Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-13-17, 11:17 AM
Cooling Off

Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
So you told me to check back on all the posts for acc vs big 10 stuff. When I brought up a few examples you said you wanted more

But now you don't have the time to find any instance? Funny how that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well you didn't bring up a few examples. You said multiple OSU fans were on Yappi saying those things. One wasn't an OSU fan, the other is a casual fan who made one single post. Wanna try again?

It's an apples and oranges comparison. You made up a claim that everyone knew was fiction. I made a claim everyone knows as fact. I have the time. I just don't care enough.
Old 02-13-17, 11:20 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
You do realize that any musician/songwriter/engineer or anyone else that contributed to at least 6 commercially recorded songs or 12 digitally released songs and pays annual dues of $100 are the people that make up the Academy, right? What exactly makes you say they're "pasty old white people"? Other than stereotypes?
Because MentorMad tries to act like the resident Urban Whisperer and this fits into his narrative that he's cooler and hipper than the average white man because he has a bit of Cuban blood running through his veins.
Old 02-13-17, 11:26 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Because MentorMad tries to act like the resident Urban Whisperer and this fits into his narrative that he's cooler and hipper than the average white man because he has a bit of Cuban blood running through his veins.
Lol got it.
Old 02-13-17, 11:29 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
2017 Grammys

Quote:
Well you didn't bring up a few examples. You said multiple OSU fans were on Yappi saying those things. One wasn't an OSU fan, the other is a casual fan who made one single post. Wanna try again?

It's an apples and oranges comparison. You made up a claim that everyone knew was fiction. I made a claim everyone knows as fact. I have the time. I just don't care enough.

Not apples and oranges at all. But again nice try. I gave you 3-4 people saying stuff. You however gave nothing. You know why? Because it never happened

You use "everyone" as though you have a whole board behind you. First of all try having real friends instead of message board friends solely. And also the respectable people on here see you as a joke who constantly changes usernames because you constantly get banned for your immaturity

Old 02-13-17, 11:34 AM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

Quote:

Never said it was all white people. Gave my examples to show the types of white peoples I'm referring to

Bit of blood? If that is what you call half of my family then sure.

I do know the genre more than most and definitely anyone on here. That doesn't make me hipper or cooler than say the person who knows most about rock or country though

Old 02-13-17, 11:39 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Never said it was all white people. Gave my examples to show the types of white peoples I'm referring to

I do know the genre more than most and definitely anyone on here. That doesn't make me hipper or cooler than say the person who knows most about rock or country though

So now it's only partially "pasty old white dude's" fault that "real rap" didn't win any Grammies? Do you have ANY basis for ANY claim on pasty old white dudes numbers or participation in the Academy or membership roll... or was that just an arbitrary stereotype concerning your ideas on why the artists you like didn't win?

Last edited by Possessed; 02-13-17 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-13-17, 11:43 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:

If anything this shows how quickly people are to claim racism even when it isn't there

Quoted for irony.
Old 02-13-17, 11:45 AM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:

I'm sure youre the most knowledgeable guy on yappi rap.
Old 02-13-17, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

From what I've see I am. Again though I wasn't talking about hipness with that. I don't need approval from the people of yappi like the guy who says "everyone" all the time

Old 02-13-17, 11:59 AM
All Yappi

Jhubbs77 is on a distinguished road
The Grammy academy has proven they know little about rap or hard rock/metal on basically a yearly basis. I didn't watch much of the show but it seemed like kind of a disaster. Hetfield's mic not working, Adele's restart (and a dumb song choice too)
Old 02-13-17, 12:12 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubbs77 View Post
The Grammy academy has proven they know little about rap or hard rock/metal on basically a yearly basis. I didn't watch much of the show but it seemed like kind of a disaster. Hetfield's mic not working, Adele's restart (and a dumb song choice too)
Did it ever occur to you that those two genres aren't "main stream" and the Academy is made up of a large cross section of the music industry that represents more mainstream tastes?

BTW, you never said the Academy was "all white people" but your statement clearly laid the blame of your unhappiness on them while having ZERO idea of the cultural make up or percentage of whites in it. You didn't say a word or blame anything on any other demographic.
Old 02-13-17, 12:13 PM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't even know they were on last night. Only heard about them when an article reported that artists were encouraged to get political (aka, #notmypresident). What a joke of an awards ceremony.
Old 02-13-17, 12:18 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Not apples and oranges at all. But again nice try. I gave you 3-4 people saying stuff. You however gave nothing. You know why? Because it never happened

You use "everyone" as though you have a whole board behind you. First of all try having real friends instead of message board friends solely. And also the respectable people on here see you as a joke who constantly changes usernames because you constantly get banned for your immaturity

You most certainly did not give 3-4 people saying stuff. You have one casual OSU fan making one post, Gh0st. The other guy wasn't an OSU fan. I gave nothing because it takes >1 minute to type a post but much more time to shift through all your garbage posts.

Most of the board realizes you're a joke who thinks he's cooler than you actually are. "Try having real friends" Coming from the guy who said he talks to random strangers about OSU football because he doesn't have any friends.
Old 02-13-17, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that those two genres aren't "main stream" and the Academy is made up of a large cross section of the music industry that represents more mainstream tastes?

BTW, you never said the Academy was "all white people" but your statement clearly laid the blame of your unhappiness on them while having ZERO idea of the cultural make up or percentage of whites in it. You didn't say a word or blame anything on any other demographic.

You are contradicting yourself here. In one breath you are saying the committee is mostly made up of mainstream voters who don't know rap

Then you are saying I'm wrong for saying this same thing ... sure the unknowledgeable aren't all old white people who don't know rap. But the vast majority of made up of voters like that.

If they are mainstream representatives for the most part then they are mostly white peoples not knowing the genre. And the majority are older because that's what the voting process caters to.

Rap wasn't even nominated for Grammys in the first 10 years where it charted. Then the award wasn't even done on tv for years. There's a history of ignorance with the genre which still goes on.

I mean Macklemore winning over Kendrick Lamar ? Even Macklemore was embarrassed by that to the point that he texted Kendrick to apologize for it despite it not being his fault !

Old 02-13-17, 12:21 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Since you struggle with reading, I'll copy and paste this. Maybe reading it a second time will help you comprehend it.

Quote:
Also, didn't say you said "all white people" but you definitely have said something along the lines of "white people don't know rap" when not referring to the Grammys
Quote:
You're a grown azz man who went to college and you don't understand hyperbole? How pathetic.

Quote:
Just because you say it doesn't make it true. Just because people don't discuss it on Yappi doesn't mean they aren't knowledgeable on the subject.
Old 02-13-17, 12:26 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

Quote:
You most certainly did not give 3-4 people saying stuff. You have one casual OSU fan making one post, Gh0st. The other guy wasn't an OSU fan. I gave nothing because it takes >1 minute to type a post but much more time to shift through all your garbage posts.

Most of the board realizes you're a joke who thinks he's cooler than you actually are. "Try having real friends" Coming from the guy who said he talks to random strangers about OSU football because he doesn't have any friends.

There you go with the "everyone" stuff again. You really need approval badly. Very sad

I did give proof in that thread and there were more than those people but again nice try

You told me to find more and I said the same thing about not looking for even more proof. You ripped me for that

Difference here is you found not one post and are saying the same exact stuff you ripped me for saying. Again funny how that works

Also that osu fan stuff was about talking to people at bars and such. Again hilarious try. Keep trying to seek board popularity loser !

Old 02-13-17, 12:33 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
There you go with the "everyone" stuff again. You really need approval badly. Very sad

I did give proof in that thread and there were more than those people but again nice try

You told me to find more and I said the same thing about not looking for even more proof. You ripped me for that

Difference here is you found not one post and are saying the same exact stuff you ripped me for saying. Again funny how that works

Also that osu fan stuff was about talking to people at bars and such. Again hilarious try. Keep trying to seek board popularity loser !

Nowhere in my post you quoted did I say "everyone." The fact you continually make stuff up and pretend to be authority on rap to impress people on line is very sad!

You gave one post by Gh0st and one post by a non OSU fan. That's not "3-4 people saying stuff" and not proving your point of a bunch of OSU fans ripping the ACC.

You got ripped because you made something up, got called on it, and couldn't provide. The difference is I'm not making anything up.

There you go again, making up lies about talking to people because you don't have any friends. How pathetic. Calling me a loser when you access Yappi via a phone.
Old 02-13-17, 12:36 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

Accessing via a phone means I'm not tied to a computer ..... that means I can be out and about and just look quick at this or another site. ..

Today I happen to be home with the flu. But nice try.

You said most on the board instead of everyone. Just different verbiage. Same message on you seeking board approval

Just because you say you aren't making anything up doesn't mean that it's true

Old 02-13-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
For the record, I didn't watch the Grammys.

Now, please, everyone please return to your regularly scheduled Yappi d00sh off.
Old 02-13-17, 12:41 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Accessing via a phone means I'm not tied to a computer ..... that means I can be out and about and just look quick at this or another site. ..

Today I happen to be home with the flu. But nice try.

You said most on the board instead of everyone. Just different verbiage. Same message on you seeking board approval

Just because you say you aren't making stuff up doesn't mean that it's true

It also means you're out and about doing things and decide to use that time on Yappi. I access Yappi during work when I'm bored. Your life is that sad you spend your free time thinking about Yappi? You don't own a computer? Also, pretty sad. This is 2017, man.

Hey man, you said most of the board earlier too. You must be seeking everyone's approval! Sad!

That is correct. Unfortunately for you, it is true.
Old 02-13-17, 12:44 PM
Cooling Off

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.www.c...?client=safari

I'm not contradicting myself at all. You made a blanket statement that "pasty old white people" don't know rap or head rock and therefore the Grammies are somehow slanted. I pointed out that the Academy is made up ENTIRELY OF MUSIC INDUSTRY PEERS and perhaps the mainstream stuff gets more attention because it's a cross section of society, which is mostly mainstream. You apparently are trying to say that black people cant or aren't "mainstream"? Do black folks only listen to fringe rap and white folks only listen to hard rock? Again, your statements show a very clear stereotypical view of music.

This article points out how music is selected. The head of the Academy makes it pretty clear they are well aware of diversity and strive to achieve it. And diversity means mainstream. Perhaps you're just not happy that rap, or real rap viewed as "real black", isn't being spotlighted.
Old 02-13-17, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

I said yappi or any other site. I mostly use yappi during work hours. Always on my phone. I work at a big corporation. I use my phone for personal sites instead of company equipment. ..

I said the knowledgeable people on the board know what you do with your ghosting and switching usernames. I don't seek peoples approval for backup like you do though

Again until you show any proof on these things , you can shoot your mouth off but there's no substance to it

Old 02-13-17, 12:48 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:

I'm not contradicting myself at all. You made a blanket statement that "pasty old white people" don't know rap or head rock and therefore the Grammies are somehow slanted. I pointed out that the Academy is made up ENTIRELY OF MUSIC INDUSTRY PEERS and perhaps the mainstream stuff gets more attention because it's a cross section of society, which is mostly mainstream. You apparently are trying to say that black people cant or aren't "mainstream"? Do black folks only listen to fringe rap and white folks only listen to hard rock? Again, your statements show a very clear stereotypical view of music.

This article points out how music is selected. The head of the Academy makes it pretty clear they are well aware of diversity and strive to achieve it. And diversity means mainstream. Perhaps you're just not happy that rap, or real rap viewed as "real black", isn't being spotlighted.
A lot of the music MentorMad refers to as "real rap" is underground stuff that you will never hear unless you are actively searching it out. Using simple common sense will tell you that isn't what the Grammys are about. It's about things that have some commercial appeal and commercial success.
Old 02-13-17, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

2017 Grammys

Quote:

I'll maintain that the majority of the voting bloc does not know the genre and that the majority are older white people who don't know it. History has shown that to be the case. Again I never said "all". But it's not racist or a stereotype. It's how it is

I know the voting process. Thanks for that though

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 02-13-17 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-13-17, 12:50 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
I said yappi or any other site. I mostly use yappi during work hours. Always on my phone. I work at a big corporation. I use my phone for personal sites instead of company equipment. ..

I said the knowledgeable people on the board know what you do with your ghosting and switching usernames. I don't seek peoples approval for backup like you do though

Again until you show any proof on these things , you can shoot your mouth off but there's no substance to it

What a weird way to say you don't own a computer. Again, it's 2017. How do you not own a computer? You're at home sick with the flu, no reason to use your phone if you aren't at work. What a sad life.
Old 02-13-17, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I watched a little of it. Oddly, I was impressed by the Lady Gaga bit with Metallica. Not everyone can sing with Tony Bennett and Metallica.
Old 02-13-17, 12:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What a weird way to say you don't own a computer. Again, it's 2017. How do you not own a computer? You're at home sick with the flu, no reason to use your phone if you aren't at work. What a sad life.

I own a computer. Where did I say I didn't? Phone and iPad are easier to use on the couch. You are really trying too hard

Old 02-13-17, 12:59 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
I own a computer. Where did I say I didn't? Phone and iPad are easier to use on the couch. You are really trying too hard

You implied it. Choose your words better next time.
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I saw Kurtis Blow 35 years ago.

---Pasty Old White Person
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I watched a little of it. Oddly, I was impressed by the Lady Gaga bit with Metallica. Not everyone can sing with Tony Bennett and Metallica.

I can see why the hardcore Metallica fans didn't like it , but I liked it too. You can't deny her talent

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: