Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-17-17, 09:57 PM
All Region

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Missed free throws seems to be a common theme tonight. Sidney missed 12.
Is it just me or does it seam like free throws are becoming a lost art? Lately over the last 3 years at least it seams like OVERALL its getting worse and worse. Missing 13 by Wayne and 12 by Sidney is sad costing both teams wins
Old 01-17-17, 10:19 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
Is it just me or does it seam like free throws are becoming a lost art? Lately over the last 3 years at least it seams like OVERALL its getting worse and worse. Missing 13 by Wayne and 12 by Sidney is sad costing both teams wins
I think it's a consistency issue for an entire game. Sidney beat Butler a few weeks ago on 2 clutch free throws with less than 1 second on the clock. Sometimes missed free throws (especially early) don't seem important until you lose a close one like this.
Old 01-17-17, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1689 View Post
Just as frustrating is when Wayne made a front end of a 1 and 1 it was taken away because a Wayne player not on the lane but behind the arc walks into the area as the player shoots causing a violation....

No disrespect to Springboro but that was a team that Wayne should of beaten by 15 to 20 points.
Old 01-18-17, 09:11 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Just as frustrating is when Wayne made a front end of a 1 and 1 it was taken away because a Wayne player not on the lane but behind the arc walks into the area as the player shoots causing a violation....

No disrespect to Springboro but that was a team that Wayne should of beaten by 15 to 20 points.
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What has happened to Dayton Wayne? GBM
Old 01-18-17, 09:15 AM
All American

HHW96
First three-game skid for the Warriors since 2012, when they had a seven-game losing streak. And only the third such streak of three or more consecutive losses dating back to the 2006 season.

No excuses from this Warrior fan. Sometimes you are the lead dog, sometimes you are not. Pack a lunch and keep working to get to the top.
Old 01-18-17, 09:31 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Agree with you there HHW96...miss seeing you and the better half around the football field. It's time for this team to start grinding! One at a time Warriors! One possession at a time...one minute at a time...quarter, etc.
Old 01-19-17, 08:49 AM
All American

HHW96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
Agree with you there HHW96...miss seeing you and the better half around the football field. It's time for this team to start grinding! One at a time Warriors! One possession at a time...one minute at a time...quarter, etc.
It is different down here. Florida HS football is excellent, but the atmosphere is nowhere near the same.

Ohio HS football Friday nights > FL HS football Friday nights.

We miss you all too.

Back to the grind Warriors... following and supporting from FL!
Old 01-21-17, 08:44 PM
All Yappi

Wayne 16
Middletown 13

end of first
Old 01-21-17, 08:52 PM
All Yappi

Wayne 28
Middletown 18

4 minutes to go, 2nd qtr
Old 01-21-17, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

Wayne 30
Middletown 26

Half
Old 01-21-17, 09:30 PM
All Yappi

Wayne 57
Middletown 34

end of 3...

Wayne woke up.
Old 01-21-17, 09:47 PM
All Yappi

Game 15

Final

Wayne 74
Middletown 45
Old 01-21-17, 11:07 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

The streak is over!! Good job Warriors!!!
Old 01-22-17, 12:15 PM
Varsity

TheGreatElk is on a distinguished road
Just wondering where all those Division One players have been lately?
Old 01-22-17, 12:53 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElk View Post

Resting for the upcoming Centerville game.
Old 01-22-17, 01:24 PM
All District

Prophet4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Just wonder when some will suit up for your beloved Elks................

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-17, 01:55 PM
All District

zevon6542 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet4Life View Post
Just wonder when some will suit up for your beloved Elks................
Prophet, Warrior and all you other Wayne folks on here.

It's very, very doubtful the GreatElk is a Centerville person. Read his posts. He laments transfers to Tri Village, Wayne. Bashes Tipp City. Bashes CBC conference. Bashes Alter. Defends CJ. Knowledgeable of how CJ administration works. Defends Trotwood. Bashes Dayton Daily News. Posts a comment the day after Wayne beats Middletown in hoops??? Even his support for Centerville hoops is lukewarm at best in his posts and is qualified with questions about approach, transfers, etc.

Are you Huber veterans of the Dayton basketball scene seeing a trend???

People in Centerville don't even know where Tri Village is. They could care less about CJ or Tipp City or the CBC (if they even knew what that was)

I do know of a person that used to be associated with Centerville (but never lived in Centerville) who has a relative that coaches at CJ, graduated from CJ, has a reason to bash on Tipp City, once was associated with Trotwood and had a front row seat to yesterday's Wayne/Middie game and can't stand transfers into any program and used to preach on about how he would never accept transfers.
Old 01-22-17, 01:59 PM
All District

Prophet4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevon6542 View Post

It's very, very doubtful the GreatElk is a Centerville person. Read his posts. He laments transfers to Tri Village, Wayne. Bashes Tipp City. Bashes CBC conference. Bashes Alter. Defends CJ. Knowledgeable of how CJ administration works. Defends Trotwood. Bashes Dayton Daily News. Posts a comment the day after Wayne beats Middletown in hoops??? Even his support for Centerville hoops is lukewarm at best in his posts and is qualified with questions about approach, transfers, etc.

People in Centerville don't even know where Tri Village is. They could care less about CJ or Tipp City or the CBC (if they even knew what that was)

I do know of a person that used to be associated with Centerville (but never lived in Centerville) who has a relative that coaches at CJ, graduated from CJ, has a reason to bash on Tipp City, once was associated with Trotwood and had a front row seat to yesterday's Wayne/Middie game and can't stand transfers into any program and used to preach on about how he would never accept transfers.

You are correct. My apologies to Elk Nation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-17, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevon6542 View Post

Still
Thinking
About
Losses
Every
Year
Old 01-22-17, 06:12 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Still
Thinking
About
Losses
Every
Year
"That spells STALEY", sayeth Captain Obvious.
Old 01-22-17, 10:59 PM
Varsity

TheGreatElk is on a distinguished road
You're wrong, but you're right about the transferring issue. I think it's ruining high school basketball. I was a fan of the old Centerville Coach, but I'm a bigger fan of Cupps. And, I think he will at least split with Wayne this season.
Old 01-23-17, 09:25 AM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
Quote:
You're wrong, but you're right about the transferring issue. I think it's ruining high school basketball. I was a fan of the old Centerville Coach, but I'm a bigger fan of Cupps. And, I think he will at least split with Wayne this season.
Will water be "spilt" all over the court? Will there be a 5 min announcement of the whole CC team?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-17, 09:05 AM
Freshman

TecArrows is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NfamousWayneFan View Post
Will water be "spilt" all over the court? Will there be a 5 min announcement of the whole CC team?

So what if there is. You still play the same amount of minutes. Are you saying that is why you lost. You have some of the best athletes in the Dayton area just go play. Centerville on the other hand does not have the best athletes in the Dayton area but they find a way to get it done. Let's don't cry over spilt water.
Old 01-24-17, 09:17 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecArrows View Post
So what if there is. You still play the same amount of minutes. Are you saying that is why you lost. You have some of the best athletes in the Dayton area just go play. Centerville on the other hand does not have the best athletes in the Dayton area but they find a way to get it done. Let's don't cry over spilt water.
So what? Yes they play the same amount of minutes. They also have a set amount of time during time outs and between quarters.

You install stall tactics to give your players more rest because your player are tired and you don't have as deep of a bench....

Old 01-24-17, 09:48 AM
Freshman

TecArrows is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So what? Yes they play the same amount of minutes. They also have a set amount of time during time outs and between quarters.

You install stall tactics to give your players more rest because your player are tired and you don't have as deep of a bench....

You can't be serious. That is really your excuse. They got beat because Centerville controlled the game. If you think anything else then it's just an excuse. I don't care if you get all the transfers it is what it is. But if you lose don't complain and make excuses. Man up to the fact you got beat. What happened at Springfield, the student section was too loud. At Springboro the humidity of the gym was to high. Come on.
Old 01-24-17, 09:55 AM
All American

Quote:
You can't be serious. That is really your excuse. They got beat because Centerville controlled the game. If you think anything else then it's just an excuse. I don't care if you get all the transfers it is what it is. But if you lose don't complain and make excuses. Man up to the fact you got beat. What happened at Springfield, the student section was too loud. At Springboro the humidity of the gym was to high. Come on.
Do you know when I was referring too?

Old 01-24-17, 10:22 AM
All Region

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
Big game tonight, I've seen both teams play and should be a great one. Wayne needs to show up early and not fall behind big like against Springboro. I know that Wayne and Centerville are big rivals so should be a great atmosphere...will it being on a Tuesday night hurt the crowd size? Go Warriors
Old 01-24-17, 12:55 PM
Varsity

WHSisthebest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do you know when I was referring too?

TecArrows obviously doesn't have a clue what you're talking about! I was at that game and it was a JOKE! He's probably fuming because we now have Quissenberry.
Old 01-24-17, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Is blue back tonight? Will Centerville announce the cross country team?
Old 01-24-17, 05:46 PM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uhhhhh (in the words of Hoser) Wayne won the game despite the infamous water spill. By a pretty large margin if I remember right too. Tournament game.

The game when the Cross Country team was introduced is another story which occurred several weeks prior to the water spill game.

If you are going to complain, know what you are complaining about.