Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 12-20-17, 01:43 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
People couldn't separate your ideas, suggestions, and identification of problem areas with they way you presented them, but the problem areas you have pointed out over the years are real.

There are alot of people that feel the same way who simply don't voice it, either in-person or on here, because they do legitimately feel it could impact their kids/cousin/brother/future panther's playing time. But I'm guessing there are HUNDREDS of pockets of peer groups that talk about alot of these fiascos over food and beers.

But then everyone tries to tell us we're crazy for what we bring up here. It's BS. Be real.
I don't think there's any conspiracy to silence dissenters. I think a good amount of the people you speak of are jaded by their own biased towards their son/grandson/nephew,etc. People can't be trusted to have an honest discussion when talking about their kid, it's just not going to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 12-20-17, 01:44 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 2,215
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I think a good amount of the people you speak of are jaded by their own biased towards their son/grandson/nephew,etc.
Agreed...but they're not always wrong either.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 12-20-17, 01:49 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Agreed...but they're not always wrong either.
And it doesn't mean they're right. That's why we need more people posting here to filter out the bs.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 12-20-17, 02:14 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 14,096
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
We are also the ONLY ones that dare to be critical. We get critical, even when it's obvious, and everyone gets scared away.

We all sit at a basketball and football game and everyone whispers about all of the things that are brought up here...it's like it's a mortal sin to question Elder or anyone up there. I know everyone hears it too, but it's all hush hush.
It's one thing to be critical and ask questions. It's a completely different thing to whine and bich like you two do back and forth. It doesn't bother me a much, sometimes it's even humorous, but the majority of the board hates it and refuses to read/post because of it.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 12-20-17, 02:23 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 14,096
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
People couldn't separate your ideas, suggestions, and identification of problem areas with they way you presented them, but the problem areas you have pointed out over the years are real.

There are alot of people that feel the same way who simply don't voice it, either in-person or on here, because they do legitimately feel it could impact their kids/cousin/brother/future panther's playing time or roster spot. But I'm guessing there are HUNDREDS of pockets of peer groups that talk about alot of these fiascos over food and beers all the time. Most that post here likely have a group just as I described that talk about what is written here.

But then everyone tries to tell us we're crazy and ruining the board for what we bring up here. It's BS. Be real.
Even if there is a sliver of truth to what you post, that doesn't mean you aren't ruining the board. The two are not mutually exclusive.

There have been plenty of people posting here in years past that have questioned Ramsey's playcalling/game plans. Others that have asked if it's time for JS to hang it up. People see it and do comment, you two just take it to another level with your constant back and forth. That's why EHS made you both a separate thread because your banter was spilling onto EVERY thread in the forum. It was the exact same argument everywhere. You don't see how that would annoy and turn off other posters?
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 12-20-17, 02:28 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 14,096
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
There is only one pboy. Maybe I'll just give you your platform back.

Deuces.

Someone give me instructions on how to delete my account and I'm out.
Yes, please go. To delete your account I would assume you just message or email Yappi directly.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 12-20-17, 02:39 PM
EHS 2001 EHS 2001 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-05-02
Location: The Pit Elder High School
Posts: 9,710
EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Yes, please go. To delete your account I would assume you just message or email Yappi directly.
adselder is correct. A user cannot delete their own account. They need an administrator to do it for them.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 12-20-17, 02:47 PM
cincyelder cincyelder is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-13-17
Posts: 75
cincyelder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That's why we need more people posting here to filter out the bs.
You publicly called me a Gutless dimwit, a friggin wuss and a soccer mom after you dredged up a 55 day old post about my opinion which was really only saying Trinity was better and had a larger feeder and recruiting area than Elder right now. I said the Freshman team was in that game until halftime and there were pieces to work with. I also said basically there are no miracle players coming in 22 that are so much better than 21. That doesn't mean I don't want success for Elder and these boys or that I am happy with them getting drilled or having a 500 record, you only wanted it to mean that so you could go off on one of your fist pumping keyboard attacks. You actually went looking for a post to go after someone on from 55 days ago! You really get off on that don't you? You also called me an idiot and a cancer in a private unprovoked message the same day. You actually private messaged me to insult me about an opinion on freshman football? Bottom line is you wont let anyone have any opinion that isnt yours without insulting them. Why is it dead in here? You guys, Descartes in particular, suck out all the oxygen.

This site was interesting for a while but now it's no fun. Shame.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 12-20-17, 03:17 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyelder View Post
You publicly called me a Gutless dimwit, a friggin wuss and a soccer mom after you dredged up a 55 day old post about my opinion which was really only saying Trinity was better and had a larger feeder and recruiting area than Elder right now. I said the Freshman team was in that game until halftime and there were pieces to work with. I also said basically there are no miracle players coming in 22 that are so much better than 21. That doesn't mean I don't want success for Elder and these boys or that I am happy with them getting drilled or having a 500 record, you only wanted it to mean that so you could go off on one of your fist pumping keyboard attacks. You actually went looking for a post to go after someone on from 55 days ago! You really get off on that don't you? You also called me an idiot and a cancer in a private unprovoked message the same day. You actually private messaged me to insult me about an opinion on freshman football? Bottom line is you wont let anyone have any opinion that isnt yours without insulting them. Why is it dead in here? You guys, Descartes in particular, suck out all the oxygen.

This site was interesting for a while but now it's no fun. Shame.
You know damn well there was a hint of adulation in your post and it's disgusting. This is Elder, not OH, there's no rewards for "competitive" losses. And it's not just you, there's plenty of other fans who are more than happy to just be competive with Trinity for 3 Qtrs, and I say they're all cancers. That is not the attitude of a successful program, period. There's too much excuse making going on, when attention needs to be on Elder stepping up their game.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 12-20-17, 03:21 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
And the incoming Frosh are markedly better than the current Frosh. The current Frosh aren't bad, there's some good players, but they don't have the players on Defense to be successful as single class. They won GCL bc the talent level is very weak among the other 3 schools and LS had their best Frosh on JV.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 12-20-17, 03:22 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 14,096
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Pboy's favorite word the last month+ might be "materially."
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-20-17, 03:28 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Pboy's favorite word the last month+ might be "materially."
Switched it to "markedly", but you get the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-20-17, 07:54 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
To further the discussion, these are the 3 macro improvements that need to be made to improve the competitiveness of the program:

1) better team speed

2) more athletes on Defense

3) better special teams, especially punting. This is a critical element to the game that gets way overlooked. Field position is so vital in HS football.

Positives:

1) Passing game- consistently produce high quality QBs and WRs

2) Development of Linemen. The 2016 season was the exception.

3) Strength program
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-20-17, 08:02 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 2,215
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Even if there is a sliver of truth to what you post, that doesn't mean you aren't ruining the board. The two are not mutually exclusive.

There have been plenty of people posting here in years past that have questioned Ramsey's playcalling/game plans. Others that have asked if it's time for JS to hang it up. People see it and do comment, you two just take it to another level with your constant back and forth. That's why EHS made you both a separate thread because your banter was spilling onto EVERY thread in the forum. It was the exact same argument everywhere. You don't see how that would annoy and turn off other posters?
That's because it all leads back to the same issues at the SOURCE of the problems.

Basketball team continues to roll out the same starters...what should we make of that?

We go 6-4 in football and don't make the playoffs...it's because other teams are cheating. What should we make of that?

Senior QBs continue to get the starts when the others show they are better...what should we make of that?

Most GCL schools put a ton of kids through speed programs...what should we make of that?

Just barely enough kids try out to fill out the varsity basketball roster...what should we make of that?

Other schools are drastically expanding recruiting into other areas of the city to attract more and better kids and athletes...Elder doesn't follow suit...what should we make of that?

Other schools have created feeder programs with broad exposure that develops talent earlier to help their programs when they get to high school. Elder hand-picks one team per grade...what should we make of that?

Other schools pick over 20 kids for the freshman and JV teams and looks to develop them in practice and B games...Elder takes 13...what should we make of that?

Other schools play their best talent at the level that stretches them...Elder plays them where they are...what should we make of that?

All of the schools are doing things drastically different and having success. Elder is doing the same as they always have and regressing. Most answers to questions fall within this status quo mentality.

What's your answer then? You complain that we always bring this stuff up, but that's all it is. You know there are issues, but never have the backbone for the solutions. Instead, you just ignore it, and then tell us to ignore it.

It's not even close to an apples to apples comparison with other schools. Elder is doing none of what others are doing to be successful. That is worthy of scrutiny after a decade of mediocrity in multiple sports.

All of the other reasons are BS...OWN your success. That's what it always comes back to, and that's why it sounds like a broken record on here.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-20-17, 08:11 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
That's because it all leads back to the same issues at the SOURCE of the problems.

Basketball team continues to roll out the same starters...what should we make of that?

We go 6-4 in football and don't make the playoffs...it's because other teams are cheating. What should we make of that?

Senior QBs continue to get the starts when the others show they are better...what should we make of that?

Just barely enough kids try out to fill out the varsity basketball roster...what should we make of that?

Other schools are drastically expanding recruiting into other areas of the city to attract more and better kids...Elder doesn't follow suit...what should we make of that?

Other schools have created feeder programs with broad exposure that develops talent earlier to help their programs when they get to high school. Elder hand-picks one team per grade...what should we make of that?

Other schools pick over 20 kids for the freshman and JV teams and looks to develop them in practice and B games...Elder takes 13...what should we make of that?

Other schools play their best talent at the level that stretches them...Elder plays them where they are...what should we make of that?

All of the schools are doing things drastically different and having success. Elder is doing the same as they always have and regressing. Most answers to questions fall within these status quo mentality.

What's your answer then? You complain that we always bring this stuff up, but that's all it is. You know there are issues, but never have the backbone for the solutions. Instead, you just ignore it, and then tell us to ignore it.

It's not even close to an apples to apples comparison with other schools. Elder is doing none of what others are doing to be successful. That is worthy of scrutiny after a decade of mediocrity in multiple sports.

All of the other reasons are BS...OWN your success. That's what it always comes back to, and that's why it sounds like a broken record on here.
I won't comment on bball in a football thread, but this was far from a mediocre Elder football team. If anyone but Sagers (son went to X) is officiating the Ignatius game, they win, under normal weather conditions, they beat LS. And they outplayed X in every statistical measure. The 2016 team was mediocre at 6-4, this was a team that could've made a playoff run if not for a conpletely flukey outcome in several games that final week.

And Nieman outplayed Bittner in the preseason. Ramsey did him a favor by giving him the chance to win back his job. I would've started Bittner for good after the Moe game, but I think Ramsey wanted to do what he perceived as "fair."
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-20-17, 08:15 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 2,215
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
But they didn't make the playoffs...and likely some of the reasons mentioned above that everyone else is doing (playing their best no matter what, playing kids up, early development, etc) played a role in that. I'm guessing everyone agrees that team makes the playoffs if the best QB is playing all year. They were a very good team...their decisions are what kept them out of the playoffs. You have to quit hiding from that.

THAT'S THE POINT. Decisions being made based on legacy "Elder way" is hurting the trajectory of the sports programs, in multiple ways. It has to evolve, like everyone else in the city has.

It's a culture shift. You can't rely on 1988 methods in 2017 high school sports. There has to be a strong desire to recognize and accept change as a positive.

Without accepting this point, nothing else really matters. This HAS to come first. Hence, get used to it.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-20-17, 08:34 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
But they didn't make the playoffs...and likely some of the reasons mentioned above that everyone else is doing (playing their best no matter what, playing kids up, early development, etc) played a role in that. I'm guessing everyone agrees that team makes the playoffs if the best QB is playing all year. They were a very good team...their decisions are what kept them out of the playoffs. You have to quit hiding from that.

THAT'S THE POINT. Decisions being made based on legacy "Elder way" is hurting the trajectory of the sports programs, in multiple ways. It has to evolve, like everyone else in the city has.

It's a culture shift. You can't rely on 1988 methods in 2017 high school sports. There has to be a strong desire to recognize and accept change as a positive.

Without accepting this point, nothing else really matters. This HAS to come first. Hence, get used to it.
I don't agree with that point. I thought Bittner should've started all along, I would've even taken the lumps and started him as a Soph. However, Nieman played extremely well v Ignatius and the first half v X, and they lose to Eds no matter what.

I do agree, there's some aspects of the culture that need to change, which is why I ripped into Cincyelder.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-20-17, 08:52 PM
Vincent and Regina Vincent and Regina is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-13-08
Posts: 2,147
Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTom View Post
Yep, I agree adselder09. Both of you guys are azzholes and I hate reading your crap anymore.
I see those two names and I just scroll down. I looked at your and adselder09 post and that is all I have read so far. I am starting to think those two can't interact with anyone unless they do it via an electronic device. Pboy just paces up and down at games never sitting down.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-20-17, 08:54 PM
Vincent and Regina Vincent and Regina is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-13-08
Posts: 2,147
Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
adselder is correct. A user cannot delete their own account. They need an administrator to do it for them.
Can you please delete both of their accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-20-17, 08:59 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
I see those two names and I just scroll down. I looked at your and adselder09 post and that is all I have read so far. I am starting to think those two can't interact with anyone unless they do it via an electronic device. Pboy just paces up and down at games never sitting down.
I'm focused on the game, it's not a social event for me. The only way I judge if I had fun was if Elder won, that's all I care about.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 12-20-17, 08:59 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
Can you please delete both of their accounts.
Shouldn't you be posting on Bluegrasspreps? Your Camels are looking strong!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-20-17, 09:03 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 2,215
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
I see those two names and I just scroll down. I looked at your and adselder09 post and that is all I have read so far. I am starting to think those two can't interact with anyone unless they do it via an electronic device. Pboy just paces up and down at games never sitting down.
Why? What do I post that you vehemently disagree with?

You don't see things the way most people see them? It doesn't bother you? You're likely one of the hundreds of people in the stands repeatedly asking what in the hell is going on with Elder sports, and whispering to your neighbor how things need to change.

We all hear those people. Don't act like I'm crazy. They are the majority...yet I say it here and I'm the villain.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-21-17, 10:30 AM
voiceoreaso voiceoreaso is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-13-07
Posts: 373
voiceoreaso is on a distinguished road
Descartes

Sagers son didn't go to St X. You are blaming him for the Iggy loss???? What?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-21-17, 11:26 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoreaso View Post
Descartes

Sagers son didn't go to St X. You are blaming him for the Iggy loss???? What?
He did indeed, he was a yr older than me. And he's the idiot who flagged Slocum for taunting after a stop on 3rd down. That penalty extended the Ignatius drive and they scored a few plays later. I believe Ramsey flat out said, it was the worst call he's ever seen.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-21-17, 11:29 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Why? What do I post that you vehemently disagree with?

You don't see things the way most people see them? It doesn't bother you? You're likely one of the hundreds of people in the stands repeatedly asking what in the hell is going on with Elder sports, and whispering to your neighbor how things need to change.

We all hear those people. Don't act like I'm crazy. They are the majority...yet I say it here and I'm the villain.
JC, stop playing the victim. You're getting attacked for how over the top you're being, not based on content. And I don't like V&R either. For someone who goes to all the games, he contributes next to nothing in terms of tangible football discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-21-17, 11:32 AM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 2,215
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
How am I being victimized? I'm just offering a dose of what I, and all of us hear, in the stands.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-21-17, 11:35 AM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 2,215
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
You're getting attacked for how over the top you're being, not based on content.
So are you.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-21-17, 11:39 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
How am I being victimized? I'm just offering a dose of what I, and all of us hear, in the stands.
You're always self describing yourself as the villain in the eyes of this forum. Maybe true, but it's not bc you're critical it's bc you're whiny.

And if all of these fans have a problem, they can create an account and voice their opinion. If they're careful about how much detail they reveal about themselves, they've got no worries about losing anonymity. If they're not willing to do something so benign to get their point out, then all of this must not be very important to them.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-21-17, 11:56 AM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 2,215
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
If they're not willing to do something so benign to get their point out, then all of this must not be very important to them.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-21-17, 12:18 PM
cincyelder cincyelder is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-13-17
Posts: 75
cincyelder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
If anyone but Sagers (son went to X) is officiating the Ignatius game, they win, under normal weather conditions, they beat LS. And they outplayed X in every statistical measure. The 2016 team was mediocre at 6-4, this was a team that could've made a playoff run if not for a conpletely flukey outcome in several games that final week.
So it's cool for you to blame officiating, rain and the score being wrong vs X but its not cool for someone to say they were out classed by a team that is the #1 football program in the state of Kentucky decades running and that they were in the game until half and they have some potential players which ironically is a comment you yourself have said many times. Saying what I said gets you labeled a cancer, a friggin wuss and an Oak Hills soccer mom. Got it.

Cant wait for another PM lobbing some new insults by the way. You lasted 24 hours. Impressive restraint.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IVC Football 2018 colorswitch Football 1513 11-14-18 02:42 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 17 09-24-18 05:18 PM
IUDOGS: 2017 - 2018 Ohio High School Football Coaches Changes IUDOGS Football 362 08-14-18 09:35 AM
2018 Football Schedule ElderHSfan02 Elder Panthers 33 11-01-17 06:17 AM
Massillon Football Program: Booster Club DB135 Massillon Tigers 1 08-24-17 09:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz