Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-28-16, 04:23 PM
All Region

werns63 is on a distinguished road
2017 fall early outlook

Still a while away but always fun to talk girls HS soccer.
What teams in each division in Cincinnati will be top dog in 2017?

Did some teams lose a bunch of talent, some teams return a ton?

Who should we look out for?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-17, 10:12 PM
Junior Varsity

fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
St. Ursula returns 7 of 11 starters and had excellent talent at the JV level. No reason they shouldn't sweep the GGCL and go very deep in the tournament. Seton should also surprise some people.
Old 01-04-17, 08:38 AM
Varsity

rcrosby is on a distinguished road
Fairfield only lost 1 senior and she was hurt the entire year
JV only lost 1 game
Not many available spots for JV players to move up unless some varsity players don't return
Old 01-04-17, 09:12 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Hearing Oak Hills is in turmoil. Maybe it has never been the coaches. AD?
Old 01-04-17, 09:17 AM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Bellbrook went to regionals with only two seniors on the roster. Knocked off Tipp City, Carroll and Wyoming before being eliminated by McNicholas. JV unbeaten for past two years and gave up only two goals entire season last fall.
Old 01-04-17, 11:47 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Hearing Oak Hills is in turmoil. Maybe it has never been the coaches. AD?
Havent heard any of that. Actually, heard the opposite. New AD is well liked and from what I hear has been spectacular at Oak Hills thus far.

Unless, you talked to a parent whose little Molly didn't play much?

Not sure who returns what from any school next season, so Im not much help from the outlook question.
Old 01-17-17, 01:40 AM
Junior Varsity

soccer21stcentury is on a distinguished road
SUA has quite a few returning starters opting to play for their clubs DA academy in the fall? SW and MJ and maybe some others. All play club at KH.
Old 01-17-17, 07:13 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
so wait they already picked da teams when were tryouts my niece wanted to do it was it posted
Old 01-17-17, 07:23 AM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
McNick should be decent. Lost alot but some key contributors return and the JV squad was strong.
Old 01-17-17, 07:53 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer21stcentury View Post
SUA has quite a few returning starters opting to play for their clubs DA academy in the fall? SW and MJ and maybe some others. All play club at KH.
This doesn't surprise me. I suspect Ursula will lose their 3 top players to DA. I am also eager to see how Lakota West, East, Mason, Lebanon, the "Northern" Schools, do with the DA. Would suspect each lose a few players, especially the incoming freshman classes.
Old 01-19-17, 06:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer21stcentury View Post
No guaratees they make the DA team
Old 01-19-17, 11:05 PM
All Ohio

no chance they dont
Old 01-20-17, 07:16 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
McNick should be decent. Lost alot but some key contributors return and the JV squad was strong.
McNick should always be decent. It is D2.
Old 01-20-17, 08:30 AM
All District

sportsfanofyear is on a distinguished road
I stumbled upon this Podcast regarding the Medina High School girls soccer team. They will be a top contender next year. Only losing 1 senior from this year's team. Their problem will be getting past Walsh, again.

http://www.neosportsinsiders.com/pod...-girls-soccer/
Old 01-20-17, 08:31 AM
All Region

Alot will depend on who trys out and plays for the DA.. Some schools could take a major hit.
Old 01-20-17, 11:19 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
McNick should always be decent. It is D2.
You think they should be D1 with 250 girls probably less than 200 in a year or two?
Old 01-20-17, 02:31 PM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
You think they should be D1 with 250 girls probably less than 200 in a year or two?
Sounds me that he was dissing DII as irrelevant. McNick has a great girls soccer program. Always plays a strong disciplined game. Would challenge all and beat many D1 teams. Losing a lot of seniors it will be interesting to see how they reload.
Old 01-20-17, 04:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac57 View Post
Sounds me that he was dissing DII as irrelevant. McNick has a great girls soccer program. Always plays a strong disciplined game. Would challenge all and beat many D1 teams. Losing a lot of seniors it will be interesting to see how they reload.
LOL, thats just what he does. He's always grumpy. Also seems to have issues with McNick that predates before I even knew Yappi existed.
Old 01-20-17, 09:03 PM
All Ohio

challenge all and beat many well there you have it no wonder folks dislike us d2s so much sheesh
Old 01-20-17, 10:33 PM
All Ohio

12penguins is on a distinguished road
Oakwood could be better, but many variables exist. Included are 3 key players coming off near or season long injuries, 1 outstanding freshman starter who could opt to simply play for her club next fall, a stronger senior class than 2016's, and a year in the program for their head coach. Should not be difficult to top 5 wins (they beat only 3 teams) in the SWBL. As always, success or lack thereof probably depends on the decisions made on the sidelines and practices. I think Bellbrook is likely to be the best in that league with Monroe the top challenger.

Last edited by 12penguins; 01-21-17 at 10:30 PM..
Old 01-21-17, 12:04 AM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
challenge all and beat many well there you have it no wonder folks dislike us d2s so much sheesh
I guess truth can hurt sheesh
Old 01-21-17, 02:29 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
no chance they dont
Always a chance. CUP has a lot of talent as do surrounding area clubs. One coming off a serious knee injury and the other who could take it or leave it. Nothing is guaranteed.
Old 02-13-17, 08:53 AM
All American

Ill take a stab at what I know/see/heard...

Ursula - Has plenty of talent returning, just depends if their best players go DA or not. Talking to a parent sounds like their top 2-3 just may go DA. This will obviously hurt but, they still have enough depth to have a successful season. If everyone returns they could be back in the top 1-2, now that their old coach has left. They've always had the talent to be top 1-2 each season, but poorly coached.

Mason - Returns just about everyone from last year. Return Metzger, Alliyah and Pop. They also have a solid returning support cast. I look to see them back in the top 3, assuming they all stay and don't go DA.

Loveland - Should be back, being the top dog for 2017. They lose their all american defender, but return some viable scoring threats and other solid players. Losing Beran, Kenyon and Ernst will hurt, but they return a very very good group in: Swift, Grieshop, Harden and their GK. Preseason #1 and should be #1-#2 all year...

Oak Hills - Is losing a very good senior class and the GMC POY in Knorr. They had alot of offensive fire power this past year with seniors. They had a very good back line, and I see 3/4 of them return with some very good young players filling in throughout. Probably wont have the star power like the past 3-4 years but a very good group returning. Have an all state player in Miller and a few other all conf 2nd team players returning. Would expect to see them in the top 3-5 again.

MND - Had such a talented and well balanced team this past year. Seems like they are losing just about everyone including Prathapa, Brauning, Schuppe, Wilson, Leshnak. They still return Porter, Dean and some other very good Sophomores and Juniors. I see them taking a step back however. Would say they will be between 6-8 in the Top 10. Still a solid squad who can make a run at the GGCL title again.

Fairfield - Seems like every year they return about 90% of their squad. Had a great year last year once again, with a squad consisting of mostly freshman to Juniors. Their 2 transfers in White and Goins are difference makers. These two are a force to be reckon with. They will also get Kidd back in the back. I see them being a top 3 team this year if they figure out what works and what doesn't work early in the season. They have the talent across the board.

Other teams.. Feel free to add some insight. Just thought Id give info on last years top 5 teams.

Turpin?
West?
East?
Walnut?
Ursuline?

Last edited by cincysports4; 02-13-17 at 08:58 PM..
Old 02-14-17, 09:00 PM
Freshman

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
West could have a pretty good team with 3 National Team players coming in as Freshman if they don't go to the DA.
Old 02-14-17, 09:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesallsports View Post
West could have a pretty good team with 3 National Team players coming in as Freshman if they don't go to the DA.
National team players.. play for cup.. they are hands down going to the DA.
Old 02-15-17, 12:32 AM
Freshman

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
National team players.. play for cup.. they are hands down going to the DA.

You never know. West could have a great striker, defender and goal keeper.
Old 02-16-17, 10:15 AM
All American

This fall could be a toss up depending on who will stay and who will leave for the promise of making the National Team ?

Someone has done a huge deservice to these parents/kids by brainwashing them into Believing they will be on the National team if they play on the DA team ?

I see this lasting one season , once they figure out the DA has been all promise and no return except for a very select few , reality will set in and the majority will come back to play high school, we are not talking about Boys here we are talking about girls.

There is just something about playing for your high school that will stay with you the rest of your life, those memories will always be there.

Taking that away from these young ladies is a regretable crime and all because of a couple of self centered individual (coaches) who think it is more important to create their image than it is about the girls true future.

Greed for fame and fortune has caused this to happen and this could end up being a disaster for the girls in this region.
Old 02-16-17, 12:32 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
I don't know about all that. I presume that each organization is in competition for the best athletes and moves to create a newer/better program whenever they're on the outside looking in.

For whatever reason, there seems to be some panic in CUPland. In fairness I usually only come in contact with oo's, 01's and 02's. With that said there have been a lot of CUP girl sightings at OE Practices.

I would imagine that things will settle down. I'm assuming that if you love CUP/National league you can opt for the Preacademy (I can't remember what it's called) and still play high school. Next year's 01/02 DA team will have 3 National League slots to play with.

I'm assuming if you're a CUP girls who likes playing in the national league, you'll be able to play there next year.
Old 02-16-17, 01:23 PM
All American

Let's not tip toe around or misunderstand why these girls are playing club.

Bottom line:

Girls playing club (High School age) top team and Mom and Dad forking out good money the focus is college soccer.
Getting out in front of the college coaches is so much more important than anything else !

The fighting between clubs and who is ranked higher and who has the best record means absolutley Nothing !

Once these girls club careers are over , NO ONE CARES ANYMORE ABOUT CLUB ! it was an avenue to get to college.

Now, how is the DA going to get these girls out in front of the College coaches ?
Exactly the focus is to identify one or two special players and the rest will be on their own.

I know for a fact that the ECNL platform does the best job at getting those kids in front of those college coaches.

That is not going to change until somone finds a better way to do that.
Old 02-17-17, 11:13 AM
All District

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
http://www.socceramerica.com/article...d-why-the.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: