Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
T-M by 17+ 31 40.79%
T-M by 8-16 23 30.26%
T-M by 1-7 4 5.26%
Tri-Valley by 1-7 15 19.74%
Tri-Valley by 8-16 2 2.63%
Tri-Valley by 17+ 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 12-04-17, 03:30 PM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 11,824
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thought-i-told-u View Post
VT didnt finish 15-0. And why is this a debate, TM beat PC THIS YR at their house. And PC didnt "work" TM when they had the chance......oh wait, if PC played them NOW.....hilarious. Congrats PC on your State Title, great season.
Sorry, not a PC fan...just someone who can look at 2 teams without bias and see which one was better.

You almost lost to a bunch of farmers, and you’re the best in the state? Sure thing, sport...hit me up with a T-shirt once you get them made.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 12-04-17, 03:54 PM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,771
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood/Tri Valley

[QUOTE=dresden2canton;6933888]Great game tonight and congrats to a phenomenal Trotwood team. So much talent and speed on this team, I feel the best team in the state of Ohio this year.
A couple on here, like the old boy I commented in the above quote a week ago, spoke of a rolling clock and called for a 25+ point blowout..... you were properly educated tonight about this great game of high school football. Those who made those predictions looked at this Trotwood team with all their amazing talent and severely underestimated the "heart" element on the TV side.

What a great game and great atmosphere to be a part of. The community of Dresden and the entire Zanesville area came out so strong to support last night....it was truly impressive to see.




Hats off to your kids they played an all heart game for sure. Congrats on a good season
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 12-04-17, 05:50 PM
19AL63 19AL63 is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 1,464
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I thought I would write about a disappointment I saw at the game for div III game. I only got to watch the three games on Sat so I can only speak on those three games. I snuck a peek at the the teams during the National Anthem and all were standing looking toward the flag. On one team I saw two players with their fist in the air. Such a great weekend and I wondered if you ask the players why they felt they had to disrespect the flag and the country what their answer would be.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 12-04-17, 06:36 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,419
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
If teams were judged by what happened in the first month of the season, Canton McKinley would be D1 state champs. It doesn't work that way.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 12-04-17, 06:42 PM
rip_JackTatum rip_JackTatum is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,451
rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
If teams were judged by what happened in the first month of the season, Canton McKinley would be D1 state champs. It doesn't work that way.
How many eventual state champions did Canton McKinley beat this season ?
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 12-05-17, 07:57 AM
thought-i-told-u thought-i-told-u is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-22-10
Posts: 766
thought-i-told-u is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Sorry, not a PC fan...just someone who can look at 2 teams without bias and see which one was better.

You almost lost to a bunch of farmers, and you’re the best in the state? Sure thing, sport...hit me up with a T-shirt once you get them made.
They ALMOST lost to a VERY good team (just ask MF , St V and Hartley), but they didnt. Dont need bias to figure out which team was better, they played, it was decided on the field. If you want a shirt, im sure TW has a website, they would love your support
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 12-05-17, 08:27 AM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 11,824
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thought-i-told-u View Post
They ALMOST lost to a VERY good team (just ask MF , St V and Hartley), but they didnt. Dont need bias to figure out which team was better, they played, it was decided on the field. If you want a shirt, im sure TW has a website, they would love your support
Okay.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 12-05-17, 09:36 AM
longtime1sttime longtime1sttime is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-11-03
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 8,704
longtime1sttime
"Support fueled Scotties during playoff run"
http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.c...run/916746001/
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 12-05-17, 10:24 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 869
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I thought I would write about a disappointment I saw at the game for div III game. I only got to watch the three games on Sat so I can only speak on those three games. I snuck a peek at the the teams during the National Anthem and all were standing looking toward the flag. On one team I saw two players with their fist in the air. Such a great weekend and I wondered if you ask the players why they felt they had to disrespect the flag and the country what their answer would be.
You feel it's disrespect, others feel something else. That is what makes America great! Stop trolling. Back to the game.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 12-05-17, 10:43 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,419
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I don't think some of the TM faithful realize is that many fans' sole exposure to this year's Rams team was the championship game, a game where the Rams set a record for penalties in a state championship game and at times looked discombobulated. While that's not the true state of a team that went undefeated, it is nonetheless the only light in which they are viewed by many.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 12-05-17, 10:47 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 869
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Sorry, not a PC fan...just someone who can look at 2 teams without bias and see which one was better.

You almost lost to a bunch of farmers, and you’re the best in the state? Sure thing, sport...hit me up with a T-shirt once you get them made.
Those farmers would have probably beat your team.. Anyway. It's silly to compare teams as the season is now over and both teams have state championships. The head to head, we know who won and that fact should say a lot about that Trotwood program. A whole lot. Me personally, I think the best team in the state resides in DIV 2. Whether you like it or not, they kick a--. I think they beat Twood and Pick Central. But hey only in your dreams.

Tri-valley played a great game. Momentum can take you a long way. Trotwood did not play their best game and Tri-valley and those refs had a lot to do with that. Both ways. I think If the Scotties play their best game and the Rams play theirs and there was a good crew out there. Rams win by 3 TD's. But that is not how it works! A lot of other factors go into this world of 15-18 year olds. That crowd and the emotion that team was rolling with?? They would have played Pick Central just as tough:stirthepot...

Anyway the Rams deserve the ship. 15-0, great season great group of kids and one of the best HS football players I have ever seen in Hargrove. He was a joy to watch!
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 12-05-17, 10:48 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,771
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
See

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I thought I would write about a disappointment I saw at the game for div III game. I only got to watch the three games on Sat so I can only speak on those three games. I snuck a peek at the the teams during the National Anthem and all were standing looking toward the flag. On one team I saw two players with their fist in the air. Such a great weekend and I wondered if you ask the players why they felt they had to disrespect the flag and the country what their answer would be.
It is not disrespectful in any way, shape, or form to peacefully protest during the anthem. Those are actually constitutional rights given to every American by the sacrifice of a our men and women in our great military. What is disrespectful and totalitarian if you will, is when someone tries impose on that constitutional right. So I have a question for you since we are going there. Do you feel the same outrage when people fly the one and only symbol of historically documented treason against this nation? After all we do call treason in this country anyone who takes up arms to overthrow the union. Yet for some reason we can't seem to get as outraged about flying that very flag as we do when someone exercises their constitutional right. Why do people disrespect this country and our flag like that? And then falsely label it Heritage. Especially in Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 12-05-17, 10:55 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 869
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I don't think some of the TM faithful realize is that many fans' sole exposure to this year's Rams team was the championship game, a game where the Rams set a record for penalties in a state championship game and at times looked discombobulated. While that's not the true state of a team that went undefeated, it is nonetheless the only light in which they are viewed by many.
I agree with you and you make a very sound point. But think of the pressure on those kids?? Especially after that but whoppin they took last year. Nerves played a part big time. Kids and Coaches. But that is what makes HS football great!! Rams were 1-5 in title games. Trying to get to 15-0! That makes for a lot of pressure. Plus those refs were pretty bad. I would take 5 or 6 of those penalties away just because. Plus the Scotties had 9 or 10 too, it was obviously a bad crew trying to get control of something that really was not out of control. Again if the Ram team that played TCC or PC or Wayne showed up the game would have been different. But again, Friday night lights on the biggest stage??? Regardless it worked out.

Oh, yeah something that has just been overlooked with all this other goofy stuff...The field position game. Undisciplined teams don't play FP as well as TWood did Friday night. The QB and the punter for Twood were unheralded weapons.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 12-05-17, 11:01 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,419
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
I agree with you and you make a very sound point. But think of the pressure on those kids?? Especially after that but whoppin they took last year. Nerves played a part big time. Kids and Coaches. But that is what makes HS football great!! Rams were 1-5 in title games. Trying to get to 15-0! That makes for a lot of pressure. Plus those refs were pretty bad. I would take 5 or 6 of those penalties away just because. Plus the Scotties had 9 or 10 too, it was obviously a bad crew trying to get control of something that really was not out of control. Again if the Ram team that played TCC or PC or Wayne showed up the game would have been different. But again, Friday night lights on the biggest stage??? Regardless it worked out.

Oh, yeah something that has just been overlooked with all this other goofy stuff...The field position game. Undisciplined teams don't play FP as well as TWood did Friday night. The QB and the punter for Twood were unheralded weapons.
Good call. I think you are correct that the prior state championship record may have put pressure on the kids. It's also unfortunately used by some in their assessment of this year's team.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 12-05-17, 01:00 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,763
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood at their best this year would have beaten pretty much, if not all the teams in the state. I saw them at their best 3 times this season, and they were all games in which they purely dominated.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 12-05-17, 01:07 PM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,722
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I thought I would write about a disappointment I saw at the game for div III game. I only got to watch the three games on Sat so I can only speak on those three games. I snuck a peek at the the teams during the National Anthem and all were standing looking toward the flag. On one team I saw two players with their fist in the air. Such a great weekend and I wondered if you ask the players why they felt they had to disrespect the flag and the country what their answer would be.
Funny, during the anthem, I thought I would not look at the flag but look around in the stands to see if I could find someone prejudice looking down on the field so they could spew they're prejudicial views or hate about someone beliefs. I thought that was you I saw. I wondered,[I] "why is he really hear?" [I]It's such a great weekend for football why does he feel he's right and we should all think like him?" Doesn't he know this is America?
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 12-05-17, 01:16 PM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,722
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I don't think some of the TM faithful realize is that many fans' sole exposure to this year's Rams team was the championship game, a game where the Rams set a record for penalties in a state championship game and at times looked discombobulated. While that's not the true state of a team that went undefeated, it is nonetheless the only light in which they are viewed by many.
Who cares? This is irrelevant. They still won in spite of it that tells you how good they are. If you know anything about sports sometimes you don't have to be sharp to win the other 14 wins clearly shows that.

Tom Brady yells at coaches but has multiple Superbowl rings.
See how irrelevant that is to this,,,,,
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 12-05-17, 01:48 PM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 11,824
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Trotwood at their best this year would have beaten pretty much, if not all the teams in the state.
So would Hoban.
So would Ed.
So would PC.
So would Colerain.
So would X.
So would Iggy.
So would LaSalle.
So would Winton Woods.
So would Mentor.

You get the idea.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 12-05-17, 02:32 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,763
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
So would Hoban.
So would Ed.
So would PC.
So would Colerain.
So would X.
So would Iggy.
So would LaSalle.
So would Winton Woods.
So would Mentor.

You get the idea.
Yes, and you can already check 1 off that list.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 12-05-17, 02:56 PM
sportsprophet sportsprophet is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Posts: 3,158
sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thought-i-told-u View Post
Dont need bias to figure out which team was better, they played, it was decided on the field. If you want a shirt, im sure TW has a website, they would love your support
There is no debating this fact, fish doesn't want anybody to acknowledge facts....little trump
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 12-05-17, 03:01 PM
sportsprophet sportsprophet is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Posts: 3,158
sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I don't think some of the TM faithful realize is that many fans' sole exposure to this year's Rams team was the championship game, a game where the Rams set a record for penalties in a state championship game and at times looked discombobulated. While that's not the true state of a team that went undefeated, it is nonetheless the only light in which they are viewed by many.
and they still won
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 12-05-17, 03:02 PM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Secure
Posts: 11,824
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
There is no debating this fact, fish doesn't want anybody to acknowledge facts....little trump
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 12-05-17, 03:51 PM
just me being me just me being me is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 19
just me being me is on a distinguished road
MaxPreps has Trotwood rated higher than any Ohio school. Congrats Trotwood on a great season and look forward to another next year.

Last edited by just me being me; 12-05-17 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 12-05-17, 05:20 PM
just me being me just me being me is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-15-16
Posts: 19
just me being me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just me being me View Post
MaxPreps has Trotwood rated higher than any Ohio school. Congrats Trotwood on a great season and look forward to another next year.
I missed Hoban at 6 and Trotwood at 19th in the country.
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 12-05-17, 05:33 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,419
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Who cares? This is irrelevant. They still won in spite of it that tells you how good they are. If you know anything about sports sometimes you don't have to be sharp to win the other 14 wins clearly shows that.

Tom Brady yells at coaches but has multiple Superbowl rings.
See how irrelevant that is to this,,,,,
That was my point- that TM is being unfairly judged by many based upon one game.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 12-06-17, 07:45 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 869
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
That was my point- that TM is being unfairly judged by many based upon one game.
Your right and at this point it does not matter. People are going to say what they are going to say and feel how they are going to feel. Trotwood a DIII school with hundreds, maybe a 1000 less boys went to the home stadium and beat the DI State Champion soundly. They were more physical, faster and better coached that night. Does that mean that would happen on a cool night the first week of December?? We will never know because Trotwood is DIII and PC is DI. But for a small school to handle a team like that. They need to be respected as one of if not the best team in the state. But that just won't happen because of the many bias that people have about a community like Trotwood. On and off the field. But this ain't the time or the place.......

Great season Rams! 15-0 State Champs! Da hell with the non-believers!
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 12-06-17, 07:55 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 869
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just me being me View Post
I missed Hoban at 6 and Trotwood at 19th in the country.
Hoban is the best team in the state regardless of Division. I think they beat PC soundly and Trotwood soundly. Winton Woods is a heck of a football team. Hoban handled them. Their ability to load up with depth and skill is reminiscent of the larger Catholics the past 20 or so years. They are the new private juggernaut. OHSAA should seriously considered moving them up to DI but I think there is a provision in competitive balance that prevents a team from moving up more than 1 division. Otherwise I believe they would have been playing for and winning the big school title last weekend.

Trotwood is #2
Winton Woods is number #3
PC #4
Mentor #5

I will stop right there..
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 12-06-17, 08:08 AM
1disciple 1disciple is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 4,913
1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Hoban is the best team in the state regardless of Division. I think they beat PC soundly and Trotwood soundly. Winton Woods is a heck of a football team. Hoban handled them. Their ability to load up with depth and skill is reminiscent of the larger Catholics the past 20 or so years. They are the new private juggernaut. OHSAA should seriously considered moving them up to DI but I think there is a provision in competitive balance that prevents a team from moving up more than 1 division. Otherwise I believe they would have been playing for and winning the big school title last weekend.

Trotwood is #2
Winton Woods is number #3
PC #4
Mentor #5

I will stop right there..
I beg to differ. You have to look at the path to the title game. Pickerington Central and Mentor's paths were a lot more difficult than Hoban's. Do you honestly believe that Hoban could have made it through St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, and Olentangy Liberty? I think they would have won the opening game and fell to St. Eds.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 12-06-17, 08:17 AM
member1 member1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-19-05
Posts: 869
member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I beg to differ. You have to look at the path to the title game. Pickerington Central and Mentor's paths were a lot more difficult than Hoban's. Do you honestly believe that Hoban could have made it through St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, and Olentangy Liberty? I think they would have won the opening game and fell to St. Eds.
Hoban beats all those teams. They are a different animal right now. Do not let that Northeast Ohio bias fool you. Hoban is the best team in the state.

Winton Woods beats all those teams this year. look at their schedule. They were beat soundly by Hoban. Best team and program in the state right now. What I saw this year and last year....Period.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 12-06-17, 09:25 AM
The Final Say The Final Say is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: The Lengendary Ram Nation
Posts: 2,771
The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Hoban

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Hoban beats all those teams. They are a different animal right now. Do not let that Northeast Ohio bias fool you. Hoban is the best team in the state.

Winton Woods beats all those teams this year. look at their schedule. They were beat soundly by Hoban. Best team and program in the state right now. What I saw this year and last year....Period.
Lost to St Eds in the season didn't they? I would have to say that Hoban, the three time defending champ, would have to be the best in the state. Rightfully so they came in at #6 in the Maxpreps final ranking. Trotwood at #19 and PC at #21.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 9 09-03-17 05:38 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz