Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-21-18, 02:27 PM
All District

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Centerville Elks 2018

I am not hearing much chatter in Elk Country. I am expecting a tough year with the loss of a good senior class and several coaches (DC, DL, and WR). Here are the holes that the Elks need to fill:

1. Lose starting QB - backup QB returns with 8 completions/131 yards
2. Lose top 7 rushers - NO varsity RB returns
3. Lose top 5 of 6 receivers - #4 receiver returns with 16 catches/129 yards
4. Lose top 9 of 11 tacklers - #1 (Wynn) & #4 tacklers return
5. Punter/Kicker returns

Big senior losses, small junior class, and lots of production lost on both sides of the ball suggest it will be a tough year for the Elks. I hope I am wrong, but projecting 6 wins - 4 losses (no playoffs)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-18, 06:07 PM
Freshman

Chisel is on a distinguished road
I thought they had a very good Qb who’s getting looked at by Ohio state. Is he good enough to carry the team even with how young he is?
Old 06-22-18, 05:01 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisel View Post
I thought they had a very good Qb who’s getting looked at by Ohio state. Is he good enough to carry the team even with how young he is?
It will be interesting to see how the QB position plays out. Do you give the senior QB his chance since has been the backup for 2 years or build for the future with the freshman? Either QB will need to be very mobile as the Elks break in a new offensive line.
Old 06-24-18, 08:28 PM
Junior Varsity

FredG is on a distinguished road
You must have played the flute in the band.
Old 06-25-18, 07:16 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
It will be interesting to see how the QB position plays out. Do you give the senior QB his chance since has been the backup for 2 years or build for the future with the freshman? Either QB will need to be very mobile as the Elks break in a new offensive line.

Roll with the freshman if he wins the job.
Old 07-02-18, 10:22 AM
All District

week 3 game

I am hearing that the week 3 game vs. Oakridge (Canadien team) has been cancelled. That game was supposed to be part of a double header with Alter playing another Canadien team. If Alter's opponent cancelled too, I am wondering if we might see another Centerville vs. Alter matchup?
Old 07-02-18, 10:06 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I am hearing that the week 3 game vs. Oakridge (Canadien team) has been cancelled. That game was supposed to be part of a double header with Alter playing another Canadien team. If Alter's opponent cancelled too, I am wondering if we might see another Centerville vs. Alter matchup?
This is true. Both Canadian teams are not coming. I know Alter wants to play. It's in the hands of the Elks
Old 07-03-18, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
This is true. Both Canadian teams are not coming. I know Alter wants to play. It's in the hands of the Elks
They may as well play. Its dang near impossible to finds two replacements in the same slot this close to the season.
Old 07-04-18, 07:06 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
They may as well play. Its dang near impossible to finds two replacements in the same slot this close to the season.
I agree unless they go out of state to find an opponent. I don't think the Elks want to play Alter this year. Alter has a strong SR class while the Elks just graduated a strong SR class and are rebuilding this year.
Old 07-04-18, 07:57 AM
All Ohio

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
^ maybe but I still think Centerville would have at least a 50/50 shot to win.
Old 07-04-18, 09:06 AM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2 cents......Elks already have 6 teams that will potentially play in week 11. West with a new coach and Springboro would be the 2 maybes at this point, with Wayne, Fairfield, Springfield, and Fairmont.

So add Alter and that would be 7.

The Elks have 1 kid going to Akron .....no other upper class men with an offer. Zero. and 1 Freshmant to be with some nice offers....with zero varsity attempts.

The elks will play against 25-30 division 1 kids this year. Alter will play against 5-7 based on their schedule.

Not sure how many will be on the rosters, but my guess is it will be between 79-80 for both teams.

I think they should play, but only if Alter is willing to play 2 or 4 times. The 1 year game was not fair to them last time, and they could play 2 in a row now and 2 in a row diwn the road.
Old 07-04-18, 02:36 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I would like to see them play more often as it's almost a must see game for the Dayton area. That being said, both teams are kinda backed into a corner at this point ini scheduling. It's either play each other or try and bring in an out of state/country team. Even that would be difficult this late in the game. For Alter, I don't think losing this game would hurt them much in terms of the playoffs. For Centerville, a win could bring a lot of points and help them get into the playoffs in what people are calling a down year. Alter wins, it's huge for their program. Centerville loses and they take a bit of a ego hit but makes it more likely this game is played again in the future.
Old 07-04-18, 04:48 PM
Junior Varsity

A lot of playoff points for a win against a D3 team....no. They have their backyard brawl with fairmont. D3 and D1 football is not the same level..D1 plays on ESPN. D3 is on ESPN if they play a D1 team
Old 07-04-18, 11:50 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Ha there's maybe 5-10 games featuring Ohio teams on ESPN a year at most. An 8-9 win D3 team offers a lot of second level playoff points. A win over Alter would offer a lot more than taking a bye week and dividing your points over 9 games. Especially in what Centerville is calling a down year.
Old 07-05-18, 02:05 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredG View Post
A lot of playoff points for a win against a D3 team....no. They have their backyard brawl with fairmont. D3 and D1 football is not the same level..D1 plays on ESPN. D3 is on ESPN if they play a D1 team
Not necessarily. Wayne used to always get a ton of points for beating a D-3 in Trotwood.
Old 07-05-18, 06:36 AM
All Ohio

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Uh... beating Alter or beating a Canadian team... which would result in more point? Come on Fred, you can do it.
Old 07-05-18, 08:14 AM
All District

Quote:
I agree unless they go out of state to find an opponent. I don't think the Elks want to play Alter this year. Alter has a strong SR class while the Elks just graduated a strong SR class and are rebuilding this year.
I am hearing now that it might be official...Centerville vs. Alter @Black Hole on September 7th. Get ready for 10,000+ fans
Old 07-05-18, 04:39 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
Uh... beating Alter or beating a Canadian team... which would result in more point? Come on Fred, you can do it.
At the time of this game being canceled, unofficial of course, points were not in the equation. There should be some sort of qualifying gene pool to post on here.
Old 07-05-18, 04:53 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
One would have to wait and see on this one. While we have an idea of what sort of points Alter would bring a Canadian team is a big ???

If the Canadian team is a D1 equivalent they could very well bring more points if they win out.

Alter last year gave Fairmont 5.40 points. Fairmont ended up with 25.90 points. Milford a D1 school gave Fairmont 5.50 points. Sprigfield gave them 4.45 points. So, playing and beating Alter is a win/win regardless.
Old 07-06-18, 10:33 PM
All Ohio

sportsy is on a distinguished road
Why are there so many Elks on the Fairmont coaching and volunteer staff?
Old 07-07-18, 04:12 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsy View Post
HC Dave Miller is a former Elks QB so he has relationships there. Also, I think some of those Fairmont coaches were on Ullery Sr. staff and were not kept by Roberts.
Old 07-09-18, 11:33 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsy View Post
To add what Elk Strong said, those former Centerville coaches are also Class of 85 former football teammates of Miller.
Old 07-10-18, 11:32 PM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
A preseason report by Dayton Daily News on the Elks:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...5mai89QnbAWhM/

The report does list week 3 as an open date. Hopefully that gets changed to a game against Alter, if not already done.

Last edited by Bull_Elk; 07-11-18 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-12-18, 07:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post
A preseason report by Dayton Daily News on the Elks:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...5mai89QnbAWhM/

The report does list week 3 as an open date. Hopefully that gets changed to a game against Alter, if not already done.
I think it is a pretty fair review. I believe the Elks lost 18-20 of the 22 starters including every playmaker except Wynn. This season will test Ullery in his 2nd year. I am still projecting 6-4.
Old 07-13-18, 04:00 PM
All American

Why would you pose the question if you already know? Gosh, it’s 7 on 7 and it can’t really matter who it’s against. No rush, no blocking and throw in 18 new starters as you have said=ugly.

Put pads on and we will see how they play and more importantly. Improve.
Old 07-13-18, 09:21 PM
Junior Varsity

[QUOTE=ELK Strong;7067751]I think it is a pretty fair review. I believe the Elks lost 18-20 of the 22 starters including every playmaker except Wynn. This season will test Ullery in his 2nd year. I am still projecting 6-4.[/QUOTE

What are your loss predictions?
Old 07-14-18, 08:01 AM
All District

[QUOTE=FredG;7068156]
Quote:
I think it is a pretty fair review. I believe the Elks lost 18-20 of the 22 starters including every playmaker except Wynn. This season will test Ullery in his 2nd year. I am still projecting 6-4.[/QUOTE

What are your loss predictions?
Fairfield, Fairmont, Wayne, Northmont. Alter and Springfield could be losses too but I think we beat Alter without Bivens and Springfield is breaking in a new QB.
Old 07-14-18, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=ELK Strong;7068262]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredG View Post

Fairfield, Fairmont, Wayne, Northmont. Alter and Springfield could be losses too but I think we beat Alter without Bivens and Springfield is breaking in a new QB.
Its a new QB for Springfield but he has played a lot QB at varsity level and Has started several games including last time Springfield beat Centerville. Not sure how good Springfield will be they lost a ton of top guys including Leonard Taylor and Caleb Johnson but return a lot of kids who have seen significant varsity time. Will definately be tested early with Lancaster, Fairfield and a long trip to Hudson to start the season. Sorry for jacking the post but should be a good year for Gwoc east. Fairmont is probably favorite but not over looking anyone on this side
Old 07-14-18, 12:57 PM
All American

Thanks for the breakdown Cats! It’s going to be an interesting season in the GWOC.

-Elks seem to have lost everyone

-fairmont returns everyone

-Wayne loses a little, but also both coordinators

-wildcats lose their 2 studs, but have as much talent as anyone.

-beavercreek will be beavercreek. Play ball control and give people fits.

Cats, you always seem to have a good feel for the upcoming talent. Is the Centerville freshman class as good as people seem to think it is? Do you think Harrison starts @ WB?
Old 07-14-18, 01:01 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
Thanks for the breakdown Cats! Itís going to be an interesting season in the GWOC.

-Elks seem to have lost everyone

-fairmont returns everyone

-Wayne loses a little, but also both coordinators

-wildcats lose their 2 studs, but have as much talent as anyone.

-beavercreek will be beavercreek. Play ball control and give people fits.

Cats, you always seem to have a good feel for the upcoming talent. Is the Centerville freshman class as good as people seem to think it is? Do you think Harrison starts @ WB?
Harrison is the real deal. Not sure if to start him or not but to me if the freshman and upperclassmen are equal play the freshman.

This freshman class for GWOC is loaded with talent. Will all depend on who committs to weight room and focuses in classroom.