Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-16, 05:04 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 84
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
HS All Americans

http://www.nscaa.com/web/web/News/Ar..._Announce.aspx

The number of Ohio girls is pretty impressive.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-05-16, 09:18 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 180
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
More Cincy/Dayton Girls than all of California combined. Congrats to the Southwest Ohio girls, It's a nice honor for them. I know Mac, Ernst and Brown play at OE, Gorman is at Hammer. Is Davis at OP, I thought I remember her from the OSU signing sheet I saw.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-16, 12:38 AM
belied dat belied dat is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Location: not Ohio
Posts: 273
belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
More Cincy/Dayton Girls than all of California combined. Congrats to the Southwest Ohio girls, It's a nice honor for them. I know Mac, Ernst and Brown play at OE, Gorman is at Hammer. Is Davis at OP, I thought I remember her from the OSU signing sheet I saw.
Just to be clear, Northern and Central California vary on fall or spring soccer. Southern California plays high school soccer in the winter.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-16, 06:22 AM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 84
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Yes Cup, Davis is OP
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-16, 08:35 AM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Gehinnom
Posts: 1,346
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
Just to be clear, Northern and Central California vary on fall or spring soccer. Southern California plays high school soccer in the winter.
You beat me to it. There are not more Ohio kids than all of California combined.

CIF (CIF is analogous to what the OHSAA is in Ohio) splits California into 10 sections. Most of the state soccer teams do not play in the fall. It's king of confusing, actually, as soccer is played in all three seasons in California. Sections of NorCal play in the fall while others play in the spring. As belied dat mentioned, in SoCal, where the highest percentage of soccer players are, it is a winter sport.

Not to take anything away from the Ohio kids, because they should all be proud and are probably deserving, but most of the country does not play girls soccer in the fall. It is true that 27 of the 50 states do play in the fall (Virginia is private schools only, the others play in the spring) but from a numbers standpoint there are more kids playing in the other seasons. Most of California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, Florida, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arizona, Georgia, and Illinois, are all in the winter or spring. There are others as well but I am only mentioning those states that have a fair number of talented players. I also probably missed some states worthy of mention.

Last edited by Rohbino; 12-06-16 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-16, 09:27 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 933
ammtd34
Send a message via AIM to ammtd34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
You beat me to it. There are not more Ohio kids than all of California combined.

CIF (CIF is analogous to what the OHSAA is in Ohio) splits California into 10 sections. Most of the state soccer teams do not play in the fall. It's king of confusing, actually, as soccer is played in all three seasons in California. Sections of NorCal play in the fall while others play in the spring. As belied dat mentioned, in SoCal, where the highest percentage of soccer players are, it is a winter sport.

Not to take anything away from the Ohio kids, because they should all be proud and are probably deserving, but most of the country does not play girls soccer in the fall. It is true that 27 of the 50 states do play in the fall (Virginia is private schools only, the others play in the spring) but from a numbers standpoint there are more kids playing in the other seasons. Most of California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, Florida, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arizona, Georgia, and Illinois, are all in the winter or spring. There are others as well but I am only mentioning those states that have a fair number of talented players. I also probably missed some states worthy of mention.

There's no real way to do a true All-American team, so I'm fine with splitting into Spring/Fall. So these girls are "All-27 States." I'm sure they're fine with it, too. The number from Ohio, even when considering the states that don't play in the fall, show how difficult it can be to even make an All State team here.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-18-16, 09:22 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,287
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Shinny objects make the STUD. Parents/Coaches work 24/7 to market their kids. That is the system.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-18-16, 10:12 AM
Possessed Possessed is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 603
Possessed is on a distinguished road
Well, there's 38 million people in California. There's 11 million in Ohio.

So, even adding the southern California winter time girs... percentage wise based on population Ohio does indeed have a higher percentage. With over 3 times the people... California is actually a little under represented based on per capita All Stars especially considering the OP only addressed the SW Ohio girls, where only approx 3.2 million people live, compared to even half of California split by seasons at approx 16 million (conservatively).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-19-16, 02:59 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 933
ammtd34
Send a message via AIM to ammtd34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Well, there's 38 million people in California. There's 11 million in Ohio.

So, even adding the southern California winter time girs... percentage wise based on population Ohio does indeed have a higher percentage. With over 3 times the people... California is actually a little under represented based on per capita All Stars especially considering the OP only addressed the SW Ohio girls, where only approx 3.2 million people live, compared to even half of California split by seasons at approx 16 million (conservatively).
You're over thinking this. States are awarded a number of NSCAA All-Americans based on the number of NSCAA member coaches in the state.

Another All-American list I saw seems to be more widely distributed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-24-16, 10:41 AM
Possessed Possessed is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 603
Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
You're over thinking this. States are awarded a number of NSCAA All-Americans based on the number of NSCAA member coaches in the state.

Another All-American list I saw seems to be more widely distributed.
So, do you think a state with 38 million people may just have more NCAA coach's than a state with 11 million? Seems reasonable to assume so. However you slice it, triple the population should be triple the AA, if the averages are true.

Last edited by Possessed; 12-30-16 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-27-16, 09:16 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 933
ammtd34
Send a message via AIM to ammtd34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
So, do you think a state with 38 million people may just have more NCAA coach's than a state with 11 million? Seems reasonable to assume so. However you slice it, triple the population should be triple the AS, if the averages are true.
It doesn't matter if I think it. The NSCAA puts it directly on their website.

Quote:
Each state is awarded a specific number of slots on the All-America and All-Region teams based on the number of high school coaches that are current NSCAA members.
https://www.nscaa.com/web/Awards/Hig...l-America.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-30-16, 10:36 AM
Possessed Possessed is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 603
Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
It doesn't matter if I think it. The NSCAA puts it directly on their website.



https://www.nscaa.com/web/Awards/Hig...l-America.aspx
Well, it's not hard to figure out. Go to Max Preps, participating girls soccer teams. I counted to "J"...

602 in California, 418 on Ohio. It only stands to reason that a state with 38 million people will have more teams than a state with 11 million. How many of those teams have coaches registered in the NSCAA? Who knows. But I'll make it easy for you, since logic doesn't seem to be your strong point... are trying to argue that there are 3 times more high schools on Ohio than California? Because there are 3 times more AA from Ohio than California. That's a fact. The population numbers are a fact. What seems to be the issue with your logic is you're arguing a semantics based point of view while ignoring facts. Either us Ohio folks are bangin' out girls at three times the rate of California, their population numbers are incorrect, or their high schools don't participate in the NSCAA. Let's take the latter. Saying only 1/3 of them do, that would still mean that Ohio has three times the AA as them. No matter how you slice it, Ohio has more AA whether their participation numbers are the same or greater. To believe your premise, Ohio has 3 times the AA than California... and to make them equal that would mean only 3.5 million girls attend schools that participate in NSCAA... since Ohio only has 11 million. It's ridiculous lol.

Ohio has 11 million people and 3 times the AA of a state with 38 million (apparently only 3 million are in the NSCAA LOL).
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-30-16, 12:07 PM
Ruger Ruger is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-03-13
Posts: 171
Ruger is on a distinguished road
You are both Wrong !
Problem with California is that yes they have 38 Million people, But remember only 3.5 million are there Legally !

You didn't take that into account ?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-30-16, 02:05 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 933
ammtd34
Send a message via AIM to ammtd34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Well, it's not hard to figure out. Go to Max Preps, participating girls soccer teams. I counted to "J"...

602 in California, 418 on Ohio. It only stands to reason that a state with 38 million people will have more teams than a state with 11 million. How many of those teams have coaches registered in the NSCAA? Who knows. But I'll make it easy for you, since logic doesn't seem to be your strong point... are trying to argue that there are 3 times more high schools on Ohio than California? Because there are 3 times more AA from Ohio than California. That's a fact. The population numbers are a fact. What seems to be the issue with your logic is you're arguing a semantics based point of view while ignoring facts. Either us Ohio folks are bangin' out girls at three times the rate of California, their population numbers are incorrect, or their high schools don't participate in the NSCAA. Let's take the latter. Saying only 1/3 of them do, that would still mean that Ohio has three times the AA as them. No matter how you slice it, Ohio has more AA whether their participation numbers are the same or greater. To believe your premise, Ohio has 3 times the AA than California... and to make them equal that would mean only 3.5 million girls attend schools that participate in NSCAA... since Ohio only has 11 million. It's ridiculous lol.

Ohio has 11 million people and 3 times the AA of a state with 38 million (apparently only 3 million are in the NSCAA LOL).
Dude, take it up with the NSCAA. How am I supposed to know how many members each state has and when those members play their high school seasons? Secondly, why am I supposed to care?

I'm not trying to argue anything. The NSCAA puts their qualifications on their website. What would you like me to do about that?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-31-16, 11:20 AM
Possessed Possessed is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 603
Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
Dude, take it up with the NSCAA. How am I supposed to know how many members each state has and when those members play their high school seasons? Secondly, why am I supposed to care?

I'm not trying to argue anything. The NSCAA puts their qualifications on their website. What would you like me to do about that?
Dude... I don't care how you would know anything lol. I know that I went to Max Preps and counted the teams up to "J"... and California had roughly 30% more NSCAA teams just to that point. That's a fact, not sure what part of that math you don't get? Now.. and I'll type slow so you can understand... IF THEY ONLY HAVE 30% MORE TEAMS THAN OHIO it's still quite an accomplishment for Ohio to have right at 3 times the AS. Dude... how would you know how many teams in the NSCAA California has? Simple. I found it on Max Preps. The math is there. I showed you the math. Youre too lazy to look it up, I can't help that.

Like it or not, dude, by Max Preps count California has at least 30% more participating teams than Ohio, and Ohio ends up with three times more All Stars. And it's not just California.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-31-16, 02:11 PM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Gehinnom
Posts: 1,346
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
You are both Wrong !
Problem with California is that yes they have 38 Million people, But remember only 3.5 million are there Legally !

You didn't take that into account ?
Ignorant TRUMPetlike statement
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-04-17, 09:13 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,287
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Who cares. Mexicans can play. Major reason Cali kicks the Nations in youth soccer, year in, year out.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-04-17, 11:02 AM
Conan73 Conan73 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-10-16
Posts: 55
Conan73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Who cares. Mexicans can play. Major reason Cali kicks the Nations in youth soccer, year in, year out.
I like your point. However, I think that would apply more to the Boys, and not the Girls.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-06-17, 01:42 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 933
ammtd34
Send a message via AIM to ammtd34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Dude... I don't care how you would know anything lol. I know that I went to Max Preps and counted the teams up to "J"... and California had roughly 30% more NSCAA teams just to that point. That's a fact, not sure what part of that math you don't get? Now.. and I'll type slow so you can understand... IF THEY ONLY HAVE 30% MORE TEAMS THAN OHIO it's still quite an accomplishment for Ohio to have right at 3 times the AS. Dude... how would you know how many teams in the NSCAA California has? Simple. I found it on Max Preps. The math is there. I showed you the math. Youre too lazy to look it up, I can't help that.

Like it or not, dude, by Max Preps count California has at least 30% more participating teams than Ohio, and Ohio ends up with three times more All Stars. And it's not just California.

Please show me the link where Max Preps lists the coaches who are members of NSCAA.

I showed you another list with a wider distribution of All Americans. You seem preoccupied with proving to me that California should have more All Americans because it has more people. All I did was point you to the NSCAA's own description of the award. I'm not sure what you want me to do about it. I have nothing to do with the award.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-06-17, 01:53 PM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 302
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Now.. and I'll type slow so you can understand... IF THEY ONLY HAVE 30% MORE TEAMS THAN OHIO
Do all caps indicate typing speed? I never knew that, thanks dude!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-06-17, 02:02 PM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 302
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
The math is there. I showed you the math.


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-06-17, 02:05 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 933
ammtd34
Send a message via AIM to ammtd34
I found the answer after your first post in the thread, by the way. Once again, any information you needed was on the NSCAA site. I was just content to let you rant, though I'm not sure how posting the NSCAA's own requirements meant that I had a lack of comprehension or logical thought. There really wasn't a reason to count the number of teams on Max Preps.

The California state coaches association doesn't have NSCAA partnership. That's it.

http://www.nscaa.com/web/Membership/...ociations.aspx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
62% of Americans have less than $1000 in savings eastside_purple General Board 85 10-12-15 03:26 PM
Spain: 2 Americans, 1 Briton gored in 1st Pamplona bull run Yappi General Board 3 07-07-15 10:31 AM
Schoolboy greco all americans once again keithcarter Wrestling 2 06-04-15 05:12 PM
Congrats to the 21 Ohio All American's at NHSCA Donkability Wrestling 0 03-30-15 03:32 PM
57 Percent of Americans Say Only Kids Who Win Should Get Trophies Yappi General Board 25 08-21-14 09:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz