Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-21-17, 12:35 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyelder View Post
So it's cool for you to blame officiating, rain and the score being wrong vs X but its not cool for someone to say they were out classed by a team that is the #1 football program in the state of Kentucky decades running and that they were in the game until half and they have some potential players which ironically is a comment you yourself have said many times. Saying what I said gets you labeled a cancer, a friggin wuss and an Oak Hills soccer mom. Got it.

Cant wait for another PM lobbing some new insults by the way. You lasted 24 hours. Impressive restraint.
I think it's a fact, Elder beats LS in normal conditions. Just like Harding beats Elder in the '02 Title game if it doesn't snow heavily. I'm not using that as an excuse for Elder, they didn't play up to the level they should have. And officiating isn't necessarily the reason they lost to Ignatius, but it was an egregious officiating error, on a non football play, that gave Ignatius 7 points. My entire point is looking at this team's overall body of work, they weren't mediocre.

And again, you posted your comments with some congratulations. There's no congratulations for getting blown out, ever. Doesn't mean it's ok to tear those kids down, just don't hang your hat on it.
Old 12-21-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Bingo.
That's their problem. Don't complain about not being heard if you're not willing to do anything about it.
Old 12-21-17, 12:56 PM
All Yappi

jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
pretty sure it was Lind who threw the flag. and iggy didn't win b/c of the officials. they won b/c they had a better kicker.

jtk
()
Old 12-21-17, 12:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
I see those two names and I just scroll down. I looked at your and adselder09 post and that is all I have read so far. I am starting to think those two can't interact with anyone unless they do it via an electronic device. Pboy just paces up and down at games never sitting down.

he also cusses like a sailor, so the youngsters can hear him. lol

jtk
()
Old 12-21-17, 01:08 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's because it all leads back to the same issues at the SOURCE of the problems.
Let's start from the top here:

Quote:
Basketball team continues to roll out the same starters...what should we make of that?
They've started 2-3 different lineups this year based on their twitter account, so you're wrong here.

Quote:
We go 6-4 in football and don't make the playoffs...it's because other teams are cheating. What should we make of that?
They made the playoffs last season at 6-4, this year they missed because of the schedule nothing more, nothing less. I didn't see one person blame it on cheating/illegal recruiting though it does happen.

Quote:
Senior QBs continue to get the starts when the others show they are better...what should we make of that?
Coming from the guy who trashed Bittner for half the year saying he was a byproduct of the Visi politics this is hilarious. Nieman won the job in camp. He was voted as a team Captain and won the starting job last season as well. Maybe Bittner is just a gamer and isn't as good in practice, but unless Bittner was head and shoulders better (a la Mark Miller in 2008 over Sr. Captain Joe Hetzer) the job was Nieman's. After being injured against X, he was given the opportunity to retain his job against WW. Why there is some grand conspiracy theory from you I have no clue, but again you're wrong here.

Quote:
Most GCL schools put a ton of kids through speed programs...what should we make of that?
Is this a speed program offered via their strength and conditioning or do they have an outside team do this? Tekulve (sp?) is a program that was available several years back. It wasn't a requirement but information was provided by Elder for this program.

Quote:
Just barely enough kids try out to fill out the varsity basketball roster...what should we make of that?
Source? I was a little surprised to see that San Fillippo wasn't on the team this year. Didn't he give up football to focus on basketball? This is definitely an issue but it also happens in other sports that cut. If you know the team is going to take 12-13, odds are you won't have 30 trying out.

Quote:
Other schools are drastically expanding recruiting into other areas of the city to attract more and better kids and athletes...Elder doesn't follow suit...what should we make of that?
Until the small freshmen class, it seemed Elder didn't think they needed to expand their recruiting. That's already changing and they will be making improvements going forward. Their insert into the Pride that was basically a brochure for prospective students was extremely well done and highlighted a few misconceptions about Elder that outsiders may have. One that stuck out to me, was how close some areas actually are to Elder, when most perceive it's much further/harder to get to.

Quote:
Other schools have created feeder programs with broad exposure that develops talent earlier to help their programs when they get to high school. Elder hand-picks one team per grade...what should we make of that?
Please list the other feeder programs created by the other GCLS schools that are different than Elder's Panther teams for basketball or Weststars for baseball? How are these other teams not considered ”hand-picked?"

Quote:
Other schools pick over 20 kids for the freshman and JV teams and looks to develop them in practice and B games...Elder takes 13...what should we make of that?
This is about the only point you have correct. I know that they tried to do A/B teams in the past, maybe they didn't find it beneficial. Maybe they struggled to find B games. Maybe they put in too much time on kids who ended up leaving the program/sport so it turned out to be a waste of time on those kids. I don't know the answer to this one, but it isn't a foreign idea. It's been done before and they no longer do it.

Quote:
Other schools play their best talent at the level that stretches them...Elder plays them where they are...what should we make of that?
Not even sure what you mean by the this one, but Elder plays their best talent, if they didn't there would be some serious outrage, not just whining from the likes of you and PBoy.

Quote:
All of the schools are doing things drastically different and having success. Elder is doing the same as they always have and regressing. Most answers to questions fall within this status quo mentality.
I don't think other schools are doing drastically different things. The only one who may be is LaSalle and they've seen some recent success. Moeller and X seem to be doing the same things they've always done as has Elder. A lot of the struggled for Elder compared to those two is location and academic prestige. Elder is closing the gap in that regard, but it's obviously tough to convince people of this overnight.

Quote:
What's your answer then? You complain that we always bring this stuff up, but that's all it is. You know there are issues, but never have the backbone for the solutions. Instead, you just ignore it, and then tell us to ignore it.
I don't have all the answers. I don't work for the school. I have ideas and suggestions much like you and Pboy but what good are they here? You talk about backbone, you're whining and biching on an anonymous blog/message board? Some backbone you have. At least Pboy has actually voiced his complaints to the school and they who he is. What are you doing other than ruining this board to help the situation? That's right, whining and complaining anonymously.

Quote:
It's not even close to an apples to apples comparison with other schools. Elder is doing none of what others are doing to be successful. That is worthy of scrutiny after a decade of mediocrity in multiple sports.
Like what specifically? What are these other schools doing athletically that Elder is not? You must have some actual evidence of what is and is not happening at Elder compared to these other schools to make such a broad statement. You have one correct arugment regarding the size of the Freshmen and JV basketball teams, what else do you have?

Quote:
All of the other reasons are BS...OWN your success. That's what it always comes back to, and that's why it sounds like a broken record on here.
I shouldn't have given you the time of day, it really wasn't worth it but slow day at work so what the heck. I will say, for someone who really doesn't live and die Elder athletics, you spend quite a bit of time complaining about them on here, especially when the only people who actually respond to you are myself occasionally and Pboy.
Old 12-21-17, 01:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
pretty sure it was Lind who threw the flag. and iggy didn't win b/c of the officials. they won b/c they had a better kicker.

jtk
()
Agree here. That penalty happened in the 1st half. It was a huge play at that point in the game but the kicker was the difference in the game. Elder had plenty of opportunities, including the final possession to make that penalty not matter.
Old 12-21-17, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
pretty sure it was Lind who threw the flag.
It was. This fact has been repeated over and over again since the game.
Old 12-21-17, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Agree here. That penalty happened in the 1st half. It was a huge play at that point in the game but the kicker was the difference in the game. Elder had plenty of opportunities, including the final possession to make that penalty not matter.
I didn't say it was the only factor, but it was an awful call, which gifted Ignatius a TD. And if Lind threw the flag, didn't Sager confirm the call?
Old 12-21-17, 01:49 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing to see here...everything is fine and dandy. You have a rebuttal to everything but simply can't see the forest through the trees.

You people continue and continue to defend, yet the results simply speak for themselves. The past decade hasn't been a result of "bad luck"...much of it was under Elder's control, some a result of decisions and practices, and they did very little.

No one seems to want to own that. That's what bothers me the most and keeps me posting. Continued and relentless excuse making.

And until that accountability happens, get used to it. Take some accountability and force some change for the better...that's all I'm saying. The only thing that shows what they're doing the right things is results. That's the ultimate decision maker, and those results continue to be vastly mediocre. You can't argue that.

Until that changes, just shut up with all of the excuses. Higher things my butt

I'm done. You all get your wish. I'll see you at .500
Old 12-21-17, 01:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nothing to see here...everything is fine and dandy. You have a rebuttal to everything but simply can't see the forest through the trees.

You people continue and continue to defend, yet the results simply speak for themselves. The past decade hasn't been a result of "bad luck"...much of it was under Elder's control, some a result of decisions and practices, and they did very little.

No one seems to want to own that. That's what bothers me the most and keeps me posting. Continued and relentless excuse making.

And until that accountability happens, get used to it. Take some accountability and force some change for the better...that's all I'm saying. The only thing that shows what they're doing the right things is results. That's the ultimate decision maker, and those results continue to be vastly mediocre. You can't argue that.

Nobody's defending anything. It's just unfair to consider this specific Elder team average. You could accurately claim they've been avg over a decade, but the 2017 team was not mediocre, it's just not accurate.
Old 12-21-17, 01:56 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Get owned, ignore the facts and change the subject. It's the trey2k way.
Old 12-21-17, 01:58 PM
All American

I'm not responding to all of that...it will take too long.

And getting owned is a matter of opinion...you also never take accountability for anything that's wrong, and that you know is wrong.

They might not let you prance around and take pictures anymore. Keep those lips nice and puckered. Strap it up, play some competitive sports, then lets talk.
Old 12-21-17, 02:07 PM
All American

At least with ads, I know he sees some of what I say. I know he knows there is some truth to much of it. With Descartes, I can respect that he put his neck out there to air some obvious deficiencies in accountability. Whatever you think of him, none of us are willing to stick our necks out like that. That takes some balls.

With EHS, he's a no backbone, homering schill. He's part of the old guard that thinks everything Elder does is pristine and perfect, and that nothing needs to change. Poster child for status quo.
Old 12-21-17, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I didn't say it was the only factor, but it was an awful call, which gifted Ignatius a TD. And if Lind threw the flag, didn't Sager confirm the call?
did you want him to go to the replay booth to see if it was right? hs officials only go to other officials if they are asked or if they have concern that they may be wrong. sagers only calls what he sees or his crew sees. lol

jtk
()
Old 12-21-17, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
did you want him to go to the replay booth to see if it was right? hs officials only go to other officials if they are asked or if they have concern that they may be wrong. sagers only calls what he sees or his crew sees. lol

jtk
()
He was right there and everyone knew it wasn't taunting. I can handle when calls related to in game plays don't go your way, but that was an absurdly awful call that no official should make. It wasn't a chippy game and Slocum was clearly turned towards the SS. That's not the sole reason they lost, but it was a huge factor.
Old 12-21-17, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
At least with ads, I know he sees some of what I say. I know he knows there is some truth to much of it. With Descartes, I can respect that he put his neck out there to air some obvious deficiencies in accountability. Whatever you think of him, none of us are willing to stick our necks out like that. That takes some balls.

With EHS, he's a no backbone, homering schill. He's part of the old guard that thinks everything Elder does is pristine and perfect, and that nothing needs to change. Poster child for status quo.
I don't do any of this to satisfy my ego or to square away a personal vendetta. All I care about is seeing Elder win, that's it. That's all anyone should care about.
Old 12-21-17, 03:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What are you talking about? I've acknowledged there are issues. When have I ever said things are fine and dandy? Going .500 in any sport at Elder should not be the goal. It should not be praised, but will it happen? Occasionally yes.

Quote:
I didn't defend anything other than I knew they were making changes to their recruitment process. Everything is was just pointing out where you were wrong in your "we want answers" post. If you're going to go on a tirade like that you should at the very leave have most, if not all of your facts correct.

Quote:
This sounds dead on Pboy. I keep coming back because no one else seems to care or takes accountability. Then why do you care so much? That literally makes no sense.

Quote:
Completely true and completely fair to say.

Quote:
This one made me laugh. Sounds like something a 10-year old would say. Guess the school should change their motto because they've had a few average seasons athletically.

Quote:
I won't hold my breath. You've said this multiple times and still are here posting. When you're finally gone I'm sure some other posters will start posting again. Pboy will still scare some away but it's easier to read around one person as opposed to two, especially when they just go back and forth for hours at a time.
Old 12-21-17, 04:08 PM
All Region

voiceoreaso is on a distinguished road
Descartes

His son did not go to St X. You lose any credibility you have when you say completely untrue things. Lind threw the flag. He doesn't have to verify another call by an official. The head ref doesn't see every penalty. They lost for multiple reasons. One main one being the kicker for Iggy is incredible. Please use some facts when you bring your crap to this forum.

Why let facts get in the way of a good argument!!
Old 12-21-17, 05:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoreaso View Post
Descartes

His son did not go to St X. You lose any credibility you have when you say completely untrue things. Lind threw the flag. He doesn't have to verify another call by an official. The head ref doesn't see every penalty. They lost for multiple reasons. One main one being the kicker for Iggy is incredible. Please use some facts when you bring your crap to this forum.

Why let facts get in the way of a good argument!!
Then I was lied to.
Old 12-22-17, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't do any of this to satisfy my ego or to square away a personal vendetta. All I care about is seeing Elder win, that's it. That's all anyone should care about.
Pull out the football rules for unsporting acts and one them is flexing your muscles/posing. It's supposed to be an automatic flag.

Queue your response of me being a homer ref...
Old 12-22-17, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Pull out the football rules for unsporting acts and one them is flexing your muscles/posing. It's supposed to be an automatic flag.

Queue your response of me being a homer ref...
Then how about calling it more consistently? Kids do it all the time and it never draws a flag.
Old 12-22-17, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

And this is exactly why no team from Ohio should play any team from out west. The OHSAA might do dumb things, but at least they keep transfer rules in line to prevent the game from being totally ruined by recruiting.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
Old 01-03-18, 12:39 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
It doesn't look like Elder is playing Gahanna-Lincoln Week 3, as Gahanna posted an open date on the OHSAA site today for Week 3.
Old 01-03-18, 04:05 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'd say Lakota West is open, but that failure Larry Cox is still inexplicably the HC, so I doubt he puts himself in position to get embarrassed again.
I'll take some of that action.

West Chester Lakota West
08/24 H Cincinnati St. Xavier
Old 01-03-18, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
I'll take some of that action.

West Chester Lakota West
08/24 H Cincinnati St. Xavier
If you take the number of D1 recruits he has and divide it by 2, that's the # of wins he'll get each season. What a complete failure as a coach.
Old 01-03-18, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
If you take the number of D1 recruits he has and divide it by 2, that's the # of wins he'll get each season. What a complete failure as a coach.
That's a hefty exaggeration, but I agree that he's significantly underachieved.

Carry on.
Old 01-03-18, 05:02 PM
Freshman

WorkRoadSammy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let's get it started... This team will be good if they stay healthy

QB- Bitter
RB- Massminster
FB- Wainscott
WR- Trischler, Perry, Royer
TE- Keys

LT- James
LG-Ginn
C-Finley
RG-Mullaney
RT-Kandra

DE- Bono
NG- Tolbert
DE- Klingebeck/Smith

OLB- Austing, Barret
ILB- Perdue, ?

CB- Beck, Seeger
Rover- O'Brien
FS- Pastoriza
How many of these players can play Division 1??
Old 01-03-18, 05:30 PM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkRoadSammy View Post
Aside from Bono do any of them have D1 offers? Are any of them being recruited by D1 schools?

The reality is that landing a D1 offer for football is incredibly challenging. According to the NCAA only 4.3% of Ohio seniors are recruited by D1 programs.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...l-20170613.pdf
Old 01-03-18, 05:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
That's a hefty exaggeration, but I agree that he's significantly underachieved.

Carry on.
It's a bit of an exaggeration, but they had like 6 high D1 kids this year and only won 2 games. West fans must not give a F*** as long as he plays their kid.
Old 01-03-18, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkRoadSammy View Post
James, Kandra, and Bittner. Trischler might get a PFO somewhere.

Last edited by Descartes; 01-03-18 at 08:56 PM.