Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-05-19, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs95 View Post
Wildcat basketball legend charged with 25 counts of murder. Yikes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-doses-n970026
At least he managed to beocme a doctor, unlike all the Ed's basketball legends. BTW, as far as being a "legend", I had never heard of the guy.
Old 06-05-19, 06:27 PM
U.S. American

sehs95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
At least he managed to beocme a doctor, unlike all the Ed's basketball legends. BTW, as far as being a "legend", I had never heard of the guy.
I would have him on the Ignatius basketball Mt. Rushmore along with Terry Walsh, Matt Adler, and Sean O'Toole.
Old 06-05-19, 09:28 PM
All Yappi

What are you smoking? Stick to Ed's Mt. Rushmore. My Mt. Rushmore, being an Ignatius alum I do have an advantage, will be Roggenburg (not the pitcher/announcer but his father), Dowling (yes, him again), Joey Rey, and David Mack. Where did your "legend" play his college ball?
Old 06-06-19, 07:12 AM
U.S. American

Quote:
What are you smoking? Stick to Ed's Mt. Rushmore. My Mt. Rushmore, being an Ignatius alum I do have an advantage, will be Roggenburg (not the pitcher/announcer but his father), Dowling (yes, him again), Joey Rey, and David Mack. Where did your "legend" play his college ball?
After earning 2nd team All State, he attended Wheeling Jesuit. Before he had a chance to blow up on the court, he was arrested for building pipe bombs, and trying to fame someone else for it. Career fizzled after that.
Old 06-06-19, 08:04 AM
All Yappi

He must have been really great if got a scholarship to Wheeling, division II school, right?Hard to believe that he could get a medical licence after that episode. And who the heck were Terry Walsh and Matt Adler? schools they attended?
Old 06-06-19, 01:16 PM
U.S. American

Quote:
He must have been really great if got a scholarship to Wheeling, division II school, right?Hard to believe that he could get a medical licence after that episode. And who the heck were Terry Walsh and Matt Adler? schools they attended?
Full transparency... My Wildcat Mt. Rushmore and calling a Husel a legend was mild trolling. That being said, Husel & Walsh were both 2nd team all state, and very good players. Adler holds all of the schools blocked shot records. If I know who they are, a serious Ignatius fan should. Walsh's Draymond Green-like on-court antics and fiery red mane probably overshadowed his talents, and made him a formidable 'villain' when the Cats played the Eagles.

In all seriousness, it's shocking that he was able to prescribe fatal doses for so long before he was finally 'caught'. It was all out in the open and documented, and while some nurses and PAs raised eyebrows, they carried out the dosages. I hope his victim's families get justice, and he get's psychiatric treatment.
Old 06-06-19, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

The elder Roggenburg was an all-American at Dayton; Rey went to Xavier and then left because of the lack of playing time; Mack got a scholarship to Canisus; and when Dowling went to Yale freshmen were not allowed to play varsity. So all the Ivy League teams played a freshman schedule. For the Yale freshman team he averaged about 26 points a game, breaking all Yale records, and led the Ivies in scoring. His Yale freshman records may still stand today.