Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-16-16, 07:27 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Coach, the 25 players you are referring to are the 25 players that OE referenced in the response that Doug & Tim put out regarding the GDA. The 25 number is probably how many OE players have been called into NT pools or into NT camps to be evaluated to be in a pool. I'll agree that it's probably a little misleading but it is more than likely an accurate number. It's also a number that is probably representative of the entire time that OE has been in existence and not since it's been in the ECNL. If you were to consider the ECNL as a whole that number would be much higher.

Twenty-five players called into NT pools or evaluations is probably a lot more than any other club in the Cincinnati area but CUP has been getting a fair number of younger players called up lately. The club, and Bobby in particular, does a great job with the young ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioElite View Post
We have done so more aggressively and on the leading edge than any club in our community. We have also been the risk takers while others sat idle. This effort has resulted in hundreds of players moving on to the college ranks. This philosophy has also resulted in 25 players being called into US National Teams from U14 to the Full Women’s National Team.
Thanks Roh but the numbers don't seem to match up with their website.

AcademyInfo/ClubHistory/index_E.html

US Youth National Team Players
Tara Campbell - U20 US National Team
Arin Gilliland - U18 | U20 US National Team
Maddie Huster - U15 US National Team
Tori Huster - U23 US National Team
Jaimel Johnson - U20 US National Team
Samantha Leshnak - U14 US National Team
Alyssa Rich - U14 | U17 | U20 US National Team
Felecia Schroeder - US Deaf National Team | Deaf Olympics Gold Medalist | Deaf Olympics Golden Boot
Allie Vernon - U17 | U18 | U20 US National Team
Jill Vetere - U14 US National Team

Last edited by coachg; 07-16-16 at 07:38 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-16, 07:04 AM
All World

Crickets.......
Old 07-20-16, 03:00 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
The list is incomplete
I can think of several off top of my head.
Mary Alice Vignola , Courtney Jones, Olivia Silverman.
I am sure there are more like the Raven kid plays for Summit ?

maybe they should update the website or maybe they are more about developing players instead of boasting about them Like some other local clubs.

Old 07-24-16, 03:39 PM
All World

Or maybe they were wrong in their numbers? If I was going to issue a statement I would make sure that site was updated with accurate information or that I used accurate info I my statement considering that would be the first place people would like to verify.

As for Bucktooths last comment about worrying about developing players than boasting. I find it funny because I see nothing wrong with publishing your player's successes that are in your club but then maybe they don't want to reward the success of players but instead want to write statements about the DA. I guess some clubs care more about their players than making statements about a new league.
Old 08-05-16, 10:28 AM
All American

Something I was just made aware of by an AD at a private High school.

The majority of the really talented kids go to private or catholic schools.

what happens when little Mia tells the school she is no longer doing any sports at that school.

What happens when the school tells her parents if your not playing any sports no more scholarship, you can now pay the full tuition.

You will lose that scholarship from the school that is a fact folks.

Something to think about ?
Old 08-05-16, 10:50 AM
All American

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
My daughter is one of those (talented) girls going to a Catholic school. We receive no "scholarship money" pay full price. (its a sacrifice) No one at our Catholic school does. The school doesn't accept vouchers either nor is there "endowment money" Now Summit, CCD (Private) may play by different rules. I've heard rumblings but I don't know for sure.

Last edited by Irwin20; 08-05-16 at 11:13 AM..
Old 08-05-16, 11:28 AM
All World

I don't believe HS can offer athletic scholarships in Ohio. Not 100% sure but I dont believe that is allowed.
Old 08-05-16, 11:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
I don't believe HS can offer athletic scholarships in Ohio. Not 100% sure but I dont believe that is allowed.
If its being done they are probably calling them academic or need grants.
Old 08-05-16, 12:07 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
If its being done they are probably calling them academic or need grants.
If that's true then it would be hard to take the academic or grant from them if they don't play a sport. I would think it may get nasty legally if a school was to do that.
Old 08-05-16, 12:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
If that's true then it would be hard to take the academic or grant from them if they don't play a sport. I would think it may get nasty legally if a school was to do that.
Exactly. Like to know what AD he talked to.
Old 08-05-16, 01:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Exactly. Like to know what AD he talked to.
BuckToothedOne tends to shoot his / her mouth off before they think. They are ASSumption jumping on everything without doing much fact checking because they enjoy ASSuming.
Old 08-08-16, 09:25 AM
All District

Ruger is on a distinguished road
In this case Bucky is correct.

Call it what you want , Scholarship, Grant, Loan, Financial need, Some other clever name.
Students are getting discounts for playing sports.

Yes it is a sacrifice to pay the full tution, But you probably never asked if there was something they could help you with..

Back a few years ago I was asked by a coach to bring my daughter to a
Catholic high school and the majority of the fees would be taken care of if she played there.

She decided to stay where her friends were, so we didn't move.
But there are ways to get that financial help.
Old 08-08-16, 09:29 AM
All District

Ruger is on a distinguished road
Do you really think the Football players at Moeller and ST.X pay full price especially the good ones, C'mon ?
Old 08-08-16, 10:12 AM
Junior Varsity

SoccerinCincy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger View Post

Call it what you want , Scholarship, Grant, Loan, Financial need, Some other clever name.

Yes it is a sacrifice to pay the full tution, But you probably never asked if there was something they could help you with..

Catholic high school and the majority of the fees would be taken care of if she played there.

What School?
Old 08-08-16, 10:16 AM
Junior Varsity

SoccerinCincy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Something I was just made aware of by an AD at a private High school.

The majority of the really talented kids go to private or catholic schools.

what happens when little Mia tells the school she is no longer doing any sports at that school.

What happens when the school tells her parents if your not playing any sports no more scholarship, you can now pay the full tuition.

You will lose that scholarship from the school that is a fact folks.

Something to think about ?
Which AD, What school?
Old 08-08-16, 10:16 AM
All American

Quote:

Of course we asked. You can get Full Tuition with an Exceptional score on the Entrance exam (maybe 3-4 a year, sports have nothing to do with it) you can qualify for assistance after submitting income info. to FACTS, an independent organization. We qualified for minimal assistance when we had more than one student attending, we qualify for nothing this year. I don't know what coach asked you or what school but thats not happening at our school. I'm doubtful its happening at any Catholic school (especially for girls sports) If it is happening its against the rules and should be reported. My daughter is one of the top players in SW Ohio (you've heard of her if you pay attention) we get NO assistance. Believe me we could use it.
Old 08-08-16, 10:20 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerinCincy View Post
Which AD, What school?
Exactly. I call BS. No one ever wants to name schools or names. They just throw it out there. I've been doing this for going on my 8th year, never saw anyone give any concrete evidence.
Old 08-08-16, 01:10 PM
Varsity

LeroyGomez is on a distinguished road
Bucky and Ruger are 100% correct on this. There's no advantage for me to list the specific small D3 "country" schools...but it 100% happens. Call it what you want, but very few female athletes are getting a significant portion or all of their high school tuition paid for because they are athletes.
Old 08-08-16, 01:28 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyGomez View Post
Bucky and Ruger are 100% correct on this. There's no advantage for me to list the specific small D3 "country" schools...but it 100% happens. Call it what you want, but very few female athletes are getting a significant portion or all of their high school tuition paid for because they are athletes.
Ok, I've heard this. These are not Diocesan schools or in the case of CCD not even Catholic. What they are doing is wrong (IMO) but this isn't the GCL/GCL-Coed. I'm guessing some ultra rich alumni are probably footing the bill. Bucky insinuated it was all Private/Catholics and its most definitely is not.
Old 08-08-16, 08:17 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
what about the Lancers in football about 10 years ago not sure about today
Old 08-19-16, 07:49 AM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Saw, that. Interesting that Ohio only gets one club. Cal and Tex seem over represented.

For a cub like Indiana fire who imports kids from all over the state of Indiana, I wonder if it will water down the talent on their ECNL club.
Old 08-19-16, 03:04 PM
All Ohio

mhswarriors83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So a coach recruited........I mean asked to bring your daughter to play for him?
I didn't think private schools recruited?
Old 08-23-16, 08:09 AM
All American

Interesting to say the least

Everyone thought this NEW DA would have a huge effect on the ECNL?
At this point I guess NOT.

Everyone is quick to post ECNL clubs also joining the DA program around the country.

SO the ECNL Clubs are now gobbling up the DA teams ?

Which means these same dominate ECNL clubs will now add and retain all the best players , Smart move.

Someone brought up a very interesting point.

What happens to the CUP & KHA Teams when they lose a couple top players from the current top teams ? Then What ? those teams will be hurt bad and will no longer be able to compete at the National League level like they have in the past ?

Those players wanting to play high school, but also want a stronger team will be looking at OE and the ECNL , this might have been even a smarter move by OE ?

Funny how things work.
Old 08-23-16, 10:22 AM
Freshman

Alex01 is on a distinguished road
Old 08-23-16, 10:38 AM
All World

Quote:
Interesting to say the least

Everyone thought this NEW DA would have a huge effect on the ECNL?
At this point I guess NOT.

Everyone is quick to post ECNL clubs also joining the DA program around the country.

SO the ECNL Clubs are now gobbling up the DA teams ?

Which means these same dominate ECNL clubs will now add and retain all the best players , Smart move.

Someone brought up a very interesting point.

What happens to the CUP & KHA Teams when they lose a couple top players from the current top teams ? Then What ? those teams will be hurt bad and will no longer be able to compete at the National League level like they have in the past ?

Those players wanting to play high school, but also want a stronger team will be looking at OE and the ECNL , this might have been even a smarter move by OE ?

Funny how things work.
LOL LOL Has anyone else noticed that BuckTooThedOne has gone from saying that non-ECNL top players and teams can compete with the ECNL teams because they are too slow but now seems to say that they can do so and actually seems to be saying that these "top" players will be great additions to an ECNL team? So if they are coming over as you say what happens to the currently ECNL players that get bumped off the ECNL teams? You cant have it both ways Bucky..
Old 08-23-16, 11:28 AM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
It will be interesting to see how this evolves. The ECNL has been adding some pretty strong clubs in the wake of the creation of the DA.

I don't think it's a given that the DA will decimate the ECNL. The ECNL seems shrewd enough to have created a format that markets to colleges very well. I still think that's the most important thing to elite female players as opposed to male athletes who have more professional opportunities. I think if the ECNL adjusts its model effectively it may not lose much market share of the elite players. Coachg I know a few elite girls who chose ECNL because they just didn't want to play for CUP (Gold). I guess it's the disadvantage of being the evil empire to the rest of us at U11-U13.
Old 08-24-16, 07:27 AM
All American

ECNL teams simply play faster. The league plays faster (think about that one). Kids make decisions faster. Prepares them for the next level. Overall the teams/leagues in the ECNL will continue to be stronger than anything the DA puts out. Game Over.
Old 08-24-16, 08:00 AM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
ECNL teams simply play faster. The league plays faster (think about that one). Kids make decisions faster. Prepares them for the next level. Overall the teams/leagues in the ECNL will continue to be stronger than anything the DA puts out. Game Over.
So that league is faster than a league that hasnt even played a single game yet? How does that work exactly? Man, you are definitely up there as one of the top blow hards on yappi that constantly is spouting bombastic things all day long but never actually says anything.
Old 08-24-16, 09:12 AM
All District

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Leagues are overrated and driving any player who has a family income of less than $75,000 completely out of the sport. It is simply not realistic to pay 2-5K per year to play a sport for most of the pool even if it is only age 14-18.
Old 08-24-16, 10:25 AM
All Region

Upper 90 is on a distinguished road
Not a bad business plan eh? Price it so that only those with means can afford it knowing that as you incrementally jack it up they won't care as much as someone on a tight budget. Keep dangling new leagues, more, better, faster as the carrot. But the train is out of the station and is not coming back. But I will say there is some pushback, lots of new clubs springing up. Butler Fury, Lakota FC, Mason FC, Sycamore Premier, Tempest FC, etc. Are these in protest of the ridiculous fees and layers of managers at a soccer club? Probably somewhat. But these clubs form then start doing the same thing, director of this, director of that, then the fee is suddenly 500/season vs the 200 when they started out. Oh yeah, that is just the club fee, need to pay the team fee, blah blah blah. C.R.E.A.M

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: