Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins and by how much?
Lakota East by <7 2 6.67%
Lakota East by 7+ 1 3.33%
Lakota East by 10+ 2 6.67%
Colerain by 10+ 16 53.33%
Colerain by 7+ 5 16.67%
Colerain by <7 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-14, 01:45 PM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,250
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Week 6 - The OFFICIAL Colerain vs. Lakota East Thread ~ Master vs. Student Edition

Well, the Cardinals pulled off the big win on the road last week at Lakota West to continue their unbelievable in-conference winning streak, which currently sits at 40 consecutive games. That record will certainly be put to the test this week as the Cardinals and Head Coach Tom Bolden welcome the "Master of the Triple Option", Head Coach Rick Haynes and his Lakota East Thundhawks to "The Cage" in a battle for 1st place in the GMC.

While the attraction to this game has always been the Master (Haynes) vs. the Student (Bolden) in terms of the offense, it is the defenses that are going to have a big say in the outcome of this game.

Some say Lakota East's body of work (5-0) is only impressive on the surface. When you dig in to their 1st half schedule, you see that their opponents have an overall losing record at a combined 12-13 on the season. On the other side of the field, the Cardinals are trying to claw their way back into playoff contention as they sit at an unremarkable 2-3 after back-to-back wins over Fairfield and Lakota West. However, Colerain's record may seem a bit more impressive given their opponents are currently sporting a 16-10 combined W/L record.

I say, leave the schedule comparison to the schedule humpers in the GCL and throw out the record books in this one! Lakota East hasn't won outright or shared the GMC title in 10 years...and now is their chance to knock off the king outright!

Lakota East's defense is the GMC's best and the Colerain offense seems to still be a work in progress.

Highlights vs. Lakota West

That being said, I think the pupil once again teaches the Master a thing or two and the Cardinals make their own destiny as they continue to march towards a 15th consecutive GMC Championship!


CardinalsFan's Pick

Lakota East - 17
Colerain - 24


Post your pick below. In honor of Tofer, we will be awarding a fantastic combo Gift Card pack to the winner who picks the closest score without going over in total points!

The winner will enjoy an afternoon lunch at Zantigo's before a shopping spree at Gold Circle. GOOD LUCK!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-29-14, 01:54 PM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,364
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Colerain 28
LE 27
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-14, 02:14 PM
Chucko's Avatar
Chucko Chucko is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-20-04
Location: Evendale, OH
Posts: 386
Chucko is on a distinguished road
I can't bet against Colerain until they actually wind up losing a conference game. Should be a good one though! Any word on radio/webcast for this one?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-14, 03:52 PM
OtherWXDude OtherWXDude is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-14-10
Location: In your TV, usually
Posts: 111
OtherWXDude is on a distinguished road
WeAreColerain.com will surely have it, and Waycross is covering this game so it'll be available to view Friday at midnight(ish)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-14, 04:37 PM
cardinalsin cardinalsin is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-21-03
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 1,877
cardinalsin is on a distinguished road
31-21 card's
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-14, 06:29 PM
Fbwiz0586 Fbwiz0586 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-06-10
Location: Death,Taxes and Moe Wins
Posts: 3,136
Fbwiz0586 is on a distinguished road
Redbirds 27
Lightingbirds 17
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-30-14, 07:24 AM
dellsa dellsa is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-28-11
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 159
dellsa is on a distinguished road
Colerain by 17. Lakota East haven't played anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-30-14, 08:14 AM
Easthawks14 Easthawks14 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-01-11
Posts: 459
Easthawks14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Colerain will not be able to stop East up the middle but East will not be able to contain Colerain on the edges.

Penalties will kill enough drives that will make East punt more than Colerain. Colerain will break some big plays to get into the endzone. It will be a close game but history has to play in Colerains favor. Colerain by 7 but hope I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-30-14, 10:53 PM
chip's Avatar
chip chip is offline
Grand Poobah
 
Join Date: 01-31-05
Location: Harrison OH
Posts: 285
chip is on a distinguished road
Does this include an "all expense paid trip" to Minneapolis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zantigo
http://zantigo.com/location.php

Colerain 27
ThunderFireHawkBirds 14

Last edited by chip; 09-30-14 at 10:56 PM. Reason: link
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-01-14, 08:21 AM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,250
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
Does this include an "all expense paid trip" to Minneapolis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zantigo
http://zantigo.com/location.php

Colerain 27
ThunderFireHawkBirds 14
Afraid not Chip! Gift Card is good for location on Colerain Ave. only and expires 12/31/1987 so do with that what you will.



-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-01-14, 08:47 AM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,250
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easthawks14 View Post
Colerain will not be able to stop East up the middle but East will not be able to contain Colerain on the edges.

Penalties will kill enough drives that will make East punt more than Colerain. Colerain will break some big plays to get into the endzone. It will be a close game but history has to play in Colerains favor. Colerain by 7 but hope I'm wrong.
I assume you are talking about Chenault. Is he a "between the tackles" type runner? How big is the OL?

Also, I wouldn't assume that Colerain will not be able to stop East. In two GMC games so far, Colerain is leading the league in Rushing defense, only allowing a 2.0 AVG per rush. Take out the gashing done by LaSalle's backfield duo (White and Larkin), Donald Brooks (Trinity) and Sean Prophit (St. Xavier) and they have looked much better.

Don't get me wrong, Chenault looks like an absolute stud averaging 6.9 YPC. I just know that last year he had 53 yards against Colerain @ Lakota East. I struggle to think he is going to triple that yardage a year later.

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-01-14, 09:09 AM
Easthawks14 Easthawks14 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-01-11
Posts: 459
Easthawks14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
I assume you are talking about Chenault. Is he a "between the tackles" type runner? How big is the OL?

Also, I wouldn't assume that Colerain will not be able to stop East. In two GMC games so far, Colerain is leading the league in Rushing defense, only allowing a 2.0 AVG per rush. Take out the gashing done by LaSalle's backfield duo (White and Larkin), Donald Brooks (Trinity) and Sean Prophit (St. Xavier) and they have looked much better.

Don't get me wrong, Chenault looks like an absolute stud averaging 6.9 YPC. I just know that last year he had 53 yards against Colerain @ Lakota East. I struggle to think he is going to triple that yardage a year later.

-CardinalsFan
There are (2) things about this East team that is very different from last years team. The offensive line is MUCH better. Last week we had our best O-lineman out with an ankle sprain and I'm hoping he is back for this game because his absence was very appearant against Fairfield.

The defense is also much better. Defense gave up a ton of points last year. East's offense was actually very productive last year but couldn't keep up with what the defense was giving away. Haynes really tightened up the defense this year and it has been showing. Our secondary is still very suspect though.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-01-14, 09:19 AM
dellsa dellsa is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-28-11
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 159
dellsa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easthawks14 View Post
There are (2) things about this East team that is very different from last years team. The offensive line is MUCH better. Last week we had our best O-lineman out with an ankle sprain and I'm hoping he is back for this game because his absence was very appearant against Fairfield.

The defense is also much better. Defense gave up a ton of points last year. East's offense was actually very productive last year but couldn't keep up with what the defense was giving away. Haynes really tightened up the defense this year and it has been showing. Our secondary is still very suspect though.
Colerain did throw the ball 16 times last week versus West which does not happen often so I wouldn't worry about your secondary much, I don't see Colerain throwing the ball more than 6 times this game.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-01-14, 09:26 AM
Easthawks14 Easthawks14 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-01-11
Posts: 459
Easthawks14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellsa View Post
Colerain did throw the ball 16 times last week versus West which does not happen often so I wouldn't worry about your secondary much, I don't see Colerain throwing the ball more than 6 times this game.
I do expect Colerain to throw the ball this game. So far in every game East opponents have had to lean heavy on the pass because the rushing game was shut down. This could be trouble for East when facing speedy receivers.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-01-14, 01:34 PM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,250
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easthawks14 View Post
I do expect Colerain to throw the ball this game. So far in every game East opponents have had to lean heavy on the pass because the rushing game was shut down. This could be trouble for East when facing speedy receivers.
I see a big day for Mr. Asberry and Mr. Sarley.

Going to be an interesting game. Shutting down Colerain's option isn't like what it used to be. Not this year.

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-02-14, 10:56 AM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,250
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
ttt
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-02-14, 01:26 PM
JoeMontana JoeMontana is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 09-24-09
Posts: 3,446
JoeMontana can only hope to improve
Colerain rolls an overhyped LE team.

LE will be exposed in this game for what they are...

Lancaster will seem like a distant memory after this one.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-02-14, 01:35 PM
cardinalsin cardinalsin is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-21-03
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 1,877
cardinalsin is on a distinguished road
What time is kickoff?? Somebody told me 7 cause of homecoming??
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-02-14, 02:36 PM
CardSharp CardSharp is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: Colerain
Posts: 420
CardSharp is on a distinguished road
Prove it!

East has to prove they're the real thing, Colerain has to prove a largely JV sized and experience team can keep the streak intact. I expect a good one right down to the wire. Colerain is at home... and so is Haynes!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-03-14, 12:21 AM
JoeMontana JoeMontana is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 09-24-09
Posts: 3,446
JoeMontana can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSharp View Post
East has to prove they're the real thing, Colerain has to prove a largely JV sized and experience team can keep the streak intact. I expect a good one right down to the wire. Colerain is at home... and so is Haynes!
This is an easier game for Colerain than West or Fairfield.

Colerain cruises past a shell-shocked LE squad 30-10.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-03-14, 12:26 AM
JoeMontana JoeMontana is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 09-24-09
Posts: 3,446
JoeMontana can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellsa View Post
Colerain did throw the ball 16 times last week versus West which does not happen often so I wouldn't worry about your secondary much, I don't see Colerain throwing the ball more than 6 times this game.
Exactly.

Colerain will throw the ball a few times early, then batton down with the run game.

Obviously, the East D can handle the Lancaster running game, but, they're going to find out that Colerain is on a different level, and they won't know what hit them.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-03-14, 10:16 AM
JoeMontana JoeMontana is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 09-24-09
Posts: 3,446
JoeMontana can only hope to improve
Less than 9 hours to kickoff.

Less than 10 hours until LE is completely demoralized.

Less than 11 hours until LE is beat down.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-03-14, 10:58 AM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
Save water....drink beer!
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 29,049
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontana View Post
Less than 9 hours to kickoff.

Less than 10 hours until LE is completely demoralized.

Less than 11 hours until LE is beat down.
Somebody from LE must have pissed in Joe's Wheaties

I do think Colerain has gotten a lot better since that first game and afterall it is the Girlie Man Conference so this one probably will be Colerain 35 LE 14.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-03-14, 11:23 AM
Easthawks14 Easthawks14 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-01-11
Posts: 459
Easthawks14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great - we now have 2 GCL (Good Cheaters League) idiots on this thread. Must have run out of stupid comments to put on their thread.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-03-14, 12:29 PM
cardinalsin cardinalsin is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-21-03
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 1,877
cardinalsin is on a distinguished road
What is the draw to this thread for our GCL friends??
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-03-14, 12:35 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,067
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsin View Post
What is the draw to this thread for our GCL friends??
I'm interested in the game. I've seen both teams and I'm still pretty certain Colerain will be too much for East.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-03-14, 01:07 PM
Chucko's Avatar
Chucko Chucko is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-20-04
Location: Evendale, OH
Posts: 386
Chucko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsin View Post
What is the draw to this thread for our GCL friends??
The draw to this thread for me is a great football game between two good teams. An added draw is that Colerain stands a chance of not winning the GMC for the first time in a very, very long time. This is the kind of game that can spark a rivalry for life, I'm sure the kids on both sides will savor it, win or lose.

I have 3 games to follow tonight, I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up! Cincinnati HS football rocks!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-03-14, 08:21 PM
Chucko's Avatar
Chucko Chucko is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-20-04
Location: Evendale, OH
Posts: 386
Chucko is on a distinguished road
Any updates on this one?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-03-14, 08:24 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,072
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucko View Post
Any updates on this one?
According to Twitter it's 21-21 in the 3rd.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-03-14, 08:49 PM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,447
JElder is on a distinguished road
Colerain 35
East 28

3rd 208 left was the last update from 15 minutes ago.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz