Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-13-17, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Beyoncé has packed on some LB's, she looks like a fat Cleopatra
I thought she was pregnant? You probably already know that.
Old 02-13-17, 03:06 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
2017 Grammys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Wait a minute Skippy. Is it the pasty old white people voting down your fringe hard rap or is it the mainstream poppy rap that is loved by teenagers on pop radio... Which one is it?

Motörhead is considered one of the greatest rock bands of all time by many. But their fringe hard rock. Metallica never got any acclaim until they went mainstream. You seem to be forgetting like anything else the more mainstream something is the more popular it is and the more votes it gets. You want boutique artsie fartsie critiques of rap or any other music as "art" and hand out awards and such, you need to start something like the Sundance Film Festival where a movie Mike get big credits from "film majors" but flop at the theaters.

BTW, I'm still waiting on that head count of pasty old white dudes in the Academy trippin' up your game.

It's both and I've said as such both in here and throughout the years. And I brought up rock /metal too

People can vote for any category regardless of their knowledge. So those unknowledgeable people look at sales and that favors poppy teenage rap So the ignorant voters and the way they get to their conclusions show both to be the case

For someone who claims others to be racist you sure have a problem letting this go. Why don't you give me a head count of the race of the people to prove your point ? Oh you can't either ? Guess it's a draw there

There is no way to get that. It's not that transparent

But deductive reasoning favors me on this point and the academy has for decades been scorned for its over representation of old white people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 02-13-17 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-13-17, 03:25 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I thought she was pregnant? You probably already know that.
Is she pregnant? If so, that would explain it. I thought maybe she was eating too much Popeye's and drinking too much Schlitz malt liquor. Can you imagine how effed up that kid will be? Will make Will Smith's boy seem normal
Old 02-13-17, 03:26 PM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
It's both and I've said as such both in here and throughout the years. And I brought up rock /metal too

People can vote for any category regardless of their knowledge. So those unknowledgeable people look at sales and that favors poppy teenage rap So the ignorant voters and the way they get to their conclusions show both to be the case

For someone who claims others to be racist you sure have a problem letting this go. Why don't you give me a head count of the race of the people to prove your point ? Oh you can't either ? Guess it's a draw there

There is no way to get that. It's not that transparent

But deductive reasoning favors me on this point and the academy has for decades been scorned for its over representation of old white people

To vote for a nomination in any category, a voting member must have experience in that category.

You think the rap category is full of old white people? Or young "pop rap" teen girls as you said?
Old 02-13-17, 03:31 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Is she pregnant? If so, that would explain it. I thought maybe she was eating too much Popeye's and drinking too much Schlitz malt liquor. Can you imagine how effed up that kid will be? Will make Will Smith's boy seem normal
She is pregnant with twins.
Old 02-13-17, 03:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
To vote for a nomination in any category, a voting member must have experience in that category.

You think the rap category is full of old white people? Or young "pop rap" teen girls as you said?

To vote on the winner you do not need experience in the category

A lot of ignorance goes into the nomination process as well with sales being too big of a part. And that is where the poppy stuff is favored. Sales over knowledge of the genre. And many undeserving winners

Old 02-13-17, 03:32 PM
Cooling Off

To vote you have to have contributed in some way to at least 6 commercial releases. And to nominate any song or album in any category you must have experience IN THAT CATAGORY.

Apparently there are a Lot of pasty old white dudes making rap albums.

To NOMINATE any album or song into a catagory, you have to have experience in that catagory. Your fringe hard rap isn't even getting nominated by its peers.
Old 02-13-17, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
She is pregnant with twins.
Seriously? Both them kids are going to be effed up, can you say Olsen twins?
Old 02-13-17, 03:39 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
For those who didn't see it, (Do not operate heavy machinery after viewing):

Old 02-13-17, 03:39 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

Quote:
To vote you have to have contributed in some way to at least 6 commercial releases. And to nominate any song or album in any category you must have experience IN THAT CATAGORY.

Apparently there are a Lot of pasty old white dudes making rap albums.

To NOMINATE any album or song into a catagory, you have to have experience in that catagory. Your fringe hard rap isn't even getting nominated by its peers.

That's not true. Common , Wu Tang Clan , Lupe Fiasco ,The Roots , a tribe called quest , nas etc have been nominated over the years. They just don't win. Because you can vote on the winner while knowing and contributing nothing on the genre of music

The people we bring up aren't fringe either. These are well respected people by the masses who know the genre. I wasn't bringing up true underground artists whose albums Best Buy has never sold or anything

Old 02-13-17, 03:40 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Rihanna was probably the biggest snub of the night for me. She went 0 for 8 and her album was definitely her best ever.
Old 02-13-17, 04:08 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
That's not true. Common , Wu Tang Clan , Lupe Fiasco ,The Roots , a tribe called quest , nas etc have been nominated over the years. They just don't win. Because you can vote on the winner while knowing and contributing nothing on the genre of music

The people we bring up aren't fringe either. These are well respected people by the masses who know the genre. I wasn't bringing up true underground artists whose albums Best Buy has never sold or anything

I'd be willing to bet their stuff is played on primarily black stationsvs pop stations.
Old 02-13-17, 04:10 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Rihanna was probably the biggest snub of the night for me. She went 0 for 8 and her album was definitely her best ever.
Which tells you how aweful her stuff really is. Aint she the chick that likes to get her arse kicked byChris Brown occasionally?
Old 02-13-17, 04:11 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

Thanks for showing your ignorance on the genre

The bottom line is you brought up the nomination process in an attempt to be smart but it instead showed your lack of knowledge on the genre we are discussing

Old 02-13-17, 04:39 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Thanks for showing your ignorance on the genre

The bottom line is you brought up the nomination process in an attempt to be smart but it instead showed your lack of knowledge on the genre we are discussing

I'm not debating the genre lol. I think it's garbage.

This started because YOU blamed white people in control of the Grammies for "real rappers" not wining. You stated it's "popularity" and main stream along with white "ignorance". Your comment was blatantly racist. But let's explore your "white people not be voting for real black rappers cuz they only like mainstream" argument.

TI has won 3 correct? Is that right?

WuTang was nominated once and lost to Puff Daddy. Prolific hit maker and widely considered one of the greats in that genre. How many albums does Wi Tamg have bangin in the clubs and writing songs for others and such?

Lupe - 1 of 12 nominations

Roots - no wins in 5 nominations. Those damned honkies don't know good rap they only vote for record sales!

Jay Z has been nominated 9 times and only won it once? Is that right? Looks like that whole popular thingy and ignorant whites thinking is off base. Jay Z is known by EVERYBODY. Yet, is 1 for 9.

But whatever. You made the statement that "old pasty white people" are in control. Yet it's been shown here that you HAVE ZERO IDEA HOW MANY WHITE PEOPLE ARE IN THE NOMINATION OR VOTING PROCESS. Until you can provide any sort of idea of how many whites even vote, your argument is silly. In fact, the average age for a Grammy winner is... 39 years old. Lol old ashy black folks and pasty white dudes.
Old 02-13-17, 04:45 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

Puff Daddy is widely known as one of the greats in the genre...., And then you bag on Wu Tang Clan

Yeah jay z was losing to someone like Eminem. The mainstream of all mainstream and a white rapper. Same reason that disgraceful snub of Kendrick Lamar happened to reward fricken Macklemore (who jay also lost to )

Jay Z's other losses came to outkast , lil Wayne and Kanye west. Everyone knows them too and those albums were big time mainstream

There will be one or two a year who slip through the nomination stage but they rarely win. I gave a few exceptions to that rule

Ps : Wu Tang is played quite a bit in clubs. And the solo albums and production contributions they have as a whole are legendary in the genre. Just quit while you're way behind

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 02-13-17 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-13-17, 05:40 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Which tells you how aweful her stuff really is. Aint she the chick that likes to get her arse kicked byChris Brown occasionally?
Gross. The album is pretty good

Old 02-13-17, 07:18 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'd rather stick a Phillips screwdriver in each ear than listen to Rihanna. Being dead serious.
Old 02-13-17, 07:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
I'd rather stick a Phillips screwdriver in each ear than listen to Rihanna. Being dead serious.

Everyone has those people. Bruno Mars is mine

Old 02-13-17, 08:24 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Puff Daddy is widely known as one of the greats in the genre...., And then you bag on Wu Tang Clan

Yeah jay z was losing to someone like Eminem. The mainstream of all mainstream and a white rapper. Same reason that disgraceful snub of Kendrick Lamar happened to reward fricken Macklemore (who jay also lost to )

Jay Z's other losses came to outkast , lil Wayne and Kanye west. Everyone knows them too and those albums were big time mainstream

There will be one or two a year who slip through the nomination stage but they rarely win. I gave a few exceptions to that rule

Ps : Wu Tang is played quite a bit in clubs. And the solo albums and production contributions they have as a whole are legendary in the genre. Just quit while you're way behind

So here the gist...

You mad cause mainstream gets more Grammies even though your "faves" get nominated, so even though you have zero idea of the demographic make up of the voting Academy... yer just gonna blame whitey lol.

Got it.
Old 02-13-17, 08:30 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

You keep changing your accusations towards me as you are proven wrong on each point.

You tried desperately in the last post and failed so now you are back to the white point

Again I am white. I have no reason to "blame whitey" unless there are reasons for citing it (which I've provided to prove their lack of knowledge )

You still haven't identified to me the makeup of the voters either. Because you can't

Not just out of touch old white people on the genre. But they make up a huge portion of the voting block

People that don't know the genre vote on the rap awards. And the people knowing the genre are already underrepresented in the voting block as well.

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 02-13-17 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-14-17, 09:11 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Just read a article in the paper as to why Beyonce did not win album of the year.

1. Grammy's love Adele
2. Black artists struggle to win album of year.
3. Grammy's have a urban contemporary issue.

Somehow or somewhere the article just might have lost sight of Adele might just have made better music.
Old 02-14-17, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Just read a article in the paper as to why Beyonce did not win album of the year.

1. Grammy's love Adele

Somehow or somewhere the article just might have lost sight of Adele might just have made better music.
That would be a big no. Adele is just another re-imagined version of the female pop ballad singer, a BBW version of Celine Dione. If you asked her to perform a tune outside of her comfort zone she would break down in a heart beat just like what happened Sunday evening. That George Michael song was slowed down to a funeral crawl like every other tune she seems to do and she still had trouble making it work. That is what has the critics in such an uproar.

Old 02-14-17, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post

1. Grammy's love Adele

Kind of like the ego-centric Kanye tantrum a few years back. People like what they like. STF up, amirite ?
Old 02-14-17, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
4 pages on the f'n Grammys? Wtf is wrong with you people?
Old 02-14-17, 10:32 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
+1
Old 02-14-17, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i remember when music mattered this much to me..... maybe in my early 20s? 20 years ago?
Old 02-14-17, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
i remember when music mattered this much to me..... maybe in my early 20s? 20 years ago?
Babyface, Toni Braxton and Celine Dion were the big winners in 1997. Shame we weren't able to debate their merit on here back then.
Old 02-14-17, 10:59 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
I only know two things about music, I either like the song, or I don't. Nothing else matters.
Old 02-14-17, 11:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
One of the biggest events now on Twitter, everyone has an opinion on tunes or celebrity pop culture. But we all know the biggest driver for a page count on a thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: