Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-30-18, 07:08 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,223
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
What's the turnover/outlook on Massillon's defense? We already know Longwell can put up the points, but the Tigers had some ugly points against last season. 46+ points allowed four times. That's not to say they were bad because those totals came against VERY good teams, but looking through the rest of the schedule it all still equated to just an average or mediocre defense.

That's the main thing that worries me with this Tigers team is a sense of overconfidence. Longwell should shred a Perry secondary on any given date, but one stinger or concussion and the game's blown wide open if last year's defense isn't improved. All the more important against teams better than Perry. Very interested to see how McConnell at DC does as he did great work at Jackson when he was there, was sorry to see him go.
8 starters back on D and that doesn’t include Thomas who can step in and play LB on any play. There is also many more guys who started or played a lot due to injuries. The D will be much improved especially in stopping the run which was the achilles heel last year.
  #62  
Old 06-30-18, 07:29 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,022
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
Boy, week 13 cant get here fast enough, lets hope Massillon doesnt choke this time around
I like your spunk but... what is your record vs. Massillon again?

I agree too bad we have to wait till week 13, and hope. Good luck should be fun.
  #63  
Old 06-30-18, 07:54 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,022
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
You hit the nail on the head J03. I highly doubt the D will be overconfident with the criticism they received, and fairly. But that is the key to next season. As TS points out a lot of returnees, but, ALOT of improvement needed also.

And fair of you to point out some of that is vs. the opponents. Allowing 6 pts to Albany, 7 v. Ashland, 15 v. McK, 10 v. St. V, 10 v. GO, seems "normal." But average defenses often give up 30-50 pts to a great offense, I don't care who you are. Bottom line our D has not been up to par and everyone knows it especially the coaches.
  #64  
Old 06-30-18, 10:39 AM
MassillonMike MassillonMike is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-05-15
Posts: 335
MassillonMike is on a distinguished road
Some of the big boys on the OL gonna be playing on the DL this year also?
  #65  
Old 06-30-18, 11:30 AM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,452
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
What's the turnover/outlook on Massillon's defense? We already know Longwell can put up the points, but the Tigers had some ugly points against last season. 46+ points allowed four times. That's not to say they were bad because those totals came against VERY good teams, but looking through the rest of the schedule it all still equated to just an average or mediocre defense.

That's the main thing that worries me with this Tigers team is a sense of overconfidence. Longwell should shred a Perry secondary on any given date, but one stinger or concussion and the game's blown wide open if last year's defense isn't improved. All the more important against teams better than Perry. Very interested to see how McConnell at DC does as he did great work at Jackson when he was there, was sorry to see him go.
Is McConnell still at Massillon? Dan Studer was just hired as Dean of Students and that's the position McConnell had been in.
  #66  
Old 06-30-18, 12:46 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,407
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Is McConnell still at Massillon? Dan Studer was just hired as Dean of Students and that's the position McConnell had been in.
If I read Twitter correctly he's going to be the Strength and Conditioning Coach, a la his father. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  #67  
Old 06-30-18, 12:53 PM
THE OWNER THE OWNER is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-15
Posts: 172
THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
If I read Twitter correctly he's going to be the Strength and Conditioning Coach, a la his father. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes but he will also be Dean of Students.
  #68  
Old 06-30-18, 01:19 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,270
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think Mackinbiner was asking if Studer would be Dean of Students, or what he would coach. Try to read past Studer, the question wasn't about him. He wanted to know if McConnell was still going to be DC since he would no longer be Dean of Students. Not hard to comprehend with an open mind. And even I don't like Mack yet understood what he meant.


  #69  
Old 06-30-18, 01:46 PM
THE OWNER THE OWNER is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-15
Posts: 172
THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
I don't think Mackinbiner was asking if Studer would be Dean of Students, or what he would coach. Try to read past Studer, the question wasn't about him. He wanted to know if McConnell was still going to be DC since he would no longer be Dean of Students. Not hard to comprehend with an open mind. And even I don't like Mack yet understood what he meant.


And if I was trying to answer Mack's question I would have quoted him and not Egret.
  #70  
Old 06-30-18, 01:51 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,776
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Holy Groundhog Day. Nothing ever changes.....
  #71  
Old 06-30-18, 04:16 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,270
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
And if I was trying to answer Mack's question I would have quoted him and not Egret.
Ok, but if Egret already read the twitter post, he knew that so you were stating the obvious, as that was the 1st thing mentioned that he was hired as Dean of Students and that he would be coach of the Football Strength and Conditioning program, I also read the post. Mack's question is legit, is McConnell still going to be the DC? The Dean of Students job added a lot more money for him, did they move him to another position of authority to justify the pay, or is he leaving? If you don't know, why not just say so, and if you do know, why not just say so? It'll all come out sooner or later either way.
  #72  
Old 07-02-18, 08:47 PM
GO DEEP GO DEEP is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-12-01
Posts: 658
GO DEEP
He'll still be around but wont be a coach I believe.
  #73  
Old 07-02-18, 10:19 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO DEEP View Post
He'll still be around but wont be a coach I believe.
So who’s going to be the DC?????
  #74  
Old 07-05-18, 08:05 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,776
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
You guys see this yet ?

https://sports.yahoo.com/tmz-raiders...141932336.html
  #75  
Old 07-05-18, 08:32 PM
firewatch firewatch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Posts: 3,803
firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Good for him.
  #76  
Old 07-05-18, 08:38 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,776
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
Good for him.
Yeah, he won't get much, if anything, from her. If he gets to give her the public shaming that her kind needs to see and fear, that's a great start.
  #77  
Old 07-05-18, 10:26 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,969
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Mrs. Coach Moore can't be thrilled about him shaming a woman. #girlpower
  #78  
Old 07-06-18, 03:35 AM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,839
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Yeah, he won't get much, if anything, from her. If he gets to give her the public shaming that her kind needs to see and fear, that's a great start.
I missed out on this whole thing when it happened and can't find anything online. Was she an extortionist or just unhinged or something? I see it didn't even get beyond a grand jury which in a rape case means they are VERY sure nothing happened.
  #79  
Old 07-07-18, 12:29 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,969
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
8 starters back on D and that doesn’t include Thomas who can step in and play LB on any play. There is also many more guys who started or played a lot due to injuries.
Sounds like no excuses not to end the decades long title drought.
  #80  
Old 07-07-18, 01:10 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,270
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Sounds like no excuses not to end the decades long title drought.
Take that sentence to an English teacher Mr. grammar police, see what grade they give you for it. Double negative, what a tool, you're a freaking idiot.

Last edited by Striker300; 07-07-18 at 04:22 PM.
  #81  
Old 07-07-18, 01:51 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Lessons to learn from this thread: Don’t refer to someone as an idiot if you don’t know the difference between “your” and” you’re” and don’t cast down English lessons while using fragmented sentences.

Cheers
  #82  
Old 07-07-18, 01:53 PM
GregG GregG is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-23-17
Posts: 298
GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
Take that sentence to an English teacher Mr. grammar police, see what grade they give your for it. Double negative, what a tool, you're a freaking idiot.
I’d give you a 65 for that debacle of what you just typed.
  #83  
Old 07-07-18, 07:56 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,223
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
I’d give you a 65 for that debacle of what you just typed.
Who did you have for English at WHS ?
  #84  
Old 07-07-18, 08:09 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,452
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Who did you have for English at WHS ?
Do you charge GregG for living in your head?
  #85  
Old 07-07-18, 08:29 PM
Striker300 Striker300 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-14-09
Posts: 3,270
Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Do you charge GregG for living in your head?

I'd ask the question but we all know the answer, Massillon Tigers live rent-free in your head.
  #86  
Old 07-07-18, 08:31 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 7,380
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
If the Tigers don't go undefeated and win a state title this year, it will be a gut-wrenching season for Tiger fans that will go down in history as an epic flop.
  #87  
Old 07-07-18, 09:01 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 11,022
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
If the Tigers don't go undefeated and win a state title this year, it will be a gut-wrenching season for Tiger fans that will go down in history as an epic flop.
Something a 12 year old would say for $200 Alex. Lol.

You're better than that AW.
  #88  
Old 07-07-18, 09:18 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 7,380
arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Something a 12 year old would say for $200 Alex. Lol.

You're better than that AW.
If you followed the Ignatius and Ed's threads, that sentence is made every season with the other school being named. I guess it's kind of an inside joke that only an Ignatius or Ed's fan would appreciate.
  #89  
Old 07-08-18, 06:22 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,969
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
Lessons to learn from this thread: Don’t refer to someone as an idiot if you don’t know the difference between “your” and” you’re” and don’t cast down English lessons while using fragmented sentences.

Cheers
It's a regular occurrence with Strikeout and FW. At least ten times. They need an ESL class at Massillon.
  #90  
Old 07-08-18, 06:25 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,969
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
If the Tigers don't go undefeated and win a state title this year, it will be a gut-wrenching season for Tiger fans that will go down in history as an epic flop.
Some people can't take a joke.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 18 11-28-18 11:02 AM
VASJ Football 2018 Thread C'Town216 Football 48 10-31-18 01:31 AM
Fitch Football 2018 falguin Football 34 02-19-18 03:50 PM
2017 Massillon Tiger Football DB135 Massillon Tigers 34 12-26-17 03:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz