Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: How does this one end?
Comets win, 7+ pts - The Comets hit their avg of 200 rushing yards and shock the world! 1 3.57%
Comets Win, 1-7 pts 0 0%
Cards Win, Less than 10 pts 3 10.71%
Cards Win, 11-20 pts 10 35.71%
Cards win, 21+ pts - Mason is 0-11 against Colerain all-time, right? 14 50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-18, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
GMC GOTW: Colerain Cardinals (6-0) vs. Mason Comets (5-1)

Alright, been a few weeks since the Cards had a game really worth breaking down. We may have lost tofer23 until the playoffs as he's gone AWOL.

I'll add analysis later but wanted to get this up today so we can begin the discussion so we can see what kind of a game this is going to be.

Let's hear it! Predictions, analysis, GO!

-CardinalsFan
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-18, 09:16 AM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

It will been on a running clock by half time. Mason struggled against Lakota West. Mason's last 2 TD's came with less than 5 minutes to play in the game.
West actually had a chance to win the game right before that but........ i do not see Mason around very much in this one. LS not to look for level II points on this game.
Old 10-01-18, 09:17 AM
Inactive

GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
Alright, been a few weeks since the Cards had a game really worth breaking down. We may have lost tofer23 until the playoffs as he's gone AWOL.

I'll add analysis later but wanted to get this up today so we can begin the discussion so we can see what kind of a game this is going to be.

Let's hear it! Predictions, analysis, GO!

-CardinalsFan
Another week of a game not worth breaking down
Old 10-01-18, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAT View Post
Another week of a game not worth breaking down
Oh come on....they are 5-1. I know the wins aren't all that impressive but can we at least hear from the Mason folks about who we should be keeping an eye on in this game?

Tough 3-game stretch for the Cards coming up culminating in Sr. night in 3 weeks vs. Fairfield.

-CardinalsFan
Old 10-01-18, 10:48 AM
Inactive

The rest of the season should be blowouts if this team is for real. The X win is looking less impressive each week and if not for the weather delay probably would have been a loss.

@Mason should be an easy win, not enough athletes to match up with the Cards
@East might be a tough first half because East is at home
FF @home should be a pull away in second half, FF does have some athletes to match the Cards
Old 10-01-18, 11:37 AM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh come on....they are 5-1. I know the wins aren't all that impressive but can we at least hear from the Mason folks about who we should be keeping an eye on in this game?

Tough 3-game stretch for the Cards coming up culminating in Sr. night in 3 weeks vs. Fairfield.

-CardinalsFan
I've watched both teams play this year and here is my rundown.

This is a Mason team who beats who they should,..but never makes it look easy. They've beat one team with a winning record and that's Sycamore at 4-2. The rest of the Comet opponents are either at or below .500 and they've struggled. Springboro, Oak Hills, Hamilton and West they had problems with.

Their go to backs are Dalton and McCormick. Both are decent with the Oline they have in front of them. The Oline is big but they aren't athletic and don't move very well. Dalton is the inside hammer guy and McCormick is the outside speed back.

Colin Brown is the QB. With the Oline he has, he's usually always pressured. He has an above average arm but accuracy is not his strong suit.

Receivers are adequate but nothing exceptional.

Defense has a few playmakers on the Dline in Cam Wood, Chase Evans and Casey Miller. LB's Molinari and Sipe are decent but the starting MIKE LB, Jake Haglich won't be playing for a while due to an injury. Defense loses a lot without him.

Secondary for Mason doesn't have the speed to stay with Colerain. The Cards backs will consistently beat up Mason on the outside.

Overall, Mason isn't strong enough or fast enough on either side of the ball to have much success against Colerain. I'll be surprised if Mason has 100 yards of offense the first half. I'll also predict Colerain has at least 6+ sacks on the night.

Colerain 45 Mason 10
Old 10-01-18, 11:59 AM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Colerain 42

Mason 14 late in the game

Another yawner.
Old 10-01-18, 03:30 PM
All Region

CardSharp is on a distinguished road
"IF" MoeDude and CometDad are right in their blowout predictions with Colerain on the road, and I don't think they are, then Colerain has their best team since 2004. Cards pass defense bothers me.
Old 10-01-18, 04:11 PM
All World

The Myth is on a distinguished road
Here is how Mason vs Colerain regular season games go in my eyes. Mason game plans a way to win 1 series on defense and then runs some gimmicky play like TE away from the play action that puts them in good enough position to get some points. Colerain gets the ball back and goes on some 10 play scoring drive beating up Mason's defense in the process. Mason then gets the ball back and goes 3 and out trying to pass too much. Colerain gets the ball back and home run on some counter or pitch. Mason gets the ball back and throws a pick 6 still throwing the ball too much. At this point, Mason is down two scores they start feeling sorry for themselves and they fold. There can be a variance in there somewhere where Colerain turns over the ball in the beginning and the game stays a little closer at the start but the ending outcome is the same just delayed.

Mason's OL/DL may be the biggest it has ever been. It is their strength and they are actually getting a lot better every game. Obviously they haven't faced a defense like Colerain but almost every game there is a point where you can tell that Mason's OL/DL has taken over the game where you see one of the Mason's RBs getting a big TD run. Last 4 games either McCormick or Dalton has broken a TD over 50 yards. But Mason's glaring weakness is their lack of speed. Mason's DBs are slow. Mason's WRs are slow. They will play their assignments well but Colerain will get outside and they will score. Also Mason's poor tackling with result in at least 1 TD.
Old 10-01-18, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Good information from Mason fans. Looks like it may be more like 2011 than 2015 or 2016. Either way good luck to both teams.
Old 10-01-18, 05:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSharp View Post
"IF" MoeDude and CometDad are right in their blowout predictions with Colerain on the road, and I don't think they are, then Colerain has their best team since 2004. Cards pass defense bothers me.
Hmmmm....they have allowed 4 passing TD's in 6 games (2 to St. X) and allow less than 83 yards/game passing.

Just curious....what would they have to do so you weren't "bothered?"

I'll hang up and listen.

-CardinalsFan
Old 10-02-18, 08:55 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Does anyone else find it strange that Mason would have Colerain in as it's Homecoming game? Maybe Mason will be even more jacked up to play the Cards......but still not sure its gonna help! The Cards are just too loaded and I don't think Mason can keep up with the Cards skill people.
Old 10-02-18, 04:34 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Mason plays a tough first quarter but falls away quick. 28-7 CARDS at the half final 42-13.
Old 10-02-18, 10:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstacked View Post
Does anyone else find it strange that Mason would have Colerain in as it's Homecoming game? Maybe Mason will be even more jacked up to play the Cards......but still not sure its gonna help! The Cards are just too loaded and I don't think Mason can keep up with the Cards skill people.
Pretty sure they don't pick the game. The schedule is set by the GMC office.

-CardinalsFan
Old 10-03-18, 08:52 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pretty sure they don't pick the game. The schedule is set by the GMC office.

-CardinalsFan
I know that the schedule is set by the conference but I would think each individual school chooses when their homecoming is?

The schools would know best when the weekend is ideal for the event given other local events etc.

But yes, choosing Colerain as the opponent for a festive event like homecoming is a little odd, at least for football. But there are only so many fall weekends with home games.

Ross had theirs week 3!
Old 10-03-18, 09:02 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
I know that the schedule is set by the conference but I would think each individual school chooses when their homecoming is?

The schools would know best when the weekend is ideal for the event given other local events etc.

But yes, choosing Colerain as the opponent for a festive event like homecoming is a little odd, at least for football. But there are only so many fall weekends with home games.

Ross had theirs week 3!
Exactly, League tells them who they are playing, but the school can decide when their homecoming will be. I think the rivalry home game vs. Sycamore earlier in year or the Princeton game in 2 weeks might have been better options, but maybe there were logistical issues on those weeks. I know when I was in HS, our team was so bad we were always everyone's Homecoming game because it was an easy W for them! lol
Old 10-05-18, 10:15 AM
All World

CardDad is on a distinguished road
Game day! May learn a great deal tonight about both teams.
Pray for no injuries to either team.
Go Cards!
Old 10-05-18, 07:46 PM
Inactive

As predicted the GMC is weak this year. This team is not 2004 but the league reminds me of 2004.
Old 10-05-18, 08:46 PM
All World

CardDad is on a distinguished road
What happened second half?