Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-12-17, 08:00 PM
All District

Scibourne is on a distinguished road
Central District D1 Brackets

http://www.cdab.org/sports/bk/boys/2017/bd1brkt17.pdf

A rather too heavy region this year with Newark and Pick Central as the clear 1 & 2. Bradley, UA, W. South and Northland at the next level. A big drop off after that. Observations about the brackets:
1. Bradley (3), UA (4), Northland (5) and Groveport (7) in the same district. Wow! No fear of Bradley. However Bradley is well coached and an excellent defensive team. Still, UA is the team to beat in my opinion.
2. Westerville South (6) got a ridiculously easy draw and should make regionals. Don't let the record fool you, South is still South and you don't mess with the defending state champions.
3. Hard to pick a dark house but keep an eye on Pickerington North (9). They are battle tested with a rugged schedule. Any OCC Ohio team will be trouble especially Gahanna who may be overlooked. They are young but talented.

Eager to hear your thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-17, 08:22 AM
Junior Varsity

Hawkster is on a distinguished road
Looks like a rather disappointing district tournament. Only bracket #1 will be contested with Hilliard Bradley, Upper Arlington, and Northland in it.
Newark, Pickerington Central, and Westerville South should walk through their brackets easily.
Old 02-14-17, 08:53 PM
All District

Scibourne is on a distinguished road
Pick North could give Newark a real battle and St. Charles has a 6'11 guy to go against South's Kaleb Wesson. Reynoldsburg beat South earlier in the year. Still, Newark and South will be heavy favorites to win their districts. Pick Central will not be challenged at all in their district. Not the depth that we had last year in the Central District. Will the state champion come out of Central Ohio?
Old 02-16-17, 05:26 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
I think a Newark/Pickerington North district final would be pretty good. I saw Picktown North at Flying to the Hoop, and they looked like a worthy opponent to me.

It is interesting that everyone bailed out of Picktown Central's bracket. It's not as if the Tigers have blown out everyone. It's as if Sullinger has returned to Northland or something.

I also think a Westerville South/St. Charles district final would be interesting as well.

I believe the district finals will be every bit as good as last year, and there are several teams that are state title contenders. Just as a reminder, here's the bracket from last year.

http://brackets.myohsaa.org/regional...ts=15065&not=4