Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-01-19, 07:48 PM
Controller

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Not sure why he'd go back next school year to teach there. I'd split and not look back.
Old 04-02-19, 10:14 AM
All District

Sledgehammer is on a distinguished road
I just got a request on Facebook to sign a petition to fire the AD. Looks like a battle is brewing.
Old 04-10-19, 05:27 PM
All District

Justice is on a distinguished road
Any update @ Fenwick?
Old 04-12-19, 12:32 AM
All Region

Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
I was told from multiple people in the Fenwick community that the AD has reached out to a few area coaches and all of them have turned down the interview process. I did hear Kelvin Moss interviewed current head coach Miami Hamilton
Old 04-12-19, 05:44 AM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
What a mess!
Old 04-12-19, 12:45 PM
All District

Many outstanding seasoned coaches who are Fenwick grads. Johnny Rossi, Jay Byrne, Mike Holweger. All friends of Kreke and word is they won't consider due to how PK was treated.
Old 04-16-19, 01:00 PM
All District

hvs1717 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
What were the parents dissatisfied about? They were 16-9 this year and made it to the sectional finals. Just wait until fenwick takes a step backwards in basketball now.
A lot of parents don't care about winning and losing. All they care about is their son or daughter's playing time. There is a school that I know of, that has been improving each year since the current coach took over. They have developed players. They knocked off the defending state champ. Yet there are parents of JV players that want the coach fired because their kids deserve to be on varsity in their minds and are working towards getting that done.
Old 04-16-19, 03:01 PM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
In 2 yrs. the AD will have to face the music on this.
Old 04-16-19, 04:02 PM
All Region

Fenwick Community reporting that former Alter assistant and current Bethel Tate HC-Wolfe interviewed today...
Old 04-16-19, 05:05 PM
Freshman

Old_Coach is on a distinguished road
I have heard from some good sources that like a lot of situations there is 2 sides to every story. They have been some problems with the coach that he was asked to correct 3 years ago and he has not been able to do it. This started before the current AD was there.
Old 04-16-19, 05:18 PM
All Region

coach34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballin50 View Post
Fenwick Community reporting that former Alter assistant and current Bethel Tate HC-Wolfe interviewed today...
I wonder if the AD forgot about this interview and was 40 minutes late to this one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-19, 05:20 PM
All Region

coach34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Coach View Post
I have heard from some good sources that like a lot of situations there is 2 sides to every story. They have been some problems with the coach that he was asked to correct 3 years ago and he has not been able to do it. This started before the current AD was there.
What problems? Kreke has been the same for 30+ years. He was even harder on kids 20 years ago. It comes down to a few set of parents were not happy because there kids did not play and they got yelled at.

Old 04-16-19, 07:44 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
30 Years is a good run. Sometimes, guys need to see the end is near and the writing on the wall. Too bad he didn't have anybody who "loved" him in his inner circle paint that picture for him.
Old 04-16-19, 08:57 PM
All District

Are you serious Vinegar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
30 Years is a good run. Sometimes, guys need to see the end is near and the writing on the wall. Too bad he didn't have anybody who "loved" him in his inner circle paint that picture for him.
LAST THREE YEARS KREKE'S RECORD.

46-27 with a GCL Title in 2017 @ 17-7. & 16-9
the year before.The picture that should have been painted was a bonus and lifetime contract. 380 Wins leaves PK 14 wins short of Hall of Fame Fenwick Icon John "Butch" Rossi. Your comment is about as relevant as AD Coleman wanting a transformational coach.

Since 1958 Rossi & Kreke have won a total of 784 games. Both "Old School-Right School!

Sad moment for a school with a tradition of excellence!
Old 04-16-19, 09:22 PM
Junior Varsity

bbprodigy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Coach View Post
Good sources are clueless. There were no problems with previous AD. Nothing on his yearly evaluations to “work on.” Everything started when new AD came and started listening to parents of kids who weren’t playing enough or weren’t shooting enough. Shame on the parents who chose to send their kid to Fenwick and then weren’t happy with Kreke’s style. He hasn’t changed in 30 years. The parents had other options to send their future college/NBA star to a different high school. AD never attended a practice and rarely showed up at games - how does he do a fair evaluation? AD doesn’t even show up when Atrium Health comes to Fenwick to present them with $250,000 check for their athletic facilities. How does this AD keep his job other than he is the only minority in the school? His incompetence and lack of understanding for what an AD should do is ridiculous. Even more disheartening is that the principle doesn’t do something about it. Other coaches in other sports are beefing up their resumes and looking at other opportunities. Who wants to work for a joker like that? He has not shown any support for Kreke or the basketball program or the players since he cameto the school. He is absolutely lazy in performing his AD duties and does nothing to help the current athletes at Fenwick. When have you seen positive promotion of the school or the athletic programs coming from the athletic department? Worst hire Fenwick has made in past 10 years and it is costing the school a lot of money from long time donors. He is a hypocrite who promotes “Inside-Out” coaching but doesn’t practice it himself.
Old 04-16-19, 11:20 PM
Varsity

bobcat44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbprodigy View Post
Good sources are clueless. There were no problems with previous AD. Nothing on his yearly evaluations to “work on.” Everything started when new AD came and started listening to parents of kids who weren’t playing enough or weren’t shooting enough. Shame on the parents who chose to send their kid to Fenwick and then weren’t happy with Kreke’s style. He hasn’t changed in 30 years. The parents had other options to send their future college/NBA star to a different high school. AD never attended a practice and rarely showed up at games - how does he do a fair evaluation? AD doesn’t even show up when Atrium Health comes to Fenwick to present them with $250,000 check for their athletic facilities. How does this AD keep his job other than he is the only minority in the school? His incompetence and lack of understanding for what an AD should do is ridiculous. Even more disheartening is that the principle doesn’t do something about it. Other coaches in other sports are beefing up their resumes and looking at other opportunities. Who wants to work for a joker like that? He has not shown any support for Kreke or the basketball program or the players since he cameto the school. He is absolutely lazy in performing his AD duties and does nothing to help the current athletes at Fenwick. When have you seen positive promotion of the school or the athletic programs coming from the athletic department? Worst hire Fenwick has made in past 10 years and it is costing the school a lot of money from long time donors. He is a hypocrite who promotes “Inside-Out” coaching but doesn’t practice it himself.
Sad state of high school sports
Old 04-18-19, 08:01 AM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote: "How does this AD keep his job other than he is the only minority in the school?"

Really??? How about he is either bad or good regardless of his skin color? Maybe the district wants to give the "Minority AD" a little more time?
Wonder how many folks feel this way. If so, the dude never had a chance from the beginning. Sad!
Old 04-18-19, 08:52 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Quote: "How does this AD keep his job other than he is the only minority in the school?"

Really??? How about he is either bad or good regardless of his skin color? Maybe the district wants to give the "Minority AD" a little more time?
Wonder how many folks feel this way. If so, the dude never had a chance from the beginning. Sad!
There is no question that he is bad regardless of his skin color and nobody made any comments that would lead you to think otherwise. The only question is why the administration has taken no action based on his poor performance. Dude was given a great chance from the beginning, but chose to not become a part of the school community or ensure the basic functions of an athletic director were being done. How long do you give someone who is failing and not showing any signs of improvement?
Old 04-18-19, 09:06 AM
All American

Quote:
There is no question that he is bad regardless of his skin color and nobody made any comments that would lead you to think otherwise. The only question is why the administration has taken no action based on his poor performance. Dude was given a great chance from the beginning, but chose to not become a part of the school community or ensure the basic functions of an athletic director were being done. How long do you give someone who is failing and not showing any signs of improvement?
Dude, then why the statement about being a minority. If he is bad then he is bad! You should have not mentioned that. I have seen the opposite in several cases and the white guy was just bad, but he kept his job for another year or two and it had nothing to do with him being a minority(in the reverse situation). Hey man, I have no skin in the Middletown Madison game. But I do feel I have the right to address something that I think is inappropriate. If you got a bad AD don't blame him still having his job on Affirmative Action??? Maybe the admin wants to give him more time? Maybe he has another plan?? Heck, maybe he is bad but firing him after such a short time will look bad? But please, avoid the he his only sticking around because he is black deal. That is too easy... You said it, so you must really believe it. Check your mindset then re-think...Bad is bad, black, white or green. Just sayin..
Old 04-18-19, 10:19 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Dude, then why the statement about being a minority. If he is bad then he is bad! You should have not mentioned that. I have seen the opposite in several cases and the white guy was just bad, but he kept his job for another year or two and it had nothing to do with him being a minority(in the reverse situation). Hey man, I have no skin in the Middletown Madison game. But I do feel I have the right to address something that I think is inappropriate. If you got a bad AD don't blame him still having his job on Affirmative Action??? Maybe the admin wants to give him more time? Maybe he has another plan?? Heck, maybe he is bad but firing him after such a short time will look bad? But please, avoid the he his only sticking around because he is black deal. That is too easy... You said it, so you must really believe it. Check your mindset then re-think...Bad is bad, black, white or green. Just sayin..
I apologize for making that statement and leading this conversation away from the issue of a poor performing AD terminating a loyal, high-character coach. I do suggest that if you are going to scrutinize someone's opinion or statement that you at least get the name of the school involved correct.
Old 04-18-19, 10:37 AM
All American

Quote:
I apologize for making that statement and leading this conversation away from the issue of a poor performing AD terminating a loyal, high-character coach. I do suggest that if you are going to scrutinize someone's opinion or statement that you at least get the name of the school involved correct.
Like I said.... No skin in the game!! It could be school x, y or z. I just wanted you to reflect on the statement. If he is bad he is bad, If he is good he is good. Not color of the skin but the content of the character.....Focus your argument on what you believe is or is not happening. Once you mention race it takes the focus off your real concern and makes you look like something you may not be........... A racist that feels that this black dude is still working because he is black. Again I have seen the roles completely reversed and white dudes kept their jobs and been bad and folks just say they are bad!! Why can't it be the same for this black dude?? All I am saying?? He could be a bad AD that just happens to be black? Right? Identifying we made a mistake and taking a look in the mirror can help us all get better as humans.. Have a great day and good luck out there because it obvious you guys got some issues to iron out!

Bishop Fenwick... My Bad!
Old 04-18-19, 04:06 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Anybody who thinks a new AD can pull the trigger on the GOAT is crazy. The AD may be the point person...and doing something that higher ups have been to chicken to do...but want done. Zero chance he is the lone wolf on this one....although, if it does take the horrible turn for Fenwick that some suggest, he may be the one going down with the ship.
Old 04-18-19, 05:22 PM
All District

Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Anybody who thinks a new AD can pull the trigger on the GOAT is crazy. The AD may be the point person...and doing something that higher ups have been to chicken to do...but want done. Zero chance he is the lone wolf on this one....although, if it does take the horrible turn for Fenwick that some suggest, he may be the one going down with the ship.
We agree on your stating AD is not a lone wolf. The Principal had to sign off, and the advisory board or school board would certainly be consulted. Not a doubt in my mind. The Akers Family ( Donated the land) and have been loyal supporters of PK, and The Bidwell family ?(Magnode Corporation) had a HOF Athlete, & Marty coached with PK and a personal friend of PK. Both great families, with a large number of children BFHS graduates. Would never support this BS firing. But that's old Middletown Fenwick!!

Coach Kreke's mentor was Bobby Knight.Nuff said.
Never intended to suggest that PK wasn't Old School, coaching Melenials coddled and protected by Helicopter parents. Long gone are the days when what happened in the locker room, stayed in the locker room.

PK is a very good man, a very good teacher, a highly decorated coach with a State Championship in Baseball. He has time and again been there for his students & players. Remember readers about the Kidney donation to a young man who didn't play for him. How about donating bone marrow to a young boy in Canada to save his life? And over his forty years @Fenwick many acts of his kindness & loyalty undoubtedly are remembered.

You lead for this many years, and with the fire in the belly that has served him well as a Captain of the Xavier Basebal team, has been inducted in Badin & Fenwicks HOF.........& his success with 380 Wins will rightfully earn him an induction to the Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame.

He is a fierce competitor with a fiery coaching style.
I personally love this about him & Fred Nori

AD wants a Transformational Coach?

PK will also be the first person to welcome the new coach to Fenwick wishing him well and he will continue to be effective in the classroom. Ironic that the AD has had one all the time!! The silent majority understand
& appreciate the quality longevity of the era just ended.! An era that spans 1958-2019.61 years!
Thank you Coaches Kreke & Rossi Two Hall Of Fame coaches and leaders.

History will be kind to PK!
I really don't give a damn that he yelled @ my children who played for him and had him in the classroom. They are better citizens and parents because of the high expectations I thank K&R for their passion for excellence.

Last edited by Justice; 04-18-19 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-18-19, 06:18 PM
All Region

1 time is on a distinguished road
VERY well said and VERY true about your entire post !
Old 04-26-19, 09:22 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Any word on who could be replacing Fenwick?
Old 04-27-19, 07:00 AM
All Region

Deadline to apply is May 15th. Like I mentioned in an earlier post I know of two people who have interviewed. Scott Wolfe current HC Bethel Tate former assistant at Alter. Kelvin Moss current HC Miami Hamilton, previous girls HC Middletown, and assistant on the Middletown Boys staff.
Old 04-27-19, 07:52 AM
All World

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
I promise a downgrade here.
Old 04-27-19, 08:54 AM
All Region

coach34
You have to figure not alot of good coaches are going to apply. They see how a coach of 30+ years was treated and nobody wants to coach a team where the parents will run the show. Plus, they have little to no talent coming back. Maybe a 5 win season coming up with all of those out of league. And with the AD being not the best just adds to it.

Old 04-27-19, 03:43 PM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
They are replacing Pat Kreke with one of those two guys?! Wow, both the AD and Principal should be fired. This kind of administrative stupidity will eventually even hurt enrollment. Who do theses two clowns answer to?
Old 04-27-19, 03:56 PM
Varsity

chwestbroo is on a distinguished road
Favorite for the HC position? 6’8 kid Braun should return but that might be the only positive with this job.