Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-06-17, 01:53 PM
All District

KentuckyKlondikeBars is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by summit county player View Post
ok my bad it seemed like the two leagues were being compared here! Firestone is the 4th best team in the city though. ellet beat lake this year does that mean ellet would be the 2nd best team in the federal league?? No its one game! Woodridge and coventry would probably be the 3rd and 4th best teams in the city this year... I can agree with that!
ding ding ding
Old 02-06-17, 01:55 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Would agree with your assessment, but would not discount the possibility of an upset on the second best city series team. Also wouldn't discount Streetsboro, they can be very tenacious, just woefully inconsistent, if their barely holding off Springfield is any indication.
Springfield would be the worse team in the city and they have like 4 league wins.
Old 02-06-17, 01:56 PM
All Region

CometsB&G is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyKlondikeBars View Post
You are in one of the weakest if not the weakest D2 brackets in the state

Which is made up of some of what you say is better from Akron City which we have been beating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-17, 01:57 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometsB&G View Post
Wow, ok, good chance we get the 2 seed in Canton District D2 & I'm sure Buchtel & Kenmore will jump on us which is fine, we are use to that but we can't get by ST. V, same story every year for last 3-4 years

Dont get me wrong, with the infusion of open enrolled city kids, this is the best stretch of Comet basketball ever BUT they are not a team that would compete with good teams. A few years ago Ellet was very bad and played Coventry who thought they were all world. Ellet absolutely destroyed them at every facet of the game. That was a very very bad Ellet team.
Old 02-06-17, 01:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Which is made up of some of what you say is better from Akron City which we have been beating

Definitely not saying city is great or even good but top of city is better than top of PTC and bottom of city is somehow better than bottom of that league
Old 02-06-17, 02:00 PM
All Region

Quote:
Dont get me wrong, with the infusion of open enrolled city kids, this is the best stretch of Comet basketball ever BUT they are not a team that would compete with good teams. A few years ago Ellet was very bad and played Coventry who thought they were all world. Ellet absolutely destroyed them at every facet of the game. That was a very very bad Ellet team.

The last time we played was AJ's freshman year & Ellet won by 11, I was there, we was winning until late & pressure down stretch got us

Old 02-06-17, 02:01 PM
All Region

And of our starting 5 last year we had 1 City kid opened enrolled, dude know your facts

Old 02-06-17, 02:03 PM
All Ohio

CoventryTrackXCguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Springfield would be the worse team in the city and they have like 4 league wins.
Thus Streetsboros inconsistency, yet they gave Coventry and Woodridge games, hell, they even beat Coventry the first time around.
Old 02-06-17, 02:05 PM
All Region

Quote:
Thus Streetsboros inconsistency, yet they gave Coventry and Woodridge games, hell, they even beat Coventry the first time around.

Jones was not able to play in a couple of games & he is Streetsboro best player

Old 02-06-17, 02:09 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Ellet, Buchtel, Kenmore, Stow, Firestone, Copley, Green, probably Walsh and Tallmadge . Coventry is a about same as Garfield, Norton, Falls.
I said summit county schools that AREN"T D1 or privates. Ellet, Stow, I think Firestone, Copley, Green are all D1. Walsh is a private school. Two years ago, Coventry played a close game against Buchtel, Last year Coventry beat Alliance, Buchtel didn't. Coventry could probably run with Kenmore, and Tallmadge. Not saying we beat them. But I think it should be a game. Again, I'm not asking which summit county d2 publics can beat us like in a close game, I'm asking which D2-D3 publics beat us decisively. If you can point out one, and show some statistics to back it up, Ill agree with you. You have not yet.
Old 02-06-17, 02:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
ding ding ding
Doesn't mean Ellet couldn't. This arguing is getting nowhere. Well see how the remainder of the season plays out. Coventry still has Cardinal Mooney and Alliance ahead of it. Woodridge, I'm sure Woodridge followers will chime in on what big games they have remaining. A lot of Basketball to be played.
Old 02-06-17, 02:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Coventry is not the team it was 4 years ago in that matchup either; they were very bad then.
Old 02-06-17, 02:49 PM
All Ohio

Also, I just remembered, Coventry came like 12 points shy of beating Brunswick in a game last year. Brunswick was a D1 district champion. Coventry ran with Brunswick for three quarters, but fell behind in the 4th quarter. Brunswick was still better obviously, but another example of an admirable effort by the comets in keeping pace against a very strong team, at least for the majority of the game.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 02-06-17 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-06-17, 02:51 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Here are the D2 Summit County Schools:

Buchtel
Coventry
Kenmore
Norton
StV
Tallmadge
CVCA
Revere
Woodridge

I think all are above .500 with the exception of Revere at (8-9). Arguably, they've had one of the toughest schedules in this group with losses to Copley (2), Garfield Heights, Cornerstone Christian, and Benedictine.
Old 02-06-17, 06:45 PM
Varsity

chemlab is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by summit county player View Post
Ok my bad it seemed like the two leagues were being compared here! Firestone is the 4th best team in the city though. Ellet beat lake this year does that mean ellet would be the 2nd best team in the federal league?? No its one game! Woodridge and coventry would probably be the 3rd and 4th best teams in the city this year... i can agree with that!
I was just pointing out to the guy that said they would be hard pressed to beat firestone that they did in fact already beat firestone. Nothing more, nothing less. I said literally nothing about where that would put anyone in any league. Just made a short, quick statement of fact.
Old 02-07-17, 06:55 AM
All Region

http://nedab.org/wp-content/uploads/...Basketball.pdf

According to this Yappi Woodridge is Stow-Cuyahoga Falls District

Old 02-07-17, 12:47 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
We have competed very well against Buchtel & Ellet, never have played Firestone & won every other game we have played against the rest of City, not even close, better than Buchtel the last couple of years & took Ellet down to wire 4 years ago with our big who is at Pitt now getting the better of Ellet's big but pressure got us late but we was young & up & coming

Athleticism better in City, fundamentals is why the league is down & discipline, if you can handle pressure you will usually beat a City team

I hate to be the one always posting facts but her goes...again.

2012/2013 - Ellet at Coventry. Ellet wins 70-60. A.J. Gareri was in 8th grade and did not play. Hargrove had a good game for Coventry. Ellet's better guard play with Dionte Williams w a the difference.

2013-2014 - Coventry at Ellet. Ellet wins 67-50. A.J's freshmen year but he was a non factor. Breaon Brady owned Hargrove and the game was never really close.

Anything else?
Old 02-07-17, 01:24 PM
All Region

I don't think AJ ever entered the game but I'll do some research to check stats, I remember leaving there thinking Hargrove won the head to head I remember game being close until 4th qtr, we had a freshman usually played 2 qtr JV & up to 3 varsity but he had to play 3 to win JV game & wasn't available in 4th & we turned the ball over a lot in 4th qtr to let game get that bad, I was there and I could be wrong, I have watched 1,000's of games with 3 kids school ball & AAU

Old 02-07-17, 01:27 PM
All District

Quote:
I don't think AJ ever entered the game but I'll do some research to check stats, I remember leaving there thinking Hargrove won the head to head I remember game being close until 4th qtr, we had a freshman usually played 2 qtr JV & up to 3 varsity but he had to play 3 to win JV game & wasn't available in 4th & we turned the ball over a lot in 4th qtr to let game get that bad, I was there and I could be wrong, I have watched 1,000's of games with 3 kids school ball & AAU

Brady will be at Houston next year FWIW. Hargrove struggled in both games against Ellet. He was not used to playing against a player that had a pulse.
Old 02-07-17, 02:48 PM
All American

Irish60 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Brady will be at Houston next year FWIW. Hargrove struggled in both games against Ellet. He was not used to playing against a player that had a pulse.
I saw Hargrove play against my Irish last year. And from what I saw, I'd have to disagree with your assessment of his game. He was a beast in that game!
Old 02-07-17, 03:02 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
I saw Hargrove play against my Irish last year. And from what I saw, I'd have to disagree with your assessment of his game. He was a beast in that game!
I agree. Hargrove had a great senior season.
There were times in years prior he was definitely a football player playing basketball but you can't deny how well he played last year.
Old 02-07-17, 03:34 PM
All Region

I can't find anything but a score on max preps but he scored over 1400 points in his career, he was always pretty solid in the key, never a dribbler or outside shooter but he usually handled the key

Old 02-07-17, 10:11 PM
All Ohio

Coventry 77 North 57. Wasn't at the game, was at SVSM-Hoban so I know little of what went on on the court. Score is a bit underwhelming, I know the Comets are capable of even bigger margin, but I'll take the W.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-17, 10:18 PM
All Region

Not basketball, pulled kids for 4th they made a run & had to put a few back in but it was rough with some intentional fouls & just ugly, coach got a technical, I think he just wanted W without any injuries but he earned the T, he went off

Old 02-07-17, 10:26 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Coventry 77 North 57. Wasn't at the game, was at SVSM-Hoban so I know little of what went on on the court. Score is a bit underwhelming, I know the Comets are capable of even bigger margin, but I'll take the W.

Maybe the Coventry coach decided against running up the score on them. He knew he had the win, why stomp on a struggling team? Would be a good night to let the bench players get PT with the tourney coming up. JMHO
Old 02-07-17, 10:28 PM
All Region

I think it was more about player safety, wasn't interested in street ball, it was bad

Old 02-07-17, 10:32 PM
All Region

We had one kid thrown down & a intentional called & one kid was WWF closelined on a layup & I don't think intentionally, not trying to start a verbal fight but coach went off on refs thinking another intentional or injection should have been called

Old 02-07-17, 10:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Maybe the Coventry coach decided against running up the score on them. He knew he had the win, why stomp on a struggling team? Would be a good night to let the bench players get PT with the tourney coming up. JMHO
Yeah, agreed. No point in running up the score. Comets just seemed slower first half, thats all. But I trust DiFalco's judgement. He's done well for us thus far.

Old 02-07-17, 10:36 PM
All Region

1st half bad, just came off big win with Woodridge, game was very rough & sloppy & we played that way to to start the game, no excuses but it's fairly common to relax when you can

Old 02-07-17, 10:37 PM
All Ohio

The Portage Lakes aren't exactly the trailers, or even the ghetto for that matter. But to each their own.

Edit that was response to Kentucky. But I guess his post was deleted.