Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-12-18, 09:17 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
The expanse is back! It premiered last night on SyFi and I'll be watching it tonight. I'll give you my review tomorrow.
Old 04-12-18, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
I'll have to track it down.

Altered Carbon has a similar game, from a science and a technology POV in story and in the effort put into the show.
Old 04-13-18, 06:31 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Excellent kickoff to season 3 for this great science fiction series. They did a nice job of establishing three separate narratives and it looks like they've further upgraded the production design & special effects. And as expected the Avasarala character steals every scene she is in.

If you haven't watched this series yet you might want to check it out. I would recommend you binge watch the first FOUR episodes of season 1 as the Expanse doesn't really get going until episodes 3 & 4.

As an aside I just finished reading book 7 in the series and can say that the story remains alive and well and in fact is getting even better as they continue to expand its scope.
Old 04-13-18, 10:37 AM
All Yappi

avasarala: not a fan of the actor but it doesn't detract much for me. Hard to imagine in what way they could have upped the game on production design and it probably won't show on my laptop but still looking forward to it. The space battles they had, what, last season? Amazing.

Agree on the need to binge season 1 as it does take awhile to get to the point.
Old 04-13-18, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Season 3, episode 1: Felt most of the scenes on the Rocinante were pretty boring and not of much use but the rest was good. Have always enjoyed seeing the political maneuvering more than the ship drama
Old 04-13-18, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

I can see that. But those slow scenes this episode did seem to have a purpose. Jim has been leader in name only, Naomi being the real person the crew followed. They did a decent job this episode of using her betrayal and Jim's recognition the desires of the crew to "make a difference" to turn him into the true leader. She said Tycho and lay low. With no consultation, he said no, they're going to try and find the daughter.

Episodic planning isn't the writers' strong suit, for sure. The season long stories are good but individual episodes dont seem to have those emotional rides. Some good lines and I think the over all story arc is made worth waiting for.

They'll occasionally do something dumb in the scenes meant to summarize to the viewer what's going on (The Sec Gen Council meeting) or to move the plot along but the protagonists, the actors, continue to be the only weak points for ME. Jim particularly but I did like Avasarala more. Supporting characters and actors, I enjoy immensely. That was a good team on the yacht.

“Hitch your tits and pucker up! It's time to peel the paint!”
Old 04-14-18, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Yeah I think the writing is fine but the actor who plays Jim makes me cringe a bit. Naomi at times as well

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: