Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 11-03-15, 11:38 AM
WykidWytch WykidWytch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: Surrender Dorothy
Posts: 3,266
WykidWytch
Tier 1 (if they go I might stop watching): Rick, Daryl, Carol, Michonne
Tier 2 (like the characters but wouldn't be devastated if they left): Carl, Abraham, Eugene
Tier 3 (couldn't care less about): Glenn, Maggie, Tara, Rosita, Jessie, Aaron

Kill them now: Morgan and Gabriel
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11-03-15, 12:54 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,155
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
I should say out of the real main characters, I would be most ok with Carol or Michonne getting offed
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-03-15, 06:29 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 18,571
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
For me I would hate to see anyone in the the core group - Rick, Daryl, Carol, Glen or Michone - bite the dust. Less important are Maggie, Abraham and Carl, but I would still miss their characters.

Gabriel & Morgan are the two characters I would like to see served up as a zombie buffet.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-04-15, 01:36 PM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,796
MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
The voice at the end was clearly Rick's, can't wait to see the backstory that gets him back to the gate though

Saw something online that strongly supports the 'glenn is alive' theory. He was seen in photos from on set that the WD actually allowed to be released and he was in scenes with a character that isn't even there yet. There are work-arounds (flashbacks being the primary one) where that'd be possible even if he's dead but it's still a pretty strong hint at him being alive.

I actually enjoyed the Morgan episode. It was kinda important to fill in how he got from the crazed man that Rick found in the fortified store/apartment building to peace-loving martial arts Morgan. We'll get back to the action this week it appears

Wykid, you clearly have some serious negative opinion of Glenn but I don't get why.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-04-15, 02:46 PM
WykidWytch WykidWytch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: Surrender Dorothy
Posts: 3,266
WykidWytch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Wykid, you clearly have some serious negative opinion of Glenn but I don't get why.
He started out as a smarta** and he's continued to be a smarta**. I just don't like the character.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 11-04-15, 03:39 PM
Spille Spille is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-03
Posts: 4,909
Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Saw something online that strongly supports the 'glenn is alive' theory. He was seen in photos from on set that the WD actually allowed to be released and he was in scenes with a character that isn't even there yet. There are work-arounds (flashbacks being the primary one) where that'd be possible even if he's dead but it's still a pretty strong hint at him being alive.
The character to be introduced is a very important character in the comic. Also one of my favorites. I'm hoping the television character is much like the comic character. Really enjoyed the introduction into the comic, hope they play it out in a similar way in the series. I don't think we will see them until the 2nd half of the season though. If they go in the direction I think they are (honestly, I'd be surprised if they didn't, too much good stuff in the comic to be left out of the series), there is still some serious crap to happen the rest of the 1st half. I felt Glenn was going to make it all along, if anyone knows how to cheat death, it's Glenn, and I do think he will be seen again before the 2nd half of the season. Still wondering how they are going to save him though.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-08-15, 11:20 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 18,571
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Tonight's episode was okay. A bit of a place holder but they're arranging the pieces on the board for the last three episodes (ONLY 3 more episodes - that sucks).

Without giving away any spoilers:

* The Mayor has gone off the rail and needs to brush her hair. She's scarier looking then the zombies!

* I don't like that sneaky little teenager (I forgot his name) that Carl is competing with for Enid. The kid needs to become zombie bait and the sooner the better.

* I like that Rick is actually mellowing out a bit.

* The sewer zombies raised the Walking Dead bar on gross corpses.

Also, the new show "Into the Badlands" that they promote every ten minutes looks petty good.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-09-15, 09:30 AM
Spille Spille is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-03
Posts: 4,909
Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Tonight's episode was okay. A bit of a place holder but they're arranging the pieces on the board for the last three episodes (ONLY 3 more episodes - that sucks).

Without giving away any spoilers:

* The Mayor has gone off the rail and needs to brush her hair. She's scarier looking then the zombies!

* I don't like that sneaky little teenager (I forgot his name) that Carl is competing with for Enid. The kid needs to become zombie bait and the sooner the better.

* I like that Rick is actually mellowing out a bit.

* The sewer zombies raised the Walking Dead bar on gross corpses.

Also, the new show "Into the Badlands" that they promote every ten minutes looks petty good.
Nothing great, but a good table setter for the last 3 episodes. Big question is, do the walkers get into the community? I don't think there is any question they do.

The kid's name is Ron. I wonder if he's coming around and he wants to protect his family or if he wants to learn to shoot because he wants to kill Carl?

I thought Deanna was going to jump the wall and commit suicide. The line she delivered to Rick, when she said "They don't need me. What they need, Rick, is you" came straight from the comic.

Called Maggie being pregnant, though it's not a big surprise and the underground sewer, what a way to move in and out without being noticed. Could be a way out for the community but there looks to be plenty of walkers gathering at the exit.

Maggie accepted that Glenn was dead and then changed her mind by taking his name off the wall. I think the writers are playing games, either wanting us to think he is indeed alive, or just stringing us along just to confirm he is dead.

I don't think Rick will remain mellow, especially after he learns a wolf is being held inside the community.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-09-15, 09:37 AM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 14,701
PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Nothing great, but a good table setter for the last 3 episodes. Big question is, do the walkers get into the community? I don't think there is any question they do.

The kid's name is Ron. I wonder if he's coming around and he wants to protect his family or if he wants to learn to shoot because he wants to kill Carl?

I thought Deanna was going to jump the wall and commit suicide. The line she delivered to Rick, when she said "They don't need me. What they need, Rick, is you" came straight from the comic.

Called Maggie being pregnant, though it's not a big surprise and the underground sewer, what a way to move in and out without being noticed. Could be a way out for the community but there looks to be plenty of walkers gathering at the exit.

Maggie accepted that Glenn was dead and then changed her mind by taking his name off the wall. I think the writers are playing games, either wanting us to think he is indeed alive, or just stringing us along just to confirm he is dead.

I don't think Rick will remain mellow, especially after he learns a wolf is being held inside the community.

I thought it was going to be Spencer to jump off the wall and commit suicide.




I'm disappointed that they didn't start dealing with the walkers right away. They could easily start killing them off at the gate to deal with them. Sure its going to leave a pile, but that's better than them being there "alive".

Also, hasn't it been established that fire can kill the walkers (by way of the fire burning up the brain)? They could start tossing Molotov cocktails over the (metal, non-flammable) wall and lets the walkers die off. Eventually the fire will die out and that's that. Not as interesting for the plot, but would be a cool visual.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 11-09-15, 10:00 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 18,571
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
I thought it was going to be Spencer to jump off the wall and commit suicide.




I'm disappointed that they didn't start dealing with the walkers right away. They could easily start killing them off at the gate to deal with them. Sure its going to leave a pile, but that's better than them being there "alive".

Also, hasn't it been established that fire can kill the walkers (by way of the fire burning up the brain)? They could start tossing Molotov cocktails over the (metal, non-flammable) wall and lets the walkers die off. Eventually the fire will die out and that's that. Not as interesting for the plot, but would be a cool visual
.
This is a critical point that is starting to make the show look stupid. They did a nice job getting me to suspend my disbelief and except that a zombie apocalypse had happened. BUT, they're starting to blow it with the passivity towards the zombies lining the wall. This looks like a great opportunity to wipe the local undead out. How about long sharp "pikes" that they stand on the walls and jab down into the heads of the zombies? You could take a lot of zombies out with 20 guys doing it all day. Or how about dropping things (like furniture, heavy tools, big rocks) on them? You may not kill them but you will smash them up and reduce they're mobility. Your idea of using fire is excellent. Even if doesn't "kill" them they aren't so dangerous as a smoldering corpse that can't move.

In fact there are a lot of clever ways to "slaughter" zombies that are stuck up against the wall. The more I think about it the whole "lead them away" is stupid and would be the last thing a group of people would come up with. The writers like to show humanity's "dark side" and offer us all these warped human society's (wolves, the Governor, Terminus, the Hospital) but they seem to forget that when it comes to waging war when threatened human beings are very ingenious at delivering death and destruction. Frankly, all those zombies at the wall are sitting ducks and a group of human beings would recognize that and act accordingly to remove the treat. This is a serious flaw in the writing IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 11-09-15, 11:17 AM
WykidWytch WykidWytch is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: Surrender Dorothy
Posts: 3,266
WykidWytch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Maggie accepted that Glenn was dead and then changed her mind by taking his name off the wall. I think the writers are playing games, either wanting us to think he is indeed alive, or just stringing us along just to confirm he is dead.
I'm wondering if we're never going to see Glenn alive again and the writers are just leaving us hanging because that's how "reality" would be in the zombie apocolypse. Sometimes people don't come back and you have no idea what happened to them.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 11-09-15, 12:27 PM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 14,701
PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
This is a critical point that is starting to make the show look stupid. They did a nice job getting me to suspend my disbelief and except that a zombie apocalypse had happened. BUT, they're starting to blow it with the passivity towards the zombies lining the wall. This looks like a great opportunity to wipe the local undead out. How about long sharp "pikes" that they stand on the walls and jab down into the heads of the zombies? You could take a lot of zombies out with 20 guys doing it all day. Or how about dropping things (like furniture, heavy tools, big rocks) on them? You may not kill them but you will smash them up and reduce they're mobility. Your idea of using fire is excellent. Even if doesn't "kill" them they aren't so dangerous as a smoldering corpse that can't move.

In fact there are a lot of clever ways to "slaughter" zombies that are stuck up against the wall. The more I think about it the whole "lead them away" is stupid and would be the last thing a group of people would come up with. The writers like to show humanity's "dark side" and offer us all these warped human society's (wolves, the Governor, Terminus, the Hospital) but they seem to forget that when it comes to waging war when threatened human beings are very ingenious at delivering death and destruction. Frankly, all those zombies at the wall are sitting ducks and a group of human beings would recognize that and act accordingly to remove the treat. This is a serious flaw in the writing IMO.

I do think we're going to see an upcoming episode with them training the Alexandrians, by having them kill the "easy pickings" up against the wall, to get used to taking out zombies.

I don't agree with the leading them away comments though. The herd was breaking through the barricade and going to end up at Alexandria. They managed to get rid of half of them, and had it not been for the Wolves attack, the plan would have completely worked. The only other way they could have dealt with it was again, maybe setting them all on fire while they were in the quarry, but timing wise they may not have had the time.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 11-09-15, 12:28 PM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 14,701
PantherProud
oddly enough, if they can manage to grow their own crops and become sel-sufficient inside the walls, the surrounding walkers are the perfect protection from being attacked from the Wolves or another group of humans.

Maybe that's why Rick says "they protect this place now" and why he hasn't started killing them off yet.


That would be a pretty cool development on the show at some point whether it be now, or in the future. Humans using walkers as protection against other humans.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-09-15, 12:36 PM
Spille Spille is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-03
Posts: 4,909
Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WykidWytch View Post
I'm wondering if we're never going to see Glenn alive again and the writers are just leaving us hanging because that's how "reality" would be in the zombie apocolypse. Sometimes people don't come back and you have no idea what happened to them.
I'd normally be inclined to agree with you, but we usually get some sort of closure on a character's death. With Glenn, we didn't. Unless, it's still to come in a later episode. The only character I can think of where we didn't get closure was Lori. It was assumed Carl put her down and then later assumed that walker ate Lori as she was still fresh meat. I guess we will see with Glenn.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 11-09-15, 12:39 PM
Spille Spille is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-03
Posts: 4,909
Spille is on a distinguished road
Anyone have thoughts on the blood coming through the wall? I thought it was from walkers being pressed against the wall and the blood started seeping through and it was intended to show that the walls were not as strong as they think and therefore they are not as safe as Rick thinks they are.

Also, my point about Ron learning to shoot with intentions to kill Carl, I think he could also be planning on killing Rick.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-09-15, 01:04 PM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 14,701
PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Anyone have thoughts on the blood coming through the wall? I thought it was from walkers being pressed against the wall and the blood started seeping through and it was intended to show that the walls were not as strong as they think and therefore they are not as safe as Rick thinks they are.


that was my assumption as well. I can't fathom any other reasoning there would be.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-09-15, 03:40 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,155
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
that was my assumption as well. I can't fathom any other reasoning there would be.
My friend told me she thinks someone committed suicide on the platform and their blood is drippin down the wall. Idk what I think. Those walls are definitely strong enough to keep those walkers out though. The fences at the prison weren't a quarter as strong as those walls, yet they held out pretty big herds. I thnk the walls are plenty big and strong enough. The walkers being there will prevent anyone from sneaking over the wall as well. Jessie and Aaron are the only alexandrians I like.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-09-15, 03:56 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 18,571
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
I do think we're going to see an upcoming episode with them training the Alexandrians, by having them kill the "easy pickings" up against the wall, to get used to taking out zombies.

I don't agree with the leading them away comments though. The herd was breaking through the barricade and going to end up at Alexandria. They managed to get rid of half of them, and had it not been for the Wolves attack, the plan would have completely worked. The only other way they could have dealt with it was again, maybe setting them all on fire while they were in the quarry, but timing wise they may not have had the time.
If they talk about using the zombie hoard at the walls as a form of protection against the Wolves and other assorted human baddies I can buy that as a rational for not wiping them out. But so far I haven't heard them discuss it in that way (beyond that one throw away statement). Bottom line is that your suggestion that they bomb the zombies with "Molotov cocktails" was spot on and any group of people with even half a brain could see how vulnerable the zombies are packed against the wall.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 11-10-15, 12:58 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,155
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
i think we will see the group learn to handle them this next episode. I want to see Jessie take more of a leadership role. At first I thought Aaron would be the guy people rally behind, but after he stupidly admitted he lost his pack, I don't think many people will trust him(although it wasnt a huge deal and the Wolves likely find them anyway). I think Jessie has trust of other original alexandrians and if she can show them she is willing to change and choose to not just survive but to live then they will be able to get the rest to buy in.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 11-10-15, 02:03 PM
Spille Spille is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-03
Posts: 4,909
Spille is on a distinguished road
Jeffery Dean Morgan has signed on to play the roll of the most famous villain of TWD comic. Anyone want to know the name of the villain? I don't want to spoil for anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 11-10-15, 04:25 PM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 14,701
PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Jeffery Dean Morgan has signed on to play the roll of the most famous villain of TWD comic. Anyone want to know the name of the villain? I don't want to spoil for anyone.
yea I saw that a couple hours ago but didn't want to spoil it. Pretty big get name wise, and from what I hear pretty spot on casting.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-10-15, 07:09 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 18,571
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Jeffery Dean Morgan has signed on to play the roll of the most famous villain of TWD comic. Anyone want to know the name of the villain? I don't want to spoil for anyone.
Morgan is one of the best actors in the business. Everything the guy does is fantastic. I also read that he beat out Timothy Olyphant who was also up for the part. Heck Olyphant is as good as Morgan and if possible they should try to find a part for him (IMO, Olyphant would have made a better Rick).
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-15-15, 10:03 PM
Spille Spille is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-03
Posts: 4,909
Spille is on a distinguished road
Lots of questions after that episode. Who are the new group of people and who was on the walkie at the end asking for help? Glenn? Could it be?
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-15-15, 10:38 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,155
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Lots of questions after that episode. Who are the new group of people and who was on the walkie at the end asking for help? Glenn? Could it be?
I thought it was, but Norman Reedus apparently said in an interview it wasn't. Believe the new group is the group called the saviors
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-15-15, 11:07 PM
MCGal MCGal is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-21-01
Posts: 37,796
MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Yeah I think the new group is gonna bring the "Jesus" character into play.. and there have been photos released from when they were shooting the episodes showing Glenn there with the 'Jesus' character... maybe we're working up to an answer on Glenn finally?
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-15-15, 11:09 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 18,571
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
I liked this episode a lot. They got back to basics focusing on three of my favorite characters (Daryl, Abraham & Sasha) and they left us with a lot of questions and possibilities going forward.

One question they did answer is what happens to walkers when you burn them! It seems to me they need to dump a whole lot of oil over the herd outside the walls and torch them!

I also like the new show "Into the Badlands". Nice into to the world and some very cool fight scenes.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-16-15, 07:58 AM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 14,701
PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
Lots of questions after that episode. Who are the new group of people and who was on the walkie at the end asking for help? Glenn? Could it be?
I didn't even think about it being Glenn, good thought.


Closed Captioning just said "Man: Help!"
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-16-15, 10:28 AM
Spille Spille is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-03
Posts: 4,909
Spille is on a distinguished road
I don't think Norman is going to give anything away, so not surprised he said it wasn't him. Could be a blatant lie.

Jesus is not far off. Still don't think we see him until the 2nd half, but the writers introduced us to a new group earlier than I expected, if it is indeed the saviors and I think it is them. Interesting we didn't see the one guy's face.

Burning them might make sense but those walkers at the wall are leading up to the overrun of the community where many lives will be lost. Burning them would attract more and also would weaken the walls.

Two weeks ago, the closed captioning indicated it was Rick screaming to open the gates. Why would this say, "Man"? Unless, it's someone we haven't met yet. Jesus perhaps. Or a trap by the new group we met last night.

Stay tuned everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-16-15, 07:02 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 40,815
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Interesting to find out that others watch this show with the closed-captioning on too.

Without reading any of the comics and not knowing where the story is going, I thought they were alluding to this new group being military (or former military) throughout the show.

It also seems like the groups that are a little more proactive in fighting the walkers always turn out to be evil. I never understood why Rick and the group have never gone out and actively cleared large areas to keep themselves safe. Seems they are always at the will of random walkers and the next tragedy is just a turn away.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-16-15, 08:57 PM
PantherProud's Avatar
PantherProud PantherProud is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-01
Posts: 14,701
PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Interesting to find out that others watch this show with the closed-captioning on too.

Without reading any of the comics and not knowing where the story is going, I thought they were alluding to this new group being military (or former military) throughout the show.

It also seems like the groups that are a little more proactive in fighting the walkers always turn out to be evil. I never understood why Rick and the group have never gone out and actively cleared large areas to keep themselves safe. Seems they are always at the will of random walkers and the next tragedy is just a turn away.
that's what I don't get about Sasha's comments to Abraham. They should be taking out every walker they can.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz