Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-29-18, 06:02 PM
111411's Avatar
111411 111411 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-01-05
Location: Grandpaville
Posts: 18,154
111411 is on a distinguished road
Recreational Golf 2018

I'm surprised, even with wishful thinking, that this thread hasn't been started.

I'm pretty sure we were golfing last March, but it doesn't look like things will clear up until at least the second weekend in April.

I went to a covered driving range today with a friend and hit 75-80 balls, and will probably pay for it tomorrow. I have joined Sleepy Hollow again and will be be playing multiple rounds with my cousin, and once summer begins, I will more than likely be out every day.

I will also be playing with a Tuesday traveling group and will be playing with one son, using his ESPN pass. We will be playing Shale Creek, The Quarry, Little Mountain, Fowlers Mill, and Raintree.

Of course there will be several rounds with Myron!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-29-18, 06:13 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,040
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
I'm surprised, even with wishful thinking, that this thread hasn't been started.

I'm pretty sure we were golfing last March, but it doesn't look like things will clear up until at least the second weekend in April.

I went to a covered driving range today with a friend and hit 75-80 balls, and will probably pay for it tomorrow. I have joined Sleepy Hollow again and will be be playing multiple rounds with my cousin, and once summer begins, I will more than likely be out every day.

I will also be playing with a Tuesday traveling group and will be playing with one son, using his ESPN pass. We will be playing Shale Creek, The Quarry, Little Mountain, Fowlers Mill, and Raintree.

Of course there will be several rounds with Myron!
You and Myron need to get back to Portage County to find that "special" deal on ProV1's!

Headed to Hilton Head and the Masters (Wednesday) next week. Hope to get some swings in down there.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-18, 09:26 PM
111411's Avatar
111411 111411 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-01-05
Location: Grandpaville
Posts: 18,154
111411 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
You and Myron need to get back to Portage County to find that "special" deal on ProV1's!
Unfortunately, the Kent State course is closed. We will hit several courses in the Summit/Portage/Medina area, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Headed to Hilton Head and the Masters (Wednesday) next week. Hope to get some swings in down there.
I want to be you next week.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-18, 05:29 AM
INDIANS_RULE INDIANS_RULE is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-07-01
Location: Piqua
Posts: 6,745
INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
I have been kinda lookin for this thread also. I have been really depressed seeing it pop up on my FB news feed that I have played on this day last year. I haven't even changed the grips on my clubs yet this year (hoping to get it done this weekend) and get my bag ready.

I will be buying a membership to my local course and play 9 holes a few times a week. I also am playing in the MGA again this year. The weather has finally gotten warmer, but now it won't stop raining. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-14-18, 06:33 PM
INDIANS_RULE INDIANS_RULE is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-07-01
Location: Piqua
Posts: 6,745
INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
Well my first two times out have been a disaster. I have only played 9 holes twice, but I can't make contact with my irons to save my life right now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-14-18, 07:30 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,897
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Played an outing today. Felt good to be back on the course.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-18, 09:04 PM
4cards 4cards is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-20-11
Location: The Yo!
Posts: 1,809
4cards will become famous soon enough
...I looked at my clubs in the basement today!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-15-18, 10:34 AM
111411's Avatar
111411 111411 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-01-05
Location: Grandpaville
Posts: 18,154
111411 is on a distinguished road
I was finally able to get out yesterday morning. I started off the year right, with a scramble birdie on the first hole. I guess it's all downhill after that.

Of course rain is the victor today.

Here's to a dry and decent upcoming weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-15-18, 04:41 PM
4cards 4cards is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-20-11
Location: The Yo!
Posts: 1,809
4cards will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
I was finally able to get out yesterday morning. I started off the year right, with a scramble birdie on the first hole. I guess it's all downhill after that.

Of course rain is the victor today.

Here's to a dry and decent upcoming weekend.
...1’s, shoot me a text if you and Joe are going to play next weekend
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-16-18, 04:07 PM
111411's Avatar
111411 111411 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-01-05
Location: Grandpaville
Posts: 18,154
111411 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cards View Post
...1ís, shoot me a text if you and Joe are going to play next weekend
Will do.

The tentative plan is to get out both or one of the days.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Canton McKinley Bulldogs Football Season IUDOGS Football 258 04-24-18 07:11 AM
2018 will be final Bridgestone golf tournament in Akron Yappi General Board 7 04-12-18 09:28 AM
Prep Hoops Ohio (Rankings) Krasula24 Boys Basketball 3 02-01-18 08:54 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
2017 Recreational Golf thread Myron General Board 145 10-23-17 12:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz