Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-03-17, 10:21 PM
Varsity

NotCharlesBarkley is on a distinguished road
Why is Strongsville so Bad?

I thought that transfer kid was supposed to take them to the next level. They are 0-5 with the new guy, 4-12 overall. Do the coaches and players just not care? That used to be a solid program under Joe Lynch.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-17, 10:08 AM
All American

mustang fan
In defense of Strongsville' poor record, the bulk of the team's talent is in the junior class...Seniors on the roster contribute little as to playing time and/or output...So, next year would appear to be a brighter one for this program.

Omari Peek gaining eligibility at mid-season definitely makes the team more competitive. Without him, the Mustangs would have very little chance except against the weakest of opponents as there just doesn't exist enough talent on the roster. The program (like many others in the district) is just down.

Looking ahead with the balance of the regular season schedule...I see tough sledding against Brunswick, Elyria and Solon...A better chance perhaps against Berea-Midpark...And the Mustangs have beaten Euclid previously.

I have a couple of questions pertaining to Peek though that perhaps a poster can answer for me...First, I understand that Omari transferred in from out of the area (Cincy, I am told) and he has been here the entire school year...If so, why wasn't he eligible to play right away and for the entire season?...Second, and the bigger question for me is, if he did transfer in from out of the area...Why to Stronsgville?
Old 02-15-17, 01:59 AM
Varsity

NotCharlesBarkley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang fan View Post
In defense of Strongsville' poor record, the bulk of the team's talent is in the junior class...Seniors on the roster contribute little as to playing time and/or output...So, next year would appear to be a brighter one for this program.

Omari Peek gaining eligibility at mid-season definitely makes the team more competitive. Without him, the Mustangs would have very little chance except against the weakest of opponents as there just doesn't exist enough talent on the roster. The program (like many others in the district) is just down.

Looking ahead with the balance of the regular season schedule...I see tough sledding against Brunswick, Elyria and Solon...A better chance perhaps against Berea-Midpark...And the Mustangs have beaten Euclid previously.

I have a couple of questions pertaining to Peek though that perhaps a poster can answer for me...First, I understand that Omari transferred in from out of the area (Cincy, I am told) and he has been here the entire school year...If so, why wasn't he eligible to play right away and for the entire season?...Second, and the bigger question for me is, if he did transfer in from out of the area...Why to Stronsgville?
Why Strongsville instead of St Edwards or SVSM? Great question.

Strongsville lost at Elyria in OT, 78-75. Got a big game from one of their seniors that hadn't played much, scoring 25. Not sure why he hasn't played more, maybe he was injured.

Brackets have Strongsville potentially meeting Elyria again. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season.
Old 02-15-17, 09:32 PM
Freshman

svilleresident92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCharlesBarkley View Post
Why Strongsville instead of St Edwards or SVSM? Great question.

Strongsville lost at Elyria in OT, 78-75. Got a big game from one of their seniors that hadn't played much, scoring 25. Not sure why he hasn't played more, maybe he was injured.

Brackets have Strongsville potentially meeting Elyria again. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season.
#24 Senior Mark Orszycki had the 25. Not playing because of tendonitis all season and a pissed off bad attitude, probably because of tendonitis all season, but apparently not last night
Old 02-16-17, 08:31 AM
Junior Varsity

PortageCountySports is on a distinguished road
Why Strongville?

Probably because it's a nice suburb to live in...

It doesn't matter if he is good and plays there as opposed to on a "better" team at another school. HS doesn't matter too much when college scouts predominantly spend thir time at AAU tournaments, not HS games.
Old 02-16-17, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortageCountySports View Post
Why Strongville?

Probably because it's a nice suburb to live in...

It doesn't matter if he is good and plays there as opposed to on a "better" team at another school. HS doesn't matter too much when college scouts predominantly spend thir time at AAU tournaments, not HS games.
Exactly