Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-17, 10:15 AM
All American

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Breakfast

Do you eat it? Are you one of those people that have to eat, eat it as a point of health, or simply aren't that hungry in the morning? I'm about 50/50. Slept in until 930 or so, just had some pot roast and gravy over bread. So if you do eat it, what's your typical meal? Eggs and bacon tradition or small pack of chocolate doughnuts at the gas station on the way to work?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-17, 11:04 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Do you eat it? Are you one of those people that have to eat, eat it as a point of health, or simply aren't that hungry in the morning? I'm about 50/50. Slept in until 930 or so, just had some pot roast and gravy over bread. So if you do eat it, what's your typical meal? Eggs and bacon tradition or small pack of chocolate doughnuts at the gas station on the way to work?
I have to eat breakfast or I get nauseous by 11am. I simply have a bowl of cereal before work.
Old 02-11-17, 11:12 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Breakfast rocks! My favorite meal to eat at other times of the day too especially omelettes. Can also be the most tasty "light" meal by using egg whites, turkey sausage, canadian bacon, and whole grain breads.
Old 02-11-17, 11:13 AM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Eggs and oatmeal, sometimes Greek yogurt with cereal. 90% of the time I get a run/ride in the the early am, so having something in my stomach helps me get through it. I usually follow up with a protein shake post workout.
Old 02-11-17, 12:00 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Eggs and oatmeal, sometimes Greek yogurt with cereal. 90% of the time I get a run/ride in the the early am, so having something in my stomach helps me get through it. I usually follow up with a protein shake post workout.
I didn't peg you as the healthy/work out type
Old 02-11-17, 12:05 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Most mornings: Coffee and a bagel (lightly buttered).
Old 02-11-17, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Always breakfast. Must have.

Always eggs, usually fried for all but the youngest - scrambled preferred, not always delivered. Always OJ. Always food-based multi-vitamin, fish oil, extra C (calcium ascorbate 500 capsule), glucosamine w/MSM for the wife and I. Always Irish oats for me during the week. I put a half cup dry oats and a bottle of spring water in a pan in the fridge every night when I fill the coffee maker. I start my oats when I start on eggs for the boys. Black coffee.

They're wanting sandwiches lately - 2 pan-scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese on wheat toast, but they'll be back on frozen waffles. Mondays they toast leftover pancakes or french toast from Sat/Sun. If there is something like burrito/fajita guts left over, or fried potatoes, maybe an omelette of some sort. You can put anything in an egg pocket with some cheese. When my oats are close to done, I'll add frozen blueberries or strawberries, maybe craisins, and the lid. I'll mix the oats with a smashed banana in a big bowl, maybe some yogurt also.

Weekends at home are fried gold potatoes (w/ skin on, sometimes sausage gravy) or blueberry/banana pancakes, and eggs, or french toast - with sausage or bacon or ham, and whatever fruit the wife has cut up, maybe yogurt, usually FOB Dannon.

Summer baseball season, the hotels are picked as much by the "complimentary" breakfast as anything else.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 02-11-17 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-11-17, 01:01 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
I have to eat breakfast or I get nauseous by 11am. I simply have a bowl of cereal before work.
Cereal makes me insanely hungry by 9am. If I'm late and have cereal, I have to have a protein bar or something on hand. I'm more inclined to eat cereal at night.
Old 02-11-17, 01:06 PM
All World

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Got into Greek yogurt recently for breakfast, good stuff!
Old 02-11-17, 03:16 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Got into Greek yogurt recently for breakfast, good stuff!
Yeah, I eat Fage yogurt mixed with raspberry jam and Nature's Path Heritage Flakes. I also eat Siggi's Icelandic skyr yogurt, which packs more protein than Greek yogert and honestly tastes like a desert.

http://siggisdairy.com
Old 02-11-17, 03:30 PM
All Ohio

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This was me well into my 30's. I used to think it was strange to feel that nausea when your stomach's empty. As my metabolism slowed, that feeling went away in the morning.

Now that I'm retired I don't eat cereal every day. If I do I add blueberries and strawberries. On alternate days it's a hard-boiled egg with a slice of ham, other days I'll use my juicer and do an apple with spinach, carrots, and celery, then eat the pulp with some salad dressing.

But no morning passes by without a couple mugs of good coffee.
Old 02-11-17, 03:36 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
I pretty much do intermittant fasting for 18 months or so. I eat something small early afternoon...1 or so, and then a bigger meal at 8.

With my different schedule now and only limited times teh chow hall open I have been eating a light lunch around noon and a bigger meal around 6pm.

Works very well for me and when I am in situations where eating 3 meals is "customary" it find it very difficult to do so and feel that is way too often to eat
Old 02-11-17, 04:04 PM
All World

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, I eat Fage yogurt mixed with raspberry jam and Nature's Path Heritage Flakes. I also eat Siggi's Icelandic skyr yogurt, which packs more protein than Greek yogert and honestly tastes like a desert.

http://siggisdairy.com
Thanks for the tip will definitely give it a try
Old 02-11-17, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Weekdays: eggs or bar/cereal and fruit
Weekends: eggs, bacon, cereal ... sometimes pancakes

Breakfast is the best, btw
Old 02-11-17, 05:52 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I OD'd on cereal as a kid and teenager. I used to eat cereal morning, noon and night. Now, I rarely eat it and never for breakfast.

I start mornings with a half-pot o' java and usually a bagel, but sometimes an English muffin or frozen waffles or even a couple Pop-Tarts or Toaster Pastries...or just plain toast. And the good ole Dayton Daily News. It's too much effort to make eggs every morning.

I do love a big breakfast at Bob Evans (omelette, bacon or sausage, hash browns) or Frisch's breakfast buffet though...that's more of a weekend treat.
Old 02-11-17, 06:47 PM
All Ohio

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
I went from not eating breakfast at all for years to eating toast and juice on the way to work to eating cereal and juice at home. I improved!

I now alternate between eggs (scrambled/over easy) and bacon/maple sausage (three strips or links) and juice (OJ/grape), and raisin oatmeal and juice.

Looking for a third/forth option for variety. Some great ideas here. Thanks.
Old 02-11-17, 07:07 PM
All Region

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
This morning it was an apple, ham, and eggs.
Old 02-11-17, 07:40 PM
All American

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Weekdays a bowl of Raisen Bran with bananas if they're ripe. Sometimes a PB&J. Weekends Saturday is usually just some left over. Sunday is "breakfast day" around here. The wife makes pancakes, Maple bacon, eggs and fried potatoes. On request she'll make egg-n-a-holes. One of my favorites.
Old 02-11-17, 08:14 PM
All American

4cards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Mon/Fri I usually have a bagel or English muffin at work with my coffee like mid morning. On weekends I love to have breakfast (waffles, pancakes, omelettes) doesn't matter, any of those are good for me.
Old 02-11-17, 08:55 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
Monday through Friday, Honey Nut Cheerios before heading out, then a fruit cup and applesauce about 9:00.
Old 02-11-17, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Monday-Friday: lemon water, lots of coffee, fruit w/bagel or whole wheat toast.
Weekends: ALL OUT. Pancakes or Trader Joe waffles, fruit, scrambled eggs (brown, organic), or sautéed red potatoes with fresh herbs, red onions in a frittata.

Favorite Breakfast/Brunch restaurants--The Sleepy Bee, hands down. I did just try Wild Eggs recently. Good food, terrible service, BUT in all fairness...it's a new spot so I'll give them time to hopefully, work out the kinks.
Old 02-11-17, 11:01 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
Monday through Friday, Honey Nut Cheerios before heading out, then a fruit cup and applesauce about 9:00.
Old 02-11-17, 11:33 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Bagel and orange juice. Will also eat a small dish of cottage cheese if available, but it's unavailable more often than not.

Will sometimes substitute generic Pop Tarts for bagel if in a big hurry.
Old 02-12-17, 07:37 AM
All Ohio

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Healthy cereal, oatmeal, or an English muffin with peanut butter. Occasionally will make eggs/sausage etc on the weekend.
Old 02-12-17, 09:41 AM
All Ohio

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Unless my wife gets with it and makes what we call something special, I eat a bowl of cereal and coffee. My child hood favorite, Cheerios are still my favorite.
Old 02-12-17, 10:49 AM
All Region

Tom.OH is on a distinguished road
I ate my bowl of cereal (Cheerios) this morning. Will have honey nut tomorrow. Sometimes eggs or pancakes. Remember breakfast is one of the 3 most important meals of the day...
Old 02-12-17, 07:39 PM
All Ohio

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Unless my wife gets with it and makes what we call something special, I eat a bowl of cereal and coffee. My child hood favorite, Cheerios are still my favorite.
With or without sugar? As a kid, I always added two - or three - spoonfuls. Adult: eat them like a man - plain.

Remember when we used sugar (there were no artificial sweeteners) and we stayed slender?
Old 02-12-17, 10:51 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Coffee
Old 02-12-17, 10:53 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by troytrojan05 View Post
coffee
+1
Old 02-12-17, 10:55 PM