Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: VASJ @ St Vincent-St Mary (2/15)
VASJ 7 24.14%
St Vincent-St Mary 22 75.86%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-17, 10:17 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Who wins: VASJ @ St Vincent-St Mary (2/15)

Wednesday (2/15)

VASJ @ St Vincent-St Mary
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-17, 10:32 PM
Freshman

HoopsREagles is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll take the Irish at home.
Old 02-14-17, 02:24 PM
All Ohio

Enigma77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsREagles View Post
I'll take the Irish at home.
St. V by 5-7 points.
Old 02-14-17, 02:35 PM
Varsity

Blackman is on a distinguished road
Toss up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-17, 03:52 PM
All District

CleveHoopFan08 is on a distinguished road
Neutral court....toss up.

At St V's . . . . SVSM by 6-10. Refs won't let it get closer than that. Lol
Old 02-14-17, 04:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveHoopFan08 View Post

Already...c'mon...
Old 02-14-17, 08:45 PM
All District

Paydirt is on a distinguished road
St v by 12-15.
Old 02-14-17, 09:31 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma77 View Post
Already...c'mon...
Lol...couldn't resist

Old 02-15-17, 08:00 AM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
Joe's is getting healthy and are playing pretty good. Should be a good game but for whatever reason the Irish play really well against VASJ. I will be attending the game in hopes of seeing a Viking win but my gut tells me SVSM in a close one.
Old 02-15-17, 03:21 PM
All American

Maybe the Vikings can catch the Irish looking ahead to Jackson.
Old 02-15-17, 08:14 PM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Halftime

SVSM 28
VASJ 27
Old 02-15-17, 09:04 PM
All World

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Final

VASJ 57
SVSM 56

Buzzer beater by Butler for VASJ

Awesome game
Old 02-15-17, 10:09 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Wow! A little surprised by this outcome. Sounds like it was a great one.
Old 02-15-17, 10:22 PM
All American

Absolutely awesome high school game - with the exception of the SVSM fan in the top row who never shuts up, incredibly annoying. SVSM had trouble with the Vikings height and the Vikings had trouble with the Irish quickness. Joe's really played good defense down the stretch and responded with a perfectly executed inbound play after SVSM made a HUGE 3 to take the lead with 7sec left. The Irish had two guys on Higgins and Joe's fooled them by using Will Butler instead. Great great high school game. Vikings first win there since 1997. Joe's is steamrolling into the playoffs.
Old 02-15-17, 11:04 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, nice Viking win. Here is the game summary.

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.co...-at-no-2-stvm/
Old 02-16-17, 07:47 AM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Absolutely awesome high school game - with the exception of the SVSM fan in the top row who never shuts up, incredibly annoying. SVSM had trouble with the Vikings height and the Vikings had trouble with the Irish quickness. Joe's really played good defense down the stretch and responded with a perfectly executed inbound play after SVSM made a HUGE 3 to take the lead with 7sec left. The Irish had two guys on Higgins and Joe's fooled them by using Will Butler instead. Great great high school game. Vikings first win there since 1997. Joe's is steamrolling into the playoffs.
He annoys quite a few Irish fans as well! But he means well. He's never abusive towards the other team. But he IS relentless!
Old 02-16-17, 07:52 AM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Great game! Congratulations to VASJ. That was a great HS basketball game even though my Irish came up on the losing end last night. The Irish's Achilles heal this year is their lack of size. I fear that may cost them somewhere down the line. But as far as last night was concerned, you couldn't ask for more than what both teams gave you. And the young man from VASJ made a difficult shot under a pressure situation. The Irish defended it pretty well., You take the main option out of the play, but good teams have more than one guy who can step up and hit the big shot, as VASJ proved last night! Great shot, great game and a great win for VASJ. Congratulations. Good luck in the tournament.
Old 02-16-17, 09:02 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveHoopFan08 View Post

Hmmm...
Old 02-16-17, 09:04 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma77 View Post
Hmmm...
good one. Must say you got me! Sounds like it was a great game.
Old 02-16-17, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
...- with the exception of the SVSM fan in the top row who never shuts up, incredibly annoying. ....
Every school has at least one! Some have several.

:>---

xxxxA
Old 02-16-17, 12:59 PM
Varsity

CCA Fan is on a distinguished road
To all Babe Haters

See last night
See last year District finals

Babe can coach up and he is a great closer.
Old 02-16-17, 02:23 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Old 02-16-17, 02:44 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
On that last play, the soph was supposed to move off Higgins over to Butler, but he was too late in executing. Butler made a great shot. He really is a great player, fun to watch. His size belies his speed and basketball abilities. No disrespect meant, he's built like a football player.

In my opinion, SVSM looked lethargic early. Maybe tired from the game the night before?? Granted Walsh was no threat, however rivalry games can take a toll. Regardless, the Irish couldn't counter the Vikings height.

It was a great game. Good luck to Joes the rest of the way.
Old 02-16-17, 06:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
He annoys quite a few Irish fans as well! But he means well. He's never abusive towards the other team. But he IS relentless!
He was not mean natured at all. He just has a voice that goes right through you. He does like to speak while the opposing team is shooting foul shots. That is home court advantage IMO. Just the fact he was two rows behind me made it a bit annoying. He never let up JV and Varsity.
Old 02-16-17, 07:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Great game! Congratulations to VASJ. That was a great HS basketball game even though my Irish came up on the losing end last night. The Irish's Achilles heal this year is their lack of size. I fear that may cost them somewhere down the line. But as far as last night was concerned, you couldn't ask for more than what both teams gave you. And the young man from VASJ made a difficult shot under a pressure situation. The Irish defended it pretty well., You take the main option out of the play, but good teams have more than one guy who can step up and hit the big shot, as VASJ proved last night! Great shot, great game and a great win for VASJ. Congratulations. Good luck in the tournament.
Now that this game is over - good luck Irish. Last night I got to watch the two most successful programs in the modern era that Ohio has to offer play their butts off. Both teams played the game the right way and gave it all it had. There was no taunting or dirty play. There is a mutual respect when greatness plays greatness. The fans were stunned they lost - but very hospitable. Good luck in the post season and with a bit of luck maybe we can have some beers in Columbus.
Old 02-16-17, 09:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Now that this game is over - good luck Irish. Last night I got to watch the two most successful programs in the modern era that Ohio has to offer play their butts off. Both teams played the game the right way and gave it all it had. There was no taunting or dirty play. There is a mutual respect when greatness plays greatness. The fans were stunned they lost - but very hospitable. Good luck in the post season and with a bit of luck maybe we can have some beers in Columbus.
I think the Irish fans saw early on that it was going to be a neck and neck game therefore I disagree they were stunned. Disappointed yes, but knew the loss was to a quality opponent. Bummed at the end because Jayvon had made the great shot to put them ahead at the 7.3 sec mark. From elation to disappointment in 6 seconds.
Old 02-16-17, 10:16 PM
All American

That was a gutsy shot by Jayvon because a 3 was not needed and I'm not so sure VASJ wins the game if it goes to OT. The Vikings beat Beachwood last year in the final 7secs in the district final on the exact same play. I was really impressed with some of the young JV players SVSM had. I was surprised to see several were freshman. The curly haired 9th grader who one handed the baseline ally oop is going to be really good. The Vikings sophomore class is loaded as well so it looks like both programs are not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 02-16-17, 10:39 PM
All World

Quote:
That was a gutsy shot by Jayvon because a 3 was not needed and I'm not so sure VASJ wins the game if it goes to OT. The Vikings beat Beachwood last year in the final 7secs in the district final on the exact same play. I was really impressed with some of the young JV players SVSM had. I was surprised to see several were freshman. The curly haired 9th grader who one handed the baseline ally oop is going to be really good. The Vikings sophomore class is loaded as well so it looks like both programs are not going anywhere anytime soon.
The fans around us last night were wondering what's in the water up your way to grow the kids so tall. We'd like some of that height down here.

The young player of which you refer was the top player in APS last year. His home high school is North so it's understandable that he did not want to play there. He middle schooled at the STEM school, so SVSM is a good fit for him both academically and athletically. Of course, he could have open enrolled to Firestone but chose not to.
Old 02-16-17, 11:06 PM
All American

Between the 6'8 sophomore Gaffney and the two kids on JV it's very possible Joe's will have 4 kids 6'6 or taller that can really play next year - along with 3 pretty good guards (including Higgins). Joe's plays all the best teams much like SVSM does for one reason - March. Banners are not won with luck, they are earned and the only way to get ready is by using the regular season to push and test yourself. The regular season does not mean crap to us VASJ fans and I'm sure the Irish fans feel much the same.

I did not see much height on the JV Irish squad but I did see some athletes. If any of those young kids sprout up you guys are going to really be a handful the next few years. You guys have a tough one on Friday, good luck.
Old 02-17-17, 12:23 AM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
On that last play, the soph was supposed to move off Higgins over to Butler, but he was too late in executing. Butler made a great shot. He really is a great player, fun to watch. His size belies his speed and basketball abilities. No disrespect meant, he's built like a football player.

In my opinion, SVSM looked lethargic early. Maybe tired from the game the night before?? Granted Walsh was no threat, however rivalry games can take a toll. Regardless, the Irish couldn't counter the Vikings height.

It was a great game. Good luck to Joes the rest of the way.
Thanks SeeYa! Good luck to the Irish. Hopefully both teams are back in Columbus.

By the way, the head football coach (and others) have been telling Butler he's a football player since his freshman year.