Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-18, 10:58 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,126
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Sean Milller busted

ESPN is reporting that FBI has a wire tape where Sean Miller was offering money to a runner for a sports agent to land a top prospect. Another domino that is falling in the FBI sting operation of coaches paying agents to land star prospects.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-23-18, 11:42 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 14,133
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
According to the report, Miller was talking to one of the agents associated with ASM who was indicted last week regarding a $100k payment to ensure Deandre Ayton signed with Arizona. Can't see how Miller keeps his job (think he's sweating now?). If it's proven that Ayton received any money, especially and egregious amount as stated, can't see how Arizona would be allowed in the dance this year and Ayton likely would be ruled ineligible, even if they can proceed the rest of the season. March is going to be extremely interesting, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-18, 02:17 AM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 7,319
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
ESPN is reporting that even if Miller is fired with cause, he will still receive 10+ million $$$ under his contract with Arizona. Congrats to the lawyers who drew up that contract.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-18, 06:15 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,126
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
According to ESPN Myles Bridges of Michigan State may be one of the players involved with receiving money ( allegedly his mom got paid ). Some big name coaches might be losing their jobs and coaching careers tainted.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 02-24-18 at 06:40 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-18, 06:48 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,126
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Really am tired of these coaches denying that they know anything about these payments. Reflection of our society just deny ( lie ) until it is proven that you are guilty whether it is sports, business, or government just keep lying that you know anything.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-26-18, 09:43 AM
CincyHSFootballFan CincyHSFootballFan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-28-06
Posts: 2,434
CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Really am tired of these coaches denying that they know anything about these payments. Reflection of our society just deny ( lie ) until it is proven that you are guilty whether it is sports, business, or government just keep lying that you know anything.
I get it and also hate liars. However, coaches have zero ability to control these agents or stop them from paying players.

I agree 100% with the article below. Its time for the NCAA to just open the door for agents, shoe companies, what not, to pay these kids. No NCAA rule or punishment is going to stop it from happening.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...226-story.html
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-18, 12:54 PM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,611
Bballer05
i'm sure more will come out on this but you won't find it on ESPN page at all, but apparently ESPN reported the wrong date for these wiretap conversations. the dates they used didn't even matchup to what the FBI actually had.

i have a feeling Sean Miller will be coaching at Arizona after all this.

ESPN is awful.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-18, 02:01 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,902
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I agree baller. I stated on another thread I think ESPN will be fake news by the end of this. Gotcha journalism and trying to be the first.

Forde and Thamel already have looked stupid for years. The piece by Thamel on Wade at LSU isn't even a story
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-18, 02:12 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,438
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
So he didn’t have conversations about paying a player? Obviously, that’s a more important point than if dates matched up in a story.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-26-18, 02:17 PM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,611
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
So he didnít have conversations about paying a player? Obviously, thatís a more important point than if dates matched up in a story.
i have no idea what the conversations were. i will wait until i hear the actual audio of these wiretaps before i pass judgment on Miller.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-27-18, 11:16 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,438
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
i have no idea what the conversations were. i will wait until i hear the actual audio of these wiretaps before i pass judgment on Miller.
Well, you already said you think heíll be vindicated without the facts, so....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-27-18, 11:27 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,611
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Well, you already said you think heíll be vindicated without the facts, so....
HE said he thinks he will be vindicated.

when you hear a report about one thing, and then several things come out that refute that report or show that they reported facts incorrectly, you start to wonder what is true.

as i said, i will wait to hear what's exactly on the wiretap before i pass judgment, but the more that comes out on this, the more i'm leaning towards Miller still coaching.

i could be wrong. just my feeling at this time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-27-18, 11:28 AM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,979
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Who cares? Everyone pays players. Players take steroids and HGH. The only charges should be on the NCAA.

Even at Ohio University i've seen dirt poor athletes driving in 40,000 dollar cars. Cough cough DJ Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-27-18, 11:30 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,438
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
HE said he thinks he will be vindicated.

when you hear a report about one thing, and then several things come out that refute that report or show that they reported facts incorrectly, you start to wonder what is true.

as i said, i will wait to hear what's exactly on the wiretap before i pass judgment, but the more that comes out on this, the more i'm leaning towards Miller still coaching.

i could be wrong. just my feeling at this time.
You think he’ll be coaching at Arizona, YOU. You said that. In other words, YOU think he will be vindicated.

I don’t really care, maybe he will, maybe he won’t, but you aren’t reserving judgement until the facts come out like an impartial observer. You certainly expressed your bias in saying you think Miller will be vindicated and coaching Arizona.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-27-18, 11:40 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,611
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
You think heíll be coaching at Arizona, YOU. You said that. In other words, YOU think he will be vindicated.

I donít really care, maybe he will, maybe he wonít, but you arenít reserving judgement until the facts come out like an impartial observer. You certainly expressed your bias in saying you think Miller will be vindicated and coaching Arizona.
WHY are arguing semantics here? what's your point?

i pointed out that ESPN had inaccuracies in their initial report. i brought up how the lawyers for U of A already cleared Ayton and he's playing.

my point was he was basically convicted in the media because of ESPN's report, which wasn't even all CORRECT.

just because i say i'm leaning towards him coaching again at Arizona doesn't mean that I AM vindicating him. i said i will wait to see what audio is on the wiretap.

why are you nitpicking this s%&* for zero reason at all except to start an argument?

makes no sense.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-27-18, 12:19 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,438
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I wasn’t. I just pointed out you already came to the conclusion he’d be coaching at Arizona again.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-27-18, 01:44 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 3,126
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Call me cynical but I am tired of these coaches and players who deny any wrong doing only later to be proven guilty. Baseball players and steroids come to mind.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-27-18, 05:02 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 1,412
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
i have no idea what the conversations were. i will wait until i hear the actual audio of these wiretaps before i pass judgment on Miller.
I agree, Bballer05, although it doesn't look good for Sean Miller. Some of the ESPN reporting, though, has been incorrect. I'm not a Sean Miller fan, but we'll all know for sure pretty soon.

I think e-p is shooting for the 14Red posting award. Don't worry about it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-27-18, 06:52 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,902
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Yeah at the very least the "reporting" on this should make us question what is accurate and what isn't. Since ESPN hasn't even heard what's on the wire taps it is fair to question their integrity in reporting them. It may end up being true Miller was involved, but at the end of the day ESPN didn't do their due diligence and wanted to be the first to report on it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-27-18, 07:08 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,438
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Agree, sounds like ESPN botched some details. Will be interesting to find out if Miller was involved in paying players.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-27-18, 10:11 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,778
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
So the school investigation says there is no reason to suspend the player at this time. Makes sense because they have nothing to lose with this action. They lose the season either way if more comes out.
What will be more telling is does Miller coach the two games coming up. With the botched reports if he has nothing to hide he will be on the floor this week.
The issue Arizona has is controlling the narrative he still had zero knowledge of what his friend and longest tenured assistant Richardson was up to. Arizona has begun to hemorrhage top recruits due to this mess. How much Miller baggage is Arizona willing to take on after the Rich Rod fiasco ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-01-18, 04:21 PM
Southwest Guy Southwest Guy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-05-02
Posts: 13,778
Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Good to see a decision made so soon with Arizona supporting Miller.
Miller more emphatic with this denial. Will be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-02-18, 10:22 AM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,698
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
lol at ESPN
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-02-18, 01:22 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,994
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Disgusting seeing Arizona fans give Sean Miller a standing ovation last night? Why? Because he put off a cheating allegation until a few months from now? Also, the kid who failed the PED test was also reinstated?
College sports, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel folks.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-02-18, 01:25 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,107
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Dolt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz