Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-12, 02:26 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
so if there was still a pro league for girls and wolf went on to play it would be erroneous to say she developed at ohio state? not pickin on anyone her and hall are the only two ive seen play. splitin hairs here i think but back to the point good job girls no matter who developed you. commence bashin.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-12, 02:28 PM
All Region

Elk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Just to clarify....my agreement with the statement was not to the point about OE specifically, more the point about U8-U14 being the most formative years. I don't doubt that OE has developed some players through those years. It's just always bugged me a bit that people forget that development is a long term thing and that the "destination clubs" often claim too much of the credit.
Old 09-11-12, 02:37 PM
All Ohio

Popps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just to clarify....my agreement with the statement was not to the point about OE specifically, more the point about U8-U14 being the most formative years. I don't doubt that OE has developed some players through those years. It's just always bugged me a bit that people forget that development is a long term thing and that the "destination clubs" often claim too much of the credit.
Are you feeling sorry for yourself that Claire didn't mention you in her Bio?
Old 09-11-12, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

Popps is on a distinguished road
Women's Professional Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
so if there was still a pro league for girls and wolf went on to play it would be erroneous to say she developed at ohio state? not pickin on anyone her and hall are the only two ive seen play. splitin hairs here i think but back to the point good job girls no matter who developed you. commence bashin.
Citrus there still is/was a Womens professional league in 2012.

http://www.wpsl.info/news/index.php?league=2

And another new league is forming in 2013.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blog...dal-match.html
Old 09-11-12, 02:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Are you feeling sorry for yourself that Claire didn't mention you in her Bio?
Ha! No..not at all. Just making a point. I know there may be club directors, etc. that post here, which I think you may be implying, but not me.....just a parent.
Old 09-11-12, 02:55 PM
All District

socdad is on a distinguished road
I know it is very early for RPI to mean much but fun to look at …
NCAA DI RPI as of 9/11 (from cp Thomas)
https://sites.google.com/site/rpifor...er/rpi-reports
or
https://www.nc-soccer.com/wsoccer/2012/?game&recs
Some ‘local’ teams …
Unadjusted
RPI
Rank
218 Xavier - A Ten / 3-4-0
116 Dayton - A Ten / 5-3-0
304 NKU - A Sun / 2-4-0
192 Cincinnati - Big East / 3-3-1
35 Louisville - Big East / 5-1-0
106 IU - Big Ten / 4-2-1
41 Ohio State - Big Ten / 5-2-0
300 Cleveland State – Horizon / 2-5-0
100 Wright State – Horizon / 2-1-3
244 Youngstown State – Horizon / 4-1-0
144 Akron - MAC / 4-2-0
227 Ball State – MAC / 3-2-2
276 Bowling Green – MAC / 1-5-0
63 Central Michigan – MAC / 4-2-1
214 Eastern Michigan – MAC / 3-3-1
134 Kent State – MAC / 4-0-1
93 Miami OH – MAC / 5-1-0
166 Ohio U - MAC / 4-3-0
240 Toledo - MAC / 2-5-0
219 EKU - Ohio Valley / 3-3-1
259 Morehead - Ohio Valley / 0-5-1
30 UK – SEC / 5-1-0
275 IPFW – Summit / 2-3-0
291 IUPUI – Summit / 1-7-0
177 Western Kentucky / 4-3-0
Not local but …
87 Campbell - Big South / 3-1-1
Old 09-11-12, 03:18 PM
All Ohio

Juan Pelota is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ha! No..not at all. Just making a point. I know there may be club directors, etc. that post here, which I think you may be implying, but not me.....just a parent.
Popps may have mistakenly thought he was replying to SmallFish. Pretty sure that smallfish IS a director at a big local club.

Funny that smallfish's reply to Rushfan is knocking the club that rushfan's daughter played for AFTER she was 15. I wonder how rushfan feels about his daughter's development and if he really feels that said club, in smallfish's words, "collected" her. I understand, Elk, what you previously said about player's getting developed when 14 and under but you shouldn't think that development magically stops once a player is 15. Plenty of players are "polished" or "fine tuned" beyond 15 and a change in clubs may be what they need to take them from being a good player to being a really good player. Development is a collection of all experiences. DOC smallfish would like us to believe that a player should, in all instances, stay at his club even if they become stagnant.
Old 09-11-12, 03:22 PM
Junior Varsity

Rob McCullough is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
coachg - Seriously dude, you need to make up your mind. By agreeing with the statement above, are saying that there is no development during the HS years? That you haven't developed any of the girls that have played for you over the past several years?
The question is a simple one, does development occur from U15 and on? It's a yes or no question so you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.
Old 09-11-12, 03:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pelota View Post
you shouldn't think that development magically stops once a player is 15. Plenty of players are "polished" or "fine tuned" beyond 15....
Good point. Hopefully even players on the National teams are still developing.
Old 09-12-12, 04:45 AM
Junior Varsity

RushFan333 is on a distinguished road
Should have known...

... That people would turn my post into their own agendas. I simply meant to give some props to these kids on a thread that has been doing that for other kids.

FWIW, my daughter WAS one of those kids "developed" at another club (with its cown current thread) that club was instrumental to her development. But she has said numerous times "I wouldn't be at Purdue if it wasn't for Tim and OE".

I am sure some idiots will now turn this into an OE bashing session. Go ahead.

Can we at least just give the players credit?
Old 09-12-12, 07:30 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob McCullough View Post
coachg - Seriously dude, you need to make up your mind. By agreeing with the statement above, are saying that there is no development during the HS years? That you haven't developed any of the girls that have played for you over the past several years?
The question is a simple one, does development occur from U15 and on? It's a yes or no question so you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.
Or it means that clubs that have players join them at about U15 and only stick around long enough to be seen by colleges should not be touting that they developed these players when in reality most of the development was done else where. I did not say that players do not develop in their high school years you are making a huge leap to come to that conclussion from my ...
Old 09-12-12, 07:34 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushFan333 View Post
... That people would turn my post into their own agendas. I simply meant to give some props to these kids on a thread that has been doing that for other kids.

FWIW, my daughter WAS one of those kids "developed" at another club (with its cown current thread) that club was instrumental to her development. But she has said numerous times "I wouldn't be at Purdue if it wasn't for Tim and OE".

I agree lets give the players credit.... Instead of saying TIm and OE did it why not let her know SHE DID IT... She worked hard, she made grades (does OE offer help with that), and she made the PurWHO (sorry not fan) team. I am sure many many other clubs have the contacts at DI schools and could have helped but to say Tim is the reason I dissagree.... SHE DID IT!! So give her some credit...
Old 09-12-12, 07:57 AM
All American

cincyeaglefan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I'd buy that logic. That in the younger ages you get the skill work and ball development. At the older ages you get the "soccer IQ" that transitions you into college ball. All part of the overall development. But the effort is still on the player to make.
Old 09-12-12, 08:04 AM
All Region

bngl44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OE Alumni from last year's U18 team are making immediate impact at the college level, including players playing in some big time conferences:

Olivia Jester - Starting in MF and playing 90 in most games for UK
Kim Love- Starting CB for Purdue, named as Big Ten Freshman of the week last week
Emma Lancaster- Starting in MF for Purdue, (3 Assists through 7 games, incl 2 Game Winning Assists)
Abbey Weber - Starting CB for Duquesne
Marisa Wolf- Playing Significant Minutes for Ohio State (1 goal, 1 assist - game winner vs Missouri)
Nikki Hall - Starting in Goal for Western Kentucky
Claire Falknor - Playing significant minutes for Florida (1 goal)
Lana Bonekemper - Playing significant minutes for very good Iowa team
Taylor Walton - Playing significant minutes for Winthrop

Alot to be proud of for these players.
Congratluations to the OE alumni for the great start in college. It is very rewarding to know these OE alums and the CUP, Classics, CSA, and other clubs all have 2012s doing well in college.

I enjoy following all of them. Keep up the good work!!
Old 09-12-12, 08:09 AM
All District

notsoyappy is on a distinguished road
As parents, we all make the best decisions we can with the information (and $$) at hand. Sounds like everyone’s chosen path, talent and hard work is paying off.

So !GREAT! for these girls!
I’ve been paying attention and am thrilled they’re all pursuing their dreams. Congratulations, ladies (and parents). You are entitled to the bragging rights. While the players deserve most of the credit, if you want to give credit to the club that helped them get seen or continued with their development, I say….have at it! You’ve earned it, you’ve paid your dues and you're reaping the rewards.

While we're at it, kudos to Sydney Lovelace (CSA/CUP-Franklin HS) has started every game for Indiana State Sycamores and Lauren Rose (CSA/TFA-Walnut Hills) has been doing great stuff for U.C..

A very strong class of soccer talent just graduated out of the SW and I’m proud my daughter has played with or against them all most of her soccer career.
Rushfan333, I look forward to when our girls meet again on the pitch.
Old 09-12-12, 10:23 AM
Varsity

spurs1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallFish View Post
That's great but I see at least four players I know of that were not developed by OE, ie. they did not play there until U15 or later. Creating an infrastructure to showcase the players to college coaches is one thing, but developing them from U8-U14 (their formative years) is a whole other thing. Collecting players is not the same as developing them.
I don't know these players, but do know a fair amount about the game. I started coaching in 87 and have coached high school and club both here in the Midwest and SoCal since.

I have never seen a fully developed player at 15. In fact I would argue that most women never fully develop as soccer players even by 22 or 23 when they are finished with college. And I have known a few players that have taken up the game after the age of 15 that have a great understanding of how to play as well as good technical skill. I am still learning new stuff from coaching and playing and I'm over 50.

Last edited by spurs1960; 09-12-12 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 09-12-12, 11:05 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Or it means that clubs that have players join them at about U15 and only stick around long enough to be seen by colleges should not be touting that they developed these players when in reality most of the development was done else where. I did not say that players do not develop in their high school years you are making a huge leap to come to that conclussion from my ...
Conclusions? I'm just asking questions trying to figure out where you're coming from. The girls that play at this level are students of the game. To say, or suggest, they stop developing at U14 is like saying they stop learning in the classroom after completing the 8th grade. I think Spurs hit it right on the head....there is a big difference between being able to play the game and knowing how to play the game.
Old 09-12-12, 12:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob McCullough View Post
Conclusions? I'm just asking questions trying to figure out where you're coming from. The girls that play at this level are students of the game. To say, or suggest, they stop developing at U14 is like saying they stop learning in the classroom after completing the 8th grade. I think Spurs hit it right on the head....there is a big difference between being able to play the game and knowing how to play the game.
Where did I say they didnt develop past that age? I agree with you in most part, BUT here is my issue.. I watch and listen to parents and posters on here say OE developed and produced X number of college D1 players so that must be the place to go for development when in reality many players spent years at other clubs and moved to OE sometime after U14 many for just a season or two... So how can anyone say that OE developed them without also saying the other clubs responsiable for helping them?? I agree that OE is a distination club used by many towards the end of their youth carreer to be seen by colleges. Though many kids have been "discovered" while playing for other clubs too but to say OE developed them after only be there a year or so and knowing they spent 5-8 years at another club is silly.
Old 09-12-12, 12:52 PM
All Ohio

the original poster never said they were developed by oe he said congrats to oe u18 alumni. some other person said they werent developed by oe. its too darn silly to make this about club.
Old 09-12-12, 01:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
the original poster never said they were developed by oe he said congrats to oe u18 alumni. some other person said they werent developed by oe. its too darn silly to make this about club.
you're right.....doc fishbreath, sorry, I meant smallfish, is the one that made it about club.

smallfish is an appropriate name for him, by the way.
Old 09-12-12, 01:13 PM
All Region

LetKidsPlay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Citrus: Agreed. Many soccer professionals have influenced many of these young ladies. They do have many to thank. And YES, OE should take credit for helping finish the pre-college development of these young athletes.

However, the big thing that I liked about what G said is that these ladies need to thank themselves. A common thread through out all those players who move on to play at high levels (besides natural athleticism) is a will to do the extras to be better. Extra training, watching soccer videos on You Tube, watching soccer on TV, going to College ID camps, sending letters to college coaches. This comes from within. You coaches out there know that what the player does away from the practice and game fields is very important.

Kudos to all that have developed these players.

Special kudos to these players themselves for pushing themselves to do the extras to achieve their goals.
Old 09-12-12, 01:21 PM
All Ohio

i gotcha on that one i agree like the first guy said kudos to the players
Old 09-12-12, 10:44 PM
Freshman

SmallFish is on a distinguished road
Quote:
you're right.....doc fishbreath, sorry, I meant smallfish, is the one that made it about club.

smallfish is an appropriate name for him, by the way.
Here goes the funny guy making jokes again! Don't give up your day job mate! I am not a DOC but I am on staff at a small, local club and know many of the DOCs in the city, in fact, several are friends. The point is not to bash OE at all, but simply to point out that these girls (at least the ones I referred to) are alumni of more than just OE. Development is a continuum.
Old 09-13-12, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallFish View Post
Here goes the funny guy making jokes again! Don't give up your day job mate! I am not a DOC but I am on staff at a small, local club and know many of the DOCs in the city, in fact, several are friends. The point is not to bash OE at all, but simply to point out that these girls (at least the ones I referred to) are alumni of more than just OE. Development is a continuum.
Smallfish, in the event that you forgot what you posted, here's your post:

"That's great but I see at least four players I know of that were not developed by OE, ie. they did not play there until U15 or later. Creating an infrastructure to showcase the players to college coaches is one thing, but developing them from U8-U14 (their formative years) is a whole other thing. Collecting players is not the same as developing them."

You may not have intended to slam OE but you have implied that OE had no role in the development of those players. In your words, they collected them. Rushfan's daughter is one of the players listed in his post. Don't you think that Rushfan knows the playing history of his daughter? If you asked rushfan if OE played a role in the development of his daughter, I doubt that he would say that they didn't. What was he supposed to do when he listed the players? Write something like this:

Jane Doe – starts at forward for Warsaw Community College (2 goals & 2 assists through 7 games). Jane started at OE when she was 15. Prior to that time she played at Hammer for 3 years and the Cardinal club for 2 years. Jane also played Madeira SAY soccer from 6 years of age until she was 10.

If we're going to give credit to every club that developed Jane, shouldn't every club be listed? I doubt that rushfan knows what clubs all of the girls played for. He probably only knows, with certainty, what clubs his daughter played for. When people apply for jobs, do they list on their resume where they attended junior school, elementary school, or pre-school or do they mention the school in which they graduated? I think you get the point.

Rushfan's post was to celebrate the players – not the clubs. He happened to mention those players that are OE alum. Mentioning that they are OE alumni didn't make it about OE. You made it about OE and you made it a "club" issue instead of a player issue. Didn't last year's CSA u18 team pick up some talented players from CUP? Did CSA collect those players? Hasn't Hammer picked up players from other clubs? Hasn't CUP had talented players come to them from other clubs after they were 14? Did Hammer & CUP collect those players? OE has lost players to other clubs as well. And, contrary to your belief, OE has developed plenty of players in what you referred to as the formative years. Players are going to play where they want to play and for any variety of reasons. Why can't this thread be about the players and their accomplishments?
Old 09-13-12, 09:46 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Smallfish, in the event that you forgot what you posted, here's your post:

"That's great but I see at least four players I know of that were not developed by OE, ie. they did not play there until U15 or later. Creating an infrastructure to showcase the players to college coaches is one thing, but developing them from U8-U14 (their formative years) is a whole other thing. Collecting players is not the same as developing them."

You may not have intended to slam OE but you have implied that OE had no role in the development of those players. In your words, they collected them. Rushfan's daughter is one of the players listed in his post. Don't you think that Rushfan knows the playing history of his daughter? If you asked rushfan if OE played a role in the development of his daughter, I doubt that he would say that they didn't. What was he supposed to do when he listed the players? Write something like this:

Jane Doe – starts at forward for Warsaw Community College (2 goals & 2 assists through 7 games). Jane started at OE when she was 15. Prior to that time she played at Hammer for 3 years and the Cardinal club for 2 years. Jane also played Madeira SAY soccer from 6 years of age until she was 10.

If we're going to give credit to every club that developed Jane, shouldn't every club be listed? I doubt that rushfan knows what clubs all of the girls played for. He probably only knows, with certainty, what clubs his daughter played for. When people apply for jobs, do they list on their resume where they attended junior school, elementary school, or pre-school or do they mention the school in which they graduated? I think you get the point.

Rushfan's post was to celebrate the players – not the clubs. He happened to mention those players that are OE alum. Mentioning that they are OE alumni didn't make it about OE. You made it about OE and you made it a "club" issue instead of a player issue. Didn't last year's CSA u18 team pick up some talented players from CUP? Did CSA collect those players? Hasn't Hammer picked up players from other clubs? Hasn't CUP had talented players come to them from other clubs after they were 14? Did Hammer & CUP collect those players? OE has lost players to other clubs as well. And, contrary to your belief, OE has developed plenty of players in what you referred to as the formative years. Players are going to play where they want to play and for any variety of reasons. Why can't this thread be about the players and their accomplishments?
+1.....Well said, Juan
Old 09-13-12, 11:00 AM
All Ohio

soccerdad is on a distinguished road
Funny how it went from SELECT soccer to club soccer. IT's funny how you can develop players you give a pink slip to after tryouts. It's very simple coach's and trainers make big impacts on players some more than others that may not be getting it else where. But you can't make and apple taste like and orange. Your top teams have the best COLLECTIVE talent period. You simply refine it and teach them YOUR style of play(not always the best)style. I would take a kid that has an extensive soccer career over a single club/coach anyday.Each kid has a unique quality that should not be changed, it better for creativity. We started with OE from it's beginnings. We have also played for several other clubs, helped tons of others and lived at the indoor facility's during winter. My kids are as good as any players I have seen. I don't credit any particular person although my skills training(very specific to touch of the ball-kicking and receiving) with my daughter did wonders. It's sad to see that cross town rivalry going away. It won't be long b4 1-2 clubs play each other up and down the age groups.(or each other for that matter) Last I heard - the letter of intent had the players name on it, NOT the clubs.
Old 09-13-12, 07:46 PM
Junior Varsity

RushFan333 is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone. This is RushFan333's daughter speaking with a few words I have long wished to convey to you all:

1) How ridiculous is it that adult men are arguing over the accomplishments of their daughters? WE are the ones who have had success in soccer, not you. Does it matter where we were "developed" and what club got us to where we are today? No. It matters that we are now living our dreams of playing at the collegiate level - I would expect, because you are all ADULTS, that you would simply be happy for us.

2) I am proud to say that I am starting and contributing to my Purdue team because of Ohio Elite, and specifically Tim Lesiak. Without him as my coach, I would never have MATURED. This, however, is not to say that I am not proud to be a Hammer alumni. I attribute my technical basis as a player and my overall development to Clay Revis and Bob Downs at Hammer. But, I am 100% sure of myself when I say that Ohio Elite completed my development as a player. As corny as it may sound, Tim transformed me from the girl soccer player I once was, to the woman player I am today. My vision of the field, my ability to make correct decisions under pressure, the defensive side of my game, and my overall soccer knowledge grew immensely under Tim's direction. Therefore, I WOULD NOT BE PLAYING AT PURDUE WITHOUT OHIO ELITE.

3) Don't forget what I just said above. Hammer gave me a basis with which I never could have grown upon to become the player I am today. Therefore, I WOULD NOT BE PLAYING AT PURDUE WITHOUT HAMMER.

4) Regarding the previous comment about me not believing I achieved this myself? Of course I am incredibly proud of myself. I worked very hard in my high school studies to not only get accepted to Purdue, but also to receive an academic scholarship. I also worked incredibly hard in my athletic career - I worked with a personal trainer twice a week, often at 6 am before school; I drove nearly an hour each direction to OE in order to train 3 times a week; I trained extra with coaches to improve my technical ability. I did many things to be where I am today and I have never been more proud of myself for achieving this lifelong dream of mine. But, as I listed above, all of this work would not have taken me anywhere without the opportunity and coaching Hammer and OE gave me. So, yes, most of it is due to my hard work. But, it is ignorant to say any of this would have happened without my clubs, particularly OE.

5) Please just quit with the jealousy, the bitterness, the hatred, the club bashing, the arguing. It is such a waste of time, and not to mention, it can be very hurtful to these teenage girls who you sometimes criticize. As fathers, maybe consider this the next time you post something: Would you want that same exact thing to be said about your daughter or something your daughter holds dear (i.e. her club, her coaches, her teammates, etc.)? I doubt it.

Thank you for allowing me to say my piece. It has been on my mind, and on the minds of many of my teammates, for several years now.
Old 09-13-12, 08:01 PM
All American

warriors378 is on a distinguished road
Update on Lady Zips Soccer:

Akron lost to Michigan State 2-1 two sundays ago...Spartans scored the game winning goal really late in the match

Then, they beat Cleveland State and Canisus last weekend...they have Marshall this upcoming sunday before getting into conference play...

Really like the way Akron is playing under interim head coach Vernon Croft. Could easily be 4-1-1 or 5-1 with only loss being to William & Mary...
Old 09-13-12, 10:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Hello everyone. This is RushFan333's daughter speaking with a few words I have long wished to convey to you all:

1) How ridiculous is it that adult men are arguing over the accomplishments of their daughters? WE are the ones who have had success in soccer, not you. Does it matter where we were "developed" and what club got us to where we are today? No. It matters that we are now living our dreams of playing at the collegiate level - I would expect, because you are all ADULTS, that you would simply be happy for us.

2) I am proud to say that I am starting and contributing to my Purdue team because of Ohio Elite, and specifically Tim Lesiak. Without him as my coach, I would never have MATURED. This, however, is not to say that I am not proud to be a Hammer alumni. I attribute my technical basis as a player and my overall development to Clay Revis and Bob Downs at Hammer. But, I am 100% sure of myself when I say that Ohio Elite completed my development as a player. As corny as it may sound, Tim transformed me from the girl soccer player I once was, to the woman player I am today. My vision of the field, my ability to make correct decisions under pressure, the defensive side of my game, and my overall soccer knowledge grew immensely under Tim's direction. Therefore, I WOULD NOT BE PLAYING AT PURDUE WITHOUT OHIO ELITE.

3) Don't forget what I just said above. Hammer gave me a basis with which I never could have grown upon to become the player I am today. Therefore, I WOULD NOT BE PLAYING AT PURDUE WITHOUT HAMMER.

4) Regarding the previous comment about me not believing I achieved this myself? Of course I am incredibly proud of myself. I worked very hard in my high school studies to not only get accepted to Purdue, but also to receive an academic scholarship. I also worked incredibly hard in my athletic career - I worked with a personal trainer twice a week, often at 6 am before school; I drove nearly an hour each direction to OE in order to train 3 times a week; I trained extra with coaches to improve my technical ability. I did many things to be where I am today and I have never been more proud of myself for achieving this lifelong dream of mine. But, as I listed above, all of this work would not have taken me anywhere without the opportuInity and coaching Hammer and OE gave me. So, yes, most of it is due to my hard work. But, it is ignorant to say any of this would have happened without my clubs, particularly OE.

5) Please just quit with the jealousy, the bitterness, the hatred, the club bashing, the arguing. It is such a waste of time, and not to mention, it can be very hurtful to these teenage girls who you sometimes criticize. As fathers, maybe consider this the next time you post something: Would you want that same exact thing to be said about your daughter or something your daughter holds dear (i.e. her club, her coaches, her teammates, etc.)? I doubt it.

Thank you for allowing me to say my piece. It has been on my mind, and on the minds of many of my teammates, for several years now.
Awesome, #6!!!
Old 09-14-12, 07:29 AM
All Region

Lec TricSkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:

4) Regarding the previous comment about me not believing I achieved this myself? Of course I am incredibly proud of myself. I worked very hard in my high school studies to not only get accepted to Purdue, but also to receive an academic scholarship. I also worked incredibly hard in my athletic career - I worked with a personal trainer twice a week, often at 6 am before school; I drove nearly an hour each direction to OE in order to train 3 times a week; I trained extra with coaches to improve my technical ability. I did many things to be where I am today and I have never been more proud of myself for achieving this lifelong dream of mine. But, as I listed above, all of this work would not have taken me anywhere without the opportunity and coaching Hammer and OE gave me. So, yes, most of it is due to my hard work. But, it is ignorant to say any of this would have happened without my clubs, particularly OE.

Boiler Up..awesome context! It has never been been and will never be about the parents..we can only create or destroy the clearing for our children.In my 15 years as a soccer parent I have seen both powerfully demonstrated with great joy and saddness.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: