Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-23-18, 09:39 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Tippecanoe (3-2) @ Troy (4-1)

Tipp is coming off of two blowouts over bad teams Tipp faces its toughest challenge of the season besides Northmont. I donít expect Tipp to win but I think it will be close.
Tipp 17
Troy 28
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-18, 09:41 PM
Varsity

coldelis74 is on a distinguished road
I think boat defenses are pretty stout. But I will take Tipp in this one.

21-14 Tipp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-18, 06:32 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Troy's running game and speed win this one.

Troy 28
Tipp 7
Old 09-24-18, 06:33 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
In think Tipp is probably a similar team to Turpin. Therefore I see a similar score. I will say 28-7.
Old 09-24-18, 06:40 AM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Tipp probably blew its best shot to beat a solid Troy team last season, being up 13-0 at halftime. They then fumbled the 2nd half kickoff, and everything after that was terrible for Tipp as they lost 28-13.

I expect Troy to win easier this time around. Something around 31-10.
Old 09-24-18, 06:57 AM
All Region

BoomerSooner is on a distinguished road
It'll be interesting to see how Tipp does in this one. Each of the last 2 seasons Tipp has played Troy well for a half, but then the 2nd half was completely one-sided.
Old 09-24-18, 07:57 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Tough one for Tipp to win but I agree with them keeping it close. I was impressed with Tipp not backing down against Northmont and that will go a long way in this game. Troy got their weaknesses exposed Friday question is can Tipp and others exploit that? Troy is still the class of the North and a very good team. I think Troy pulls away late to win by 10.
Old 09-25-18, 07:51 AM
Varsity

jpatt6879 is on a distinguished road
Troy 42 Tipp 14
Old 09-25-18, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Tough one for Tipp to win but I agree with them keeping it close. I was impressed with Tipp not backing down against Northmont and that will go a long way in this game. Troy got their weaknesses exposed Friday question is can Tipp and others exploit that? Troy is still the class of the North and a very good team. I think Troy pulls away late to win by 10.
I don't know if Troy got exposed. Sure they made some mistakes they don't typically make. But Miamisburg is just that good. Troy lost by the same margin as Wayne did to them. And Wayne just beat down a very good Northmont team. Like I've said before, Troy isn't worse than people think. Miamisburg is just extremely good this year.
Old 09-25-18, 11:19 AM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As TroyTrojan said, I donít think they got any weaknesses exposed, unless you count their weakness as big linebackers that are really aggressive and a run-first offense with a QB that can hit an open receiver when youíre pulled in. Miamisburg is a good team, thatís why they beat Wayne, ranked #9 in the state according to Pasteurís site. Their backs arenít as good as they were a couple years ago but the QB is good, and they have some big targets they can hit quickly when you have to respect the run. I also think Troy got outcoached a bit, the game plan was a little poor in my opinion. But, either way, Miamisburg is really good.

I think Troy handles Tipp by around 21. Probably 35-14 or somewhere in there. I think the North is pretty good this year from top to bottom, but the gap is still wide there at the top. Butler might be on the upswing and challenge Troy but I donít think anybody is within 10 points or so this season.
Old 09-25-18, 11:40 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Weaknesses exposed was probably not the best choice of words. I look at it more as that Troy actually lost. Is there anything that teams can take from that and exploit? It sounds like this was more of just running into a darn good football team with great players. To that point Troy isn’t going to run into anything like that in the North. Butler is improved and I hope they play Troy close but they aren’t ready to knock Troy of the pedestal this year. Just don’t see them being able to match that talent right now.
Old 09-25-18, 02:27 PM
Junior Varsity

jpclaw is on a distinguished road
My heart wants to see a Tipp win, but my mind says, not this time. Troy by 17 points.

I even went so far as to check the weather forecast, hoping for a "horrible" weather night to keep scoring low, but no such luck. The weather forecast has it being perfect for Friday night football @68 at kick off and no rain.
Old 09-25-18, 02:40 PM
All District

I think Tipp's best chance to stay in this game, or possibly win would hinge upon a gameplan that includes some new wrinkles that Troy hasn't seen and isn't expecting. Tipp would need to execute to near perfection, and even at that the end result would still be close.

Barring some big mistakes by Troy, or some surprises up Tipp's sleeve, Troy should win comfortably.
Old 09-25-18, 03:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHFball10 View Post
I think Tipp's best chance to stay in this game, or possibly win would hinge upon a gameplan that includes some new wrinkles that Troy hasn't seen and isn't expecting. Tipp would need to execute to near perfection, and even at that the end result would still be close.

Barring some big mistakes by Troy, or some surprises up Tipp's sleeve, Troy should win comfortably.
Just do what Army did to Oklahoma this past weekend and control the ball for 75% of the game haha
Old 09-25-18, 04:11 PM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Weaknesses exposed was probably not the best choice of words. I look at it more as that Troy actually lost. Is there anything that teams can take from that and exploit? It sounds like this was more of just running into a darn good football team with great players. To that point Troy isnít going to run into anything like that in the North. Butler is improved and I hope they play Troy close but they arenít ready to knock Troy of the pedestal this year. Just donít see them being able to match that talent right now.
I would honestly say the game was much closer than it seemed. It was 31-14...one of Miamisburgís touchdowns came late in the first half, off Troyís only turnover. The turnover was a pass that went right through the hands of a Troy receiver and landed in the lap of a Miamisburg defender. That was in the red zone and then was returned into Troyís red zone. If you imagine that Troy scored a TD and Miamisburg doesnít (a 14 point swing) the game is 24-21 Miamisburg. Troy even had more yards than Miamisburg..they just controlled the ball.
Old 09-25-18, 05:47 PM
All American

Tipp would have one last year had they not fumbled the kickoff to start the second half. And throw 3 INTs in ththe second half. I think Tipp’s def will stop Troy’s offense quite a bit, but they can not turn thoff ball over. And they badly need to win the field position battle. If Tipp can win the turnover battle, win the field position battle and score at least 3 times I think they can win. If they start turning the ball over in the first half it will get ugly. One advantage Troy has had the last 2 years was knowing Tipp’s offense inside and out. Tipp has not been able to run jet at all the last 2 years against Troy. If they came out with 3 receiver sets and tried to throw early and often, I think they would catch Troy so off guard they would be able to score a few points
Old 09-25-18, 06:47 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Troy 42
Tipp City 20
Old 09-26-18, 07:41 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
This is a rivalry that should have been played over decades.
Troy will win but Tipp will hang for a half.
Old 09-26-18, 07:43 AM
Junior Varsity

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Tipp needs to mix it up on offense and come out throwing. Troy wouldn’t know what hit them and would not be able to adjust. They have been planning all week to just stack the box. Those Troy kids would be so confused they’d be running into one another and tripping all over themselves. But we don’t make adjustments so probably going to get beat 42-7.
Old 09-26-18, 09:32 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Burgbachers will be ready for anything. If they lose it wont be because they have not seen it before.
Old 09-26-18, 03:46 PM
All American

https://www.tdn-net.com/sports/48907...set-for-battle

Great article on the game
Old 09-26-18, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

https://www.tdn-net.com/sports/48954...trigue-to-game

I knew Beam name sounded familiar...
Old 09-26-18, 06:10 PM
All American

Dusty Beam was a hell of a ball player. His son Cade is even better at baseball. And he’s a pretty damn good fullback to
Old 09-26-18, 06:50 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Blowout, Troy by 4 touchdowns.
Old 09-28-18, 12:47 PM
All District

This is the first game with any GWOC North teams I'm attending this season, so I'm hoping to see a good game, and see how Troy and Tipp have progressed since last year.

I do still believe Troy will win easily, but maybe Tipp can keep it close past the 1st half.
Old 09-28-18, 04:30 PM
Junior Varsity

jpclaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by latti6935a View Post
Tipp needs to mix it up on offense and come out throwing. Troy wouldnít know what hit them and would not be able to adjust. They have been planning all week to just stack the box. Those Troy kids would be so confused theyíd be running into one another and tripping all over themselves. But we donít make adjustments so probably going to get beat 42-7.
That would be awesome. Tipp, lining up in shotgun formation, empty back field and throwing 80% of their possessions. It will never happen but would be glorious, right? If everyone says you have no chance to win, why not pull out all the stops and come at them with everything....

Iíve changed my mind, Tipp is going to win tonight, sorry Troy! Tippís QB will throw 4 or 5 TD and have over 350 yards, maybe 1 INT.
Old 09-28-18, 06:35 PM
All Region

Troy forced Tipp into a pair of three-and-outs to start the game and scored easily on short fields to lead 14-0, but then Tipp drove for their own TD, then picked off a Troy pass and punched it in again, and..... we're tied at 14.

Tippecanoe 14
Troy 14

9:21 2nd Quarter
Old 09-28-18, 06:39 PM
All Region

Long TD run by Troy on the ensuing drive.

Tippecanoe 14
Troy 21

8:51 2nd Quarter
Old 09-28-18, 06:59 PM
All Region

Halftime

Tippecanoe 14
Troy 21
Old 09-28-18, 07:08 PM
All American

Tipp is fighting hard and in the game in the first half. Just like the past 2 years. We will see what happens in the second half.