Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-13-17, 11:46 AM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Dont be fooled by that early creek win. Creek lost their best player and shouldnt of won that game anyway. Springfield looks completely different from then on both sides of the floor. I love their draw but cant over look anyone especially once districts rolls around everyone is there for a reason. Not many saw Wayne not atleast being in regionals last season
You are absolutely correct--no one thought Wayne would lose to East in the District game last year (2nd place GMC team that was 4 games behind Mason), but it's one and done and anybody at that point can beat anyone. That's why JElder asked why the dissing on LaSalle, Mason and Oak Hills by Cantcatchme--all 3 of those teams are very solid with very good resumes'--as you said Springfield lost to Creek, but player personnel is different--Mason lost by 5 to Princeton with Mason's 18 ppg scorer out sick--it happens to every team and thats the way it goes sometimes--staying healthy is critical right now.

I originally stated that Mason got a good draw because I believe Moeller is the top team in Cincy and Springfield has proven they are the top team in Dayton, and Mason wouldn't face either of those teams until a Regional semi game. Certainly any team that gets to the District game will be tough whether its Wayne or Centerville--but to say only the top seed in Cincy is any good is a bit over the top. Good luck cats in the tourney!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-13-17, 12:21 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,641
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
You are absolutely correct--no one thought Wayne would lose to East in the District game last year (2nd place GMC team that was 4 games behind Mason), but it's one and done and anybody at that point can beat anyone. That's why JElder asked why the dissing on LaSalle, Mason and Oak Hills by Cantcatchme--all 3 of those teams are very solid with very good resumes'--as you said Springfield lost to Creek, but player personnel is different--Mason lost by 5 to Princeton with Mason's 18 ppg scorer out sick--it happens to every team and thats the way it goes sometimes--staying healthy is critical right now.

I originally stated that Mason got a good draw because I believe Moeller is the top team in Cincy and Springfield has proven they are the top team in Dayton, and Mason wouldn't face either of those teams until a Regional semi game. Certainly any team that gets to the District game will be tough whether its Wayne or Centerville--but to say only the top seed in Cincy is any good is a bit over the top. Good luck cats in the tourney!
First of all I didn't "diss" any of the 3 schools that you said I did. If saying that I think the top 3 seeds from Dayton and Moeller are the best 4 teams in SWO is a diss than you my friend are a pansy. It's an opinion. A diss would be me saying that they suck or implying that one of them would be an easy win in the district finals. I don't see any of that anywhere.....

They have 8 teams in the district matchups it's pretty easy to dodge the top 2 when you have 5 other options. Mason knew it would not have to play Moeller or Springfield in a district once they picked their spot in the bracket. This is why I think your statement about "WOW" what a great draw for Mason is completely asinine. You act like their draw was just blind luck that they would only have to play Wayne or Centerville in a district.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-13-17, 12:22 PM
inmate520 inmate520 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-19-11
Posts: 77
inmate520 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
ďI think the systemís a little bit flawed. I think there should be a computer-based system that takes some of the animosity out of it. A lot of people get ticked off at each other because they got this seed or that seed. If football can do it, why canít we move to a computer-based system that takes out the subjectivity of it and go from there?Ē

Sounds like Adkins is saying a lot of what I've said about the current system. Get your ranking and then you are slotted in the tournament based on that ranking. None of this picking and choosing. You are given what you are given. Eliminates not just the animosity of who got what ranking, but also the animosity over why people chose what slots in the brackets as well.
PC I normally agree with you but I love the draw. The top teams have earned the right and there is a strategy involved. Couple years ago Mason was 1 seed and Lasalle was 3 and Lasalle jumped in with Mason and beat them. Its a fun time of year. Computers do too much in our lives already....
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-13-17, 12:33 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
First of all I didn't "diss" any of the 3 schools that you said I did. If saying that I think the top 3 seeds from Dayton and Moeller are the best 4 teams in SWO is a diss than you my friend are a pansy. It's an opinion. A diss would be me saying that they suck or implying that one of them would be an easy win in the district finals. I don't see any of that anywhere.....

They have 8 teams in the district matchups it's pretty easy to dodge the top 2 when you have 5 other options. Mason knew it would not have to play Moeller or Springfield in a district once they picked their spot in the bracket. This is why I think your statement about "WOW" what a great draw for Mason is completely asinine. You act like their draw was just blind luck that they would only have to play Wayne or Centerville in a district.
"Wow" this is tough--since it's "your opinion" what do you base it on that 3 Dayton teams are better than LaSalle, Oak Hills, and Mason? You offer no evidence other than that's "your opinion"--records and common opponents apparently mean nothing to you--just your innate basketball knowledge.

Also you are not correct that Mason had 5 choices--at #4 seed they had 2 choices--to go in the bracket opposite of Dayton 3 or the bracket opposite of Moeller--they chose Dayton 3 figuring that Springfield likely would be there, and was the best team in Dayton, but preferred that spot since Moeller had defeated Springfield by 3, and when it turned out Springfield chose to go into Dayton 1 that was a surprise because now the #3 and #5 Dayton seeds went into Dayton 3. If Northmont is the weakest seed according to "your opinion" why didn't #5 Centerville go in with Northmont rather than Wayne?

And really calling someone a pansy on Yappi--weak!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-13-17, 12:48 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,641
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
"Wow" this is tough--since it's "your opinion" what do you base it on that 3 Dayton teams are better than LaSalle, Oak Hills, and Mason? You offer no evidence other than that's "your opinion"--records and common opponents apparently mean nothing to you--just your innate basketball knowledge.

Also you are not correct that Mason had 5 choices--at #4 seed they had 2 choices--to go in the bracket opposite of Dayton 3 or the bracket opposite of Moeller--they chose Dayton 3 figuring that Springfield likely would be there, and was the best team in Dayton, but preferred that spot since Moeller had defeated Springfield by 3, and when it turned out Springfield chose to go into Dayton 1 that was a surprise because now the #3 and #5 Dayton seeds went into Dayton 3. If Northmont is the weakest seed according to "your opinion" why didn't #5 Centerville go in with Northmont rather than Wayne?

And really calling someone a pansy on Yappi--weak!
You are a pansy. Centerville always picks the route that leads to Wayne. Looking at the last few years tells me Dayton has had the better teams. Yes, I have seen the above GMC teams as well as LaSalle. I don't think they are better than Wayne, Northmont, Centerville or Springfield.

Time will tell. I will leave this here though. Going back 4 years which I assume is relevant given that the current high school players were involved at these times you will see....

2016

Wilmington over Centerville in the regional

2015

Wayne over Springfield in the regional

2014

Trotwood over Moeller in the regional

2013

Walnut Hills over LaSalle in the regional

Where are all of the mighty GMC and GCL schools??

In 2015 they had 3 Dayton teams and 1 Cincinnati school in the regional. Considering how much larger the Cincinnati area is you would think this would never happen. I mean it couldn't possibly be due to the fact that the Dayton area has had better teams during this time period.....
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-13-17, 01:08 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
You are a pansy. Centerville always picks the route that leads to Wayne. Looking at the last few years tells me Dayton has had the better teams. Yes, I have seen the above GMC teams as well as LaSalle. I don't think they are better than Wayne, Northmont, Centerville or Springfield.

Time will tell. I will leave this here though. Going back 4 years which I assume is relevant given that the current high school players were involved at these times you will see....

2016

Wilmington over Centerville in the regional

2015

Wayne over Springfield in the regional

2014

Trotwood over Moeller in the regional

2013

Walnut Hills over LaSalle in the regional

Where are all of the mighty GMC and GCL schools??

In 2015 they had 3 Dayton teams and 1 Cincinnati school in the regional. Considering how much larger the Cincinnati area is you would think this would never happen. I mean it couldn't possibly be due to the fact that the Dayton area has had better teams during this time period.....
And your point is that 4 Cincinnati sectional teams have made it to the Regional finals and 4 Dayton sectional teams have made it to the Regional finals--sounds pretty even then. I will say that sometimes GMC teams get knocked out by GCL teams before the Regional final--and it looks like 2 GCL teams (Moeller and LaSalle) did make it to the Regional finals in D1.

Every year is a new year--we'll see how it pans out in a few weeks--and I guess I was supposed to know, for whatever reason, that Centerville goes in with Wayne no matter what in the sectional--except they obviously didn't do that last year.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-13-17, 01:27 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,641
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
And your point is that 4 Cincinnati sectional teams have made it to the Regional finals and 4 Dayton sectional teams have made it to the Regional finals--sounds pretty even then. I will say that sometimes GMC teams get knocked out by GCL teams before the Regional final--and it looks like 2 GCL teams (Moeller and LaSalle) did make it to the Regional finals in D1.

Every year is a new year--we'll see how it pans out in a few weeks--and I guess I was supposed to know, for whatever reason, that Centerville goes in with Wayne no matter what in the sectional--except they obviously didn't do that last year.
Cincinnati has 5 sectional finals. Dayton has 3. Which means that Cincinnati has 5 district finals participants while Dayton has 3. That's even, lol.

Wilmington is part of Cincinnati?? Wilmington is 34 miles from Dayton and 52 miles from Cincinnati.........
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-13-17, 01:35 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,641
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
And your point is that 4 Cincinnati sectional teams have made it to the Regional finals and 4 Dayton sectional teams have made it to the Regional finals--sounds pretty even then. I will say that sometimes GMC teams get knocked out by GCL teams before the Regional final--and it looks like 2 GCL teams (Moeller and LaSalle) did make it to the Regional finals in D1.

Every year is a new year--we'll see how it pans out in a few weeks--and I guess I was supposed to know, for whatever reason, that Centerville goes in with Wayne no matter what in the sectional--except they obviously didn't do that last year.
Centerville would of played Wayne last year had Wayne not gotten upset by LE. Would of been 3 years in a row that Wayne and Centerville met up in the tournament.

Putting words in my mouth again. Show me where I said Centerville always jumps in Waynes "sectional"?

The last few years Wayne and Centerville have been top 3 seeds in sectional play. Of course they would not be in each other's sectional (Dayton only has 3 sectionals) but they are always set up to meet in the district's and regional semis so long as they handle business like they are supposed to.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-13-17, 01:36 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Wilmington plays in the Cincinnati sectional--that means they are beating Cincinnati sectional teams before the Regional tournament--you ask the Southwest District Board why they don't play in the Dayton sectional--most Cincinnati schools wonder the same thing. But you can't claim Wilmington based on their location--sorry pal!

Cincinnat has 5 sectionals because they have 31 teams--Dayton has 3 sectionals because they have just 21 teams--less teams to beat to get to the District--pure and simple. And since you went back 4 years when the current seniors were in the 8th grade--if you go back 5 years when they were in 7th grade the Regional Final 4 was Fairfield (GMC), Middletown (GMC), Moeller (GCL), and Withrow (Cincy) and Fairfield was Regional Champ--so that means it's 6-4 Cincy teams in the Regional finals over the past 5 years.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-13-17, 01:39 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,159
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
ďI think the systemís a little bit flawed. I think there should be a computer-based system that takes some of the animosity out of it. A lot of people get ticked off at each other because they got this seed or that seed. If football can do it, why canít we move to a computer-based system that takes out the subjectivity of it and go from there?Ē

Sounds like Adkins is saying a lot of what I've said about the current system. Get your ranking and then you are slotted in the tournament based on that ranking. None of this picking and choosing. You are given what you are given. Eliminates not just the animosity of who got what ranking, but also the animosity over why people chose what slots in the brackets as well.
I would love to see a computer based system in high school basketball. Would be hard to do though IMO with schedules and trying to guess how good teams will be the following year. Like take Aiken for example had great seasons last 2 years we scheduled them thinking we would get a tough game, game was over before halftime. But there has to be something to stop all the back door deals or the because you gave me a crap seed last year im going to pay you back
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-13-17, 01:39 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Centerville would of played Wayne last year had Wayne not gotten upset by LE. Would of been 3 years in a row that Wayne and Centerville met up in the tournament.

Putting words in my mouth again. Show me where I said Centerville always jumps in Waynes "sectional"?

The last few years Wayne and Centerville have been top 3 seeds in sectional play. Of course they would not be in each other's sectional (Dayton only has 3 sectionals) but they are always set up to meet in the district's and regional semis so long as they handle business like they are supposed to.
Every team is set up to play each other eventually "if they take care of business'--you originally said Northmont was weaker than Wayne or Centerville--I'll ask again why didn't Centerville go in with Northmont instead of Wayne?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-13-17, 01:45 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,641
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Wilmington plays in the Cincinnati sectional--that means they are beating Cincinnati sectional teams before the Regional tournament--you ask the Southwest District Board why they don't play in the Dayton sectional--most Cincinnati schools wonder the same thing. But you can't claim Wilmington based on their location--sorry pal!

Cincinnat has 5 sectionals because they have 31 teams--Dayton has 3 sectionals because they have just 21 teams--less teams to beat to get to the District--pure and simple. And since you went back 4 years when the current seniors were in the 8th grade--if you go back 5 years when they were in 7th grade the Regional Final 4 was Fairfield (GMC), Middletown (GMC), Moeller (GCL), and Withrow (Cincy) and Fairfield was Regional Champ--so that means it's 6-4 Cincy teams in the Regional finals over the past 5 years.
Ok than just go back 3 years since we are only including the current players in high school. What's the count than? Wilmington comes from neither Dayton or Cincinnati I wasn't trying to claim them. I feel as though it shouldn't count for either city but since they play in the Cincinnati sectional I will give you that.

I understand why Cincinnati has more sectionals. My point is that more teams in the sectionals and more teams in the district's should = more regional success. The only reason this doesn't happen is because Dayton has had better teams the last couple of years.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-13-17, 01:46 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,641
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Every team is set up to play each other eventually "if they take care of business'--you originally said Northmont was weaker than Wayne or Centerville--I'll ask again why didn't Centerville go in with Northmont instead of Wayne?
Because they are more familiar with Wayne and they know if they win they will have to play Mason instead of LaSalle.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-13-17, 01:52 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,641
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Wilmington plays in the Cincinnati sectional--that means they are beating Cincinnati sectional teams before the Regional tournament--you ask the Southwest District Board why they don't play in the Dayton sectional--most Cincinnati schools wonder the same thing. But you can't claim Wilmington based on their location--sorry pal!

Cincinnat has 5 sectionals because they have 31 teams--Dayton has 3 sectionals because they have just 21 teams--less teams to beat to get to the District--pure and simple. And since you went back 4 years when the current seniors were in the 8th grade--if you go back 5 years when they were in 7th grade the Regional Final 4 was Fairfield (GMC), Middletown (GMC), Moeller (GCL), and Withrow (Cincy) and Fairfield was Regional Champ--so that means it's 6-4 Cincy teams in the Regional finals over the past 5 years.
Btw if we are just using the last 3 years...

GWOC teams 4 regional final appearances
GCL 1 regional final appearance
Wilmington 1 regional final appearance (who knows what conference they are in....)

The fact that I used 4 years because the current senior class has yet to compete worked to your favor. Unfortunately you had a great point and I guess it's only relevant to only include the #s for the current high school players.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-13-17, 01:53 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Because they are more familiar with Wayne and they know if they win they will have to play Mason instead of LaSalle.
Sounds like a good reason--I'd certainly look forward to playing one of those two teams in the District final--I anticipate Dayton's top teams will make it through as well as Cincy's and on March 11th they can figure it out on the court at UD Arena--so much better than Wright State for the players and fans.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-13-17, 02:52 PM
zevon6542 zevon6542 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-20-12
Posts: 190
zevon6542 is on a distinguished road
Clearly the Dayton teams from the Dayton sectionals have represented very well vs. Cincy sectionals in the last three regionals. Last year with Centerville making surprise run to the Elite 8, 2015 with three of the four regional teams from the Dayton sectional with Wayne going to win the state tournament and in 2014 with Trotwood & Wayne coming from Dayton sectional and Trotwood moving out of regional. Centerville's district wins over 22-2 Elder in 2015 and 21-3 LaSalle in the district championships certainly helped along with Wayne's strong teams over the last few seasons. This is even more amplified by the fact Dayton has a 23 team sectional while Cincy has a 31 team sectionals and gets 5 teams into the district game.

Only time will tell if this trend continues in 2017. I think Moeller is a lock to make the regional given their draw. The other 3 spots will be between 4 teams from Cincy and 5 teams from Dayton.

I'm guessing Centerville didn't go in Northmont's bracket because it had both Northmont & Sidney in the sectional bracket. And later got a healthy Springboro team in that bracket; so three of top 7 Dayton seeds in one sectional bracket.

Not sure you can say Centerville "chooses the route" that leads to Wayne. Chose them in the sectional this year and in 2014. But stayed away from them in the sectionals the last two seasons. Met up in regionals in 2015 but you can only manage the brackets for so long in the tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-14-17, 07:26 AM
JAS JAS is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Location: Dayton
Posts: 139
JAS is on a distinguished road
Centerville choice wasn't difficult, be the 3rd team in Northmont/Sidney sectional or be the other team in either Wayne or Springfield sectional. Centerville chose to go to Wayne makes sense to me.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-14-17, 02:13 PM
Kballer Kballer is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,273
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Btw if we are just using the last 3 years...

GWOC teams 4 regional final appearances
GCL 1 regional final appearance
Wilmington 1 regional final appearance (who knows what conference they are in....)

The fact that I used 4 years because the current senior class has yet to compete worked to your favor. Unfortunately you had a great point and I guess it's only relevant to only include the #s for the current high school players.
What's exactly has your point been- that the GWOC teams have have made more regional finals than GCL or GMC teams? It's hardly a contest- the entire sectional/district is almost exclusively GWOC teams, right? Something like 17 out of 21 teams? The GCL has 3 out of 31 teams in the Cincinnati sections.

Last edited by Kballer; 02-16-17 at 12:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-14-17, 02:14 PM
Kballer Kballer is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,273
Kballer is on a distinguished road
And Wilmington is still an independent as far as I know.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-14-17, 02:36 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
And Wilmington is still an independent as far as I know.
Wilmington plays in the SCOL--South Central Ohio League--mostly lower than D1 schools.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-15-17, 12:00 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 11,604
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
What's exactly has your point been- that the SWOC teams have have made more regional finals than GCL or GMC teams? It's hardly a contest- the entire sectional/district is almost exclusively SWOC teams, right? Something like 17 out of 21 teams? The GCL has 3 out of 31 teams in the Cincinnati sections.
You mean GWOC right?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-16-17, 12:21 AM
Kballer Kballer is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,273
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
You mean GWOC right?
yes, was talking about two leagues at the same time and wrote wrong one. I'll fix
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-16-17, 12:28 AM
Kballer Kballer is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,273
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Wilmington plays in the SCOL--South Central Ohio League--mostly lower than D1 schools.
My mistake- you are correct, not sure why I thought they were independent!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-16-17, 12:49 PM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,641
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
What's exactly has your point been- that the GWOC teams have have made more regional finals than GCL or GMC teams? It's hardly a contest- the entire sectional/district is almost exclusively GWOC teams, right? Something like 17 out of 21 teams? The GCL has 3 out of 31 teams in the Cincinnati sections.
Which works even further to my point. Dayton D-1 is covered by one conference. Cincy D-1 covers 4 or 5 conferences.

I will re word it for you than. In the last 3 years....

4 Dayton schools in the regional finals. 2 "Cincinnati" schools.

No matter how it is worded or how it is spun that should never happen.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-16-17, 01:28 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Which works even further to my point. Dayton D-1 is covered by one conference. Cincy D-1 covers 4 or 5 conferences.

I will re word it for you than. In the last 3 years....

4 Dayton schools in the regional finals. 2 "Cincinnati" schools.

No matter how it is worded or how it is spun that should never happen.
Catch me we talked about this the other day--and if you take the past 4 years it's 4 Cincy and 4 Dayton and the past 5 years it's 6 Cincy and 4 Dayton--so over the past 3 years Dayton has been slightly better getting teams to the Regional Final--I don't remember Cincy folks bragging about how much better they were than Dayton when in 2012 all 4 teams in the Regionals were from Cincy--it's cyclical and Dayton has performed better over the past 3 years--kudos. Let's see in a few weeks how it shakes out this year.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-16-17, 01:55 PM
bigv bigv is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Posts: 1,641
bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Catch me we talked about this the other day--and if you take the past 4 years it's 4 Cincy and 4 Dayton and the past 5 years it's 6 Cincy and 4 Dayton--so over the past 3 years Dayton has been slightly better getting teams to the Regional Final--I don't remember Cincy folks bragging about how much better they were than Dayton when in 2012 all 4 teams in the Regionals were from Cincy--it's cyclical and Dayton has performed better over the past 3 years--kudos. Let's see in a few weeks how it shakes out this year.
If you don't remember the Cincy folks bragging you have a bad memory,that's all they do when they have a reason.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-16-17, 02:06 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,156
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
If you don't remember the Cincy folks bragging you have a bad memory,that's all they do when they have a reason.
Sorry bigV I have a real good memory from playing and coaching in Regional tourney games--facts are facts--Cincy stronger if you go back 5 years and Dayton stronger by 1 game if you go back 3 years--but none of that matters because this is a new year.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-16-17, 02:19 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 11,604
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Which works even further to my point. Dayton D-1 is covered by one conference. Cincy D-1 covers 4 or 5 conferences.

I will re word it for you than. In the last 3 years....

4 Dayton schools in the regional finals. 2 "Cincinnati" schools.

No matter how it is worded or how it is spun that should never happen.
Should never happen? You mean: not as likely to happen. Dayton's been better the past couple years. It doesn't mean anything one way or the other for this year, but the trend has been Dayton > Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-16-17, 02:28 PM
bigv bigv is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Posts: 1,641
bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Sorry bigV I have a real good memory from playing and coaching in Regional tourney games--facts are facts--Cincy stronger if you go back 5 years and Dayton stronger by 1 game if you go back 3 years--but none of that matters because this is a new year.
I didn't say Cincy was not better,you said you didn't recall Cincy folk bragging,no one does it better
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-16-17, 02:29 PM
bigv bigv is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Posts: 1,641
bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Sorry bigV I have a real good memory from playing and coaching in Regional tourney games--facts are facts--Cincy stronger if you go back 5 years and Dayton stronger by 1 game if you go back 3 years--but none of that matters because this is a new year.
Shaping up to be a great tournament
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D1 Tournament Draw - Sectional Predictions SportsObserver513 Boys Soccer 51 10-21-16 02:12 PM
D-1 Cincinnati Sectional Records For 2/7 Seeding CometCountry Boys Basketball 167 02-29-16 01:19 PM
D2 Sectional Draw - Tippecanoe CoachCoffey Wrestling 0 01-24-16 08:45 PM
Sectional Draw Go Green Wrestling 14 01-21-16 01:19 PM
Northwood Jim Derr Invite flyingeagle Wrestling 33 12-06-15 09:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz