Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-17, 10:39 AM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Okay, good job listing your credentials
Just level setting this guy's original quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
I get it, concussion are a big deal. As a player, coach, and official I have been involved in interscholastic football for over 50 years. I know a lot more about the issue than you or your purple friend.
If you feel I presented them as credentials, okay.
Old 02-08-17, 10:47 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Changing rules of youth football to make it safer is about a payday for guys in the 60s and 70s? How so?
That's just it, it does not. Many have lept to the assumption that youth football contact is equal to college and professional contact.

My point was that one of the main reasons this is a discussion point is because the NFL has money and lots of it. You have players who played at a time when there wasn't much money in being a pro football player. Now the retired players just can't ask for a handout, so they've come up with the "concussion" issue to blackmail money from the league. The league has lots of money and doesn't want the negative publicity, so they give the retired players a few crumbs to keep them quite. If the NFL had no money, this would not be an issue.

Now of course as much as we helicopter parent our kids these days, we have to ensure they they have no chance of ever getting hurt doing anything. So this is where the youth football issue comes in.
Old 02-08-17, 10:54 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
That's just it, it does not. Many have lept to the assumption that youth football contact is equal to college and professional contact.

My point was that one of the main reasons this is a discussion point is because the NFL has money and lots of it. You have players who played at a time when there wasn't much money in being a pro football player. Now the retired players just can't ask for a handout, so they've come up with the "concussion" issue to blackmail money from the league. The league has lots of money and doesn't want the negative publicity, so they give the retired players a few crumbs to keep them quite. If the NFL had no money, this would not be an issue.

Now of course as much as we helicopter parent our kids these days, we have to ensure they they have no chance of ever getting hurt doing anything. So this is where the youth football issue comes in.
But you just said it was all about money. You even capitalized the letters and everything. The real issue is parents are concerned it isn't a safe sport for their child, which studies are supporting, and plans to mitigate those safety concerns. You can blame helicopter parenting, but that isn't going to stop the participation rate from declining if these concerns aren't alleviated.
Old 02-08-17, 04:20 PM
All Ohio

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
No it wasn't. It was a comment attempting to ridicule me.
No it wasn't. I've got nothing against marching band, My son played football in junior high, but in high school he was in the band.

Get over yourself.

Last edited by chs1971; 02-08-17 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-08-17, 04:29 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
No it wasn't. I've got nothing against marching band, My son played football in junior high, but in highschool he was in the band.

Get over yourself.
Of course it was.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: