Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-24-18, 04:51 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,845
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Midwest Athletic Conference 2018

With the news of divisions being released and Patrick Henry opting out of the Marion Local series, I figure its time to start this thread so we don't overtake other threads.

Prediction:
1. Marion Local– Return Bruns and Habodasz. Is this even a question?
2. Coldwater – We return plenty of skill guys. QB is up in the air but if we find some linemen, we should be pretty good.
3. Minster - The Loss of Huelsman will hurt but Stokes will get these guys ready to play.
4. Anna- Returns Riley Huelskamp at running back. The loss of Travis Meyer will hurt. Great junior class.
5. Fort Recovery - Lost their entire offense. Great Sophomore Class.
6. St Henry - Similar to Anna, Return Jarren Fishbaugh but lose Daylon Lange to graduation.
7. New Bremen - Return Nolan Bornhorst at Qb and Heitkamp at end. According to bigkat, their freshman running back is pretty good. Wild prediction of the year: New Bremen makes the playoffs.
8. Delphos St. Johns - Return Jared Wurst but I really have no clue what else so I’ll leave them here for now
9. Versailles - Again, Have no clue what they return but they always disappoint me so I’ll leave them here for now. Hopefully they’ll prove me wrong. Does Kurtis Rutschilling return?
10. Parkway - Return Nick Hawk but will have no depth.


3-9 are up in the air until I learn more about those teams.

Thoughts?

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 05-30-18 at 09:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-24-18, 05:49 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
I can see FR going in either direction. They lose a lot with Homan, Stocker and Kuese all graduating as 3 year starters. But they also return a lot of promising young talent.
Get in the weight room boys and earn your spot!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-18, 05:57 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,845
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I can see FR going in either direction. They lose a lot with Homan, Stocker and Kuese all graduating as 3 year starters. But they also return a lot of promising young talent.
Get in the weight room boys and earn your spot!
I saw that Brent Niekamp posted on twitter a picture of tom benson stadium and mentioned that that's the goal for his seniors so I bet they'll be working their tails off.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 01-24-18 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-18, 07:47 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I saw that Brent Niekamp posted on twitter a picture of tom benson stadium and mentioned that that's the goal for his seniors so I bet they'll be working their tails off.
As crazy as it sounds, our lines may be even bigger next year. Potentially 3 300 lbs O Linemen.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-18, 08:27 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,845
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
As crazy as it sounds, our lines may be even bigger next year. Potentially 3 300 lbs O Linemen.
That sounds encouraging. What will the receiving core look like for Schmitz?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-24-18, 08:32 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
That sounds encouraging. What will the receiving core look like for Schmitz?
Young and athletic.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-18, 08:36 PM
Blue Jay Fan Blue Jay Fan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-04-03
Location: Delphos
Posts: 937
Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
The 'Jays will be relatively young but bring up a lot of talented sophs and freshmen from an 8-2 (MAC 6-2) JV team.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-18, 09:49 PM
State2013 State2013 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-29-17
Posts: 25
State2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
The 'Jays will be relatively young but bring up a lot of talented sophs and freshmen from an 8-2 (MAC 6-2) JV team.
I hope they can put it all together, Delphos' decline was one of the disappointing things from my time in high school. They were always one of my favorites to play.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-18, 10:02 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,845
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by State2013 View Post
I hope they can put it all together, Delphos' decline was one of the disappointing things from my time in high school. They were always one of my favorites to play.
I tend to agree about the decline. I went from losing to them my freshman and sophomore year to beating them in the final minute my junior year then blowing them out my senior year. It was nice to see Delphos in the playoffs again.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-25-18, 11:03 AM
ru4ml ru4ml is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-09
Posts: 90
ru4ml is on a distinguished road
StateChampion2012, don't forget WR Tangeman is back as he may have more of an impact than Hobadaz....Yes where is Hoser to get us those big time schools to play us as
I haven't heard of any schools lining up to play ML the first two weeks...Will be a challenge to fill the schedule-- may be traveling to Ind or Mich???
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-25-18, 11:48 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,308
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4ml View Post
StateChampion2012, don't forget WR Tangeman is back as he may have more of an impact than Hobadaz....Yes where is Hoser to get us those big time schools to play us as
I haven't heard of any schools lining up to play ML the first two weeks...Will be a challenge to fill the schedule-- may be traveling to Ind or Mich???
you beat me to it, Tangeman is dang good, catches everything.

heard bornhorst might be switched to RB for the Cards.

Anna returns a bunch of solid kids, the going to be Junior class is pretty dang good

Cats lose some good players, but already putting in the extra work, time for some pups to step up and become dogs.....

not sure about Coldwater, I think they lost some key players, their pups need to to grow up to.

Fort has lost some key players, interesting what type of team they bring

St Johns, depth might be a problem, really never go by the JV record to determine what type of a team you will have the following year...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-25-18, 11:48 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,046
thavoice is on a distinguished road
I see a down year.

MSML will roll through an undefeated season and then to the finals once again.

Minster will be putting in the extra extra extra work this year.

FR comes back to earth and misses the postseason.

League has 2, maybe 3 playoff teams but only one team going deep into the playoffs in the flyers
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-25-18, 12:24 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,845
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Forgot about Tangeman my mistake! We return the majority of our receiving core. We have a great sophomore class and our freshman won the MAC as 8th graders. The Qb situation is going to be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-25-18, 12:26 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,845
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
you beat me to it, Tangeman is dang good, catches everything.

heard bornhorst might be switched to RB for the Cards.

Anna returns a bunch of solid kids, the going to be Junior class is pretty dang good

Cats lose some good players, but already putting in the extra work, time for some pups to step up and become dogs.....

not sure about Coldwater, I think they lost some key players, their pups need to to grow up to.

Fort has lost some key players, interesting what type of team they bring

St Johns, depth might be a problem, really never go by the JV record to determine what type of a team you will have the following year...
Who would play QB?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-25-18, 01:42 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,308
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Who would play QB?
I think there is a boy that will be a Soph. that will get a shot
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-25-18, 01:43 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,308
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I see a down year.

MSML will roll through an undefeated season and then to the finals once again.

Minster will be putting in the extra extra extra work this year.

FR comes back to earth and misses the postseason.

League has 2, maybe 3 playoff teams but only one team going deep into the playoffs in the flyers
will be doing that in the summer....if they can find the time
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-25-18, 03:09 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post

FR comes back to earth and misses the postseason.
There have been 4 teams from MAC to make the playoffs each of the last 4 years. Fort Recovery is one of them. The Program is working in FR and I am confident it will continue to work. FR may very well miss the playoffs next season. They have a tough non conference schedule and of course the MAC is brutal. But they won't miss it due to lack of talent or effort.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-25-18, 03:35 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,046
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
There have been 4 teams from MAC to make the playoffs each of the last 4 years. Fort Recovery is one of them. The Program is working in FR and I am confident it will continue to work. FR may very well miss the playoffs next season. They have a tough non conference schedule and of course the MAC is brutal. But they won't miss it due to lack of talent or effort.
Lack of talent. Yes.
Lack of effort. No.

I realize you're all giddy from the past talent but unless you have some super talented kids in the pipeline then yes, you will start missing the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-25-18, 03:50 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Lack of talent. Yes.
Lack of effort. No.

I realize you're all giddy from the past talent but unless you have some super talented kids in the pipeline then yes, you will start missing the playoffs.
You've seen the young kids from FR how many times?
You see the name FR and assume lack of talent. You have no idea what talent there is at the Fort. You've declared the past two seasons that FR would miss the playoffs because they "lacked talent". You were wrong then. You are wrong now.
There is a lot of talent in FR's program.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-25-18, 03:55 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,046
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
You've seen the young kids from FR how many times?
You see the name FR and assume lack of talent. You have no idea what talent there is at the Fort. You've declared the past two seasons that FR would miss the playoffs because they "lacked talent". You were wrong then. You are wrong now.
There is a lot of talent in FR's program.
It took the magic legs of the Mac all time leading rusher for you to sneak in last year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be and I expect you to tell me how right I was next fall.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-25-18, 04:18 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,845
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Fort Recovery certainly wont lack talent. If they have a line that will give Clay time to throw and have receivers that will catch the ball, they'll be pretty good. I firmly believe that class will win the league as seniors but for now they'll be young.

Voice our sophomores as freshman last year lost to Fort and Bremen. Both have talent.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-25-18, 04:24 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
It took the magic legs of the Mac all time leading rusher for you to sneak in last year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be and I expect you to tell me how right I was next fall.
Funny you bring up Homan. Last year you said FR would lose because we no longer had the magic arm of a DI QB. We still won.

There is a lesson to be learned from Homan however. He certainly wasn't the fastest kid in MAC history. Nor was he the biggest. So what made his legs magical? He ran hard on every play. He never stopped churning. He gave max effort on every carry.
That and he had a darn good line.

Our line will be better next year.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-25-18, 04:26 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Fort Recovery certainly wont lack talent. If they have a line that will give Clay time to throw and have receivers that will catch the ball, they'll be pretty good. I firmly believe that class will win the league as seniors but for now they'll be young.

Voice our sophomores as freshman last year lost to Fort and Bremen. Both have talent.
There are no guarantees when you play in the MAC. FR may very well lose every game. Then again, I believe they have the talent to make the playoffs for a 5th year in a row.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-25-18, 04:33 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,845
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
There are no guarantees when you play in the MAC. FR may very well lose every game. Then again, I believe they have the talent to make the playoffs for a 5th year in a row.
That I highly doubt but I believe you will maybe go 5-3 or so in MAC play. Fully agree though Nothing is guaranteed!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-25-18, 04:51 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,046
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Funny you bring up Homan. Last year you said FR would lose because we no longer had the magic arm of a DI QB. We still won.

There is a lesson to be learned from Homan however. He certainly wasn't the fastest kid in MAC history. Nor was he the biggest. So what made his legs magical? He ran hard on every play. He never stopped churning. He gave max effort on every carry.
That and he had a darn good line.

Our line will be better next year.
And because you would get beat by VV, which you did. You don't become the rushing champ all time in this league unless you're extremely talented.

I guess I shoulda asked, do you play VV again? If so, no playoffs because you won't have that talent at RB.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-25-18, 05:03 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,046
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Is this finally the year that Honda stops disappointing and becomes a MAC power? They flirted with it and we thought last year was it. That is the wild card to the league behind Marion local.

Coldwater will depend on how what is done at the QB spot. Clinton Massie again looms in week 2 and Kenton seemed to really come on after the week 1 loss.

Can Minster recoup from losing their ace? Will they reload or will it take 2 seasons?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-25-18, 05:10 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
And because you would get beat by VV, which you did. You don't become the rushing champ all time in this league unless you're extremely talented.

I guess I shoulda asked, do you play VV again? If so, no playoffs because you won't have that talent at RB.
We lost to VV last year. We made the playoffs. You were wrong.... again.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-25-18, 05:16 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 7,046
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
We lost to VV last year. We made the playoffs. You were wrong.... again.
But you had magic legs to garner a league upset or two.

You dont have that anymore
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-25-18, 05:17 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,952
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
That I highly doubt but I believe you will maybe go 5-3 or so in MAC play. Fully agree though Nothing is guaranteed!
At 5-3 in the MAC FR should make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-25-18, 05:21 PM
Jaws31 Jaws31 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-25-16
Posts: 458
Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Any word on if or where Homan is going to play at the next level?IMO he would be a good smaller D2- D3 back.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC) cchs1983 Football 268 11-12-18 06:42 PM
2018 Best of the Midwest (Formerly Philo) - Saturday JANUARY 6, 2018 ptrsn Wrestling 103 01-07-18 09:39 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
Midwest Athletic Conference 2017 StateChampion2012 Football 1450 12-09-17 02:06 PM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz