Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-16-18, 03:44 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Should I even try to explain that the Hornets/Hawks/Nets games would be replaced by Suns/Mavs/Kings or is it not worth the effort?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-18, 04:31 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
He’d just ignore it.
Old 03-16-18, 06:48 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Am I the only one that thinks he could be OBCDEFG ?
Old 03-16-18, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

Yes
Old 03-19-18, 10:04 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Ty Lue stepping aside for health reasons per USA Today.

Last edited by clarkgriswold; 03-19-18 at 10:18 AM..
Old 03-19-18, 11:20 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously...Kevin Love with panic attacks, Lue stepping aside for health reasons, Bron brings in several buddies then two months in their bailing...you just cannot make this stuff up. I wish the NBA had the NFL version of Hard Knocks. Wouldn't you like to be a mouse at Cavs headquarters to see this soap opera play out??? And there is one common thread to all of this garbage going on...and you can't do anything about it because he's your best player.
Old 03-19-18, 11:47 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I think he caught Love's panic attacks.
Old 03-19-18, 11:49 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Everything will be fine in a week or so...BAM!
Old 03-19-18, 01:01 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Should they just name Lebron acting coach? Give him the official title that he has had unofficially for years?
Old 03-19-18, 01:14 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
No that seems like a dumb idea.
Old 03-19-18, 02:58 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I agree, Neo.
Old 03-19-18, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Should they just name Lebron acting coach? Give him the official title that he has had unofficially for years?
Might as well, but LBJ will tell them not to. He doesn't want that added scrutiny.
Old 03-19-18, 07:44 PM
All Yappi

Kevin Love is back and looking good. Desperately needed. He and Korver are pretty lethal together with LeBron. Now need to get Nance and Hood back healthy to find out what this group can be
Old 03-19-18, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Kevin Love is back and looking good. Desperately needed. He and Korver are pretty lethal together with LeBron. Now need to get Nance and Hood back healthy to find out what this group can be
Love's rebounding and passing at the top of the key were missed as much as his points.

Any chance the real Tristan Thompson stands up ?
Old 03-20-18, 06:18 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Seriously...Kevin Love with panic attacks, Lue stepping aside for health reasons, Bron brings in several buddies then two months in their bailing...you just cannot make this stuff up. I wish the NBA had the NFL version of Hard Knocks. Wouldn't you like to be a mouse at Cavs headquarters to see this soap opera play out??? And there is one common thread to all of this garbage going on...and you can't do anything about it because he's your best player.
So you are suggesting that LeBron has instructed KLove to have panic attacks and Lue to step down due to his health?
Old 03-20-18, 07:17 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
After seeing Korver in the starting lineup a couple games now ... I agree with you ... he needs to stay there!
Old 03-20-18, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok...I'm going to withhold my comments about this post until I get an answer to a simple question: are you insinuating that LeBron James is responsible for the recent health issues of Tyronn Lue and Kevin Love? It's a yes or no answer.
Old 03-20-18, 10:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Should I even try to explain that the Hornets/Hawks/Nets games would be replaced by Suns/Mavs/Kings or is it not worth the effort?
If you don't understand that there are more-better teams in the West, then you simply are not paying attention.
Old 03-20-18, 10:43 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
Ok...I'm going to withhold my comments about this post until I get an answer to a simple question: are you insinuating that LeBron James is responsible for the recent health issues of Tyronn Lue and Kevin Love? It's a yes or no answer.
Yes, absolutely yes. LeBron is off the rails. Everyone in that organization is scared to stand up to the man. He's their best player, but no one controls him. He's coaching the team, always has been. What was the thing you noticed most with the dust up the other day on the bench? I noticed that not one player or assistant coach looked at either LeBron or Lue during that exchange. We see that during timeouts in packed arenas? How do you think LeBron is at practice when no one is around???
What do you think bedevil?
Old 03-20-18, 10:44 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
After seeing Korver in the starting lineup a couple games now ... I agree with you ... he needs to stay there!
Who's going to play defense? The other teams go after Korver every possession. Ever notice that guards have great games vs. the Cavs???
Old 03-20-18, 11:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, absolutely yes. LeBron is off the rails. Everyone in that organization is scared to stand up to the man. He's their best player, but no one controls him. He's coaching the team, always has been. What was the thing you noticed most with the dust up the other day on the bench? I noticed that not one player or assistant coach looked at either LeBron or Lue during that exchange. We see that during timeouts in packed arenas? How do you think LeBron is at practice when no one is around???
This thread is badly in need of CatAlum.
Old 03-20-18, 01:03 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Old 03-20-18, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What do I think? I think you've lost your fecking mind, that's what I think.

Let's understand this much: yes, LeBron James is a diva, just like so many other top tier NBA stars. There is a caste system in the NBA that is undeniable, but it is also understood.

The way you're perceiving the recent struggles of Love and Lue as attributable to their exposure to LeBron James is what is off the rails. He's been in the league 15 years and yet I never heard of Mike Brown or Eric Spoelstra or Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh headed for psycho-therapy because of their experience coaching or playing on the same team as LeBron James. James is not perfect; he seems to need validation of his greatness, which is an odd quirk of his personality. But I honestly don't believe he is disruptive.

I think the weight of expectations weighed heavily on Lue. First, he was given a roster of aging/injured players at the start of the season that turned out to have absolutely no chemistry. Then, there was the overhaul at the trading deadline, and suddenly Lue had to pull together a roster of comparatively inexperienced players and get them playoff-ready, only to see many of them fall victim to injury. The only constant this season has been the play of LeBron James, and Tyronn Lue knows it. He has been dealt a difficult hand, but one that is made easier to play because there is a King in his deck day after day.
Old 03-20-18, 05:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
If you don't understand that there are more-better teams in the West, then you simply are not paying attention.
The post you made is equivalent to saying about a western conference team, "just think if you had to replace a couple of the Grizzlies/Suns/Kings games with Raptors/Celtics/Cavs..."
Old 03-20-18, 06:17 PM
All Yappi

Agreed, bedevil. All the way through, but especially the second line
Old 03-20-18, 07:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
What do I think? I think you've lost your fecking mind, that's what I think.

Let's understand this much: yes, LeBron James is a diva, just like so many other top tier NBA stars. There is a caste system in the NBA that is undeniable, but it is also understood.

The way you're perceiving the recent struggles of Love and Lue as attributable to their exposure to LeBron James is what is off the rails. He's been in the league 15 years and yet I never heard of Mike Brown or Eric Spoelstra or Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh headed for psycho-therapy because of their experience coaching or playing on the same team as LeBron James. James is not perfect; he seems to need validation of his greatness, which is an odd quirk of his personality. But I honestly don't believe he is disruptive.

I think the weight of expectations weighed heavily on Lue. First, he was given a roster of aging/injured players at the start of the season that turned out to have absolutely no chemistry. Then, there was the overhaul at the trading deadline, and suddenly Lue had to pull together a roster of comparatively inexperienced players and get them playoff-ready, only to see many of them fall victim to injury. The only constant this season has been the play of LeBron James, and Tyronn Lue knows it. He has been dealt a difficult hand, but one that is made easier to play because there is a King in his deck day after day.
I have it on good authority that Dwayne Wade's knee problems and Chris Bosh's blood clots are directly attributable to LeBron.
Old 03-20-18, 07:50 PM
All Yappi

Ha!
Old 03-20-18, 07:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I have it on good authority that Dwayne Wade's knee problems and Chris Bosh's blood clots are directly attributable to LeBron.
There's a rumor being floated that Ante Zizic is blaming his haircut on LeBron James.
Old 03-21-18, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Out tonight against Toronto...Nance,Korver,Hood,and TT.

Did I miss anyone?
Old 03-21-18, 03:26 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbulldog View Post
out tonight against toronto...nance,korver,hood,and tt.

Did i miss anyone?
Lue Lue...Bam!