Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-07-18, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Rory making a move on the front side Saturday, could be a big story as he only needs a green jacket for a career grand slam.
Old 04-07-18, 03:11 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Sergio goes full Tin Cup. So awesome
Was he using a 7 iron?
Old 04-07-18, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Was he using a 7 iron?
Not sure, but in his case he put the shots in pretty much the location he desired........

He didn't fail - the groundskeeper did, dammit!!

Quote:
“I don’t know, it’s the first time in my career where I make a 13 without missing a shot,” said Garcia. "Simple as that.”
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...ot-469180.html
Old 04-07-18, 05:36 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Rory and Fowler both shoot 7 under today but Reed has just been ridiculous, at 14 under for the tourney now to maintain a decent lead
Old 04-07-18, 06:15 PM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
That Reed kid is shooting lights out. Pressure will creep tomorrow.
Old 04-07-18, 06:46 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Reed versus Rory, just like the last day at the Ryder Cup. Hoping for the same result.
Old 04-08-18, 06:01 PM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
I am good with a Reed win. Jordan made a nice comeback!
Old 04-08-18, 06:24 PM
All World

I only root for 3 golfers two of them are Bubba and Fowler.

The 3rd is Tiger but that is only after it came out he banged mass hos and did drugs. So i never rooted for him when he was good.
Old 04-08-18, 06:34 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
I am good with a Reed win. Jordan made a nice comeback!
Yeah, I liked the finish. Darn good golf for some poor weather. Tough to build a lead and keep. Kudos to Reed.
Old 04-08-18, 06:42 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Incredible finish. Spieth almost had the best single day at a major ever.
Old 04-08-18, 06:57 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Old Patrick Reed has some major stones. There were a number of times the wheels could have come off, but every time he gave one up he came back and made a clutch shot or birdie. My boy and I watched him on the practice green yesterday and he looked awfully comfortable/at ease. It sure came through today.
Old 04-09-18, 06:24 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
What a charge made by Spieth, was hoping he'd pull it off but Reed just didn't let it happen. Would have loved to see a playoff with those two and Fowler.

It's too bad Jordan's tee shot on 18 clipped those tree branches or I've a feeling he was going to birdie the hole
Old 04-09-18, 06:59 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The 3rd is Tiger but that is only after it came out he banged mass hos and did drugs. So i never rooted for him when he was good.

I don't think Tiger ever paid for a piece...
...of course he paid dearly to his ex!!!!

:>---

EGA
Old 04-09-18, 07:28 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
The 2018 PGA season finally kicks into gear with the first major of the year. Here are the odds to win for the top group:

Odds to win 2018 Masters (4/5/18)
Tiger Woods 9/1
Justin Thomas 11/1
Rory McIlroy 11/1
Dustin Johnson 23/2
Jordan Spieth 12/1
Justin Rose 14/1
Bubba Watson 15/1
Phil Mickelson 16/1
Jason Day 20/1
Jon Rahm 20/1
Rickie Fowler 20/1
Paul Casey 25/1
Sergio Garcia 28/1
Hideki Matsuyama 35/1
Alex Noren 40/1
Henrik Stenson 40/1
Patrick Reed 40/1
Tommy Fleetwood 40/1
Matt Kuchar 50/1

So Tiger plays a few decent tournaments and all of s sudden he is the betting favorite? I will say this, if Tiger is sniffing the leader board on Sunday it will draw in huge ratings.
someone out there was happy betting on Reed. Nice finish
Old 04-09-18, 07:47 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Would have loved to see a playoff with those two and Fowler.
That would have been awesome. I was cool with Reed winning, but I was pulling for Spieth and Fowler on the back nine. That was a pretty compelling final round.
Old 04-09-18, 08:01 AM
All Yappi

Not a fan of Patrick Reed, the guy is not very well liked in the golf community and the gallery was openly rooting against him for a Euro. No surprise that #1 tour D-Bag, Bubba Watson, was there to greet him at the 18th.
Old 04-09-18, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Old Patrick Reed has some major stones. There were a number of times the wheels could have come off, but every time he gave one up he came back and made a clutch shot or birdie. My boy and I watched him on the practice green yesterday and he looked awfully comfortable/at ease. It sure came through today.
There were some scathing internet articles about Reed's win being so unpopular because of some of his past transgressions. I know he attended college in Augusta and it certainly appeared that the "local boy" wasn't exactly sending the gallery into a frenzy as he came closer to claiming the green jacket. What were the local story lines down there, and was there a backlash from the patrons regarding Reed? I will say this: even Jim Nantz, who normally gushes during the final holes, was somewhat tepid in his call of the play coming down the stretch.
Old 04-09-18, 08:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
There were some scathing internet articles about Reed's win being so unpopular because of some of his past transgressions. I know he attended college in Augusta and it certainly appeared that the "local boy" wasn't exactly sending the gallery into a frenzy as he came closer to claiming the green jacket. What were the local story lines down there, and was there a backlash from the patrons regarding Reed? I will say this: even Jim Nantz, who normally gushes during the final holes, was somewhat tepid in his call of the play coming down the stretch.
There is plenty coming out now but in a nut shell:

- While in HS top golfer in Georgia for his age and went to UGA, kicked off the team for numerous transgressions.

- Transferred to Augusta State and nearly was booted off that team too by his teammates.

- Early transgressions include: Alcohol-fueled misbehavior to an arrest for underage drinking to constantly talking down to lesser teammates to alleged cheating infractions. The last one is what the PGA guys have the biggest problem with.

- Estranged from his parents under cloudy circumstances. Places his parents and sister on a no admittance list that keeps them from attending PGA events he plays in.

- Wife is a Lady Macbeth like character and has a big part in his estrangement from his family. After the Masters win she mentions how "It's everything we've been working hard for,". She was his caddie until angling to get her brother on his bag.

Finally the guy is way too emotional for some tour players and that act wears thin real quick. These are "professional" golfers and in their mind if you have a tour card you should act like one on the course.
Old 04-09-18, 09:01 AM
All World

Quote:
Not a fan of Patrick Reed, the guy is not very well liked in the golf community and the gallery was openly rooting against him for a Euro. No surprise that #1 tour D-Bag, Bubba Watson, was there to greet him at the 18th.
Bubba is the GOAT
Old 04-09-18, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:

- While in HS top golfer in Georgia for his age and went to UGA, kicked off the team for numerous transgressions.

- Transferred to Augusta State and nearly was booted off that team too by his teammates.

- Early transgressions include: Alcohol-fueled misbehavior to an arrest for underage drinking to constantly talking down to lesser teammates to alleged cheating infractions. The last one is what the PGA guys have the biggest problem with.

- Estranged from his parents under cloudy circumstances. Places his parents and sister on a no admittance list that keeps them from attending PGA events he plays in.

- Wife is a Lady Macbeth like character and has a big part in his estrangement from his family. After the Masters win she mentions how "It's everything we've been working hard for,". She was his caddie until angling to get her brother on his bag.

Finally the guy is way too emotional for some tour players and that act wears thin real quick. These are "professional" golfers and in their mind if you have a tour card you should act like one on the course.
There was also his humble post tournament interview after winning the Cadillac championship back in 2014.
Old 04-09-18, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
Auggie pretty well sums it up.
Old 04-09-18, 10:58 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
someone out there was happy betting on Reed. Nice finish
When people always say that Vegas knows...well they don't all the time. I was a little skeptical of Tiger as he's played better, but he's not won, he's not even been in the lead late in a tournament.

The big thing for Tiger is can he stay healthy enough to put in the time to iron out the inconsistencies. There are so many good young golfers out there today that it's going to be difficult to put it all together for a weekend.
Old 04-09-18, 11:04 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
When people always say that Vegas knows...well they don't all the time. I was a little skeptical of Tiger as he's played better, but he's not won, he's not even been in the lead late in a tournament.

The big thing for Tiger is can he stay healthy enough to put in the time to iron out the inconsistencies. There are so many good young golfers out there today that it's going to be difficult to put it all together for a weekend.
I dont think you understand the point of Vegas and their lines.
Old 04-09-18, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:

This!!

I don't golf, but if there is anything I can identify with in a golfers life it's working out of town, flirting with the Perkins' waitress, and taking her back to the hotel to bang the hell out of her
Old 04-09-18, 12:05 PM
All Yappi

https://deadspin.com/how-patrick-ree...ian-1682766305

Lends a lot of insight into his NCAA days. Horrible guy but I am sure glad he is on the US team when it comes to international events. Guy is a Beast when it comes to match play golf.
Old 04-09-18, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
https://deadspin.com/how-patrick-ree...ian-1682766305

Lends a lot of insight into his NCAA days. Horrible guy but I am sure glad he is on the US team when it comes to international events. Guy is a Beast when it comes to match play golf.
Maybe he's grown up a little.

In any event, the guy has made $22,088,933 on the PGA tour. That goes a long way to smoothing out one's rough edges.
Old 04-09-18, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This!!

I don't golf, but if there is anything I can identify with in a golfers life it's working out of town, flirting with the Perkins' waitress, and taking her back to the hotel to bang the hell out of her
All while under tipping said ho from the restaurant.
Old 04-09-18, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
This!!

You bang waitress skanks on the road? Sounds about right.
Old 04-09-18, 05:07 PM
All World

Quote:

I'm starting to like this guy.
Old 04-09-18, 05:30 PM
All World

Same.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: