Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-06-18, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
FC Cincy reaches deal on West End stadium

This incredibly dumb saga is probably nowhere near over but they actually have a deal now. I will never support this team after the shenanigans they've pulled throughout this process; will be hilarious if they ultimately get turned down by the MLS anyway. Jeff Berding is a snake

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...l-with-fc.html
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-18, 10:18 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Who was it that was super butthurt about the stadium possibly going into the West End? Pboy or Mojo?
Old 04-06-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Pboy
Old 04-06-18, 10:41 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Pboy
I think that was someone else. I really didn’t want it there, but it’s not that big of a deal.
Old 04-06-18, 10:54 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
I don't care where they put it as long as I don't have to pay anything and as long as other neighborhoods outside the west side kick in to help out when people are displaced.

On a side note, I'm have no idea why folks are so confident this city will support an MLS team long term.
Old 04-06-18, 11:08 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank goodness something was figured out. As a regular listener to WLW, I was tired of hearing about it all the time. I could care less about soccer, which is probably why everyone was dragging their feet. I question the newsworthiness of all the coverage by WLW, because its soccer and its minor league...
Old 04-06-18, 11:12 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Thank goodness something was figured out. As a regular listener to WLW, I was tired of hearing about it all the time. I could care less about soccer, which is probably why everyone was dragging their feet. I question the newsworthiness of all the coverage by WLW, because its soccer and its minor league...
You couldn't careless about what they talk about for a large portion of the time you're listening, yet willing tune back in every day?
Old 04-06-18, 11:23 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
You couldn't careless about what they talk about for a large portion of the time you're listening, yet willing tune back in every day?
I like alot on WLW, but not soccer talk, and they need to get McConnell in the 9-12 slot or 12-3. Wasting him in the early morning shift.
Old 04-06-18, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Mojo was mad
Old 04-06-18, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
I don't care where they put it as long as I don't have to pay anything and as long as other neighborhoods outside the west side kick in to help out when people are displaced.

On a side note, I'm have no idea why folks are so confident this city will support an MLS team long term.
That was my thing. Itís kind of a novelty act right now, thereís no way it will hold the same popularity in 3-5 yrs, especially if the Reds are back to being decent. I canít inagine too many people will be displaced, but you know theyíll end up in Price Hill or Westwood.
Old 04-06-18, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Mojo was mad
I donít think it was him either. I think it was that Vincent & Regina guy.
Old 04-06-18, 11:54 AM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That was my thing. Itís kind of a novelty act right now, thereís no way it will hold the same popularity in 3-5 yrs, especially if the Reds are back to being decent. I canít inagine too many people will be displaced, but you know theyíll end up in Price Hill or Westwood.
It's where they belong. Put blight where blight belongs.
Old 04-06-18, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm fine with redistributing low-income housing as long as it's redistributed evenly.

And yes, once the team isn't so good, the Reds are better and the newness has worn off, I can't see the benefit. But I guess we'll see.
Old 04-06-18, 12:00 PM
All World

Quote:
I donít think it was him either. I think it was that Vincent & Regina guy.
I know he didn't want it in Kentucky since he lived there. You could be right tho
Old 04-06-18, 12:01 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
That's good news. Columbus has been having meetings with MLS recently and things seem to be going well. A new stadium there will happen if MLS shuts down the move. Would be a great natural rivalry.
Old 04-06-18, 01:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm fine with redistributing low-income housing as long as it's redistributed evenly.

And yes, once the team isn't so good, the Reds are better and the newness has worn off, I can't see the benefit. But I guess we'll see.
Didnít they buy a lot of property from CPS? If theyíre knocking down old school buildings that wonít displace as many people.
Old 04-06-18, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I think that was someone else. I really didnít want it there, but itís not that big of a deal.
I think we need Neo to fact check this.
Old 04-06-18, 02:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I know he didn't want it in Kentucky since he lived there. You could be right tho
Hard to imagine Newport was ever a real option. The city wasnít going to let that $ go across the river.
Old 04-06-18, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Didnít they buy a lot of property from CPS? If theyíre knocking down old school buildings that wonít displace as many people.
Initially, that's right. I wonder what will happen when and if property values go up.
Old 04-06-18, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Initially, that's right. I wonder what will happen when and if property values go up.
Isnít it already becoming gentrified?
Old 04-06-18, 03:17 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:

There is a strong support for soccer in this city. Ever since the days of SAY and when Finneytown High School won a state title decades ago there has been a huge group of youths participating in soccer that are now adults. But I do wonder that if they get into the MLS if all these people will support higher ticket prices and concessions. Also if they don't win Cincinnati is notorious for not backing a team that doesn't win.

But I wonder about the love affair with MLS. I guess it's The Soccer major leagues but that organizations has so much stink on it you just wonder how long before some financial wrong doing is uncovered that threatens to shut it down. I think FC Cincinnati should keep doing what it's doing and be like the Cyclones in Hockey. Keep seats inexpensive and continue to make it fun atmosphere. I just think if they get into the MLS and jack up ticket prices you're not going to have the same following.
Old 04-06-18, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
There is a strong support for soccer in this city. Ever since the days of SAY and when Finneytown High School won a state title decades ago there has been a huge group of youths participating in soccer that are now adults. But I do wonder that if they get into the MLS if all these people will support higher ticket prices and concessions. Also if they don't win Cincinnati is notorious for not backing a team that doesn't win.

But I wonder about the love affair with MLS. I guess it's The Soccer major leagues but that organizations has so much stink on it you just wonder how long before some financial wrong doing is uncovered that threatens to shut it down. I think FC Cincinnati should keep doing what it's doing and be like the Cyclones in Hockey. Keep seats inexpensive and continue to make it fun atmosphere. I just think if they get into the MLS and jack up ticket prices you're not going to have the same following.
Oh no, what the heck is happening. I actually agree with this and it was posted by Moe-dud.... yikes, leaving now to get my head examined...
Old 04-06-18, 09:55 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:

A friend of mine is heading to Atlanta and was hoping to see an MLS game while he was there. Cheapest ticket he could find was $70! I could be wrong but I don't see Cincinnati supporting a soccer team at those kind of prices.
Old 04-06-18, 09:58 PM
All Yappi

I doubt tickets will approach those prices for most games. Atlanta United is a special case.
Old 04-06-18, 11:17 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Not seeing this work myself. Columbus, where MLS is the only major league game can not support their team. Soccer has little media attraction due to its lack of time outs to insert paid commercials so the paid support has to come from the community. Does the West side have a group of people who can afford such ticket prices and are willing to make that sacrifice? Give it ten years tops and they will be wishing they were back in Clifton, at $10 per seat,
Old 04-06-18, 11:45 PM
All Yappi

I guess the Blue Jackets and Ohio State sports don't exist in Columbus.

The problems with the Crew mostly come down to a poor stadium location and lackluster ownership. The Hunts gave most of their attention to their team in Dallas after Lamar died, and the current owner has done the bare minimum and always intended to move the team to Austin.

The idea that soccer cannot work or is a short-lived fad sort of thing is extremely antiquated. It reads more like wishful thinking from people who fear soccer will overtake their favorite sport.
Old 04-07-18, 12:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I guess the Blue Jackets and Ohio State sports don't exist in Columbus.

The problems with the Crew mostly come down to a poor stadium location and lackluster ownership. The Hunts gave most of their attention to their team in Dallas after Lamar died, and the current owner has done the bare minimum and always intended to move the team to Austin.

The idea that soccer cannot work or is a short-lived fad sort of thing is extremely antiquated. It reads more like wishful thinking from people who fear soccer will overtake their favorite sport.
Thereís not much overlap, unless the Blue Jackets make a playoff run. Thatís why I think the Reds (potential) resurgence in a few yrs will have more impact on attendance than ticket prices. When it comes down to it, the city will always support a winning Reds team over anything else.
Old 04-07-18, 02:36 AM
All Yappi

There's overlap in the Spring and Fall with the Blue Jackets and OSU sports and in the summer with various things including the Clippers. But competition isn't really why they struggle. A new stadium and new ownership that actually cares would do wonders.

There are plenty of sports fans in the area to make both the Reds and FCC a success.
Old 04-07-18, 07:49 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
There’s not much overlap, unless the Blue Jackets make a playoff run. That’s why I think the Reds (potential) resurgence in a few yrs will have more impact on attendance than ticket prices. When it comes down to it, the city will always support a winning Reds team over anything else.
What % of time are the Reds actually good? 1 out of every 6-8 years, historically? I actually think Crusaders is right here, it's not like FCC will need to fill a 65k seat stadium. It will be more driven by the new stadium and how good management runs everything.

Last edited by WinstonSmith; 04-07-18 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-07-18, 07:51 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
For some reason soccer is very popular in Cincinnati/NKY. A MLS Club here will do very well. Of course winning will help.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: