Read This....forum Rules
Yappi Forum Rules:
1) No name calling - please refrain from using derogatory names when in a heated discussion. (idiot, jerk, etc. will not be acceptable)
2) No swearing - including trying to get around the censor filter with other symbols.
3) Negative comments of a personal nature - a person's personal life that does not have any bearing on their sports life should not be discussed.
4) Posting multiple times in a row - please do not continually respond to your own posts to pad your post total.
5) "Outing" an anonymous poster - revealing the real identity of a poster is not allowed.
6) Multiple Usernames - one username per individual, if subsequent usernames are found, they will be deleted without notice.
7) Derogatory Usernames - usernames that are chosen to degrade someone/something else are unacceptable. They will be deleted without warning.
8) Stalking - stalking would be defined as following another user around and harrassing them in threads that they post in. Basically, if someone is having a problem with someone and they resort to looking for every post they make so they can confront them about other issues is becoming troublesome.
9) Hijacking - hijacking a thread is defined as taking any topic over and changing the subject and debating something new. This has always been a reason for threads to be locked, deleted, or split. But if a pattern continues where one or more posters choose to continue doing this, then some form of censoring their opinions is bound to happen.
10) Habitual Trash Talking - this falls under stalking and hijacking but deserves it's own rule. This is when a user continually trash talks about the same team(s) and offers no other insight. Following other users around and disrupting threads out of spite for another team will no longer be tolerated. Some trash-talking is inevitable when it comes to sports but should be limited.
11) Spamming - posting links to other websites that are for personal gain. Linking to a news article or a fun interesting website is fair game . Posting a link to your own website or a competitor with the intention of earning money or driving people to a competitor is not acceptable.
12) Trolling - A troll is deliberately crafted to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy. A troll is a time thief. To troll is to steal from people. That is what makes trolling heinous. Trolls can be identified by their disengagement from a conversation or argument. They do not believe what they say, but merely say it for effect. Trolls are motivated by a desire for attention by people and can't or won't acquire it in a productive manner.
Last edited by just a fan; 05-21-06 at 05:57 AM..