Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-26-18, 08:52 AM
All Region

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
On another note, the SWOC should see the writing on the wall and need to take steps to remain viable. How does the SWOC do it? They need to extend Winton Woods an invitation immediately. They shouldnt just sit there and hope that Little Miami doesnt bolt, or the ECC doesnt expand to 10.
I can back up hawg's statement from earlier that ECC toured Winton Woods earlier this week. Little Miami has applied, and Winton Woods has applied again along with Lebanon just like last time. ECC could be going to 10 teams unless SWOC makes a run at Winton Woods.
Old 10-26-18, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsweepaudible22 View Post
i can back up hawg's statement from earlier that ecc toured winton woods earlier this week. They have applied again along with lebanon. Ecc could be going to 12 teams unless swoc makes a run at winton woods.
10*
Old 10-26-18, 08:57 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
10*
thanks redskin, I edited it.

Don and Warrior, which Winton Woods assistant coach is being suspended from the playoffs for recruiting? Saw that article today.
Old 10-26-18, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 View Post

Don and Warrior, which Winton Woods assistant coach is being suspended from the playoffs for recruiting? Saw that article today.
Pretty sure you just gave hoser a boner.
Old 10-26-18, 09:17 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Fake news???
Old 10-26-18, 10:40 AM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But I do also have to say this. Does Winton Woods athletics benefit from open enrollment? Absolutely yes. No one is trying to suggest we dont.
Football and Basketball was still doing great before the open enrollment as well.
Old 10-26-18, 10:49 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstacked View Post
Fake news???
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...st/1764187002/

Here you go...that doesn't bode well for a school trying to find a league.
Old 10-26-18, 11:45 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I havent heard anything about it. Ill ask around at the game tonite.
Old 10-26-18, 11:46 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post

I believe it happened long ago
Old 10-26-18, 12:10 PM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Wow, thanks! As someone who has been around various programs and with kids of my own, I know a lot of HS in Ohio who have violated the rules based on the language written in the rule. I think it's one that many schools/ coaches do, but everyone kinds of turns a blind eye to.
One example is about a GCL school who had a Head coach go to the home of a kid from Reading and sit down and talk to the parents and the kid about coming to their school. The kid was already attending Reading HS, but the following year he was at the GCL school.
Old 10-26-18, 12:33 PM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
I believe it happened long ago
Hopefully in a galaxy far far away!!!
Old 10-26-18, 12:50 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hopefully in a galaxy far far away!!!
Yea. The E.C..C. officials knew of this before there visit.
Old 10-26-18, 01:02 PM
All District

snowman33 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know who all applied for the ECC? I'm a Harrison guy and our AD seems pretty committed to the SWOC but at some point you have to look out for your own school's interests if you think your league is in trouble. I like the SWOC and I'd prefer to make it work and stay but we do have a great history with Anderson (play non-conference every year) and we've also played Kings many times along with playing many ECC schools in other sports.
Old 10-26-18, 03:22 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:

Uh OMG, I am shocked. Uh cant be true.
Old 10-26-18, 06:04 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Actually, they are. The report card is a bit skewd. We have a heavy influx of kids trying to get into a better situation. From CPS, Mt. Healthy, NCH, Hamilton etc. WW is a Tech school and also has the Academy of Global Studies. Parents are very interested in these programs. The kids that want to get a good education at WW, they do it. Others aren't motivated. Take in consideration that about 30 to 40 percent of the students are special education, makes it .more difficult to achieve. The kids that have been in the district from kindergarten achieve at a high level.
I do agree that the students motivated to succeed and supported by parents or guardians get a good education from WW...
If students are in Hamilton they pass up several HS that outperforms WW, Ross, FF, Baden etc.
CPS has Walnut Hills.."If they can get in" this is a much bigger upgrade (academically) over WW. I do agree, Mt. Healthy and NCH have more problems than any neighboring schools and students/parents may be looking for options But they are like, Winton Woods members of tech school giant Great Oaks.
Old 10-26-18, 06:49 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB Fan View Post
I do agree that the students motivated to succeed and supported by parents or guardians get a good education from WW...
If students are in Hamilton they pass up several HS that outperforms WW, Ross, FF, Baden etc.
CPS has Walnut Hills.."If they can get in" this is a much bigger upgrade (academically) over WW. I do agree, Mt. Healthy and NCH have more problems than any neighboring schools and students/parents may be looking for options But they are like, Winton Woods members of tech school giant Great Oaks.
Uh, I agree Walnut Hills is a really good academic school. Uh other than that CPS is a zero.
Old 10-30-18, 08:03 PM
All Ohio

PrfctTimeOfDay is on a distinguished road
So now that we know that Lebanon, Little Miami, and Winton Woods applied, who do you think the ECC takes? My guess is that they want both Lebanon and Little Miami but will only select one bc....well you know: Optics. Here's what I think they do, Lebanon and Little Miami are virtually the same, but if you take Little Miami it will open up a spot in the SWOC who will desperately need another school and guess who would be a great fit? Winton Woods. The ECC basically kills 2 birds with 1 stone. The SWOC will need a school in order to survive and Winton Woods fits geographically and with the type of sports they offer/don't offer. So, there's my take. Thoughts? Other Guesses?
Old 10-30-18, 09:06 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrfctTimeOfDay View Post
So now that we know that Lebanon, Little Miami, and Winton Woods applied, who do you think the ECC takes? My guess is that they want both Lebanon and Little Miami but will only select one bc....well you know: Optics. Here's what I think they do, Lebanon and Little Miami are virtually the same, but if you take Little Miami it will open up a spot in the SWOC who will desperately need another school and guess who would be a great fit? Winton Woods. The ECC basically kills 2 birds with 1 stone. The SWOC will need a school in order to survive and Winton Woods fits geographically and with the type of sports they offer/don't offer. So, there's my take. Thoughts? Other Guesses?
Sounds like a good bet. If I were Winton Woods and Lebanon I'd apply to the GMC. Just apply. GMC is becoming haves and have nots. Would be good to add these 2 to the mix.

Two divisions of 6 with football crossovers. Doing right by WW.

North
Middletown
Hamilton
Fairfield
Lebanon
Winton Woods
Mason

South
Princeton
Colerain
Sycamore
Oak Hills
Lakota West
Lakota East

Sort out the details!

I personally won't be shocked if ECC goes to 10 teams....and takes all 3.
Old 10-31-18, 07:45 AM
All Region

ECC is taking all 3.
Old 10-31-18, 07:58 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Harrison is making a mistake by not applying, this is the beginning of the end for the SWOC
Old 10-31-18, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

Hopefully this sticks for a while. Should be a great stable league for a long time.
Old 10-31-18, 09:23 AM
All Yappi

SWOC needs to go after Franklin and Monroe, makes the most sense from what I can tell.
Old 10-31-18, 09:23 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope View Post
Harrison is making a mistake by not applying, this is the beginning of the end for the SWOC
How is losing LM the beginning of the end for the SWOC? Is going from a 7 team odd number conference down to an even number of 6 really a death sentence for a conference of smaller schools?

If it does start to unravel, then what? Does SWOC try to join with CHL and make a larger 14 team conference with 2 "divisions" of 7?
Old 10-31-18, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
How is losing LM the beginning of the end for the SWOC? Is going from a 7 team odd number conference down to an even number of 6 really a death sentence for a conference of smaller schools?

If it does start to unravel, then what? Does SWOC try to join with CHL and make a larger 14 team conference with 2 "divisions" of 7?
From a football stand point, which this is mainly about, makes it really hard to schedule 5 nonconference games when most leagues, GMC/ECC will be moving to an 8 game league schedule. My guess is also with the CMAC adding Withrow back, that they could move to an 8 game league schedule as well.
Old 10-31-18, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

The SWOC needs to immediately extend Winton Woods an invite to save itself and hope Winton Woods accepts. And then go after an 8th member if Little Miami does in fact bolt. All Ive heard is an annoucement will be made Friday. The ECC could just be taking 1 to replace Withrow,. The ECC end game is to have an even number of members, at least 8.
Old 10-31-18, 09:48 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin17 View Post
From a football stand point, which this is mainly about, makes it really hard to schedule 5 nonconference games when most leagues, GMC/ECC will be moving to an 8 game league schedule. My guess is also with the CMAC adding Withrow back, that they could move to an 8 game league schedule as well.
I understand what you are saying with regards to football, but being smaller schools, where none are "juggernauts" is finding someone to play 1 more non-conference game truly that difficult for these schools? I honestly don't know, just curious.
Old 10-31-18, 09:50 AM
All Ohio

W@rrior 11 is on a distinguished road
WW struggle years of not having a conference home will soon come to an end with this happening.
Old 10-31-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I understand what you are saying with regards to football, but being smaller schools, where none are "juggernauts" is finding someone to play 1 more non-conference game truly that difficult for these schools? I honestly don't know, just curious.
Its not easy, once everybody else enters conference schedule and your conference is looking for 1 every week. Unless the conference is willing to throw its football teams on the field with GCL and GCL like opponents. Thats the main reason why SWOC members Edgewood and Northwest scheduled Winton Woods. It was either do it or travel to Columbus in the middle of the season.
Old 10-31-18, 09:57 AM
All Ohio

DaPope is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Not weeks 1-3, but it is weeks 4-10 when other schools have league games. You are more than likely either traveling great distances or playing Teams no one else will. (ie... Winton Woods or The GCL) luckily for Harrison they are in a spot they can look to Indiana and Kentucky as well.
Old 10-31-18, 10:24 AM
All Region

Quote:
The SWOC needs to immediately extend Winton Woods an invite to save itself and hope Winton Woods accepts. And then go after an 8th member if Little Miami does in fact bolt. All Ive heard is an annoucement will be made Friday. The ECC could just be taking 1 to replace Withrow,. The ECC end game is to have an even number of members, at least 8.
SWOC doesn't want any part of Winton Woods.