Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-17, 12:46 PM
All District

Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pelota View Post
these are exciting times for rose lavelle. she's projected to be a high pick in the nwsl draft, perhaps at the #1 spot to the boston breakers, and she has also been called up again to train with the uswnt.

more here:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...pick/96169934/

let's see if ohio elite again tries to opportunistically take any credit for rose's accomplishments as it did when the ecnl announced p5 conference awards and the clubs that those players came from.
Success has many owners
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-17, 08:30 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
LOL, Lavelle is the only owner of her success. She never believed in TEAM. All about her. Guess that is the way to do it. Ask any kid that played club or HS with her, one of the most selfish players on the pitch. Wish her the BEST, but please do not even pretend she was ever about TEAM.
Old 01-08-17, 11:20 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
LOL, Lavelle is the only owner of her success. She never believed in TEAM. All about her. Guess that is the way to do it. Ask any kid that played club or HS with her, one of the most selfish players on the pitch. Wish her the BEST, but please do not even pretend she was ever about TEAM.
I spoke to a parent at MND that had a daughter that overlapped with Rose. This parent said that she was a great team player. More important, he said that she was a natural leader.
Old 01-08-17, 04:26 PM
All American

I have spoken and know multiple parents. Not what they say, she is a phenomenal talent, has incredible work ethic and desire, but her younger years were 100% about her. NEVER ABOUT TEAM. Maybe that is the key for individual success, but sucks for the rest of the kids. Actually a BIG reason most kids struggle later on. Rose could overcome it, because she was just head and shoulders above the rest.
Old 01-10-17, 09:17 PM
Freshman

everton1 is on a distinguished road
Juan Pelota thanks for sharing the news around Rose. She actually deserves her own thread vs being in this thread but still very news worthy and great for Cincinnati Soccer. Your comment about OE is so funny and so true. Did Rose ever play for OE? Well if you really, really, really want to stretch it – her CUP team was done for the season and OE asked if she would play with them in a tournament. She played one weekend, never paid a dime, just came and played with them so really the answer is No! but OE likes to stretch the truth to make themselves look good – they are the best used car salesman in the soccer business lol!

Conan73 agreed success has many owners and Rose had great coaching and leadership in SAY, CUP, Balconi, and I’m sure others I’m forgetting. The individual she gives most credit for her development would be Neil Bradford, who we lost to cancer way too early. Talk about an individual who was in the game for the kid’s best interest would be Neil. You are missed but not forgotten my friend!

Buckshooter5, great you know many parents but I call BS on your comments. My oldest daughter played with Rose from U9 through High School and you are not going to meet a nicer young lady and family than the Lavelle’s. I’m so happy for her, for the Greater Cincinnati Area, and all the young soccer players in the area. Rose is a great ambassador of the sport and will represent the queen city well.
Old 01-11-17, 07:44 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by everton1 View Post

Conan73 agreed success has many owners and Rose had great coaching and leadership in SAY, CUP, Balconi, and Iím sure others Iím forgetting. The individual she gives most credit for her development would be Neil Bradford, who we lost to cancer way too early. Talk about an individual who was in the game for the kidís best interest would be Neil. You are missed but not forgotten my friend!
Neil will definitely be missed. He was one of the finest trainers in the Cincinnati area. He died way too young. Colon cancer sucks. I think he was only in his early 40s.

Ironically the Lakota United team that Neil coached when Rose played for him ended up going to OE with Neil as the coach. I think the way that all played out was that Rose, and a few of the other Lakota girls, decided not to move to OE with Neil and ended up joining the Warren County and Sycamore girls that went to CUP. The team that went to OE ended up being the Gold (2nd) team. With Rose on that team they would have been on par or better than the top OE team (Academy). As it was I believe that the two teams were close to each other. The arrangement that Neil and his team had with OE didn't last long and I don't know all of the politics of why. I can only imagine, though.

The days of the Arsenal and Lakota before they joined CUP to make CU seem so long ago. Everything seemed more simple back then. While politics were definitely a factor, that aspect of the game has gotten worse and not for the benefit of the kids. Adults screw things up all too often.
Old 01-11-17, 10:59 AM
Freshman

everton1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Neil will definitely be missed. He was one of the finest trainers in the Cincinnati area. He died way too young. Colon cancer sucks. I think he was only in his early 40s.

Ironically the Lakota United team that Neil coached when Rose played for him ended up going to OE with Neil as the coach. I think the way that all played out was that Rose, and a few of the other Lakota girls, decided not to move to OE with Neil and ended up joining the Warren County and Sycamore girls that went to CUP. The team that went to OE ended up being the Gold (2nd) team. With Rose on that team they would have been on par or better than the top OE team (Academy). As it was I believe that the two teams were close to each other. The arrangement that Neil and his team had with OE didn't last long and I don't know all of the politics of why. I can only imagine, though.

The days of the Arsenal and Lakota before they joined CUP to make CU seem so long ago. Everything seemed more simple back then. While politics were definitely a factor, that aspect of the game has gotten worse and not for the benefit of the kids. Adults screw things up all too often.
Rohbino Ė yep your facts are spot on. Neil was a special person that was always positive, always uplifting, always funny, and always thinking about the person/player he was working with.

As it relates to days long past I go back to LSO so prior to the LSO & LSC merging to become LUSC and then merging with Sycamore & CUP. Definitely simpler back but I do enjoy seeing soccer grow in popularity and the opportunities for kids to play at many different levels.

I also forgot to add Roseís factors of success the University of Wisconsin and definitely cannot forget ODP.
Old 01-13-17, 07:37 PM
All American

Everton, I agree, nice young lady, great family. However, she was never a team player in her younger years. That may be good, some clubs coach the player, team is second. All I am saying, when you have a talent like Rose, the other kids around her at the younger ages suffer. She worked on developing her game, Congrats.
Old 01-20-17, 07:10 AM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Everton, I agree, nice young lady, great family. However, she was never a team player in her younger years. That may be good, some clubs coach the player, team is second. All I am saying, when you have a talent like Rose, the other kids around her at the younger ages suffer. She worked on developing her game, Congrats.

Special players always get this criticism. I remember Daniel borgman would sprint through warmups when everyone else was jogging. Other kids hated her for it. But that drive had nothing to do with being selfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-17, 11:28 PM
All American

True, but tell me a high impact player that is good for the "team" at the younger developmental ages? The other players will just stand around and watch, slows their development down. Happens all the time. Not taking anything away from Rose.
Old 01-23-17, 09:49 AM
Varsity

Gr8tS0ccr is on a distinguished road
I don't disagree with that. If there is a player on a team that is clearly a step above everyone else, then they are on the wrong team. Need to be playing with other kids that are similar to their competitive level. The worst place for a kid to be for development is the very top player, or the very bottom player. Not easy to find the right balance, but when it is, all the players step up as the competitive level in training is higher (or appropriate for them).
Old 01-27-17, 09:47 AM
Varsity

Fleeced is on a distinguished road
I Thought this was very interesting about the Womens pro draft , since that is the subject.
I have read time and time again on this forum about US soccer or ECNL ?

Check this article out it spells out some pretty amazing facts.

ECNL alumnae make up 75 percent of total 2017 NWSL Draft class

Thirty of 40 total players selected during the 2017 National Womenís Soccer League (NWSL) Draft, Jan. 12 in Los Angeles, enjoyed ECNL youth careers. The first round featured eight ECNL alumnae, including Morgan Andrews (FC Stars), who was selected third overall.

Founded in 2009, more than 90 percent of ECNL players advance to the collegiate ranks, according to the ECNLís College Impact series.

More information, including a full list of ECNL alumnae selected in the 2017 NWSL Draft, can be found here.

US Club Soccer and the ECNL wish all these Amazing Young Women continued success on and off the pitch.
Old 02-24-17, 12:34 PM
All American

PantherDad is on a distinguished road
Word on the street is Thomas More will be looking for a new women's coach!
Old 02-24-17, 12:41 PM
All Region

werns63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDad View Post
Word on the street is Thomas More will be looking for a new women's coach!
Really? Whats going on?
Old 02-27-17, 07:14 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
Really? Whats going on?
Leaving the coaching world for the Corporate world.
Old 02-27-17, 10:53 AM
Varsity

Wish my kid would have went to Thomas Moore, she would have ruled the lower level soccer. Now I don't get to watch her, unless on TV.
Old 02-27-17, 11:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeced View Post
Wish my kid would have went to Thomas Moore, she would have ruled the lower level soccer. Now I don't get to watch her, unless on TV.
Whatever
Old 02-27-17, 12:32 PM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is pretty ignorant. Thomas More** is a very good program.
Old 02-27-17, 02:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincysports4 View Post
That is pretty ignorant. Thomas More** is a very good program.
Definitely an ignorant comment. Thomas Moore is a top 3 D3 soccer program. They regular appear in the late rounds of the NCAA D3 tournament.

The top D3 programs have facilities that rival some D2 and D1 programs. They also have players on their teams that could have played D1 or D2 if they had wanted to. In fact, it is not uncommon for some D1 and D2 players to transfer to a top D3 program like Thomas Moore.

True, they won't beat UNC, but they may give some of the lower D1 schools a run for their money
Old 02-27-17, 03:28 PM
Varsity

You people crack me up. The difference between D-3 and D-1 is night and day. I get it, your kids could not make a top tier D-1 program, does not give you the right to say D-3 is the same. You are wrong.
Old 02-27-17, 04:01 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I doubt you have a daughter who plays D1 soccer but if you do I hope she treats her former high school, club and rec teammates with more respect than you have displayed. We can't all play DI but everyone has to find their own level and what they are comfortable with on the pitch, in the classroom and socially.
Old 02-27-17, 04:45 PM
All American

Quote:
You people crack me up. The difference between D-3 and D-1 is night and day. I get it, your kids could not make a top tier D-1 program, does not give you the right to say D-3 is the same. You are wrong.
Don't even need to waste my time on this clown!
Old 02-27-17, 04:49 PM
All District

Quote:
According to the NCAA, the difference between a D1 school and a D2 school is this. D1 schools are required to have at least 14 sports (7 for men and 7 for women); while D2 schools are required to have at least 10 sports (5 for men and 5 for women). There is no requirement in terms of a minimum level of facilities, etc.

In many cases, D1 schools are larger and have more money. So, they can field more competitive teams than the average D2 school, but this is not always the case. There are some small schools that manage to have a D1 program.

There are over 300 D1 women's soccer programs. So, not all D1 programs are created equal. Clearly, the top D1 programs are better than any D2 and D3 school. However, the bottom D1 schools are sometimes not as good as some D2 and D3 programs.

Now, I personally know a number of kids that were offered and/or transferred from D1 programs to play D2 or D3. True, those kids were not headed to UNC, but that's not the point. The point is that there are some D2 and D3 schools that can give the lower ranked D1 schools a run for their money.
Old 02-28-17, 07:32 AM
Varsity

Truly elite players do not settle for less. It is not in their DNA. Take it however you want, but the truth is, if your daughter is truly an elite player, they will push to play for an elite team.
Old 02-28-17, 08:36 AM
All American

Quote:
Truly elite players do not settle for less. It is not in their DNA. Take it however you want, but the truth is, if your daughter is truly an elite player, they will push to play for an elite team.

You definitely don't have a daughter that plays college soccer. Did you know kids pick schools based on majors, size of school, location, facilities and various other things. They dont just pick a school based on the elite level of soccer.
Old 02-28-17, 10:18 AM
Varsity

Your right, I don't have a kid that was best in the state. Nope. Maybe if you had an elite player, you would understand.
Old 02-28-17, 10:32 AM
All American

Quote:
Your right, I don't have a kid that was best in the state. Nope. Maybe if you had an elite player, you would understand.
Oh, I do understand. I think the board understands that you don't understand.
Old 02-28-17, 11:00 AM
All District

Quote:
You have a very limited definition of elite.....

Only 9% of all high school girls soccer players end up in college.

If a female athlete is lucky enough to play soccer in college, that player is doing something that 91% of her classmates around the country are not doing. I would define that as being elite.

Now, less than 3% of high school soccer players end up in D1. Some of those D1 players are the elite of the elite. However, the lines between some D1, D2, and D3 schools are blurred where a kid that could have played for a D1 school opted to play D2 or D3 because of educational opportunities, location, school size, etc.....and those schools field very competitive teams.
Old 02-28-17, 11:41 AM
All American

Quote:

I have a Daughter that had offers from DI & D2 schools, but she did not want to go far and she made her decision based on what she wanted to study. She's had the opportunity to play in the Elite 8 and two sweet 16's and we will see what this upcoming year brings. Oh yeah, she will be a nurse in 14 months! That's ELITE in my eyes DBAG!
Old 02-28-17, 04:41 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
pdad why waste your time sounds like you have a lot to be proud of focus on the positive quit wrestling with pigs in the mud

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: