Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-29-18, 04:46 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
They'll give you guys a pretty decent chunk of points should you win. Unsure if they're available for week 2 this season.
According to Arbiter, Marion Local will play at Woodlan ( 1st game ) this coming season and ML is still listed as hosting Patrick Henry.
Old 01-29-18, 05:48 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
I have a source at Patrick Henry who claims the coach there knew he was on the way out when he scheduled Marion Local (and a couple of other far away games). Supposedly it was his revenge for the community pushing him out.

Not sure I totally believe it, but that was the story.
but the AD has tp approve the schedule
Old 01-29-18, 05:52 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
This was CW's 1st year at D-6. The problem is Ohio teams are unwilling to play ML that is a fact. Plus Patrick Henry just dropped their return game to Marion Local as did a Michigan team several years ago that makes scheduling even more difficult. Schedules are made out usually several years ahead plus Coldwater has the advantage of playing Kenton every season. FWIW I believe the cut-off for D-5 is 160 and Coldwater is at 159, ML is at 120, so CW in 2019 could easily be D-5 again.
in the past....... if Patrick Henry would cancel the return game, they probably would owe the Flyers some money, for breaking the contract
Old 01-29-18, 07:14 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by algernonsidney View Post
The worst team in the MAC will probably be better than some teams that make the playoffs.
It seems that way sometimes. Especially in D7
Old 01-29-18, 07:16 PM
All American

Quote:
According to Arbiter, Marion Local will play at Woodlan ( 1st game ) this coming season and ML is still listed as hosting Patrick Henry.
Yep just saw that. Woodlan is week 2 in 2019.
Old 01-30-18, 02:52 PM
Freshman

State2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
I have yet to hear confirmation that Patrick Henry isnít playing at Marion Local this year. The game is still listed on ArbiterLive.
My brother who currently plays on the team said that Patrick Henry dropped us, and Koenig is now searching for other teams.
Old 01-30-18, 03:24 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by State2013 View Post
My brother who currently plays on the team said that Patrick Henry dropped us, and Koenig is now searching for other teams.
What is the largest division ML would schedule? DII?
Old 01-30-18, 03:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Noticed on Arbiter that Piqua has an opening the 2nd week of the season.
Old 01-30-18, 04:38 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
To be honest I think they would schedule any division if they'll play at this point, but the question is if they want to play us. Chaminade Julienne bounced between 3 and 4 if that gives any indication to who might schedule us.
Old 01-30-18, 04:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Noticed on Arbiter that Piqua has an opening the 2nd week of the season.
If there's mutual interest, that'd be one heck of a matchup.
Old 01-30-18, 05:36 PM
Freshman

On OHSAA's website it had that Marion had an open date for week two also per Dan Koenig. The post has since been removed, meaning one of two scenarios: Marion has found a game to replace them, or Patrick Henry decided it was not worth it to pull out a year early, because if Marion do not find a game, Patrick Henry would have to pay a large amount of money for the lost game.
Old 02-12-18, 10:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by State2013 View Post
On OHSAA's website it had that Marion had an open date for week two also per Dan Koenig. The post has since been removed, meaning one of two scenarios: Marion has found a game to replace them, or Patrick Henry decided it was not worth it to pull out a year early, because if Marion do not find a game, Patrick Henry would have to pay a large amount of money for the lost game.
Any update on the situation?
Old 02-14-18, 08:18 PM
All American

I'm out of ideas.

http://419sports.com/wellman-steps-down-at-parkway/
Old 02-14-18, 08:30 PM
All District

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow. Is there really nothing coming up to look forward to for that Panthers? Or did he just not realize how tough a road it was gonna be?
Old 02-14-18, 08:39 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaBanana View Post
Wow. Is there really nothing coming up to look forward to for that Panthers? Or did he just not realize how tough a road it was gonna be?
Their JH team had maybe 14 kids. I really don't think even Goodwin could turn them around at this point. They have good running backs just not much else. I'm kind of glad and feel bittersweet about Parkway coming off the schedule. Glad because the games weren't that competitive but bittersweet because for all I know, 2017 could've actually been the last time Coldwater faces Parkway in football.

They really need help.

On another note, Who could take over?
Old 02-14-18, 09:26 PM
All District

Quote:
Their JH team had maybe 14 kids. I really don't think even Goodwin could turn them around at this point. They have good running backs just not much else. I'm kind of glad and feel bittersweet about Parkway coming off the schedule. Glad because the games weren't that competitive but bittersweet because for all I know, 2017 could've actually been the last time Coldwater faces Parkway in football.

They really need help.

You really think Parkway could bounce before y'all play them again? I mean, we always kinda toss that topic around on forums like this when Parkway is the discussion. But does the administration (or whoever's in charge of these decisions) really have their finger on the eject button?

As for the coaches, I really don't know. The only thing that could possibly work is an astronomically absurd situation similar to what happened to Blackford's basketball program this year.
Old 02-14-18, 10:53 PM
All American

Quote:
You really think Parkway could bounce before y'all play them again? I mean, we always kinda toss that topic around on forums like this when Parkway is the discussion. But does the administration (or whoever's in charge of these decisions) really have their finger on the eject button?

As for the coaches, I really don't know. The only thing that could possibly work is an astronomically absurd situation similar to what happened to Blackford's basketball program this year.
Who knows. I'm not talking about them leaving the conference, I'm talking about them not fielding a team at all. What happened to Blackford's basketball program?
Old 02-15-18, 08:21 AM
All American

Quote:
Who knows. I'm not talking about them leaving the conference, I'm talking about them not fielding a team at all. What happened to Blackford's basketball program?
We were saying the same thing about New Bremen's program not too long ago, but the Cardinal's program has stabilized and seems to be on the upswing as the New Bremen community rallied around the program. Whether Parkway has the community pride in their football program that New Bremen has will be seen.
Old 02-15-18, 09:48 AM
All District

Quote:
I gotcha. Who knows with the soccer thing popping up. You could be right.

Also, Blackford has only won 1 game in the past 3 years. This year they hired a coach that brought a freshman phnom with him and was winning games left and right.

Here's a more in-depth story on it.
Old 02-15-18, 09:50 AM
All District

Quote:
We were saying the same thing about New Bremen's program not too long ago, but the Cardinal's program has stabilized and seems to be on the upswing as the New Bremen community rallied around the program. Whether Parkway has the community pride in their football program that New Bremen has will be seen.
I think all of MACland is crossing their fingers for 'em.

I know I sure am.
Old 02-15-18, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I gotcha. Who knows with the soccer thing popping up. You could be right.

Also, Blackford has only won 1 game in the past 3 years. This year they hired a coach that brought a freshman phnom with him and was winning games left and right.

Here's a more in-depth story on it.
One player can do that in basketball.
Football....not so much.
Old 02-15-18, 11:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Let's hope they do. I hate seeing a program like Parkway being down as long as they have been
Old 02-15-18, 12:51 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
One player can do that in basketball.
Football....not so much.
No, but a good coach can, trouble is finding a good coach.
Old 02-15-18, 02:12 PM
Junior Varsity

OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
It's a never ending story.

Quote:

They really need help.

I don't know where you got that figure of 14 kids total for JH. I looked it up today, they had 13 for 7th and 11 for 8th. The sophomore class were MAC champs for 7th and 8th grades. The one thing that puzzles me as I looked at the trophy cases at Parkway. They have MAC championships at the junior high level but it does not translate into any real success at the high school level four years later, except for girls softball. They need to get a coach from a successful program who was either a head coach or assistant. Hell, if they hired a successful college player who wanted to coach, they might be better off. If and this is a big if they get a good coach, they need hang on to him and promise him the world in order for him to stay long term. Softball is successful because Esselstein has been there forever and Parkway is one of the few MAC schools to have a JH program. They also need to schedule non-conference schools that they have a chance of beating. How many teams do they play every year that make the playoffs? I thought I read some where that Parkway had one of the toughest schedules in the state for their division. It's like playing "Murders Row" every year. It's a catch 22, you can't get more kids to play unless you successful and if you are losing, no one wants to play for a loser.
Old 02-15-18, 02:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
I don't know where you got that figure of 14 kids total for JH. I looked it up today, they had 13 for 7th and 11 for 8th. The sophomore class were MAC champs for 7th and 8th grades. The one thing that puzzles me as I looked at the trophy cases at Parkway. They have MAC championships at the junior high level but it does not translate into any real success at the high school level four years later, except for girls softball. They need to get a coach from a successful program who was either a head coach or assistant. Hell, if they hired a successful college player who wanted to coach, they might be better off. If and this is a big if they get a good coach, they need hang on to him and promise him the world in order for him to stay long term. Softball is successful because Esselstein has been there forever and Parkway is one of the few MAC schools to have a JH program. They also need to schedule non-conference schools that they have a chance of beating. How many teams do they play every year that make the playoffs? I thought I read some where that Parkway had one of the toughest schedules in the state for their division. It's like playing "Murders Row" every year. It's a catch 22, you can't get more kids to play unless you successful and if you are losing, no one wants to play for a loser.
That's what I counted in the program. As for the rest of your post I pretty much agree
Old 02-15-18, 02:50 PM
All Yappi

THey hand out MAC championships at the JH level?

PW has, or had, youth football right? I know a few years ago some guys wanting to transition to flag football. If they do...then yeah I can see them being a little bit ahead in 7th/8th grade. I know CW JH coaches said when they played FR when they had youth football they could tell they were a little bit ahead early in the season. Issue is.......youth football many times runs kids off more than it gets more involved. POsitions don't transition well to other positions. Kids can get stuck playing spots they hate and quite. At least in baseball,basketball it doesn't matter what position you are playing you still get your time to shine when you are at bat, on the bases, the ball is hit to you, or you get the ball in hoops. Skills in those two sports transition over to all the other spots so when kids mature and transition into their true spots they don't have to learn a whole lot.

I know in CW they aren't necessarily infatuated at winning in JH. Their coaches play as many kids as possible and oftentimes that means playing quite a few kids who just don't have the talent.

At the last State title welcoming home Coach Otten thanked the JH coaches for one important thing. It wasn't for winning. It wasn't for what they taught.

It was for keeping as many players engaged and interested in the program so when they get to HS he has a full slate of kids to fill the positions. Run kids off too soon in football and you have a big numbers problem in HS.
Old 02-15-18, 02:56 PM
Varsity

Rahiem is on a distinguished road
IF Wellman sticks around and is in the building, Parkway will have four former head coaches in the building (Jason Henline, Ed Kuhn, Dan Cairns)

crazy. They need to go to the NWC (along with New Bremen)
Old 02-15-18, 03:15 PM
Junior Varsity

I doubt it

If you check out Wellman's facebook page, he has his house for sale so I doubt he is going to stick around. His coaching history consists of 2 to 3 year stays at each school.
Old 02-15-18, 03:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahiem View Post
IF Wellman sticks around and is in the building, Parkway will have four former head coaches in the building (Jason Henline, Ed Kuhn, Dan Cairns)

crazy. They need to go to the NWC (along with New Bremen)
If Parkway and New Bremen left, how would the rest of MAC schools find games? You have schools right now having trouble filling a 10 game schedule and you want to add two more to fill?
Old 02-15-18, 03:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
If Parkway and New Bremen left, how would the rest of MAC schools find games? You have schools right now having trouble filling a 10 game schedule and you want to add two more to fill?
Sounds like a MAC problem, not a NB or PW problem.

Minster and Ft Recovery...especially FR.....rose from the ashes to be great so.....