Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-17, 09:14 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,120
Auggie is on a distinguished road
2017 Grammys

It's not about the awards but about the performances. Beyonce will probably clean up on the awards but who will have that memorable performance?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-10-17, 09:26 AM
Possessed Possessed is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 1,153
Possessed is on a distinguished road
2017 grannies??? Das a lot o old ladies!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-17, 06:07 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,063
MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Dvr it and watch it all in like 30 minutes. Used to get excited for them but the rap and rock they nominate is a complete joke Especially the rap which these old white peoples have no idea about


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-17, 06:58 PM
eastisbest eastisbest is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-06
Posts: 15,104
eastisbest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Dvr it and watch it all in like 30 minutes. Used to get excited for them but the rap and rock they nominate is a complete joke Especially the rap which these old white peoples have no idea about
a young teen at the beginnings of rap would be 50ish? The old white people probably got a better idea than these kids throwing out 40 year old schemes they heard on the elevator.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-17, 07:57 PM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,063
MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
2017 Grammys

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
a young teen at the beginnings of rap would be 50ish? The old white people probably got a better idea than these kids throwing out 40 year old schemes they heard on the elevator.


Except these voters know nothing about the music or culture. Where your reasoning goes wrong is assuming just because they were around for the start , they actually know the music. They don't. They are clueless.

They go to billboard and choose the top sellers now. When people like Nicki Minaj are up for Grammys it says it all


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 02-10-17 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-17, 10:09 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,120
Auggie is on a distinguished road
While not a huge Adele fan at least she is genuine while Beyoncé...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-12-17, 10:16 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 40,804
Yappi will become famous soon enough
I haven't watched the whole thing but I thought Beyonce was awful. She is so full of herself that she thinks she can throw anything out there and people will eat it up.

Also disappointed by most of the musical acts. Seems most are looking to sell future records rather than letting the people enjoy the songs that got them there this year.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-12-17, 10:20 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 40,804
Yappi will become famous soon enough
And I thought David Bowie winning for a rock song was a bit of a joke. Never heard the song but knew he was going to win because that is how these award shows seem to work.

Just read that Bowie had won one Grammy in his lifetime but won FIVE tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-12-17, 10:37 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,120
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
And I thought David Bowie winning for a rock song was a bit of a joke. Never heard the song but knew he was going to win because that is how these award shows seem to work.

Just read that Bowie had won one Grammy in his lifetime but won FIVE tonight.
Blackstar is actually a good album but agree Bowie was thrown a bone by the voters.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-12-17, 10:55 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 3,942
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Love lady Gaga and Metallica is my all time favorite band. But it was not a good collaboration. She pretty much ruined a great song.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-13-17, 12:26 AM
BigBallin'4theFuture BigBallin'4theFuture is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-22-07
Location: Wherever I am....
Posts: 5,534
BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Bruno Mars. Best performances, HANDS DOWN.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-13-17, 12:27 AM
BigBallin'4theFuture BigBallin'4theFuture is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-22-07
Location: Wherever I am....
Posts: 5,534
BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Except these voters know nothing about the music or culture. Where your reasoning goes wrong is assuming just because they were around for the start , they actually know the music. They don't. They are clueless.

They go to billboard and choose the top sellers now. When people like Nicki Minaj are up for Grammys it says it all


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But VERY glad to see Chance the Rapper have big wins. All is not lost.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-13-17, 07:57 AM
Jim Lahey Jim Lahey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-16
Location: Sunnyvale
Posts: 1,985
Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
The Ceelo Green memes have been hysterical this morning. My favorite is him as Zordon from Power Rangers
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-13-17, 08:11 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 250
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I hate Bruno Mars.

Telling girls, you are amazing just the way you are is completely ridiculous. They need to lose weight, get hotter, and reproduce, that's it. They aren't amazing and it contributes to girls being fat and eating pizza at Planet Fitness.

/pboy
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-13-17, 08:14 AM
Possessed Possessed is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 1,153
Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
I hate Bruno Mars.

Telling girls, you are amazing just the way you are is completely ridiculous. They need to lose weight, get hotter, and reproduce, that's it. They aren't amazing and it contributes to girls being fat and eating pizza at Planet Fitness.

/pboy
Yeah!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-13-17, 08:22 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: Rayen Stadium
Posts: 7,961
EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Lost interest for good when Jethro Tull won the hard rock award like 30 years ago.

Just another industry show for them all to give each other hand jobs.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-13-17, 08:40 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 250
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
But VERY glad to see Chance the Rapper have big wins. All is not lost.
Really don't like his song on the radio.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-13-17, 08:53 AM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 871
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
The Grammys were on last night? So that is why the Elementary rerun started late. Life is to short to waste it watching the Grammys.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-13-17, 09:00 AM
Possessed Possessed is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 1,153
Possessed is on a distinguished road
https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/0...ivilege-adele/

Wow. Even folks on here with racist comments about "old white people" not knowing rap and such. That's like saying "young black peoples don't know education" lol.

Can white people do ANYTHING these days that ain't raaaccccissss...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-13-17, 09:28 AM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,120
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Want to win a Grammy? Make an album full of soul barring slow ballads.

Chatter on the Grammys:

- Beyonce and he celebrity infrastructure treats her and has her believing she is a deity, how come no white act gets the same treatment?



- At some point in the near future that strategic fashion glue will fail at the Grammys.



- The big winner was Verizon, they announced their version of unlimited data during a Grammy's Ad and that is what was blowing up on Twitter.

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-13-17, 09:37 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,063
MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/0...ivilege-adele/



Wow. Even folks on here with racist comments about "old white people" not knowing rap and such. That's like saying "young black peoples don't know education" lol.



Can white people do ANYTHING these days that ain't raaaccccissss...


Considering I'm white , my comments can't be deemed racist. I was never saying all white people dont know rap. I was saying the old pasty white dudes from the academy don't know rap

That's why Panda was nominated for record of the year ... and why Kanye and dj khaleds crap albums were up for album of the year

Glad Chance won because he has some talent but I don't love his music either


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-13-17, 09:55 AM
Possessed Possessed is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 1,153
Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Considering I'm white , my comments can't be deemed racist. I was never saying all white people dont know rap. I was saying the old pasty white dudes from the academy don't know rap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the first sentence is gold. Gold Jerry!

You think ashy old black dudes know rap Amy better? Any reason to throw a negative slur about skin color in there to make your point other than a racist base? You do realize that if it isn't racist it's at a minimum stereotyping right?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-13-17, 10:18 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,063
MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
2017 Grammys

If you were smart, you would have read my comments where I clearly was talking about the old white academy voters not knowing rap. Not all white people That's why I said words like "these" and "they" talking about that group of white people who vote on these

I also mentioned them not knowing rock or metal too which are mostly made up of white performers.

If anything this shows how quickly people are to claim racism even when it isn't there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-13-17, 10:27 AM
Jim Lahey Jim Lahey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-16
Location: Sunnyvale
Posts: 1,985
Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
Not to defend Slide, but you have, in the past, mentioned how white people don't know rap.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-13-17, 10:37 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,063
MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
2017 Grammys

Point out an instance of that ? I'm always talking about mainstream award show people not knowing rap.

There's also the kiss fm white kids who only like rappers like Eminem and drake who don't know the genre at all. That isn't about race though. Rock people can say the same things about kids only knowing the mainstream radio rock

But I've never said all white people dont know rap or else I'd be burying myself too




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-13-17, 10:49 AM
Possessed Possessed is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 1,153
Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
If you were smart, you would have read my comments where I clearly was talking about the old white academy voters not knowing rap. Not all white people That's why I said words like "these" and "they" talking about that group of white people who vote on these

I also mentioned them not knowing rock or metal too which are mostly made up of white performers.

If anything this shows how quickly people are to claim racism even when it isn't there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do they "not know rap" because they're old or white? Skin color defines a genre?

Raaaaacissssss.... you CLEARLY are saying either their age or SKIN COLOR defines them. If you were smart, you'd know that is the very definition of racism.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-13-17, 10:50 AM
Jim Lahey Jim Lahey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-16
Location: Sunnyvale
Posts: 1,985
Jim Lahey can only hope to improve
I'm not searching through your post history for something you know as fact but don't want to admit.

Also, didn't say you said "all white people" but you definitely have said something along the lines of "white people don't know rap" when not referring to the Grammys
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-13-17, 10:51 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,063
MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
2017 Grammys

More like background and not knowing the music because they weren't raised on it and never took the time to research it

Which is why I brought up examples showing how clueless they are and brought up their lack of knowledge on rock too

But nice try


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-13-17, 10:52 AM
MentorGrad2002's Avatar
MentorGrad2002 MentorGrad2002 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-09-07
Location: Mentor
Posts: 10,063
MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
I'm not searching through your post history for something you know as fact but don't want to admit.

Also, didn't say you said "all white people" but you definitely have said something along the lines of "white people don't know rap" when not referring to the Grammys


So you told me to check back on all the posts for acc vs big 10 stuff. When I brought up a few examples you said you wanted more

But now you don't have the time to find any instance? Funny how that works


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-13-17, 11:15 AM
Possessed Possessed is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 1,153
Possessed is on a distinguished road
You do realize that any musician/songwriter/engineer or anyone else that contributed to at least 6 commercially recorded songs or 12 digitally released songs and pays annual dues of $100 are the people that make up the Academy, right? What exactly makes you say they're "pasty old white people"? Other than stereotypes?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 - 2017 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Season IUDOGS Girls Basketball 25 02-15-17 06:59 AM
2017 Canton McKinley Football Season IUDOGS Football 56 02-07-17 09:14 AM
Historic Dodgertown Youth Baseball Tournaments 2017 hdodgertown Baseball 0 09-14-16 01:20 PM
Want to play for the Cincinnati Fury in 2017? CinciFury Baseball 0 07-25-16 02:59 PM
2017 Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team - Now Accepting Applications Ohio TofC Wrestling 1 06-02-16 01:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz