Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-26-18, 11:58 AM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
2 time Ms. Basketball Kierstan Bell has committed to the Ohio State University.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...-kierstan-bell
Old 08-27-18, 02:28 PM
All American

Wadz06 is on a distinguished road
I heard a rumor she is not playing her senior year. Is that true? McGal, IUDOGS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-18, 03:06 PM
Freshman

bear1980 is on a distinguished road
She did not play this summer with McKinley. She had stated she was going to Massillon and then Alliance. From McKinley people I have spoken to she was kicked off of the team, not sure of the reason why
Old 08-27-18, 03:26 PM
All American

Wow not good, thought maybe she didn’t want to risk injury

Old 08-28-18, 12:15 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Not much indication of her leaving from this article today.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/2018...-was-great-fit
Old 08-28-18, 12:20 PM
Freshman

It is possible the coaches let her come back. I know 100% she did not play for mckinley this summer. It does seem like a pattern with her as she mysteriously disappears every summer from the program. Maybe summer is only mandatory for the other players. Her twitter header at one point was Massillon. They may have been to stir the pot with the Mckinley coaches.
Old 08-28-18, 03:03 PM
All American

Something isn’t right or the normal McKinley posters would have been all over this. Something smells fishy

Old 08-28-18, 03:32 PM
Freshman

FFMbuck is on a distinguished road
I heard a rumor over the summer that it was discovered she is too old and is no longer eligible to play. But I've never seen it substantiated.
Old 08-28-18, 08:09 PM
Freshman

She is only 18. She turns 19 during the season so that is not true. What is true is the alchohol and drug violations during the off season. That she did publically. I dont see how mckinkey administrators can just ignore that behavior. Athletes should be held to the same standards. Not one set of rules as ms ohio. Its sad to see adults fail this child letting her get away with so much with no consequences
Old 08-28-18, 10:41 PM
All Region

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear1980 View Post
She is only 18. She turns 19 during the season so that is not true. What is true is the alchohol and drug violations during the off season. That she did publically. I dont see how mckinkey administrators can just ignore that behavior. Athletes should be held to the same standards. Not one set of rules as ms ohio. Its sad to see adults fail this child letting her get away with so much with no consequences

Very disappointing if that is true..should be held to a higher standard. With her talent she needs to use it as a platform to inspire young kids to want to play BB. Doubt any kind of thing like that will be tolerated in College.
Old 08-28-18, 11:34 PM
All American

chocolatecity is on a distinguished road
Wow!
Old 08-29-18, 11:10 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Wow can you guys stop guessing about something that you have no clue about? I haven't posted because it's no one's business. No she didn't play with the team this summer. Yes she's at McKinley. What she said on Twitter is none of my business. The articles about her commitment to OSU seem pretty clear in her plans to return, break the other records she hasn't broken this year, and play.

Those making guesses at what happens in the program clearly don't know what the coaches have in place there. No player is above the program. None.
Old 08-29-18, 06:30 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
I heard she gots a third knuckle on her left index finger or somethin weird goin on dere.
Old 08-29-18, 07:14 PM
All American

That will stir up the crazies

Old 08-30-18, 07:13 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Quote:
You're wrong on multiple levels... and shame on you for spreading rumors and talking trash about a child... 18 or not, she's still a kid.
Old 08-30-18, 08:24 AM
All Region

Doesn't matter at this point..she is going to OSU..time to shine or fail. Be humble, keep your grades up and play like Ameryst Alston and Kelsey Mitchell..loved them both. And the most important thing..be a great team mate!

Last edited by JM92; 08-30-18 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-30-18, 12:18 PM
All Region

NEOsportsfan09 is on a distinguished road
I don't take the "Bell wasn't with the team this summer" argument with much weight. From what I understand, the summer days are used for programs to develop their talent, gauge which kids have improved and if they may be ready for varsity, and then for new coaches to see what they have and how to move forward.

McKinley knows what they're getting with Bell. No need for her to play with McKinley during the summer when some freak injury could happen. It gives other kids opportunities to see where they're at within the program as well. That's my opinion though of why Bell not playing summer ball with McKinley is not a big deal at all.

As for her twitter over the summer, she's a kid and kids will stir things up for entertainment, and I think that's all it was at this point.

Whether or not Bell plays this season, I think McKinley will be fine.
Old 08-30-18, 02:02 PM
All American

And there they are......

Old 08-30-18, 03:54 PM
Freshman

None of what I said was false. It was obvious when the stark female athlete of the year did not show up to stark preps. My children have social media just like everyone else. There is no way that administration at McKinley was not made aware of the off season conduct. Is that not why Blackledge was removed from the team last year for Hoover? Hopefully there is some type of punishment or the real shame would be to show the younger players at McKinley that your behavior is tolerated and understood if you are "a kid" As adults, over the age of 18, these behaviors have consequences.
Old 08-30-18, 08:50 PM
All American

Old enough to vote, get married, join the service. You are an adult and it sucks to have the kid gloves removed but it is life

Old 08-31-18, 12:07 AM
All Region

All this drama lol.. all I am going to do this year is watch Ashland basketball and BGSU with Robyn at the helm..great times for sure and of course GlenOak..think they will have a great TEAM this year
Old 08-31-18, 04:55 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Why all the drama,a great female that plays outstanding basketball so can't we just enjoy the ride...BAM!
Old 08-31-18, 11:14 AM
All American

I’m just here to stir the pot

Old 09-06-18, 06:15 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
How shocking that a Jackson fan is the one on here trying to cause trouble. People over there need to move on. It's sad when graduated kids and adults are going after a hs kid on twitter and fans are going after her on here. As the song from Frozen said, "LET IT GO"
Old 09-06-18, 12:19 PM
Freshman

Noone is attacking any child. I think everyone was watching this unfold over the summer. She did not play with McKinley. She was very public with her antics and that she was no longer a member of the McKinley basketball team. Why is everyone over there so quick to cover it up? All of the sticking up for her character last year, I see noone is doing that now. Now, its kids will be kids. I saw the twitter comments back and forth. I believe it was the McKinley fans who were so focused on Lebron being there for Bell when he seemed to not be there for her at all. Yes, she is a great basketball player. Maybe the coaches should take away her very public social media, especially her Facebook live broadcasts of her behavior and then we can buy the great character story.
Old 09-06-18, 07:38 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
bear1980 is correct MCGal. You may not think so but that's your problem. Once the individual (even a teenager) puts it in public from their own twitter it's fair game. Myself I only go to coaches twitter just to get scores because I really don't care what a teenager has to say about anything. Individuals in the world of sports are addicted to twitter including people like LeBron and then take offense when somebody calls them out on something they say. My father would say if you don't want people to call you a bank robber don't rob banks.
Old 09-07-18, 09:16 AM
Freshman

That is my real point here. We all know how coaches warn kids (and parents for that matter )about social media. Here we have a case of Ms. Ohio, the highest honor for a female player in ohio, but her social media paints a picture of someone with no discipline, no regard for her team, school or the game itself. What she posted this summer and the things that she did, she should have been removed from the McKinley basketball program. period. Letting her put on a jersey is a smack in the face to all of those Bulldogs before her, her current team mates and the younger girls in the program. There are consequences!! Unless of course the only goal is to win basketball games.
Old 09-09-18, 11:58 AM
All Region

Quote:
That is my real point here. We all know how coaches warn kids (and parents for that matter )about social media. Here we have a case of Ms. Ohio, the highest honor for a female player in ohio, but her social media paints a picture of someone with no discipline, no regard for her team, school or the game itself. What she posted this summer and the things that she did, she should have been removed from the McKinley basketball program. period. Letting her put on a jersey is a smack in the face to all of those Bulldogs before her, her current team mates and the younger girls in the program. There are consequences!! Unless of course the only goal is to win basketball games.

The silence of McK fans speaks volumes..I finally looked at those social media and some of it is very distasteful. A great player but not a great Student-Athlete. I think it will be toxic for the team with her being there. IMHO. She is older than most in as a Senior and needs to grow up. I don't know what OSU tolerates in behavior but she better change her ways when she heads there. Pictures all over her facebook giving the middle finger um yeah. I am sure the team would have been fine without her. Not a great role model for the younger girls in any way shape or form. Needs a swift kick in the arse. But yes. you are correct..its just all about winning games.

s

Last edited by JM92; 09-09-18 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-10-18, 06:26 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
I have no problem with discussing what as made public on Twitter, I have a problem with bearfan thinking they know what "really happened" and trashing a kid when they literally don't have a clue. The silence of McK fans isn't silence, it's a combination of respect for privacy of kids and up until last week literally not knowing what her plans were.

The obsession with her age needs to stop. Being a year old for your grade is hardly rare. She's STILL A KID and kids make mistakes. If you think she got away with everything without any repercussions, you both weren't paying attention all summer, don't have a clue what has gone on now/recently, AND you really don't know the McK coaches well.

This all reeks of all too typical Jackson petty obsession. You've had an ex-player's father talking trash to her on Twitter, I suppose you think that's ok too? Get out of here.
Old 09-10-18, 09:01 AM
Freshman

It is all true and everyone knows it. She quit the team or got kicked off again for the 3rd summer in a row. She partied all summer while being very public about how she was done playing ball or if she was it would be at Alliance or Massillon. She broke every athlete code of conduct on social media. Please go watch her Facebook live videos. And yet she still has the "choice" to put on a McKinley uniform and play her senior year. I wonder if she quits at Ohio State during the Summer if that will be an option. Or quits at a job and then just comes back. She is an adult, even as a high school senior. I thought the McKinley coaches were hard nosed until I witnessed how they cater to this one player. I know teachers at McKinley, former players and current players. You know the drama and the cover ups. There has been and never will be any punishment for her if it jeopardizes the win/loss column. Point blank!