can get. Those games are all gonna be decided by turnovers and coaching adjustments
Honestly, this may be a common refrain for the next few years. Troy will be at the top, then one of the next tier teams (Butler, Tipp, Sidney, Piqua) spiking up every year to challenge Troy but not enough to get it done. Then it will be a battle just to get above 500 for the 2nd tier. But what will be exciting is that it may be a different team to lead that 2nd tier each year (this Year I think its VB, but anyone could get it). I could see Piqua maybe moving up with Troy in the future just with their history, but this will be a fun conference to watch the next few years.

I have always waited for Greenville to put a 3 - 4 year run together. I think paraody will be the norm, and it will make for some fun football.
Old 09-26-18, 07:09 PM
All Ohio

Agree with everyone outside of latti. I was very excited to see Butler beat Xenia because I really thought next to Troy they were the only other stretch game. I think the rest of the North stacks up well with each other and those should be some damn good games over the next five weeks. I think it only gets better with the new league.
Old 09-27-18, 09:01 AM
Varsity

ButlerParent is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
I donít usually feed the trolls but you seem hungry for knowledge. Vandalia wouldnít be ranked 4th in R12 with bad wins. In fact they are seeded above teams with better overall records because they have played better teams. Xenia isnít great but they sure arenít bad either. I donít think Tipp would have an answer for Sincere Wells but I donít want to get too far off into hypotheticals. Nobody said Vandalia is going to win state, people are excited that we actually have a great coaching staff in place and the team is way ahead of schedule. They should be a playoff team and that is pretty dang exciting to see a first year coach coming in and doing that. Honestly it sounds like you are a little nervous and you should be. This team is hungry and itís time to eat.
I seen the film and Greenville isnt good. The teams they beat have one win. Xenia blew them out. Butler wins big. You need to stop it though. Butler got blown out by Harrison they are 2-3 now. I hope they get back to where Bush had them league champs and in the playoffs.
Old 09-27-18, 09:03 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Puckett was a slam dunk hire. The minute they hired him they committed to a winning culture and putting football back in a prominent place at Butler. He has built a great staff keeping a lot of core guys from last year but also added some key pieces. Love the fact that his dad Jerry joined the staff too. HOF coach that brings a lot to the program. The kids are learning, growing and for the first time in a long time having fun. The numbers may be lower than past teams but the kids there are committed and totally bought in. This isnít the biggest, fastest, or most athletic team Butler has had but they bust their tails and they believe in the program, the vision and themselves. Proud to be an Aviator! Regardless of how many wins we get this year I know we have our guy and we are building a monster over here. Hopefully we can keep Puckett for a very long time.
Hyatt took the fun away and you loved Hyatt.
Old 09-27-18, 01:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerParent View Post
Hyatt took the fun away and you loved Hyatt.
Missed the part where I loved Hyatt. I didn’t loathe him like you did but also wouldn’t say I thought he was amazing. He was the coach and I supported him as such. I want to see whoever is in the role at any given time do well because that means Butler is doing. Was Hyatt a good HC? No not at all. Does that make him a bad person? I don’t think so. Honestly Bush is a good guy but I don’t think he was a great HC. You could argue with all his talent he should have won a few playoff games. Same is true for Hyatt...no excuse to not have playoff teams. Good thing is all of that is behind us and we have a coach that was brought here to coach. About damn time! And who knows maybe we can celebrate a trip to the playoffs this year. I think we can both agree that we want that!
Old 09-27-18, 05:26 PM
All American

I thought Greenville had really improved, but needing overtime to beat West Carrollton took away a lot of my optimism. I hope they prove me wrong. In the long term, I can't see why they couldn't get back to the hard nosed, competitive spirit I saw back in the 90s. Sure, it was ancient history, but it's all I have at the moment. This one will be competitive for a while, but the Green Wave simply doesn't have the horses. Look for Eldridge to keep racking up yards, though. He's a big bright spot, no doubt.

Old 09-27-18, 06:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
I thought Greenville had really improved, but needing overtime to beat West Carrollton took away a lot of my optimism. I hope they prove me wrong. In the long term, I can't see why they couldn't get back to the hard nosed, competitive spirit I saw back in the 90s. Sure, it was ancient history, but it's all I have at the moment. This one will be competitive for a while, but the Green Wave simply doesn't have the horses. Look for Eldridge to keep racking up yards, though. He's a big bright spot, no doubt.

Eldridge is a big reason I see this being close. I still think this game is separated by a TD or less. I like Butler but expect Greenville to put up a fight.
Old 09-27-18, 07:09 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Eldridge is a big reason I see this being close. I still think this game is separated by a TD or less. I like Butler but expect Greenville to put up a fight.
Greenville will probably lose by 30 or more
Old 09-28-18, 12:43 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Missed the part where I loved Hyatt. I didn’t loathe him like you did but also wouldn’t say I thought he was amazing. He was the coach and I supported him as such. I want to see whoever is in the role at any given time do well because that means Butler is doing. Was Hyatt a good HC? No not at all. Does that make him a bad person? I don’t think so. Honestly Bush is a good guy but I don’t think he was a great HC. You could argue with all his talent he should have won a few playoff games. Same is true for Hyatt...no excuse to not have playoff teams. Good thing is all of that is behind us and we have a coach that was brought here to coach. About damn time! And who knows maybe we can celebrate a trip to the playoffs this year. I think we can both agree that we want that!
So you hope Puckett can get it back to where Bush had it making the playoffs? You werent as bad as benchwarmer I will say that.

Which state champ were they to beat Lasalle or Loveland?
Old 10-01-18, 02:49 PM
All American

Just heard we had a ton of key injuries and ejections from this game and will be really short handed against Troy. This true? If so would have thought there would have been mention of that here.
Old 10-01-18, 04:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Just heard we had a ton of key injuries and ejections from this game and will be really short handed against Troy. This true? If so would have thought there would have been mention of that here.
That's interesting. I hadn't heard about that. All I was aware of is that Eldridge didn't play for some reason.

Old 10-01-18, 07:53 PM
Varsity

fletcjt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Butler #20 went out with a ugly looking injury. Hope he is ok got leg whipped by someone making a tackle looked like his leg was planted in turf. #18 threw a punch was ejected. And when Butler was up 2 scores with under a minute to go decided not to just take a couple knees but throw a pass and a kid was injured.
Old 10-01-18, 08:50 PM
All American

Yikes....that’s not good.
Old 10-02-18, 08:00 AM
All Ohio

This will be a true test of depth for Butler without question. No excuses.next man up and let’s go to war.
Old 10-02-18, 10:49 AM
All District

powerpost is on a distinguished road
Looks like my dirtiest butler comment must have some merit. Throwing late when game is over also sounds familiar.
Old 10-02-18, 06:19 PM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Highlights: https://www.butleraviatorsfootball.com/