Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
T-M by 17+ 31 40.79%
T-M by 8-16 23 30.26%
T-M by 1-7 4 5.26%
Tri-Valley by 1-7 15 19.74%
Tri-Valley by 8-16 2 2.63%
Tri-Valley by 17+ 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-17, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thought-i-told-u View Post
VT didnt finish 15-0. And why is this a debate, TM beat PC THIS YR at their house. And PC didnt "work" TM when they had the chance......oh wait, if PC played them NOW.....hilarious. Congrats PC on your State Title, great season.
Sorry, not a PC fan...just someone who can look at 2 teams without bias and see which one was better.

You almost lost to a bunch of farmers, and you’re the best in the state? Sure thing, sport...hit me up with a T-shirt once you get them made.
Old 12-04-17, 03:54 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood/Tri Valley

[QUOTE=dresden2canton;6933888]Great game tonight and congrats to a phenomenal Trotwood team. So much talent and speed on this team, I feel the best team in the state of Ohio this year.
A couple on here, like the old boy I commented in the above quote a week ago, spoke of a rolling clock and called for a 25+ point blowout..... you were properly educated tonight about this great game of high school football. Those who made those predictions looked at this Trotwood team with all their amazing talent and severely underestimated the "heart" element on the TV side.

What a great game and great atmosphere to be a part of. The community of Dresden and the entire Zanesville area came out so strong to support last night....it was truly impressive to see.

Hats off to your kids they played an all heart game for sure. Congrats on a good season
Old 12-04-17, 05:50 PM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I thought I would write about a disappointment I saw at the game for div III game. I only got to watch the three games on Sat so I can only speak on those three games. I snuck a peek at the the teams during the National Anthem and all were standing looking toward the flag. On one team I saw two players with their fist in the air. Such a great weekend and I wondered if you ask the players why they felt they had to disrespect the flag and the country what their answer would be.
Old 12-04-17, 06:36 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
If teams were judged by what happened in the first month of the season, Canton McKinley would be D1 state champs. It doesn't work that way.
Old 12-04-17, 06:42 PM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
If teams were judged by what happened in the first month of the season, Canton McKinley would be D1 state champs. It doesn't work that way.
How many eventual state champions did Canton McKinley beat this season ?
Old 12-05-17, 07:57 AM
All Ohio

thought-i-told-u is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Sorry, not a PC fan...just someone who can look at 2 teams without bias and see which one was better.

You almost lost to a bunch of farmers, and you’re the best in the state? Sure thing, sport...hit me up with a T-shirt once you get them made.
They ALMOST lost to a VERY good team (just ask MF , St V and Hartley), but they didnt. Dont need bias to figure out which team was better, they played, it was decided on the field. If you want a shirt, im sure TW has a website, they would love your support
Old 12-05-17, 08:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
They ALMOST lost to a VERY good team (just ask MF , St V and Hartley), but they didnt. Dont need bias to figure out which team was better, they played, it was decided on the field. If you want a shirt, im sure TW has a website, they would love your support
Okay.
Old 12-05-17, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
"Support fueled Scotties during playoff run"
http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.c...run/916746001/
Old 12-05-17, 10:24 AM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I thought I would write about a disappointment I saw at the game for div III game. I only got to watch the three games on Sat so I can only speak on those three games. I snuck a peek at the the teams during the National Anthem and all were standing looking toward the flag. On one team I saw two players with their fist in the air. Such a great weekend and I wondered if you ask the players why they felt they had to disrespect the flag and the country what their answer would be.
You feel it's disrespect, others feel something else. That is what makes America great! Stop trolling. Back to the game.
Old 12-05-17, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

I don't think some of the TM faithful realize is that many fans' sole exposure to this year's Rams team was the championship game, a game where the Rams set a record for penalties in a state championship game and at times looked discombobulated. While that's not the true state of a team that went undefeated, it is nonetheless the only light in which they are viewed by many.
Old 12-05-17, 10:47 AM
All Ohio

Quote:

Those farmers would have probably beat your team.. Anyway. It's silly to compare teams as the season is now over and both teams have state championships. The head to head, we know who won and that fact should say a lot about that Trotwood program. A whole lot. Me personally, I think the best team in the state resides in DIV 2. Whether you like it or not, they kick a--. I think they beat Twood and Pick Central. But hey only in your dreams.

Tri-valley played a great game. Momentum can take you a long way. Trotwood did not play their best game and Tri-valley and those refs had a lot to do with that. Both ways. I think If the Scotties play their best game and the Rams play theirs and there was a good crew out there. Rams win by 3 TD's. But that is not how it works! A lot of other factors go into this world of 15-18 year olds. That crowd and the emotion that team was rolling with?? They would have played Pick Central just as tough:stirthepot...

Anyway the Rams deserve the ship. 15-0, great season great group of kids and one of the best HS football players I have ever seen in Hargrove. He was a joy to watch!
Old 12-05-17, 10:48 AM
All World

See

Quote:
It is not disrespectful in any way, shape, or form to peacefully protest during the anthem. Those are actually constitutional rights given to every American by the sacrifice of a our men and women in our great military. What is disrespectful and totalitarian if you will, is when someone tries impose on that constitutional right. So I have a question for you since we are going there. Do you feel the same outrage when people fly the one and only symbol of historically documented treason against this nation? After all we do call treason in this country anyone who takes up arms to overthrow the union. Yet for some reason we can't seem to get as outraged about flying that very flag as we do when someone exercises their constitutional right. Why do people disrespect this country and our flag like that? And then falsely label it Heritage. Especially in Ohio.
Old 12-05-17, 10:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I don't think some of the TM faithful realize is that many fans' sole exposure to this year's Rams team was the championship game, a game where the Rams set a record for penalties in a state championship game and at times looked discombobulated. While that's not the true state of a team that went undefeated, it is nonetheless the only light in which they are viewed by many.
I agree with you and you make a very sound point. But think of the pressure on those kids?? Especially after that but whoppin they took last year. Nerves played a part big time. Kids and Coaches. But that is what makes HS football great!! Rams were 1-5 in title games. Trying to get to 15-0! That makes for a lot of pressure. Plus those refs were pretty bad. I would take 5 or 6 of those penalties away just because. Plus the Scotties had 9 or 10 too, it was obviously a bad crew trying to get control of something that really was not out of control. Again if the Ram team that played TCC or PC or Wayne showed up the game would have been different. But again, Friday night lights on the biggest stage??? Regardless it worked out.

Oh, yeah something that has just been overlooked with all this other goofy stuff...The field position game. Undisciplined teams don't play FP as well as TWood did Friday night. The QB and the punter for Twood were unheralded weapons.
Old 12-05-17, 11:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
I agree with you and you make a very sound point. But think of the pressure on those kids?? Especially after that but whoppin they took last year. Nerves played a part big time. Kids and Coaches. But that is what makes HS football great!! Rams were 1-5 in title games. Trying to get to 15-0! That makes for a lot of pressure. Plus those refs were pretty bad. I would take 5 or 6 of those penalties away just because. Plus the Scotties had 9 or 10 too, it was obviously a bad crew trying to get control of something that really was not out of control. Again if the Ram team that played TCC or PC or Wayne showed up the game would have been different. But again, Friday night lights on the biggest stage??? Regardless it worked out.

Oh, yeah something that has just been overlooked with all this other goofy stuff...The field position game. Undisciplined teams don't play FP as well as TWood did Friday night. The QB and the punter for Twood were unheralded weapons.
Good call. I think you are correct that the prior state championship record may have put pressure on the kids. It's also unfortunately used by some in their assessment of this year's team.
Old 12-05-17, 01:00 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood at their best this year would have beaten pretty much, if not all the teams in the state. I saw them at their best 3 times this season, and they were all games in which they purely dominated.
Old 12-05-17, 01:07 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Funny, during the anthem, I thought I would not look at the flag but look around in the stands to see if I could find someone prejudice looking down on the field so they could spew they're prejudicial views or hate about someone beliefs. I thought that was you I saw. I wondered,[I] "why is he really hear?" [I]It's such a great weekend for football why does he feel he's right and we should all think like him?" Doesn't he know this is America?
Old 12-05-17, 01:16 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Who cares? This is irrelevant. They still won in spite of it that tells you how good they are. If you know anything about sports sometimes you don't have to be sharp to win the other 14 wins clearly shows that.

Tom Brady yells at coaches but has multiple Superbowl rings.
See how irrelevant that is to this,,,,,
Old 12-05-17, 01:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Trotwood at their best this year would have beaten pretty much, if not all the teams in the state.
So would Hoban.
So would Ed.
So would PC.
So would Colerain.
So would X.
So would Iggy.
So would LaSalle.
So would Winton Woods.
So would Mentor.

You get the idea.
Old 12-05-17, 02:32 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So would Hoban.
So would Ed.
So would PC.
So would Colerain.
So would X.
So would Iggy.
So would LaSalle.
So would Winton Woods.
So would Mentor.

You get the idea.
Yes, and you can already check 1 off that list.
Old 12-05-17, 02:56 PM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dont need bias to figure out which team was better, they played, it was decided on the field. If you want a shirt, im sure TW has a website, they would love your support
There is no debating this fact, fish doesn't want anybody to acknowledge facts....little trump
Old 12-05-17, 03:01 PM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
and they still won
Old 12-05-17, 03:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
There is no debating this fact, fish doesn't want anybody to acknowledge facts....little trump
Old 12-05-17, 03:51 PM
Freshman

just me being me is on a distinguished road
MaxPreps has Trotwood rated higher than any Ohio school. Congrats Trotwood on a great season and look forward to another next year.

Last edited by just me being me; 12-05-17 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-05-17, 05:20 PM
Freshman

just me being me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just me being me View Post
MaxPreps has Trotwood rated higher than any Ohio school. Congrats Trotwood on a great season and look forward to another next year.
I missed Hoban at 6 and Trotwood at 19th in the country.
Old 12-05-17, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Who cares? This is irrelevant. They still won in spite of it that tells you how good they are. If you know anything about sports sometimes you don't have to be sharp to win the other 14 wins clearly shows that.

Tom Brady yells at coaches but has multiple Superbowl rings.
See how irrelevant that is to this,,,,,
That was my point- that TM is being unfairly judged by many based upon one game.
Old 12-06-17, 07:45 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
That was my point- that TM is being unfairly judged by many based upon one game.
Your right and at this point it does not matter. People are going to say what they are going to say and feel how they are going to feel. Trotwood a DIII school with hundreds, maybe a 1000 less boys went to the home stadium and beat the DI State Champion soundly. They were more physical, faster and better coached that night. Does that mean that would happen on a cool night the first week of December?? We will never know because Trotwood is DIII and PC is DI. But for a small school to handle a team like that. They need to be respected as one of if not the best team in the state. But that just won't happen because of the many bias that people have about a community like Trotwood. On and off the field. But this ain't the time or the place.......

Great season Rams! 15-0 State Champs! Da hell with the non-believers!
Old 12-06-17, 07:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by just me being me View Post
I missed Hoban at 6 and Trotwood at 19th in the country.
Hoban is the best team in the state regardless of Division. I think they beat PC soundly and Trotwood soundly. Winton Woods is a heck of a football team. Hoban handled them. Their ability to load up with depth and skill is reminiscent of the larger Catholics the past 20 or so years. They are the new private juggernaut. OHSAA should seriously considered moving them up to DI but I think there is a provision in competitive balance that prevents a team from moving up more than 1 division. Otherwise I believe they would have been playing for and winning the big school title last weekend.

Trotwood is #2
Winton Woods is number #3
PC #4
Mentor #5

I will stop right there..
Old 12-06-17, 08:08 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hoban is the best team in the state regardless of Division. I think they beat PC soundly and Trotwood soundly. Winton Woods is a heck of a football team. Hoban handled them. Their ability to load up with depth and skill is reminiscent of the larger Catholics the past 20 or so years. They are the new private juggernaut. OHSAA should seriously considered moving them up to DI but I think there is a provision in competitive balance that prevents a team from moving up more than 1 division. Otherwise I believe they would have been playing for and winning the big school title last weekend.

Trotwood is #2
Winton Woods is number #3
PC #4
Mentor #5

I will stop right there..
I beg to differ. You have to look at the path to the title game. Pickerington Central and Mentor's paths were a lot more difficult than Hoban's. Do you honestly believe that Hoban could have made it through St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, and Olentangy Liberty? I think they would have won the opening game and fell to St. Eds.
Old 12-06-17, 08:17 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I beg to differ. You have to look at the path to the title game. Pickerington Central and Mentor's paths were a lot more difficult than Hoban's. Do you honestly believe that Hoban could have made it through St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, and Olentangy Liberty? I think they would have won the opening game and fell to St. Eds.
Hoban beats all those teams. They are a different animal right now. Do not let that Northeast Ohio bias fool you. Hoban is the best team in the state.

Winton Woods beats all those teams this year. look at their schedule. They were beat soundly by Hoban. Best team and program in the state right now. What I saw this year and last year....Period.
Old 12-06-17, 09:25 AM
All World

Hoban

Quote:
Hoban beats all those teams. They are a different animal right now. Do not let that Northeast Ohio bias fool you. Hoban is the best team in the state.

Winton Woods beats all those teams this year. look at their schedule. They were beat soundly by Hoban. Best team and program in the state right now. What I saw this year and last year....Period.
Lost to St Eds in the season didn't they? I would have to say that Hoban, the three time defending champ, would have to be the best in the state. Rightfully so they came in at #6 in the Maxpreps final ranking. Trotwood at #19 and PC at #21.