Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-16-18, 05:33 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Raw (2016) - Very unconventional horror film. French with subtitles. One feels dread more than horror but the terror builds as the story unfolds.

6/8
Old 04-17-18, 03:08 PM
All World

Hell's Angels (1930) - One of the great WWI dogfight movies. Not as good as Wings (1927) and I have not yet seen Dawn Patrol (1930 or 1938). It is much better than the Eagle and the Hawk (1933) which I saw last month.

Hells Angels was Howard Hughes third movie but constituted his big break into the movie business decades before he went completely nuts. He spent a fortune literally filling the skies with vintage WWI planes. There were so many planes and pilots involved in doing stunts that four people died in the production of this film.

The zeppelin battle scene was spectacular and was not at all expected by me. Jean Harlow's numerous flashes of sideboob were also quite entertaining.

6/8
Old 04-19-18, 06:14 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Subspecies 4: The Awakening (Romania-1998)

Horror: I really enjoyed watching this series of movies and saddened that it is now over. Like the previous 3 the 4th takes place immediately after the last. Their is now a battle going on for the Bloodstone that is owned by Radu. Michelle finally escapes Radu's grips and is now in the care of Dr. Blood. Radu asks for Ash assistance but Ash has something else up his sleeve.... Oh, no more Radu.... say it is not so.... all of this just for your love for Michelle... 5.0/8

Thank you Radu, one of the greatest Vampires to walk the Earth....

Old 04-19-18, 06:18 PM
All Yappi

Death Curse of Tartu (1966)

Horror: Archaeologists are warned by natives not to explore the burial mounds of Tartu in the Florida Everglades. Well, we all know they go ahead and do it anyway otherwise we have no movie. This was a bad cheesy film that was enjoyable for me to watch.... so bad it's good??? Depends on your tastes.... 5.0/8
Old 04-19-18, 07:23 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Isle of Dogs (2018)- I was not excited about seeing a futuristic animated movie about dogs. The plot involves a Japanese city 20 years in the future that bans dogs and banishes them to a "trash island", and a boy who goes in search of his dog. I know that sounds awful, but it is a Wes Anderson movie and it is so quirky and well done that it is very entertaining. 6.5/8.
Old 04-23-18, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Falling Down (1993)- 6/8. Can’t decide if this is a comedy or drama. Michael Douglass was excellent in this role. Every time his character’s on screen, you feel like he could explode. Far more scary than Patrick Bateman.

Last edited by Descartes; 04-23-18 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-23-18, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

Dune (1984) ... 5.5/8
Old 04-24-18, 09:19 PM
All Yappi

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) ... 5.5/8

Did not like the first one so this was definitely an improvement.,.... still like the originals better!!!!
Old 04-25-18, 10:23 PM
All Yappi

War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) ... 2.5/8

Stupidity at its best.... No war, Stupid comedy side kick, and stupidity of certain characters (Why would you allow Caeser to live once captured when you already had the apes doing slave labor..... ) , Woody Harrelson out of place.... so out of the reboot I only liked "Dawn" .... hopefully the 4th is better.
Old 04-26-18, 01:03 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) ... 2.5/8

Stupidity at its best.... No war, Stupid comedy side kick, and stupidity of certain characters (Why would you allow Caeser to live once captured when you already had the apes doing slave labor..... ) , Woody Harrelson out of place.... so out of the reboot I only liked "Dawn" .... hopefully the 4th is better.

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-18, 05:14 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
I agreed with Vamp. Did not get the hype for that movie, beyond special effects. It was ludicrously stupid.
Old 04-27-18, 07:57 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
The Florida Project - 6/8 - Underbelly of Orlando as a white trash mom raises her daughter "Moonie" in a extended stay hotel. The actress that played the mother was spot on as was the wild kids. Willem Dafoe does a great job as usual.
Old 04-27-18, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 6/8 How did THIS get canceled? Stories were excellent. A LITTLE over the top thinking they could do all those things under the radar but giving that license, I thought it added nicely to the movie story.
Old 04-28-18, 10:33 AM
All World

West Side Story (1961) - I have seen this film at least four times before but have never experienced it as I did last night. I saw it on the big screen for the first time and did so in a spectacular venue. Cincinnati Music Hall dazzles post renovation. The Cincinnati Pops was able to isolate and remove the music track from the film while leaving the singing. With that done, the Pops provided the instrumentation live. It all sounded fresh and immediate and enhanced the vocal performance of Natalie Woods and the others. Seeing a restored version on the big screen was also awesome.

Bernstein's score never sounded better.

This film was an 8/8 before the performance of the Pops. Can I give it a 9/8 with it?
Old 04-28-18, 10:46 AM
All Yappi

Family Demons (Australia-2009)

Horror: A teen girl is kept shielded from the real world from her abusive alcoholic mother. I almost gave up on this one but it picked up and became creepy. Glad I stayed with it... 4.0/8

Like.Share.Follow. (US-2017)

Horror: A professional youtuber is stalked by a crazed girl... 4.0/8
Old 04-28-18, 09:22 PM
All Yappi

Don't Breathe (2016)

Horror: A group decides to rob a blind veteran who had recently won a civil suite but discover something else.... this one was very suspenseful but also full of mistakes. It also bugged me that while in certain scenes the blind man was unable to smell the intruders when they are basically right next to him but when it is convenient for the scene he is able. A dryer won't work after the power has been cut... lol, old rusted out camaros do not have trunk release buttons inside the car.... it goes on and on but still a very entertaining flick.... 5.0/8
Old 04-29-18, 09:28 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Infinity War - 8/8. Pretty much Citizen Kane as far as Iím concerned.
Old 04-29-18, 04:37 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Avengers: Infinity War: 7.6/8

Marvel pride's itself on trying to make every movie have a different feel or genre, well this is Marvel's Lord of the Rings movie.

The movie's look, feel, and even score is on an epic level they've never attempted before. With an extremely large cast, much like a Lord of the Rings movie, it makes sense that the large ensemble is split apart for much, and in some cases, all of the movie. There's 4 main running stories (3 with the heroes, 1 with Thanos) throughout the movie. At times, they come together, and then split or evolve.

The movie is very much told from the villain's perspective and he is given a full arc. The movie includes tons of surprises, cameos, and callbacks. And of course it is not only epic in feel, but has plenty of humor as well. You have 23 heroes, many who are meeting each other for the first time, and hilarity ensues from that.

If you're a fan of the Marvel films, you'll love it, and it's a worthy movie that has been building for the 10 years they've been building this universe.

A near perfect Marvel film, I knock it very minorly for 4 small quibbles I have that I think would have made the movie perfect.
Old 04-29-18, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Black Panther (2018)- I saw a list today that ranked this the best Marvel movie ever. Not sure that's says much about Marvel movies. All in all, it is decent. Lion King meets Roots meets Transformers. Pretty well acted yet very predictable. 6/8.
Old 04-29-18, 06:09 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Black Panther (2018)- I saw a list today that ranked this the best Marvel movie ever. Not sure that's says much about Marvel movies. All in all, it is decent. Lion King meets Roots meets Transformers. Pretty well acted yet very predictable. 6/8.

Iíve always thought Lion King meets Gladiator.

Old 04-29-18, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Avengers: Infinity War - 7.5/8
Old 04-30-18, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Truth or Dare - Bad. I watched it all the way through, so that earns it a 1/8.

Jigsaw - fell asleep near the end. Missed the likely outrageous plot twist. This franchise ran its course after the third installment. 2.5/8
Old 04-30-18, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Autopsy of Jane Doe - I liked this one. Kept me entertained throughout. 5/8
Old 04-30-18, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Patriotís Day: 4/8

Could have been very good, but itís wasted by characters dropping f bombs every 10 seconds.

Also, the movie would have been better off had Wahlberg not stuck himself in the lead role.

Old 04-30-18, 06:30 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatBomber View Post
Truth or Dare - Bad. I watched it all the way through, so that earns it a 1/8.

Jigsaw - fell asleep near the end. Missed the likely outrageous plot twist. This franchise ran its course after the third installment. 2.5/8
Ya that plot twist was pretty stupid so say the least.
Old 05-01-18, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
Patriotís Day: 4/8

Could have been very good, but itís wasted by characters dropping f bombs every 10 seconds.

Also, the movie would have been better off had Wahlberg not stuck himself in the lead role.

Never been to Boston? They can make an entire sentence out of that one word.
Old 05-01-18, 04:20 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
Avengers: Infinity War: 7.6/8

Marvel pride's itself on trying to make every movie have a different feel or genre, well this is Marvel's Lord of the Rings movie.

The movie's look, feel, and even score is on an epic level they've never attempted before. With an extremely large cast, much like a Lord of the Rings movie, it makes sense that the large ensemble is split apart for much, and in some cases, all of the movie. There's 4 main running stories (3 with the heroes, 1 with Thanos) throughout the movie. At times, they come together, and then split or evolve.

The movie is very much told from the villain's perspective and he is given a full arc. The movie includes tons of surprises, cameos, and callbacks. And of course it is not only epic in feel, but has plenty of humor as well. You have 23 heroes, many who are meeting each other for the first time, and hilarity ensues from that.

If you're a fan of the Marvel films, you'll love it, and it's a worthy movie that has been building for the 10 years they've been building this universe.

A near perfect Marvel film, I knock it very minorly for 4 small quibbles I have that I think would have made the movie perfect.
Is it true Batman dies in this movie?
Old 05-01-18, 05:15 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Is it true Batman dies in this movie?

He gets blown to hell

Old 05-02-18, 10:09 AM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Isle of Dogs (2018)- I was not excited about seeing a futuristic animated movie about dogs. The plot involves a Japanese city 20 years in the future that bans dogs and banishes them to a "trash island", and a boy who goes in search of his dog. I know that sounds awful, but it is a Wes Anderson movie and it is so quirky and well done that it is very entertaining. 6.5/8.
All Wes Anderson movies are excellent. Highly recommend Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Falling Down (1993)- 6/8. Canít decide if this is a comedy or drama. Michael Douglass was excellent in this role. Every time his characterís on screen, you feel like he could explode. Far more scary than Patrick Bateman.
I have this 1993 movie on DVD and recently showed it to my kid (early 20s), who thought it was great. Like you said, it starts out where you're laughing at the guy, maybe agreeing with him, and kind of cheering him on. Then, he turns out to be a complete psycho. Awesome movie that still stands the test of time.
Old 05-02-18, 11:10 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post
All Wes Anderson movies are excellent. Highly recommend Fantastic Mr. Fox.

I have this 1993 movie on DVD and recently showed it to my kid (early 20s), who thought it was great. Like you said, it starts out where you're laughing at the guy, maybe agreeing with him, and kind of cheering him on. Then, he turns out to be a complete psycho. Awesome movie that still stands the test of time.
He really does seem like the every day psycho who shoots up his office.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: