Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-17, 10:21 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
"Go Hunt America"

So, if you're a hunter check this out and tell me your thoughts. A very good friend of mine from our service days built this app that locates hunting land. I guess the way it works is you sign up and it connects you with land owners in different areas that will let you hunt their land for a fee. Kind of a cool concept for the city guy always looking for a place to hunt.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-17, 10:42 AM
All Ohio

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Great Idea but it takes away part of the whole experience.
Nothing like driving down a long lane and pulling up to a total strangers residence...you get out and see how much of a animal whisperer you are with a couple German shepherds coming fast. Dog are usually a good judge of character and the owners often trust their dogs. I met some real nice people that way...and a few not so much!
Old 02-11-17, 11:46 AM
Cooling Off

Uncle Ted is on a distinguished road
It's a bad idea. People are leasing out there places to hunt now and the only people able to afford to lease the land is people with expendable income. I know of a few guys that had a place to hunt, close to a 1000 acres. They were kicked off because a group of guys offered to buy the hunting rights per year at $5k. They live in Michigan and come here to hunt. By the way this place is ten minutes from my house. But anyway, it basically drives up the price to hunt to the point to where most true hunters can't afford to hunt private property. Another down fall in charging is the laws, as it is right now, landowners allow and sign a permission slip for joe blow to hunt, the law is on the land owners side if the hunter gets hurt. The reason for that is the DNR is trying to keep in check deer populations and if landowners are afraid of lawsuits then they won't let you hunt. Once a landowner charges people to hunt his place that all goes out the window. The landowner is now liable if an injury occurs on the property.
Old 02-11-17, 12:57 PM
Cooling Off

I'll ask him about that stuff and get back to you Ted. It seems to be taking off, as some big shot guy from Yahoo or something went partners with him and seems to think it'll be worth a good chunk later.
Old 02-11-17, 01:08 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
This sort of thing, and canoeing or hiking websites, can lead to a ton of misinformation and trespassing. Pizzes me off no end. Full of f'ing entitled a-holes, and morons that believe the first thing they read. Seldom any filter for user/contributors in most cases by my experience.
Old 02-11-17, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
It's a bad idea. People are leasing out there places to hunt now and the only people able to afford to lease the land is people with expendable income. I know of a few guys that had a place to hunt, close to a 1000 acres. They were kicked off because a group of guys offered to buy the hunting rights per year at $5k. They live in Michigan and come here to hunt. By the way this place is ten minutes from my house. But anyway, it basically drives up the price to hunt to the point to where most true hunters can't afford to hunt private property. Another down fall in charging is the laws, as it is right now, landowners allow and sign a permission slip for joe blow to hunt, the law is on the land owners side if the hunter gets hurt. The reason for that is the DNR is trying to keep in check deer populations and if landowners are afraid of lawsuits then they won't let you hunt. Once a landowner charges people to hunt his place that all goes out the window. The landowner is now liable if an injury occurs on the property.
Public land should stay public.

If a person and/or his family has paid taxes on land that they purchased, they should be able to do what they want if it does not impact neighbors.
Old 02-11-17, 01:26 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
This sort of thing, and canoeing or hiking websites, can lead to a ton of misinformation and trespassing. Pizzes me off no end. Full of f'ing entitled a-holes, and morons that believe the first thing they read. Seldom any filter for user/contributors in most cases by my experience.
I thought the canoeing was different in creeks and rivers as it's a waterway? I've done quite a bit of canoeing all through Ohio down small rivers and such and never had any problems. In fact, a couple buddies and me used to take our Jeeps down a large creek not far from here in the summer and 4 wheel up and down it through many farms and nobody said anything. I'm just asking because I really didn't not know.
Old 02-11-17, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
I thought the canoeing was different in creeks and rivers as it's a waterway? I've done quite a bit of canoeing all through Ohio down small rivers and such and never had any problems. In fact, a couple buddies and me used to take our Jeeps down a large creek not far from here in the summer and 4 wheel up and down it through many farms and nobody said anything. I'm just asking because I really didn't not know.
The environmental whackos will lose their minds if they see the jeep slaughtering crayfish and salamanders! Beware!!

Canoeing often leads to portage, and beer cans, and mischief. Sometimes it's reconnoiter. Think of it like squirrel hunting to scout trails. In and of itself, though, no problem.
Old 02-11-17, 01:44 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
The environmental whackos will lose their minds if they see the jeep slaughtering crayfish and salamanders! Beware!!

Canoeing often leads to portage, and beer cans, and mischief. Sometimes it's reconnoiter. Think of it like squirrel hunting to scout trails. In and of itself, though, no problem.
We try not to port unless it's a good swimming hole. Really the only problem we ever had was one old dude came up on a gator and started yelling, then apologized because he thought we were a bunch of drunk kids he ran off before lol. He was pretty nice after we talked for a minute.

PS is changing my oil in the creek without a bucket bad?
Old 02-11-17, 04:43 PM
Cooling Off

You are fine canoeing on any Creek or river. People don't own the waterway, it's when untouchable get out of your boat and step on land. People do own the ground. So jeeping down a creek would most likely have you trespassing.
Old 02-11-17, 04:45 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Public land should stay public.

If a person and/or his family has paid taxes on land that they purchased, they should be able to do what they want if it does not impact neighbors.
There is public land you can hunt and be pretty successful. The problem is you don't know who your going to run into out there. Lots of dumb azzes.
Old 02-11-17, 04:47 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
I'll ask him about that stuff and get back to you Ted. It seems to be taking off, as some big shot guy from Yahoo or something went partners with him and seems to think it'll be worth a good chunk later.
It will probably take off. I am just not a fan of the road it's going down. Some city slicker like ep leases these places out just to act like he is an outsdoorsman.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: