Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-22-16, 04:12 PM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Look for MD to be back sometime soon after Jan 9th(official start of the second semester and earliest he can come back)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-16, 12:00 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
I just hope he's as close to game-ready as possible once reinstated. Not sure about that.
Old 01-08-17, 03:45 AM
All American

Myles Davis is officially reinstated as of tonight. With that said, he is not in nearly the shape they hoped and expected he would be. He practiced against a former musketeer a couple times within the last 7-10 days and was not nearly game shape. That combined with Mack saying he would need to continue to meet expectations and earn anything from here on out(nothing hes done prior would get him playing time) I would not be shocked to not see him play for another game or two. I wasn't sure how I would feel when his comeback would be announced, but knowing what and who I know I am very indifferent. I obviously will support Xavier as much as I always have, but MD is no longer my favorite player like I wouldve considered him prior to this incident. I hope he doesnt make anyone regret giving him a second chance
Old 01-08-17, 07:55 AM
All Ohio

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Girl problems can bring out the worst in us. Not a Xavier fan by any means but I hope the dude has learned from it regardless of his performance on the court.

Little shocked to hear he isn't in shape considering he was in the doghouse and had probably nothing else to do but work out and shoot hoops. Especially coming back from a suspension looking to prove himself you would think he would be in decent shape. However March is a long ways away, that's when they will need him
Old 01-08-17, 03:51 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
He'll be fine. Having Davis back is huge for XU.
Old 01-09-17, 09:33 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Girl problems can bring out the worst in us. Not a Xavier fan by any means but I hope the dude has learned from it regardless of his performance on the court.

Little shocked to hear he isn't in shape considering he was in the doghouse and had probably nothing else to do but work out and shoot hoops. Especially coming back from a suspension looking to prove himself you would think he would be in decent shape. However March is a long ways away, that's when they will need him
not sure where you heard or read this. everything i read said he looks to be in fine shape and just needs to catch up on anything new Mack has added offensively that he may not be familiar with.
Old 01-09-17, 09:45 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
not sure where you heard or read this. everything i read said he looks to be in fine shape and just needs to catch up on anything new Mack has added offensively that he may not be familiar with.
He heard it from sportshomer dummy. Read up.
Old 01-09-17, 09:49 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
He heard it from sportshomer dummy. Read up.
i normally just gloss over SportsHomers posts.

thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-09-17, 09:55 AM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Old 01-09-17, 10:30 AM
All Ohio

Figured diehardvballfan would know. Maybe not. For Davis' sake I hope he is in shape
Old 01-09-17, 11:04 AM
All American

Shannon Russell tweeted some about it if you wanna scroll through her tweets or there's also a link to her article.

https://twitter.com/slrussell
Old 01-09-17, 11:28 AM
All World

Bballer05
4 games in 9 days with 2 of those being AT top 10/15 schools and then at home vs another top 10 team. hoping to go 2-1 in those 3 games but wouldn't be surprised if we went 1-2 or even 0-3. not giving us much of a chance at Nova tomorrow. have a better chance to win at Butler and then monday at home vs. Creighton should be an unreal atmosphere.

can't wait. BE is legit this year.
Old 01-09-17, 02:24 PM
All American

He looks in shape, but i said not nearly game shape or the shape they expected. I never said he was in bad shape, but he did scrimmage with Redford a couple times and he struggled with the pace of the games. Shot looks good tho
Old 01-09-17, 03:32 PM
All Ohio

Sure it won't take long for him to regain the level of fitneas needed. As I said earlier March is awhile away, plenty of time to get adjusted to the team and flow of things
Old 01-10-17, 01:29 AM
All American

Agreed. No reason to think he won't be back to hitting meaningful threes and FTs down the stretch
Old 01-10-17, 07:49 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
He looks in shape, but i said not nearly game shape or the shape they expected. I never said he was in bad shape, but he did scrimmage with Redford a couple times and he struggled with the pace of the games. Shot looks good tho
Well if they expected him to be in "game shape", that would be incredibly stupid since they suspended him and he couldn't play in games. What shape did they expect him in? Not sure what the point of your post was other than to act like you had some inside information.
Old 01-10-17, 08:31 AM
All World

Bballer05
i'm gonna guess that if MD plays at all tonite, it will be about 6-10 minutes at best. yes, he was "working out" but i don't care what kind of individual workouts you do, it's not going to prepare you like it would actually BEING at practice and playing in games.

i'm just hoping that at the last TV timeout, X is in a winnable game. 1-2 possession game either way at that time and then let's see who can make some plays to win. yes, i would love for them to be up 20 at that point but i'm also not insane.
Old 01-10-17, 01:41 PM
All Region

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
I don't have any inside info about MD. Just reading between the lines of Coach Mack's comments, I would be surprised if Myles sees the floor at all tonight.
If Mack is true to his comments about Myles having to "earn" everything he gets as far as minutes are concerned, it's hard to see him get much time on the court until he proves in practice that he's playing at a higher level than those whose minutes he would be replacing.
Like everyone, I LOVE what Myles Davis has brought to this team. I think he's the missing ingredient for X to take this last jump. I think we're ALL just going to have to be patient and see what happens.
Old 01-10-17, 11:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Well if they expected him to be in "game shape", that would be incredibly stupid since they suspended him and he couldn't play in games. What shape did they expect him in? Not sure what the point of your post was other than to act like you had some inside information.
Well I did/do have good information into what happened and went on. You don't like me which is fine, but i do have multiple connections(being friends with multiple people close to the situation that transpired) and was able to follow the entire thing step by step. They expected him to have been working out more than he did and have better stamina coming back. Obviously he wouldnt be in perfect game shape, but he couldve done more than basically just practice shooting and lifting weights. couldve played in pickup games and such
Old 01-10-17, 11:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
I don't have any inside info about MD. Just reading between the lines of Coach Mack's comments, I would be surprised if Myles sees the floor at all tonight.
If Mack is true to his comments about Myles having to "earn" everything he gets as far as minutes are concerned, it's hard to see him get much time on the court until he proves in practice that he's playing at a higher level than those whose minutes he would be replacing.
Like everyone, I LOVE what Myles Davis has brought to this team. I think he's the missing ingredient for X to take this last jump. I think we're ALL just going to have to be patient and see what happens.
I wasnt going to be surprised if he didnt play, but he ended up playing 13 minutes due to foul trouble in the first half primarily with JP Macura. Xavier player like crap though and I was most frustrated with Bluiett. As good as his averages are and he plays most of the time, it seems like he always disappears or struggles in "big" games.
Old 01-11-17, 08:25 AM
All World

Bballer05
Nova is just better - at all facets of the game. plain and simple.
Old 01-11-17, 09:20 AM
All American

First 8 minutes had me excited...then complete embarrassment from that point on...SMH
Old 01-11-17, 03:47 PM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Typical X game at Nova right now. That is the biggest block IMO in Xs way to taking the program to the next level. Got to be able to win @ Nova.
Old 01-11-17, 03:51 PM
All Ohio

I like to read Xavier hoops for the hilarity of some posters with crazy expectations. Before the game some were talking about being a 1 seed.
Old 01-12-17, 07:52 AM
All World

Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
Typical X game at Nova right now. That is the biggest block IMO in Xs way to taking the program to the next level. Got to be able to win @ Nova.
how about just COMPETE at Nova? wouldn't that being taking it to the next level?

i'm joking somewhat, but i would at least like to go there, and at the last media timeout, be in like a 1 or 2 possession game either way and see who could make some plays down the stretch.

i'd take that at this point.
Old 01-16-17, 04:46 PM
All Ohio

Tough stretch of games for Xavier against ranked teams. However the free throw shooting and 3 point shooting is horrendous. Need to fix the free throws
Old 01-20-17, 07:10 PM
All American

Well, this came out of no where. Hoping he didnt make the mistake of reaching out to his ex. Has to be something more to the story because its impossible to imagine him quitting on his team/three best friend(JP, Ed, and Tre) and leaving before he could finish his career. For what its worth hope he finds some happiness and success down the line
Old 01-21-17, 08:11 AM
All Ohio

Wonder if he got canned. Dude was a knucklehead
Old 01-21-17, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
Man, not the kind of season XU fans were expecting
Old 01-21-17, 12:25 PM
All Region

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Yep. Coming into the year, it looked like X had a shot at the Big East title. Remember? The veterans were going to bring along the newbies. As the season moved along, X would gradually become a juggernaut that would avenge last season's early exit from the NCAA Tournament.

Now, unless things suddenly come together (though X still has the same issues that existed 2 months ago), we're looking at a very disappointing season.

It's never too late. Xavier teams in the past (and with worse records) have jelled late in the season and enjoyed greater success than expected. Now, though, with Myles gone, things look pretty bleak as March gets closer.

I had hoped for more, but I expect a Round of 32 or Sweet 16 for this team. I've always been an optimist with Xavier teams, but this has been a year of unfulfilled potential. Can Mack get through to these guys?

Last edited by Monclova Steve; 01-21-17 at 12:37 PM..