Waite D-3 District Rankings #4
*=unsure about participation
Iím guessing that there will be a late season draw between some of these sectionals like they had last year to determine who will wrestle here and who will go to the Troy District.
Iíll adjust wrestlers and teams between the districts as more information becomes available.
1. Oscar Sanchez- Genoa
2. Ray Adams- M. Edison (5th district)
3. Jared Fahrer- Evergreen (5th district, 6th district 2015)
4. Gage Griffith- Western Reserve (6th district)
5. Zack Schaller - Swanton
6. Antonio Lecki- M. Lake (4th middle school state 2015)
7. Jake Manley- Otsego (7th middle school state)
8. Owen Karcher- Cory Rawson
Sanchez beat Fahrer 5-1 in the finals at Perrysburg this past weekend.
1. Dylan DíEmilio- Genoa (1st state)
2. Cole Mattin- Delta (4th state)
3. Dylan Burns- M. Edison (5th state)
4. Jordan Bowers- Tinora
5. Cameron Dickman- Oak Harbor
6. Mike Morganstern- Clear Fork
7. Will Roth- St Maryís C.C.
8. Tyler Sandwisch- Woodmore
DíEmilio claimed titles at both Medina and Perrysburg, defeating Kyle Gruber 7-0 in the finals of the former tournament and Kyle Ryan 11-3 in the finals of the latter event.
1. Julian Sanchez- Genoa (6th state)
2. Evan Guilford- Ayersville (8th state)
3. Dakota Blanton- S. Central (SQ)
4. Trevor Schaller- Swanton (SQ)
5. Jacob Hahn- Eastwood
6. Trent Werner- M. Edison
7. Ashton Varney- Montpelier
8. Matthew Dewitz/Tad Jansen- Oak Harbor
Sanchez was 3rd at Medina where he beat state placer Eric Bartos 3-1 in sudden victory in the consolation finals.
1. Drew Mattin- Delta (1st, 1st, 3rd state)
2. Bruce Hrynciw- Oak Harbor (3rd state)
3. Dusty Morgillo- Genoa (1st middle school state)
4. Jevyn Pratt- Carey (5th district)
5. Zane Peterson- Liberty Center (SQ)
6. Dominic Rosin- St. Maryís C.C. (5th district, SQ 2014)
7. Dillon Cook- Swanton
8. Max Wolfe- M. Edison
Mattin was 3rd at Brecksville where he shut out state finalist Matt Fields 7-0 in the consolation finals, and then he earned a tournament title at Perrysburg where he pinned Danny Assaf in the finals.
Hrynciw was 1st at Medina and 3rd at Perrysburg, defeating Morgillo at both events.
1. Tanner Krotzer- Rossford (SQ)
2. Daniel Price- Mohawk (SQ)
3. C.J. Leffler- Delta (6th district 2015, 6th district 2014)
4. Reilly Heater- Fairview (5th district 2015)
5. Gage Pachlhofer- Swanton (SQ)
6. Jacob Martz- W. Reserve
7. Trenten Johnson- A. Crestview*
8. Jacob Stewart- Genoa
Price placed 6th at the GMVWA where he beat Kentucky state qualifier Aaron Brossart 2-0.
1. Brady Barnett- M. Edison (2nd, 2nd, 6th state)
2. Trevor Scherf- Oak Harbor (7th state)
3. Colin Hoffman- Delta (SQ 2015)
4. Gavin Grime- Archbold (SQ 2015)
5. Conor Emsch- Woodmore (6th district)
6. Nate Vasquez- Fremont St. Joseph
7. Austin Eick- Rossford (6th district)
8. Christian Alcado- Elmwood
Barnett was 3rd at Brecksville where he posted an impressive 8-4 tiebreak win over state finalist Jake Martinez in the consolation finals.
1. Derek Gross- St. Paul (4th, 2nd, 4th state)
2. Noah Mattin- Archbold (SQ)
3. Dylan Mansor- Oak Harbor (SQ)
4. Alex Neuberger- M. Edison (6th state)
5. Adam Bates- Genoa (8th state)
6. Hugo Villareal- Gibsonburg (8th state)
7. D.J. McNett- Otsego (SQ)
8. Chase Moore- Swanton (5th district, 8th state 2015)
Mattin was 2nd at Medina after beating Bates 24-6 in the quarters and Mansor 5-0 in the semis.
Mansor placed 4th at Medina and then won a title at Perrysburg where he defeated McNett 3-1 in the semis and Bates 7-2 in the finals.
1. Jake Huston- Oak Harbor (6th state)
2. James Limongi- Genoa (5th district)
3. Bailey Slattman- Tinora
4. Austin Wilson- Archbold (5th district 2015)
5. Collin Mancuso- M. Edison (6th district 2015)
6. Jacob Near- Sand. St. Mary C.C.
7. Rico Lopez- Mohawk
8. Colten Mills- Monroeville
Huston won a title at Perrysburg after finishing 2nd to 2x state champ David Carr at Medina where he beat district placer Brady Chrisman 5-4 in the semifinals.
1. Parker Brown- Mohawk (SQ)
2. Rhett Roeder- Monroeville
3. Dalton Burns- M. Edison (5th district)
4. Ty Hussar- Rossford (6th district)
5. Michael Burket- Eastwood
6. Garrett Mapes- Oak Harbor
7. Juan Castillo- Tinora
8. Cameron Jordan- Edgerton*
Hussar was 2nd to Jarrett Munyan at Marion Harding where he pinned his first 3 opponents in the first period.
1. Cole Draper- Mohawk (2nd, 6th state)
2. Noah Baker- Elmwood (SQ)
3. Trevor Mack- Northwood (SQ)
4. Jaret Parker- Oak Harbor*
5. Connor Kwiat- Calvert
6. John Witischi- Clear Fork*
7. Zack Leahy- Swanton
8. Cade Rogers- A. Crestview
Draper finished 3rd at the GMVWA while Baker was 2nd to state qualifier Alex Andrews at Perrysburg.
1. Kian Thompson- Oak Harbor (SQ)
2. Jace Grossman- Elmwood
3. Dylan Rogers- Delta (SQ)
4. Joey Kasper- M .Edison
5. Xavier Beach- Genoa
6. Colton Campbell- A. Crestview
7. Tanner May- Carey (3rd middle school state)
8. Rick Thomas- Clear Fork
Grossman downed Rogers 5-2 in the finals at Perrysburg to earn the tournament championship.
1. Sam Stoll- M. Edison (4th state)
2. Madison Jaso- Gibsonburg (8th state)
3. Dylan Hinton- Elmwood (6th district)
4. Matt Herrick- Genoa (SQ)*
5. Caleb Carpenter- Liberty Center (SQ)
6. Zane Zientek- Eastwood
7. Cadin Emschoff- Mohawk
8. Chris Loughman- A. Crestview
Stoll posted a 5-2 win over 2x state finalist Robbie Bowers in their dual meet after Bowers bumped up to make the showdown happen.
1. Dylan Thorp- Oak Harbor (SQ)
2. Tyler Tudor- Eastwood (SQ)
3. Jon Racheter- Carey
4. Griffin Sperry- Elmwood (6th district 2015)
5. Noah Price- Fre. St. Joseph C.C.
6. Corbitt Church- Ayersville
7. Jacob Wolford- Delta
8. Chris Kuhn- St. Maryís C.C.
Thorp claimed a title at Medina where he beat state qualifier Clay McComas 14-1 in the finals, and then he added another at Perrysburg where he beat state qualifier Brandon Phillips 5-2 for the title.
1. Derek Smith- Tinora (SQ)
2. Wes Bok- Fairview
3. Joey Moore- M. Lake (5th district)
4. Dillon Farley- Otsego
5. Brandon Vasquez- Rossford
6. Tommy Lytle- Swanton
7. Jacob Huber- Margaretta
8. Dakota Klotz- Lakota
Smith pinned his way through Perrysburg, sticking Marty Hofbauer in 53 seconds the finals.
1. Oak Harbor
2. Milan Edison
3. Genoa Area
Oak Harbor wrestled well at Medina. Hopefully, Thompson makes an expedient return to the mat after defeating Grossman 10-7 at Medina and then defaulting out.
I moved Hrynciw down to 126 where heís been wrestling, and Iíll keep him there unless he starts wrestling at 132. He had a pair of impressive come from behind wins over middle school state champs Dusty Morgillo and Blake Wright on his way to the title at Medina.
I was really impressed with Barnett at Brecksville, a great win over Martinez and a close bout with Shie show that heís ready for that state title run at seasonís end.
I was also surprised to see Werner down at 120 for Edison. Heíll be a state qualification contender at seasonís end.
Genoa had a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd in their first 3 weights at Medina. All 3 will be title favorites at this district. I havenít see Herrick wrestle this year, so hopefully heíll return to the mat soon.
I was impressed by what I saw of Morgillo, especially in the bout with Hrynciw at Medina.
Iím guessing that Cole Mattin will make the cut to 113 at some point due to the fact that he wrestled there at Super 32, but I havenít seen it yet.
Iím not sure how this will affect Leffler, who I heard would go 120.
A special thanks to Boro Fan for all the insight into the weights of the wrestlers, Baumís Page and Jakeís Wrestling for all of the results that they provide, and to any of the other wrestling nerds that actually read these things.