Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-15-17, 07:37 PM
Freshman

Hoopsman25 is on a distinguished road
Coaches on the hot seat 🔥

What coaches are on the hot seat?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-17, 07:44 PM
Freshman

Have heard blanch at southern swat is very warm? Is this true?
Old 02-15-17, 08:24 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
This is a dumb thread. Take your agenda elsewhere.
Old 02-15-17, 10:51 PM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
I agree. This is high school athletics.
Old 02-16-17, 01:51 AM
All District

Red Right 88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsman25 View Post
Have heard blanch at southern swat is very warm? Is this true?
Heard the same thing, common knowledge. He's been told to play your son more or he'll be shown the door.
Old 02-16-17, 08:58 AM
Junior Varsity

OHIOVSTW419 is on a distinguished road
Solid first and second post. This seems like it should be on Facebook, not here
Old 02-16-17, 10:42 AM
Junior Varsity

USMC_Key is on a distinguished road
Why! Why start this thread!?
Old 02-16-17, 11:33 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands View Post
I agree. This is high school athletics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOVSTW419 View Post
Solid first and second post. This seems like it should be on Facebook, not here
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Key View Post
Why! Why start this thread!?
My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-16-17, 11:50 AM
All American

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Mods shut this stupid thread down!
Old 02-16-17, 01:31 PM
Varsity

summit county player is on a distinguished road
These responses are exactly why there are so many weak coaches out there! Whats that mean its high school athletics? So lets just anybody coach the team? If there are no incentives for winning and no consequences for losing why even play the games?? Why even compete?
Old 02-16-17, 02:01 PM
All Ohio

Look Ma No Hands is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by summit county player View Post
These responses are exactly why there are so many weak coaches out there! Whats that mean its high school athletics? So lets just anybody coach the team? If there are no incentives for winning and no consequences for losing why even play the games?? Why even compete?
This thread has nothing to do with why there are "weak" coaches. Every fan in the stands is already an "expert." Especially the parents. You don't have to work hard at a game to find these expert opinions. They are all there. And yes, there is pressure to succeed from administration as well. This thread certainly adds no additional pressure to any coach. The "high school" reference (compared to college and pros) refers to a number of factors. Things like: A) the "salary" differences (this is a small side-job for coaches, who get paid for their season but work year-round), B) the fact that in high school the "educational value" of athletics is to be considered more than just winning games, etc., and C) are high school coaching jobs supposed to be high visibility jobs like college and pro jobs, where every breath is over-analyzed? When a coach takes a college or pro coaching gig, they know they are jumping into the fire. But high school? Really?

So you are OK with a thread that suggests that a small-town, likely family-oriented man or woman should lose his/her job? Do you have a thread for teachers? Plumbers? Dentists?

You are OK with a thread that allows any numbskull with no expertise (or possibly any first-hand knowledge) to get on a public forum and hide behind a fake name to bash someone for whatever their reason (agenda was the word used)?

And more specifically, this "Hoopsman25" who joined Yappi just to start this thread with this being his first post ever and acts like he is just curious for all of our opinions. And then literally 7 minutes later offers the first suggestion about who should lose their job. Seriously? Cmon!

And if you want to know why there are so many weak coaches out there, its not because of this thread. It's because parents don't want "strong" coaches. These strong coaches just might expect something out of little Johnny. As entitled parents they make phone calls about their entitled child. Johnny doesn't do anything wrong. He should start even though he's never worked at it. The strongest coaches might survive. Maybe.

My $0.02.
Old 02-16-17, 02:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Yes, SCP, that is exactly what these replies mean. How you can interpret those replies into what you think is beyond me...

It simply means that if there is an issue with a coach, or even the coach's job, taking to Yappi isn't the right forum....
Old 02-16-17, 02:05 PM
Junior Varsity

Wow!!! Well said, "Look Ma No Hands"!!!!! Perfectly said!
Old 02-16-17, 02:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands View Post
This thread has nothing to do with why there are "weak" coaches. Every fan in the stands is already an "expert." Especially the parents. You don't have to work hard at a game to find these expert opinions. They are all there. And yes, there is pressure to succeed from administration as well. This thread certainly adds no additional pressure to any coach. The "high school" reference (compared to college and pros) refers to a number of factors. Things like: A) the "salary" differences (this is a small side-job for coaches, who get paid for their season but work year-round), B) the fact that in high school the "educational value" of athletics is to be considered more than just winning games, etc., and C) are high school coaching jobs supposed to be high visibility jobs like college and pro jobs, where every breath is over-analyzed? When a coach takes a college or pro coaching gig, they know they are jumping into the fire. But high school? Really?

So you are OK with a thread that suggests that a small-town, likely family-oriented man or woman should lose his/her job? Do you have a thread for teachers? Plumbers? Dentists?

You are OK with a thread that allows any numbskull with no expertise (or possibly any first-hand knowledge) to get on a public forum and hide behind a fake name to bash someone for whatever their reason (agenda was the word used)?

And more specifically, this "Hoopsman25" who joined Yappi just to start this thread with this being his first post ever and acts like he is just curious for all of our opinions. And then literally 7 minutes later offers the first suggestion about who should lose their job. Seriously? Cmon!

And if you want to know why there are so many weak coaches out there, its not because of this thread. It's because parents don't want "strong" coaches. These strong coaches just might expect something out of little Johnny. As entitled parents they make phone calls about their entitled child. Johnny doesn't do anything wrong. He should start even though he's never worked at it. The strongest coaches might survive. Maybe.

My $0.02.
Old 02-16-17, 02:24 PM
Varsity

summit county player is on a distinguished road
I agree well put!
Old 02-16-17, 03:11 PM
Freshman

Just to let you know, the website for all of them is Angie's list. There are many websites that show if these doctors or any field is good. So get your facts straight. Also websites like rate my teachers are out there and get many hits. Also it is public knowledge on any teacher reprimanded or their school email. I hope you do some research next time you post. But you did your research on me but nothing else. 👍🏻
Old 02-16-17, 03:55 PM
All Yappi

Well said, Look Ma No Hands.

Quote:
Just to let you know, the website for all of them is Angie's list. There are many websites that show if these doctors or any field is good. So get your facts straight. Also websites like rate my teachers are out there and get many hits. Also it is public knowledge on any teacher reprimanded or their school email. I hope you do some research next time you post. But you did your research on me but nothing else. ����
Old 02-16-17, 04:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Just to let you know, the website for all of them is Angie's list. There are many websites that show if these doctors or any field is good. So get your facts straight. Also websites like rate my teachers are out there and get many hits. Also it is public knowledge on any teacher reprimanded or their school email. I hope you do some research next time you post. But you did your research on me but nothing else. 👍🏻
what?
Old 02-16-17, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

I think Hoopsman25's post would have been more well received had he started a thread about a specific school and coach, and go into (and invite) detail as to what that coach has done well and not so well, etc., potentially leading that coach being on the proverbial "hot seat."

But by starting the thread as, "Coaches on the hot seat" and asking a general question, openly inviting people to talk negatively about coaches who are all still employed, who they think should not be employed as coaches, and then immediately showing that his real agenda was one coach in particular... that's the part that is annoying, to be honest.
Old 02-16-17, 04:09 PM
All District

IcyCoolDevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Please reference the thread on the Football page entitled 'Ohio Continues with InsideOut Initiative to combat "Win-at-all-costs" Sports Mentality.
Old 02-16-17, 04:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Before I rip you, let me give you a chance. What are you defining as winning and losing.
Old 02-16-17, 05:00 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Old 02-16-17, 11:10 PM
Varsity

NotCharlesBarkley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe the coaches at the privates schools used to going down to states every year, lol. Or teachers that coach in a school outside of their home district.

The public schools usually have a union contract that gives priorities to their own teachers as coaches. Unless these coaches do something really stupid, it's almost too painful to fire them after a bad season and then see them in the halls everyday.

I liked the thread better on who were the best coaches, not the ones who are about to get fired. Most of these try pretty hard and want to win. But they can only win with what the parents give them to work with and some years, there isn't much.
Old 02-17-17, 09:32 AM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Great thread, I think this is a must. You have some coaches stealing money. If Dente doesn't win districts I think he will feel that seat on fire.
Old 02-17-17, 09:33 AM
All World

Quote:
:c lap:
Old 02-17-17, 10:21 AM
Junior Varsity

They are right. There are sites out there that rate doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. Those sites are open to rating and those doctors, lawyers, and teachers are named by names and take the public criticism.

With that being said, I believe that this should be a two way street. If you're going to call out coaches (or doctors, lawyers) for being on the hot seat, you should attach your name to it....'

So, BigWorm and Hoopsman... what are your real first and last names? Please post them. If you're serious about this post, you will have no qualms placing your name to the complaint.

Please state your first and last names....
Old 02-17-17, 12:20 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Key View Post
They are right. There are sites out there that rate doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. Those sites are open to rating and those doctors, lawyers, and teachers are named by names and take the public criticism.

With that being said, I believe that this should be a two way street. If you're going to call out coaches (or doctors, lawyers) for being on the hot seat, you should attach your name to it....'

So, BigWorm and Hoopsman... what are your real first and last names? Please post them. If you're serious about this post, you will have no qualms placing your name to the complaint.

Please state your first and last names....

Why would I post my name? I would not be able to bash coaches anonymously and still be able to hang around them. They would know who I was
Old 02-17-17, 12:23 PM
All World

Those who want this shutdown are the ones I used to shove in their lockers when I was in school.
Old 02-17-17, 12:25 PM
All District

team all in is on a distinguished road
As a taxpayer that's pays these ridiculous coaching salaries I don't see why we can't use their names? I also like the guy calling out the other guy wanting his name while he hides behind his screen name.
Old 02-17-17, 12:37 PM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
The ridiculous coaching salaries?!?!?!?!

Maybe at some schools, but most times coaches are underpaid for all of the scrutiny and time that they put in combined with parent and community expectations.