Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-12-18, 08:15 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
We

So saying you prefer immigrants from a largely educated skilled populace vs immigrants from a largely uneducated unskilled populace is racist?

Acknowledging that the world is a much different place from when that plaque went up is racist?

Many Italian and Irish immigrants, along with those from everywhere else, were turned away because they didn't meet requirements. And if they were accepted they were expected to provide for themselves and contribute or perish. Now people can come and live off our social safety net programs.

If someone can demonstrate a skill to contribute to society let them in, be they from Haiti or Norway. But letting in X number of people every year from 3rd world hellholes to virtue signal we aren't racists is insane immigration policy.
Great reply. A lot of people need to visit Ellis Island and read about real immigration policies. Amazing BigBallin showing that she’s been liberated from her closet again.
Old 01-12-18, 08:22 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Jesus ****ing Christ you aren't even trying to hide it anymore
Hiding what? The fact that blacks have a racist issue just as much as some whites?

I sent my son to President Obama first inauguration because it was history being made. You want to defend the racism he experienced from many of the blacks he encountered during that weekend?!?!?

Until you admit it’s an issue that goes both ways the problem will never be resolved.
Old 01-12-18, 09:20 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Interesting that Jake Tapper from CNN is changing the story. Now, Trump only said it about the African countries. Trump still denies it and other Senators in the meeting do not recall him using those words.

I'm sure the full retraction from CNN and other left leaning news outlets will come out with equal amount of fervor...
Old 01-12-18, 10:32 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
MSNBC reporter attempting to blame Trump's alleged comments when US ambassador to Panama resigns. Only to have to retract her tweet when it came out that he had made the decision to resign weeks ago.

Trump wins again.
Old 01-13-18, 06:32 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Haiti is a ****hole. Can truth be racist?
Old 01-13-18, 07:06 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
I've been to Haiti. It's a ****hole.

Does no one in the media care that these unskilled immigrants might be driving down our wages? It's bad for them and it's bad for us. How far the economic left has fallen! Cesar Chavez himself stood on the Mexican border to keep immigrants out. If you keep this country open to literally everyone then anyone who isn't rich will end up dirt poor having to compete with a functionally endless labor pool.

NAFTA... destroyed the Midwest and decimated Mexican labor.

China accession to WTO... giant nets outside factories to keep workers from dying when they jump out windows to commit suicide.

Limitless quasi-legal immigration from Mexico/Guatemala... massive drug trade, all fine and dandy when it was marijuana, but they switched to heroin/fentanyl when states legalized pot. Tens of thousands dead per year in the US from overdoses, and tens of thousands dead in Central America at the hands of gangs. Directly related to the NAFTA issue above.

The United States is going to be unrecognizable within ten years if immigration/trade doesn't change. I get that Trump is an imperfect avatar for this problem -- he's crude, rude, eccentric, and much more. Sorry about that. He can't explain the situation in a sober manner, but the reality is he's correct. Why are leftist liberals supporting Chamber of Commerce approved immigration/trade deals? I'd understand it out of a loser like Paul Ryan, but they ought to have more backbone. Total madness. In the words of the late, great Jim Traficant... Beam me up!
Old 01-13-18, 07:36 AM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
They have been for a long time, but after the earthquake the Clintons and their theft foundation raped what was left to ensure they stay a shthole.

What they did was criminal and deadly to many...please ask a Haitian for the real story on that shthole.
Old 01-13-18, 07:46 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
They have been for a long time, but after the earthquake the Clintons and their theft foundation raped what was left to ensure they stay a shthole.

What they did was criminal and deadly to many...please ask a Haitian for the real story on that shthole.
every reporter worth his salt should be going after the Clintons and it's money laundry system...the Clinton foundation for this alone....
Old 01-13-18, 08:53 AM
All American

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
For our resident Kla---I mean, TRUMP Supporters....

COLUMN: Your response to Trump’s racist ‘hole’ comment will be remembered
Do you or anyone on the left actually believe Trump is a racist? I really do not think most of you are that stupid. You know deep down this is just the worn out path your side uses as a political tool...when was the last time racism was not used on any right of center candidate or politician? Can you even think of one in the last 40 years?
If you or anyone who pays attention really believes this never ending broken record attack, I seriously feel for your sanity. Hopefully you do not actually pay attention or deep down you agree with me otherwise you just look like a brainwashed drooling idiot.
Old 01-13-18, 09:09 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
every reporter worth his salt should be going after the Clintons and it's money laundry system...the Clinton foundation for this alone....
And yet over half the voting population it is reported voted for this lady to President and it seems still would.
Old 01-13-18, 09:37 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
By ANY objective standard used, Haiti and most African countries are "***t holes". There is simply no rational argument otherwise. Now calling a country a "***t hole" in NO WAY means that the people are crap. The fact that the media & democrats reflexively reacted to Trump's purported statement by SCREAMING Racism reveals their own subconscious bigotry in associating black & brown people with the dysfunctional countries (eg, "***t holes") they live in.

As an aside, do you think that most of the folks screaming that Trump is a racist for calling Haiti a "***t hole" wouldn't HESITATE to refer to Mississippi, Alabama, Appalachia or almost any poor rural area as a "***t hole" in a private conversation? I don't.
Old 01-13-18, 09:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
For our resident Kla---I mean, TRUMP Supporters....

COLUMN: Your response to Trump’s racist ‘hole’ comment will be remembered

What did you say when President Donald Trump referred to Haiti, El Salvador and some African nations as “hole countries”?

Did you call out the obvious racism behind those statements? Did you acknowledge that the leader of the free world — by title, anyway — had shown himself to be a white supremacist, casually expressing his dislike of brown-skinned immigrants and preference for white European immigrants?

Did you forget how people once described immigrants from Italy and Ireland? Did you forget the words on a plaque at the Statue of Liberty?

rhuppke@chicagotribune.com
Let me respond to two of the points made in your cut & paste BB4F as the rest of the points are beyond ignorant and simply propaganda:

First, My grandmother on my dads side came to this country from Sicily as an 18 year old. While she never called Sicily a "***t hole" (she never cursed in English) she had nothing but disparaging things to say about the island of her birth. In fact we kids would tease her by saying that when we grew up we were thinking about moving back to Sicily! She would then go on a 10 minute rant about how AWFUL Sicily was. After she got done with her rant, calling the island a "***t hole" would have seemed like a complement.

Now for the record, immigrants from Sicily faced extreme bigotry in the USA. Yet if any politician back in the day had called Sicily a "***t hole", no one from Sicily would have disagreed and for sure no one would have called the guy who said it an anti Italian bigot.

Second, the paragraph calling Trump's statement "racism", reveals the authors own deep racism. The automatic connection between race and dysfunctional hell holes on earth exhibits a far more dangerous form of racism than anything Trump has said.
Old 01-13-18, 09:51 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
By ANY objective standard used, Haiti and most African countries are "***t holes". There is simply no rational argument otherwise. Now calling a country a "***t hole" in NO WAY means that the people are crap. The fact that the media & democrats reflexively reacted to Trump's purported statement by SCREAMING Racism reveals their own subconscious bigotry in associating black & brown people with the dysfunctional countries (eg, "***t holes") they live in.

As an aside, do you think that most of the folks screaming that Trump is a racist for calling Haiti a "***t hole" wouldn't HESITATE to refer to Mississippi, Alabama, Appalachia or almost any poor rural area as a "***t hole" in a private conversation? I don't.
You are really reaching here LOTR
Old 01-13-18, 09:59 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Just Say It: Trump Is a Racist

David Leonhardt JAN. 12, 2018

This article is part of the Opinion Today newsletter. You can sign up here to receive the newsletter each weekday.

When it comes to President Trump and race, there is a predictable cycle. He makes a remark that seems racist, and people engage in an extended debate about whether he is personally racist. His critics say he is. His defenders argue for an interpretation in which race plays a secondary role (such as: Haiti really is a worse place to live than Norway).

It’s time to end this cycle.

No one except Trump can know what Trump’s private thoughts or motivations are. But the public record and his behavior are now abundantly clear. Donald Trump treats black people and Latinos differently than he treats white people.

And that makes him a racist.

Is it possible to defend some of his racially charged statements by pointing out that something other than race might explain them? Sure. Is it possible that he doesn’t think of himself as a racist who views white people as superior to nonwhite people? Yes.

But the definition of a racist — the textbook definition, as Paul Ryan might say — is someone who treats some people better than others because of their race. Trump fits that definition many times over:

• Trump’s real-estate company was sued twice by the federal government in the 1970s for discouraging the renting of apartments to African-Americans and preferring white tenants, such as “Jews and executives.”
Continue reading the main story

• In 1989, Trump took out ads in New York newspapers urging the death penalty for five black and Latino teenagers accused of raping a white woman in Central Park; he continued to argue that they were guilty as late as October 2016, more than 10 years after DNA evidence had exonerated them.

• He spent years claiming that the nation’s first black president was born not in the United States but in Africa, an outright lie that Trump still has not acknowledged as such.

• He began his 2016 presidential campaign by disparaging Mexican immigrants as criminals and “rapists.”

• He has retweeted white nationalists without apology.

• He frequently criticizes prominent African-Americans for being unpatriotic, ungrateful and disrespectful.

• He called some of those who marched alongside white supremacists in Charlottesville last August “very fine people.”

• He is quick to highlight crimes committed by dark-skinned people, sometimes exaggerating or lying about it (such as a claim about growing crime from “radical Islamic terror” in Britain). He is very slow to decry hate crimes committed against dark-skinned people (such as the murder of an Indian man in Kansas last year).

• At the White House yesterday, Trump vulgarly called for less immigration from Haiti and Africa and more from Norway.

If you think this list is incomplete, email me at Leonhardt@nytimes.com.

For more on this topic, read my colleague Nick Kristof wrestling with the topic during the 2016 campaign: “Here we have a man who for more than four decades has been repeatedly associated with racial discrimination or bigoted comments about minorities,” he wrote. “While any one episode may be ambiguous, what emerges over more than four decades is a narrative arc, a consistent pattern — and I don’t see what else to call it but racism.”

And Slate’s Jamelle Bouie: “It’s impossible to know what’s in his heart. But what Trump feels is less important than what he does.”
Old 01-13-18, 10:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
You are really reaching here LOTR
I'm not even reaching a bit and I suspect you know that.
Old 01-13-18, 10:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
David Leonhardt JAN. 12, 2018

• He is quick to highlight crimes committed by dark-skinned people, sometimes exaggerating or lying about it (such as a claim about growing crime from “radical Islamic terror” in Britain). He is very slow to decry hate crimes committed against dark-skinned people (such as the murder of an Indian man in Kansas last year).

If you think this list is incomplete, email me at Leonhardt@nytimes.com.
I won't try to respond to this entire list of nitwitsism's other than the one highlighted above. If it is RACIST to accurately point out that African American men are disproportionately responsible for violent crime in America then EVERYONE is a racist. And if EVERYONE is a racist than NO ONE is a racist. Congratulations to the author of the list as they have just destroyed the meaning of the word RACIST. I am sure REAL racists are very happy about this.
Old 01-13-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

But I do get that this is now the new line of attack as the previous attack strategies have either failed or are about to fail:

* Trump is a misogynist

* Trump doesn't have the temperament to be POTUS

* Trump is to stupid to be POTUS

* For the never Trumpers in the GOP: Trump is not a conservative

* Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the election

* Trump has mental issues and is probably insane

We now have the "Trump is a racist" attack complete with long lists written down by propagandists and distributed widely by their useful idiots on the left!
Old 01-13-18, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

Ann Althouse gives the Oxford dictionary definition of a "***thole":

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2018/01...lapidated.html

"A wretched place... (a) a dirty or dilapidated dwelling; (b) a remote, downtrodden, or unpleasant city, town, etc." That's the Oxford English Dictionary definition of "***thole,"

And she's spot on:

So what is the big deal? The big deal is that it's racist. Supposedly. That's in the mind of the hearer, as the hearer really hears it or chooses to speak of it, and the motivations there are not untainted. Anything about Trump that can be called racist, will be called racist, but Trump said (we're told) "***thole countries," and "***thole," in this context means a wretched place. Is Haiti not a wretched place? There are connotations of dirtiness, obviously, but more notably, that the place is just awful, not that the people are bad in some way because of their race. There's enough reason to think of Haiti as dilapidated and downtrodden without needing to start assuming that there's something about the people because of their race. Perhaps the racism is in the mind of the person who hears "***thole" about the country and starts thinking about the race of the people who live there.

And this about sums it up perfectly:

"***thole" is a perfectly good rude, slangy word. It has a great history, and it's vivid and effective. It is not a racial term, and shame on the people who are making it racist. I wonder if these people ever think of the pain and damage they are causing by proclaiming and insisting upon a connection between dark skin and excrement. They're revealing what's in their head, and they don't mind burdening dark-skinned people with the knowledge that they are being thought about like that.
Old 01-13-18, 01:32 PM
All American

Quote:
“It’s impossible to know what’s in his heart. But what Trump feels is less important than what he does.”
Good point, and I'll vote for him again.
Old 01-13-18, 05:39 PM
All Yappi

Just as I was warming up to Lindsey Graham he has to go and scold president Trump for his "***t hole" comment. What a hypocrite given that back in 2013 this is what Graham had to say about countries to our south:

https://nalert.blogspot.com/2018/01/...-attacked.html

"The people coming across the southern border live in HELLHOLES. They don’t like that. They want to come here. Our problem is we can’t have everybody in the world who lives in a HELLHOLE come to America."

So I guess "***t hole" = racism and "hell hole" is just fine!

Thanks to Instapundit for the link:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/
Old 01-13-18, 06:41 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I've been to Haiti. It's a ****hole.

Does no one in the media care that these unskilled immigrants might be driving down our wages? It's bad for them and it's bad for us. How far the economic left has fallen! Cesar Chavez himself stood on the Mexican border to keep immigrants out. If you keep this country open to literally everyone then anyone who isn't rich will end up dirt poor having to compete with a functionally endless labor pool.

NAFTA... destroyed the Midwest and decimated Mexican labor.

China accession to WTO... giant nets outside factories to keep workers from dying when they jump out windows to commit suicide.

Limitless quasi-legal immigration from Mexico/Guatemala... massive drug trade, all fine and dandy when it was marijuana, but they switched to heroin/fentanyl when states legalized pot. Tens of thousands dead per year in the US from overdoses, and tens of thousands dead in Central America at the hands of gangs. Directly related to the NAFTA issue above.

The United States is going to be unrecognizable within ten years if immigration/trade doesn't change. I get that Trump is an imperfect avatar for this problem -- he's crude, rude, eccentric, and much more. Sorry about that. He can't explain the situation in a sober manner, but the reality is he's correct. Why are leftist liberals supporting Chamber of Commerce approved immigration/trade deals? I'd understand it out of a loser like Paul Ryan, but they ought to have more backbone. Total madness. In the words of the late, great Jim Traficant... Beam me up!
bravo

Sadly, the supporters of the modern left appear to be clueless.

I often wonder what would have happened if labor had gotten behind Perot or Buchanan as they did Trump, instead of allowing the turds at the top of their groups to sell them out to the globalist Dems.
Old 01-13-18, 09:03 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
I may have forgotten, but I guess the left was even more outraged when Hillary referred to many of her fellow citizens as deplorable?
Old 01-13-18, 10:07 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
I may have forgotten, but I guess the left was even more outraged when Hillary referred to many of her fellow citizens as deplorable?
Yep, they raised hell about that.
Old 01-13-18, 11:00 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
It should hardly be controversial that some countries are in fact sh*tholes. Would you want to live in Haiti or Norway?

That said, we should be judging people as individuals, not what country they come from. Which is actually the Republican argument on this issue. The entire purpose of ending the diversity visa lottery would be to stop treating immigrants as classes and instead treat them on a one-by-one basis. There are lots of great immigrants from sh*thole countries, and there are crummy immigrants from well-off countries. We simply happen to give preference to those from shi*ty countries currently, which is what Trump was pushing back on.

Basically, we shouldn't accept or reject someone simply because of the country they are from.
Old 01-14-18, 06:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Hillary was talking about working class white people, so Leftists would agree that they are deplorable. Nothing new here, Hillary just said it aloud.
Old 01-14-18, 07:08 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I often wonder what would have happened if labor had gotten behind Perot or Buchanan as they did Trump, instead of allowing the turds at the top of their groups to sell them out to the globalist Dems.
Perot was the guy. '92 debates... he called everything that would happen. But he was short and had big ears and a thick accent and lolololol he was crazy, right guys? Right? Bill Clinton feels your pain.

Trade/immigration are the two areas that Trump and the Democrats can do something good for not only our country, but for Mexico too and the rest of the world. But alas, no... someone's proud Latina abuela might not like it, and lord knows there's nothing worse to a Democrat than slighting anyone from the "coalition of the ascendant". I'll venture a guess that the factory worker/slave in Juarez living in a tin-plated shack doesn't have emotions so fragile.

Anyone who hasn't, watch the Perot/Gore NAFTA debate. Total transparent sleaze that hasn't aged well for our former vice president. The comments flying around today from Democrats about the necessity of unlimited immigration will age just as poorly.
Old 01-14-18, 08:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Perot was the guy. '92 debates... he called everything that would happen. But he was short and had big ears and a thick accent and lolololol he was crazy, right guys? Right? Bill Clinton feels your pain.

Trade/immigration are the two areas that Trump and the Democrats can do something good for not only our country, but for Mexico too and the rest of the world. But alas, no... someone's proud Latina abuela might not like it, and lord knows there's nothing worse to a Democrat than slighting anyone from the "coalition of the ascendant". I'll venture a guess that the factory worker/slave in Juarez living in a tin-plated shack doesn't have emotions so fragile.

Anyone who hasn't, watch the Perot/Gore NAFTA debate. Total transparent sleaze that hasn't aged well for our former vice president. The comments flying around today from Democrats about the necessity of unlimited immigration will age just as poorly.
Yeah, maybe being protected from competition with ADM et al might have a few more Mexican farmers growing maize again, not dope.......or not worrying about hitting factory production quotas at slave wages to get a free hot dog lunch on Friday!!

Perot's biggest handicap may have been -

Good guy, I think.......not a good running mate
Old 01-14-18, 02:39 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
But I do get that this is now the new line of attack as the previous attack strategies have either failed or are about to fail:

* Trump is a misogynist

* Trump doesn't have the temperament to be POTUS

* Trump is to stupid to be POTUS

* For the never Trumpers in the GOP: Trump is not a conservative

* Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the election

* Trump has mental issues and is probably insane

We now have the "Trump is a racist" attack complete with long lists written down by propagandists and distributed widely by their useful idiots on the left!
We NOW have that attack? We’ve had that attack since the 70s when he and his dad were sued for refusing to rent to african Americans
Old 01-14-18, 05:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Good point, and I'll vote for him again.
+1

Because of what he does in office
Old 01-14-18, 05:11 PM
All American

So far we have one Democratic Senator, who had to be corrected by the Obama administration for making stuff up, who claims Trump used the term ****hole several times.

This has been corroborated by no one, not even by one more Democrat.

On the other hand, we have two Republican Senators and a Cabinet Secretary who say Trump never said it, or that they didn't hear it.

Is it more likely that Dick Durbin has super-power hearing or that he is a liar?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: