Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-09-18, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Yeah, the Aaron thing confused me. I'm like, did I miss something?
Yeah, was he out in the woods for like a month by himself? It just didnít make sense.
Old 04-09-18, 04:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Do you stop watching your favorite sports team when they suck? I suspect that for a lot of us the Walking Dead is a bit like that. We got hooked during the first couple of seasons which were fantastic then have watched in dismay as the show has slowly but steadily declined.

Fast forward a few seasons and you have other like minded folks gathering on Yappi to complain about the show. Sort of like all those talk radio shows where people call in and complain about the Reds, Bengals, Browns, etc.
When a show is perceived to decline, it almost never recovers. At least in sports, thereís some hope of things cycling back around, even if it takes 30 yrs.
Old 04-09-18, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
When a show is perceived to decline, it almost never recovers. At least in sports, there’s some hope of things cycling back around, even if it takes 30 yrs.
True, and I'm sure a whole bunch of Browns & Bengals fans are waiting patiently for that day. On the other hand spending an hour once/week for a couple of months watching the WD is a much smaller commitment then I make for any of the sports teams I follow. And at least I don't feel compelled to purchase overpriced fan gear and wear it while watching the WD on Sunday night!
Old 04-09-18, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
When a show is perceived to decline, it almost never recovers. At least in sports, thereís some hope of things cycling back around, even if it takes 30 yrs.
I would also note Descartes that Fear the Walking Dead actually did improve after season one. I was very close to giving it up after it's first season but the shows 3rd season was actually quite good and better then any WD season since at least season 3.

As an aside it will be interesting to see how adding Morgan impacts Fear. I can see it going either one of two ways: improving the show even further or ruining it.
Old 04-10-18, 08:57 AM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
I did somewhat enjoy the episode as Negan knew Dwight would rat Simon out, only to have the tables turned on Dwight later in the episode when Laura spilled the beans on him. That was pretty well done. But the one on one fight? Please. Why would Negan allow that? Simon would have worked Negan's skinny arse over. I'd have preferred another bludgeoning with Lucille.

What was not well done was the Aaron scene trying to get the Oceanside ladies to fight on their behalf. Now that we know Negan is luring Rick and company into a trap, the Oceanside girls and Aaron will arrive at the last minute to save the group, or at the very least play a key role in taking down Negan and the saviors.

Will Eugene seek to earn redemption from Rick and company?
Old 04-10-18, 11:15 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Would be interesting to see Oceanside save the day and then see an opportunity to take control of Hilltop from Rickís group.

Sort of a double cross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-18, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I would also note Descartes that Fear the Walking Dead actually did improve after season one. I was very close to giving it up after it's first season but the shows 3rd season was actually quite good and better then any WD season since at least season 3.

As an aside it will be interesting to see how adding Morgan impacts Fear. I can see it going either one of two ways: improving the show even further or ruining it.
Big difference from starting out slow and getting better vs declining after a succesful run.
Old 04-10-18, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Big difference from starting out slow and getting better vs declining after a succesful run.
Agreed but that's why I'm hooked on the WD - it started our great and has been in slow decline ever since.
Old 04-10-18, 02:52 PM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
...just thinking out loud here, but could Eugene possibly be plotting an end to the Savior's by giving them defective amo? Just the way he chose his words to say to the people making the amo as well as that garbage that Gabriel had already made, makes me think that Neegan's plan to end Rick's crew may literally "blow up in his face"
Old 04-10-18, 03:30 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
What was not well done was the Aaron scene trying to get the Oceanside ladies to fight on their behalf. Now that we know Negan is luring Rick and company into a trap, the Oceanside girls and Aaron will arrive at the last minute to save the group, or at the very least play a key role in taking down Negan and the saviors.
I tell you, they are going to hold him as a sex slave in order to revitalize their community and add to the re-population of the planet. He won't like it but he is going to see a lot of "lady parts."
Old 04-11-18, 06:31 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Gimple:

Also, this episode isnít just like these 15 episodes coming to a conclusion, but Angela and myself and the writers had always talked about this in many ways being sort of the conclusion of the first eight seasons. This show will be very much a new show next year and with a bigger, new narrative. It was something I was really excited about getting into even before season 8. And so there was just a certain weight in the air of the kind of conclusion that we were getting closer to. It was a weird graduation for everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-18, 04:54 AM
All World

Great series finally. I know that it is just a season finally, but they have done all there is to be done and have said all that there needs to be said.

As far as "Fear" is concerned, I liked the cowboy, although the "searching for the girl with the ivory handled colt" theme seems a little overboard.
Old 04-16-18, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Great series finally. I know that it is just a season finally, but they have done all there is to be done and have said all that there needs to be said.

As far as "Fear" is concerned, I liked the cowboy, although the "searching for the girl with the ivory handled colt" theme seems a little overboard.
I thought last nights final had some good moments but again the battle scenes were ineptly handled and goofy. What should have been a narrative building towards a slam bang climax sort of limped along with one unlikely event after another occurring before the whole thing just petered out.

But having said that I think the WD now has an excellent opportunity to relaunch the series as an exploration of what has happened to the world beyond Georgia & Virginia (NYC must be an interesting place) story. With a more "peaceful" group of communities cooperating with one another it now makes sense for them to push out beyond their region. Journey's across a post apocalyptic world usually make for good drama.
Old 04-16-18, 10:42 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But having said that I think the WD now has an excellent opportunity to relaunch the series as an exploration of what has happened to the world beyond Georgia & Virginia (NYC must be an interesting place) story. With a more "peaceful" group of communities cooperating with one another it now makes sense for them to push out beyond their region. Journey's across a post apocalyptic world usually make for good drama.
I wonder if this change in direction is too little too late. They could/should have compressed the past 2, 2.5 or 3 seasons into 1 season and then moved on to a new phase. Perhaps they wouldn't have lost so much of the show's audience.
Old 04-16-18, 11:18 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The way they portray Rick and his group is that they are the most "successful" of all the groups that are alive in this post-apoptotic world. That has always bothered me about the show because I know there would be people that were far more intelligent in their building their communities.

I'm hoping the helicopter people "kidnap" a couple of Rick's group to their hidden community and we see them thriving in a modern environment. The show could go in multiple directions at that point as they could begin searching for this "oasis."
Old 04-16-18, 12:31 PM
All World

The way it is presented, Rick verses Negan represents the Greek city-states (republics) against Eastern despotism. There is a nod to feudalism with the Kingdom. So, it looks like they are coming out of the Dark Ages into the High Middle Ages. I would love to see the Church (I know that I am Catholicentrist) as the depository of ancient knowledge as it was during the Dark Ages and which allowed the Renaissance. As long as a few priests survived on each continent there would be a universal Church and as there are cloistered communities throughout the world, there is bound to be some that are relatively unscathed.

Whatever the state of the Vatican there would be a Pope and he would be trying to tie together his far flung flock. This did happen once before when a third of Europe died off, including at least one pope, but the Church survived, although imperfectly causing the Reformation.

Lets have a Cardinal in Baltimore (North America's first diocese) and a hand full of monasteries reviving the Church and disseminating early knowledge. That would be better than some new-age chicks in a minivan.

This is how the world went in "A Canticle for Leibowitz".
Old 04-16-18, 02:18 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
The way they portray Rick and his group is that they are the most "successful" of all the groups that are alive in this post-apoptotic world. That has always bothered me about the show because I know there would be people that were far more intelligent in their building their communities.

I'm hoping the helicopter people "kidnap" a couple of Rick's group to their hidden community and we see them thriving in a modern environment. The show could go in multiple directions at that point as they could begin searching for this "oasis."
The show is still such a great premise but I agree. They have never really "grown" as a group like you would actually see. Not to mention people would bond more together than against IMO.

The chopper is what Gimple was talking about when he said a new larger world. We will open another door next season and see a MUCH bigger world which I am fine with but they really need to pick up the pace towards an end. The introduction of yet another "bad" group would just kill it for me.

This was the first season I quit watching. Since the weather was so poor yesterday I just binge watched (kinda) as I did all my indoor chores. I used to be glued to the TV for this show.
Old 04-16-18, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

In the comic, there is another villain after Negan and the saviors and I think a part of the finale last night may have alluded to and possibly even introduced said villain. Not sure of course, but entirely possible. Now, earlier this season they introduced the lady with the plans for a better future, who is also in the comic but well after the next villain. I wonder if she has anything to do with the chopper. Gimple has moved to Fear to become the showrunner there, so I expect that show to take a dive, perhaps the new show runner can build off of what i thought was a decent finale and spin the show in a new direction. We will see.
Old 04-16-18, 06:24 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I thought it was a decent finale. Now they can go in whatever direction they want.

Question about Fear. I don't get the chronology between the two shows. Wasn't Fear about 3 years behind in real time since the zombies appeared? How is it they caught up to the Walking Dead? Are they just jumping ahead a few years.?

Also its always bothered me that all the Dead (almost) are 20-30 something (usually white) Where are all the dead elderly and kids ?
Old 04-16-18, 06:55 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Question about Fear. I don't get the chronology between the two shows. Wasn't Fear about 3 years behind in real time since the zombies appeared? How is it they caught up to the Walking Dead? Are they just jumping ahead a few years.?
Agreed. I haven't watched the episode yet. If it takes him a couple years to cross the continent, then the timing could be right. But in The Walking Dead universe, it probably would only take him a few weeks to make this trek.
Old 04-16-18, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Ignoring the changes in age for the actors the play Carl and Judith, the generally accepted timeline for The Walking Dead is that the events in season 8 are only 4-6 months since the death of Hershel/leaving the prison. It's been about 20 months since the initial outbreak.

It's explained in detail here: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Th..._Show_Timeline

Important events are highlighted in this recent Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingd...RH&sh=d95cd4e0

The events in the season 4 premiere of Fear The Walking Dead were 2 years after the end of season 3 of FTWD.
Old 04-16-18, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

I expect season 9 to pick up a couple years after the events of season 8. I also expect the shows to merge at some point. Now, if Morgan takes a year or so to get wherever they are now, it is conceivable the fear crew makes their way east and joins the new civilization Rick and crew build. As friend or foe, remains to be seen. There are rumors abound.
Old 04-17-18, 09:02 AM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
...I still don't trust any of Neegan's crew that surrendered to the Hilltop, especially the one woman who outed Dwight!

Lots of loose ends going into next season with Maggie & Jesus vs Rick and Michonne! The "Whisperers!, and can we finally kill off Gabriel.......PLEASE!
Old 04-17-18, 01:09 PM
All World

They need to pick up the pace. GOT figured this out a season or two ago. Pick up the pace and work towards and end game.
Old 04-18-18, 09:46 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cards View Post
...just thinking out loud here, but could Eugene possibly be plotting an end to the Savior's by giving them defective amo? Just the way he chose his words to say to the people making the amo as well as that garbage that Gabriel had already made, makes me think that Neegan's plan to end Rick's crew may literally "blow up in his face"
Good call cards
Old 04-23-18, 10:36 AM
All World

Still hate Madison but I'm giving FTWD a second chance. Caught up yesterday on AMC and like where they are at.

The last TWD episode was salvageable but it is getting old that episode 1, mid season finale, and season finale are worth anything and the rest is fill.
Old 04-24-18, 08:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Still hate Madison but I'm giving FTWD a second chance. Caught up yesterday on AMC and like where they are at.

The last TWD episode was salvageable but it is getting old that episode 1, mid season finale, and season finale are worth anything and the rest is fill.
I thought last years FTWD season that focused on the survivalists compound was better then any season on the WD over the last 4 years.

The good news is that so far, this season is starting off strong and even Madison isn't as bad as she was in season 1. As an aside I always thought the ultimate punishment for Negan would be to have to marry Madison - now that would have been hell on earth.
Old 04-24-18, 08:29 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
44 pages for such a mediocre show is quite impressive.
Old 04-24-18, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
I still want Madison dead as well as her daughter. I am getting tired of the "fear of the living" direction that once again looks to be the direction of the show. Is this new bike riding guy going to be the "Negan" of this show and oh please help me if Morgan once opens his mouth up about Carl.....

That said, Fear has gotten better.... too bad one of those walkers couldn't have gotten a bite on Madison last week....
Old 04-24-18, 03:57 PM
All World

Quote:
As an aside I always thought the ultimate punishment for Negan would be to have to marry Madison - now that would have been hell on earth.
I would never wish that upon Negan.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: