Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-30-16, 04:04 PM
All Region

Soccermadness is on a distinguished road
US Soccer unveils first girls DA clubs

One club on the list
Cincinnati Development Academy (Kings Hammer/CUP) (Cincinnati, Ohio)

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...clubs_aid39396
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-16, 04:47 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Well thats interesting. Never heard a peep about this.
Old 06-30-16, 05:11 PM
Varsity

soccer21stcentury is on a distinguished road
The landscape of girls High School soccer is about to change!
Old 06-30-16, 06:01 PM
All District

Nelym is on a distinguished road
Never saw this coming. This is Great news for all the girls in the area. This should shake things up a bit. I love it! Let all the drama begin........ This should be fun.

http://cincinnatiunitedsoccer.com/

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016...y?sf30035051=1
Old 06-30-16, 09:23 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
Let the OE poaching begin.
They could have been part of this.
Maybe OE will see if CUP will let them merge with them.
Old 06-30-16, 09:48 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
Maybe OE will see if CUP will let them merge with them.
Maybe Trump will name Bernie as VP (better chance)
Old 06-30-16, 10:52 PM
Varsity

pricesoccer17 is on a distinguished road
Does this mean these kids cannot play high school?
Old 07-01-16, 08:05 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
price good question before clubs were bad if they encouraged kids to miss hs ball not sure how it will be viewed now i am guessin it might be viewed different now
Old 07-01-16, 08:21 AM
Varsity

LeroyGomez is on a distinguished road
Congrats to US Soccer for ruining the best thing they had going, a farm system that was working almost perfectly...the ECNL. While the ECNL isn't going away, it will take a hit. The question is, how big of a hit? How many girls from 12-18 will commit to 10 months a year, 4 days a week, and no other sports? The handful of local kids that actually make the National team is the only kids this is good for. How quickly people forget about the importance of playing HS Soccer for their school / community...along with playing multiple sports. Treating girls as if they are boys is just idiotic from a training standpoint. Now on top of all this, lets see if Bobby, Tiffany, and all the other powers that be can play nice in the sandbox. Can they make a merger actually work? OE may wind up being the big winner in all of this mess.
Old 07-01-16, 09:01 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Cincinnati United and KHA. I think this will be great for the players and will offer a better structure for all the players in the area.
Old 07-01-16, 09:13 AM
All Region

Upper 90 is on a distinguished road
I can't believe you think this will be a better structure, take a look at the pyramid scheme of the Crew DA. Amway anyone?
Old 07-01-16, 09:23 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper 90 View Post
I can't believe you think this will be a better structure, take a look at the pyramid scheme of the Crew DA. Amway anyone?
It must be better than the current ECNL system and is made obvious by how many Clubs in this new DA are pulling their top teams out of the ECNL. They cant all be wrong and who knows how many others wanted to be in but were not picked for whatever reason. Is it perfect no is the ECNL perfect no but I think US Soccer will do a better job in improving the system than what the ECNL has done. Can all those ECNL clubs that were selected be wrong? Maybe the clubs from the ECNL didn't feel like the ECNL was moving in the right direction and wasn't making the improvements they thought should have been happening. None of that matter now though the DA is here and we all have to live with it and trust the leaders will continue to improve it. I am glad they picked the 2 best clubs in our area.

A side note- I think this summer just got a lot more interesting.
Old 07-01-16, 09:25 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
Let the OE poaching begin.
They could have been part of this.
I don't think any Poaching will be needed. I believe mass exodus to the DA will happen voluntarily. I don't think we will see the true effects of the exodus until after next spring.
Old 07-01-16, 09:26 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccermadness View Post
Maybe Trump will name Bernie as VP (better chance)
now that's funny..
Old 07-01-16, 10:34 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
I don't think any Poaching will be needed. I believe mass exodus to the DA will happen voluntarily. I don't think we will see the true effects of the exodus until after next spring.
i think more importantly the top talent at CUP/KHA will stay at those clubs. CUP girls side is doing very.
Old 07-01-16, 10:38 AM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
So only 3 different age groups. 4 nighst a week practice, kids can't play multiple sports, can't play any type soccer with anyone other than their DA coach (Futsal,3v3, High school) and most improtantly the system has destroyed mens soccer. The vast majority of college coaches want multi-sport athletes who spend time with their school, and extra time doing social philanthropic things.

Intriguing. Not but very interseting.

I would wager the biggest hits will be Hammer Red and CUP Gold. Perhaps, and it's a long shot some deserving unerprivledged kids from no or less expensive/competetive non travel type teams will get a shot (wasn't that the point in the first place...) and perhaps some Indiana/WV/Kentucky/Northern Ohio kids will try.

I do hope it's better than it's currently destined to be, but my expectations are not high. 80-90% of current National team playes have come from the ECNL for a reason. Skill and level of competition.
Old 07-01-16, 11:20 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure class View Post
Coach g you are obviously, being employed by CUP, partial to the outcome. Mass exodus to the DA? I dont think so. You will be asking kids to give up high school soccer, potentially drive a ton for practice, and it will really only apply to a very small percentage of the players in each age.
Actually, since I am not a part of the CUP program nor KHA this doesn't affect me. I have always been Pro- Cincinnati Untied as a club.

Quote:
Logistically it is going to be tough in the Cincinnati market because we are spread out.

More spread out than who? California, Texas? Please say more.

Quote:
The ECNL seems to be working fine.
Really why did the new DA Clubs from the ECNL decide to pull their top teams out of the ECNL then? Then you point out some issues in the ECNL?

Quote:
The ECNL should accept more teams, it should be the flagship league and their should be a relagation and promotion system from leagues of the regional premier league caliber to and from the ECNL.

Quote:
USYS lost to the ECNL because they have events like regionals that require for some 6 nights in a hotel, and then to turn around and ask them to travel again for nationals? Next year Region 2 is in the middle of freaking no where. It is just too expensive
But yet teams go willing every year and have a great time.. I guess maybe that travel equals all the travel many ECNL teams do.
Old 07-01-16, 11:24 AM
All Region

Coach G, who pulled out of the ECNL? I know Real, Rush, Surf and the Hawks are staying and doing both.

Sounds like you know more than I do.
Old 07-01-16, 11:29 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
So only 3 different age groups. 4 nighst a week practice, kids can't play multiple sports, can't play any type soccer with anyone other than their DA coach (Futsal,3v3, High school) and most improtantly the system has destroyed mens soccer. The vast majority of college coaches want multi-sport athletes who spend time with their school, and extra time doing social philanthropic things.

Intriguing. Not but very interseting.

I would wager the biggest hits will be Hammer Red and CUP Gold. Perhaps, and it's a long shot some deserving unerprivledged kids from no or less expensive/competetive non travel type teams will get a shot (wasn't that the point in the first place...) and perhaps some Indiana/WV/Kentucky/Northern Ohio kids will try.

I do hope it's better than it's currently destined to be, but my expectations are not high. 80-90% of current National team playes have come from the ECNL for a reason. Skill and level of competition.
Clubs that have decided to join the DA have produced 307 players for U.S. Soccer’s national teams (youth and senior) as well as 84 professional soccer players. CUP has players playing at those levels also. I am not sure about KHA but I am sure they have players that are doing great things. I just don't know KHA as well. How many players from our local ECNL have played or been called up the USWNT?

I bet the DA relaxes the rule about HS soccer. Not sure why an ECNL supporter would care since most including the local ECNL club and many ECNL Clubs strongly supports that their top players don't play HS. As for training 4 nights a week that can be chalk board work, recovery workout, fitness and not always on a field going all out.
Old 07-01-16, 11:30 AM
All World

Quote:
Coach G, who pulled out of the ECNL? I know Real, Rush, Surf and the Hawks are staying and doing both.

Sounds like you know more than I do.
Their top teams cant do both.. That is not allowed so their 2nd 3rd 4th teams will remain in the ECNL. Their top teams are out.
Old 07-01-16, 11:36 AM
All Region

4 nights a week doesn't really bother me. The high school thing does, but most important is the no other sports. That's just not good for kids in my opinion. The bulk of talented national players played multiple sports, it's good for their overall development and reduces injury.

There are and have been plenty of ECNL girls at OE and OP (the only two I can speak to with knwowledge) that play high school ball, and were supported in doing so.

US Soccer has been chock full of bad decisions. This just looks to be another one.
Old 07-01-16, 11:38 AM
All Region

Quote:
Their top teams cant do both.. That is not allowed so their 2nd 3rd 4th teams will remain in the ECNL. Their top teams are out.
That is eluding that they are planning on taking just their current top players and making them the DA? That's not the case or the intent on the DA. As far as I understand it. and who has more than 1 team of age in the ECNL? "2nd, 3rd, 4th teams will remain in the ECNL" Come on man...
Old 07-01-16, 11:42 AM
All Region

And who says the top players will be on the DA? with the limitations in place there will be plenty of top level players on the as you say "2nd" team because suzie soccer player is a great track star, or basketball player, softball player, swimmer etc..."

Seriously that's a rediculas statement.
Old 07-01-16, 12:34 PM
All World

Quote:
everyone here knows you are a cup coach...and your access to the statistics etc in support of this only offer further proof of that you are pretty tied into the CUP organization. This is one of the names you use on here - but you have others.

Could this potentially be a good thing - yes, but when has US soccer ever executed anything well, not since I can remember. US Club is no better. They care about prestige money and numbers, not about developing the kids.
As I said I am not a CUP coach. LOL I love when people say they know who I am like its a threat or something all while hiding behind their keyboards and screen names saying things they would never say to my face. Unlike when I had issues with DB I called him directly we resolved one issue when he apologized for one and we agreed to disagree on another but NO one has ever approached me face to face about anything I have said on here. I continue to enjoy coaching, refereeing, and yes still playing from time to time.

As for my statics they can all be found here on a public website page "TOP DRAWER" the link is listed below.

I only have one account on this site, unlike others on here including I bet you do.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...clubs_aid39396
Old 07-01-16, 12:42 PM
All World

Quote:
That is eluding that they are planning on taking just their current top players and making them the DA? That's not the case or the intent on the DA. As far as I understand it. and who has more than 1 team of age in the ECNL? "2nd, 3rd, 4th teams will remain in the ECNL" Come on man...
As you said "I must know more than you". You're correct. So instead of arguing with you about it I will just let you be proven wrong as the DA Clubs pull their TOP players out of ECNL play. Maybe Jill Ellis's (you do know who she is right?) quote below will help you see the light that the DA is for the Elite Players, but then again your view seems to be dim.

"We all know how important it is to create the correct environment and expectations for elite player development, something that was highlighted for me during my time as Development Director for our youth Women’s National Teams,” said U.S. Women’s National Team head coach Jill Ellis. “The Development Academy is an important step forward to continue the growth of the women’s game in the United States, and to create the best pathway for players to reach their full potential.”

Last edited by coachg; 07-01-16 at 12:53 PM..
Old 07-01-16, 03:20 PM
All Region

As a paid employee of US Soccer. Saying anything that is non supportive is unlikely.

It would be sad day if a DA club is demanding that their top players all join the DA, quit every other sport, and abandon their school because Jill Ellis said she thinks the DA is a step forward. Plus again that's eluding to the club simply moving their best kids over from the ECNL to the still wildly unproven DA and not bringing in other players who have interest in being one dimensional athletes. I'm sure their are a number of talented kids willing to do it but I don't see it being the majority.

They said the mens DA was an important step forward. How's that worked out? I know I'm dim and all but I can see that pretty clearly.

I go back to my earlier question, what clubs pulled out of the ECNL because the DA is better.
Old 07-01-16, 03:34 PM
All World

Quote:
As a paid employee of US Soccer. Saying anything that is non supportive is unlikely.

It would be sad day if a DA club is demanding that their top players all join the DA, quit every other sport, and abandon their school because Jill Ellis said she thinks the DA is a step forward. Plus again that's eluding to the club simply moving their best kids over from the ECNL to the still wildly unproven DA and not bringing in other players who have interest in being one dimensional athletes. I'm sure their are a number of talented kids willing to do it but I don't see it being the majority.

They said the mens DA was an important step forward. How's that worked out? I know I'm dim and all but I can see that pretty clearly.

I go back to my earlier question, what clubs pulled out of the ECNL because the DA is better.
Many ECNL teams already demand their players not play another sport. Do some research. OE has a reputation of strongly suggesting their top teams players dont play HS despite saying otherwise publically. I believe that US Soccer will be looking at the HS and other sport issue as they move forward.
Old 07-01-16, 04:00 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
wasnt aware of any hs kids from any club not playing hs who you mean
Old 07-01-16, 04:55 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Many ECNL teams already demand their players not play another sport. Do some research. OE has a reputation of strongly suggesting their top teams players dont play HS despite saying otherwise publically. I believe that US Soccer will be looking at the HS and other sport issue as they move forward.
Coachg,
That's simply not true. My daughter played fall club with OE 4-5 years ago and that was not the case with the OE players that did play. Many weren't from the top team either. Did that happen to a few players over the years … maybe … maybe not exactly as you heard. I can imagine being suggested to a player that had a crappy high school team/coach that was on the borderline of moving up or down, now that would at least be plausible. P.S. I am not an OE supporter, quite the oppose. I am in the camp that he is a D-bag.
Old 07-01-16, 05:32 PM
Varsity

Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=soccer21stcentury;6488691]The landscape of girls High School soccer is about to change![/QUOTE

This will not effect high school soccer that much. You will have to be an elite type player for this type of soccer and it will fade away IMO much as it has on the men's side. Club soccer is and always will be a money grab for these elite clubs and once the price tag is shown parents will shy away. I think at first it will look intriguing enough but once the see the light they will stay away and play high school soccer. High school soccer has its place for the kids and communities and it's not a cash grab like club soccer and it's sad club soccer is going this route. My kid will get to finish out her high school season this fall and have great memories for a lifetime playing with friends and into college playing as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: