Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-11-18, 08:45 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
One possibility is that the Daily News contracted out with a marketing company, who came up with this strategy and sent out the mailing with the full approval of the newspaper. Anything to put butts in the seats - or, in this case, to put a finger on the phone dial.

Like D4Fan's example, they will always increase their odds of sale if they can just get you to want to call them, instead of them calling you.

Illegal? Iffy. Deceptive? Yes - as are many accepted legitimate advertisements today.

Speaking of which, I watched a few YT vids last night by some hilarious "Russian Hack" guy, doing some independent testing of "the amazing Flex-seal", both the tape and the goop. Result - the products did not stop the leaks, although it did slow them up quite a bit. You don't suppose Phil Swift has been less than truthful with us all this time?
Old 04-12-18, 06:52 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
It's quit apparent you aren't a lawyer based on you noting two examples that are actually against the law. Honestly some of the only "notes" that are constantly prosecuted.
Still waiting for examples Brian.
Old 04-12-18, 07:02 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
I still have the letter though I did rip it in half. I have no cell but I do have a digital camera that does not work that good but could take a picture of it.
Can you draw a picture of it?
Old 04-12-18, 07:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Should of wiped your with it and attached a letter saying you were charging them for your fecal matter on the letter as well as the envelope.

Then end it with:

Warm Regards.
Vamp
That would have been so epic!
Old 04-12-18, 07:13 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
DDN is relentless. I went to Kroger the other day and they had a booth set up right when you walk in and out of the store. There’s no avoiding it. Well I don’t make eye contact just like I don’t do at malls when they pester me. Well they said “hi sir” blah blah blah and I continued to walk ignoring then. The guy, who was probably in his 70s or even 80s followed me into the store and kept telling me how he can offer me this and that. I finally lost it. I had my daughter with me and I was buying a thermostat for her because she was running a fever. I was in a hurry. I told him off in front of like 10 ppl and continued with my shopping. On the way out, another guy proceeded to do the same. I told him to F off.
Old 04-12-18, 07:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
DDN is relentless. I went to Kroger the other day and they had a booth set up right when you walk in and out of the store. There’s no avoiding it. Well I don’t make eye contact just like I don’t do at malls when they pester me. Well they said “hi sir” blah blah blah and I continued to walk ignoring then. The guy, who was probably in his 70s or even 80s followed me into the store and kept telling me how he can offer me this and that. I finally lost it. I had my daughter with me and I was buying a thermostat for her because she was running a fever. I was in a hurry. I told him off in front of like 10 ppl and continued with my shopping. On the way out, another guy proceeded to do the same. I told him to F off.
I hope you have an rfid blocking wallet, otherwise you’re a new subscriber.
Old 04-12-18, 11:20 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
lmao
Old 04-12-18, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Still waiting for examples Brian.
Threatening to beat people up certainly can be a crime. Do you seriously think you can legitimately intimidate and threaten physicial harm to others?
Old 04-12-18, 02:49 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Threatening to beat people up certainly can be a crime. Do you seriously think you can legitimately intimidate and threaten physicial harm to others?
You need more than a statement, otherwise we would all be in jail. How many times have similar things been said on here and other than a possible suspension from the board, I have not heard of anyone being arrested. Heck, P-Boy has threatened and been threatened many times on hear.
Old 04-12-18, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
LOL. That would be sweet if you could install a thermostat on a sick kid running a fever.

I've encountered the same thing at Kroger. I just usually leave them in the dust. Never had one stalk me too far past their little booth though.

Hope your kid is feeling better.
Old 04-12-18, 03:36 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
LOL. That would be sweet if you could install a thermostat on a sick kid running a fever.
I didn't have the heart to call that out but it brought a smile. Maybe a first child.
Old 04-12-18, 03:45 PM
All World

You smart guys know what I meant.
Old 04-12-18, 03:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post

I've encountered the same thing at Kroger. I just usually leave them in the dust. Never had one stalk me too far past their little booth though.

Hope your kid is feeling better.
Thanks I appreciate it. She's all good now.
Old 04-12-18, 05:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
You need more than a statement, otherwise we would all be in jail. How many times have similar things been said on here and other than a possible suspension from the board, I have not heard of anyone being arrested. Heck, P-Boy has threatened and been threatened many times on hear.
Well, obviously it depends on context, but you might not need more than a statement.
Old 04-12-18, 06:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Well, obviously it depends on context, but you might not need more than a statement.
Context is more than a statement but I think we agree and are just talking around the point.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: