Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-13-17, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Opkey would beat ellet by 15
Fhvdgydc would beat vhffvuyvvjfrs by 15
Old 01-13-17, 10:53 AM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
I don't think Tallmadge is as high as #7, but that being said I'm not sure how you have Barberton in front of them. Tallmadge has better record AND beat Barberton. Aside from that, I think you're missing StV and Hoban on your list
Not worried about the cheaters....
Old 01-13-17, 04:32 PM
All Region

stoike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Opkey would beat ellet by 15
Who is Opkey???

Stow is #3 on paper, but they tend to have moments of ineptitude and sloppiness that would make me put them down the list a few notches.

Very athletic team with size that can also shoot the ball, but sometimes leaves the coach shaking his head.
Old 01-13-17, 04:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
1. SVSM
2. Hoban
3. Ellet
4. Copley
5. Woodridge
6. Stow
7. Buchtel
8. Coventry
9. Tallmadge
10. Kenmore

Two teams that have me scratching my head are Stow and Barberton. Stow has been really inconsistent and Barberton looked really good early, not sure what happened to them.
Yep!
Old 01-13-17, 04:39 PM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
I'm not sold on Woodridge. They could go undefeated in the regular season and lose in the first round of the playoffs.
Old 01-13-17, 09:52 PM
All American

bleedingreen6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
I'm not sold on Woodridge. They could go undefeated in the regular season and lose in the first round of the playoffs.
Highly unlikely. The PTC is a decent small-mid size school conference in basketball. If Woodridge runs the table, they would be a tough out at the District level.
Old 01-14-17, 07:43 PM
All Ohio

atruegriff
Does Buchtel up after a win over Ellet last night?
Old 01-14-17, 08:43 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by atruegriff View Post
Does Buchtel up after a win over Ellet last night?
No, maybe after the rematch!
Old 01-14-17, 09:56 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Copley beat ellet easy
Old 01-14-17, 10:58 PM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Copley beat ellet easy
Stop it, you're clueless.
Old 01-14-17, 11:05 PM
All American

FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Copley beat ellet easy
Not so sure about that my man, Ellet is a very good team with size that can play. Anyway the only way they end up playing each other is if Copley gets put back in Alliance district, where they should've been in the first place.
Old 01-15-17, 12:00 AM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
How would they get put back in?
Old 01-15-17, 09:32 AM
All Ohio

atruegriff
Stow has 2 big games this week. At Copley Tuesday, and home against Buchtel on Saturday.
Old 01-15-17, 09:35 AM
All Ohio

atruegriff
Quote:
Copley beat ellet easy
Copley is a 1 man show, I would take Ellet by 10.
Old 01-15-17, 10:55 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Austin Brenner disagrees
Old 01-15-17, 11:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Wow. Clearly you haven't watched them play. Lol
Old 01-15-17, 12:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
How would they get put back in?
Probably the same way they got arbitrarily moved out. Since the district assignments coincide with the 2 year enrollment #/divisional breakdowns, literally the only way a change would occur midterm would be if a school was closed. No one seems to understand what happened here; literally could be anything from a clerical/administrative mistake to a personal thing with someone on the NEDAB board. Pretty sure they have asked NEDAB to at least look in to it and give them an explanation. Like most governing bodies, such things don't happen quickly. They were just as surprised as everyone else when they saw the change. They were in Canton when there were 6 NEO districts but were moved to Alliance when the 7th district was added upon the most recent reset. Obviously they can't play in the Copley district.
Old 01-15-17, 03:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
I have not seen Copley yet, so i am relying on word of mouth, but I have heard basically the opposite of this assertion. Copley has very good individual talent, and a star player or two, but the team plays together beautifully, and their whole is even greater than the sum of it's parts.

Should be a great game against Stow, who beat a very nice Brecksville team on Friday. Going to give the edge to Copley because while the Stow team has a lot of talent and athletic ability, the team can be inconsistent and drives their coach and fans crazy with "brain farts" way too often. Decision making can make all the difference, so I am going to say Copley by 8.
Old 01-16-17, 03:39 PM
All Ohio

atruegriff
I have seen them play and when 1 player scores 46 points out of 70. that is a 1 man show.(#Westbrook) Copley has a couple of nice roll players, nothing more. Ellet's size would be a BIG advantage if they played.
Old 01-16-17, 04:24 PM
All American

Quote:
I have seen them play and when 1 player scores 46 points out of 70. that is a 1 man show.(#Westbrook) Copley has a couple of nice roll players, nothing more. Ellet's size would be a BIG advantage if they played.
Not to let the facts get in the way of a good story, but it was 46 out of 92, not 70, and that was 1 game out of 10, for what it's worth.
Old 01-16-17, 04:56 PM
All American

Orangeman89
These "this team would beat that team" arguments are silly. If they don't play, no one knows. Aside from that, basketball is a long season and a crazy game, teams can have off nights for a myriad of reasons just as teams get hot.
I'm sure Ellet and Copley would be a competitive game and no, I have no idea who would win.

I'm more interested in Copley being moved out of Alliance. Is it really being looked at, have they asked to be moved back to Alliance?
Old 01-16-17, 06:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman89 View Post
These "this team would beat that team" arguments are silly. If they don't play, no one knows. Aside from that, basketball is a long season and a crazy game, teams can have off nights for a myriad of reasons just as teams get hot.
I'm sure Ellet and Copley would be a competitive game and no, I have no idea who would win.

I'm more interested in Copley being moved out of Alliance. Is it really being looked at, have they asked to be moved back to Alliance?
OM- I think it's more a function of asking what happened than anything else at this point, since they found out the same way you and I did (when they posted the districts). Since the whole thing is so unusual, I would imagine if NEDAB looks into it and really has no idea, or they find it to be an oversight of some sort, then they very well might put them back where they should have been in the 1st place. If there's some reason of substance for the move, then they probably would leave things as is, but at least they would know why. Last year Alliance was 5 deep & Canton was pretty much a 2-team event, this year Canton has the greater depth & Alliance is still decent, but clearly not as strong. That being said, I'm sure Lake, Ellet, etc prefer Alliance to Canton, as would Copley. As for the Ellet- Copley discussion, I actually hope the Indians do get moved back so that they have a shot at playing, as I think that would be a helluva game. Last year was pretty good as well, but Ellet seems to be stronger this year and Copley probably not quite as good, so it would probably be an even better game than last year.
Old 01-16-17, 09:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoike View Post
I have not seen Copley yet, so i am relying on word of mouth, but I have heard basically the opposite of this assertion. Copley has very good individual talent, and a star player or two, but the team plays together beautifully, and their whole is even greater than the sum of it's parts.

Should be a great game against Stow, who beat a very nice Brecksville team on Friday. Going to give the edge to Copley because while the Stow team has a lot of talent and athletic ability, the team can be inconsistent and drives their coach and fans crazy with "brain farts" way too often. Decision making can make all the difference, so I am going to say Copley by 8.
Stow is probably more talented than Copley, plus they have big guys that can shoot, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if the Bulldogs ended the Indians' winning streak on Tues. Gotta happen at some point anyway, and Stow is pretty good. Pace is everything to Copley.
Old 01-16-17, 10:50 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootsWalker View Post
Stow is probably more talented than Copley, plus they have big guys that can shoot, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if the Bulldogs ended the Indians' winning streak on Tues. Gotta happen at some point anyway, and Stow is pretty good. Pace is everything to Copley.
Stow likes to push the tempo too..and seem to play their best in a helter-skelter tempo
Old 01-16-17, 10:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
Holy crap!
Old 01-16-17, 10:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Holy crap!
If that were accurate, it would be holy crap
Old 01-16-17, 11:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Stow likes to push the tempo too..and seem to play their best in a helter-skelter tempo
Good info. Should be a fun game then for both teams and the fans. As to your response to Griff, check out post #50, his math is a little off.
Old 01-17-17, 05:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootsWalker View Post
Good info. Should be a fun game then for both teams and the fans. As to your response to Griff, check out post #50, his math is a little off.
Yeah, I saw that. I was thinking "pretty sure that the Indians scored more than 72....." Anxious to see him play..

Have a feeling that Stow will keep the tempo a bit slower tonight and try to take advantage of the two bigs, although they are not true "post" players by any stretch. McMurry is fun to watch...had a 360 degree follow up slam against Wadsworth. Evan (the soph) needs to get stronger but can really run the court, and can pass and shoot like a guard. Has had some nice dunks as well.
Old 01-17-17, 09:12 PM
All Region

Copley with the win, as I had expected.

Stow played like absolute garbage...careless turnovers with one handed passes, bad decisions, etc....and still could have SOMEHOW come away with a win. Came back to tie the game with around 2:00 to go and basically imploded, with a little bit of help from the zebras. But this loss is on Stow, 100%. Disappointed in their performance.

Did not help that their most talented guard, Coryon Rice, was forced to sit out the game for violation of team rules. Left them with only one point guard, too.

Heard lots of people saying the Copley is overrated, doesn't play hard, etc. Did not see any of that tonight, although they do lack size. Their shooting is sublime, however. The coaches' kid was a HUGE factor in the game for them with some beautiful shooting off the bench.
Old 01-17-17, 09:41 PM
All District

Tomahawk8888 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Appearanetly you haven't been to a copley game if you think they are a one man show. They play as a team and all of them are unselfish!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk